2015-09-25 GEBA Arena I - Buenos Aires, Argentina

sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

We had to find one of five record stores to have our tickets printed. So that was the big event of the day. It all worked out. In the store, right by the sales area, was a stand of TOH albums and cd's of Queen Forever. Very nice! (Marie, am I driving you crazy combining threads here or something?).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Queen Official ✔@QueenWillRock
We are getting ready for you Buenos Aires... #queen #adamlambert
10:01 PM - 24 Sep 2015

barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Rock Radio/Activo ‏@rockradioactivo 37m37 minutes ago
#Argentina! Mañana 25sep se viene el evento cultural del año! @QueenWillRock + @adamlambert #Dontstopthemnow en el GEBA
::thumbsup:: ::clapbig:: ::clap:: ::woohoo::
Translated from Spanish by Bing
#Argentina! Tomorrow 25 sep is the cultural event of the year! @QueenWillRock+ @adamlambert #Dontstopthemnow in the GEBA
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

TALCvids 14h14 hours ago
TALCvids retweeted VQV! Radio Sexy!
Today, throughout the day, we welcome you to Argentina, Queen & Adam Lambert TALCvids added,
VQV! Radio Sexy! @VQVradio
Hoy, durante todo el día, le damos la bienvenida a la Argentina a @QueenWillRock & @adamlambert

la100fm 12h12 hours ago View translation
Te invitamos a un Meet&Greet con Queen + @adamlambert #MiHistoriaConQueenEmpezó #La100Premium http://la100.com.ar

AdamLambert_ARG 9h9 hours ago View translation
Tomen nota : Geba
16hs Apertura de puertas
18hs Show de apertura: SER
21.30hs Show de Queen + Adam Lambert

TALCvids 6h6 hours ago
TALCvids retweeted Adam Lambert Brasil
Guys ... soon we will have a special promotion--with items autographed by @adamlambert himself. Stay tuned!!! TALCvids added,
Adam Lambert Brasil @AdamLambertBr
Pessoal... em breve teremos uma Promoção especial... com itens autografados pelo próprio @adamlambert ! Fiquem ligados!!!

QueenWillRock 5h5 hours ago
We are getting ready for you Buenos Aires... #queen #adamlambert

aleks_kv 5h5 hours ago
You are super sweet!!! Good luck:) RT @AloisTrancy_16
@adamlambert #AdamLambertArgentina we are waiting you!

TALCvids 3h3 hours ago
TALCvids retweeted Rock Radio/Activo
#Argentina! Tomorrow 25 sep is the cultural event of the year! Queen + Adam Lambert #Dontstopthemnow in the GEBA TALCvids added,
Rock Radio/Activo @rockradioactivo
#Argentina! Mañana 25sep se viene el evento cultural del año! @QueenWillRock + @adamlambert #Dontstopthemnow en el GEBA

VeroniqueORCEL 3h3 hours ago
I went to the venue ^___^
Ppl are already queueing with tents (for the campo section) -> 5 ppl. For the campo VIP, no one yet

VeroniqueORCEL 3h3 hours ago
A woman working there told Brian and Roger went to see the venue Thursday

VeroniqueORCEL 3h3 hours ago View translation
La dame était vraiment trop adorable, elle m'a donné tout plein d'infos et elle m'a fait un bsx et souhaiter bonne chance pour demain :")
TRANSLATION: "The lady was really adorable. She gave me lots of info and gave me a kiss and wished me good luck for tomorrow"
"It is what it is!"
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

sandyrk » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:35 pm wrote:We had to find one of five record stores to have our tickets printed. So that was the big event of the day. It all worked out. In the store, right by the sales area, was a stand of TOH albums and cd's of Queen Forever. Very nice! (Marie, am I driving you crazy combining threads here or something?).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Going to a record store - can you imagine - seems like such a throw-back to the late 1970s. Have a ball, guys!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

THIS INFO IS IN THE OP AS WELL!!!!

After rereading the fine print of the radio station who was talking about streaming QAL, I realized that they will be re-airing this show on their station, SATURDAY NIGHT at 10:00 p.m. their time... Thankfully, we had someone step up to the plate and we have an audio streamer and a possible Ustreamer (if there is wifi - which is highly doubtful).

mmadamimadamm 44m44 minutes ago
QAL

WC http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... 2130&p1=51
TL: https://twitter.com/vanglam/lists/queen ... rtbsasgeba

AUDIO STREAM
http://mixlr.com/joyzgolden/

USTREAM (IF WIFI)
"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Dr. Brian May ✔@DrBrianMay
Buenos Aires ! Are you ready ?! We will give you our ALL ! Bri X
5:42 AM - 25 Sep 2015
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Alice ‏@plumcomm
Adam or the Pope? No disrespect meant. RT @Wild4Adam: @shoshannastone capturing the hearts of the world one country at a time.
ARGENT~134.GIF
ARGENT~134.GIF (1.63 KiB) Viewed 2055 times
Dan ‏@scubadan21 Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina@OIQFC its on![/color][/b]
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

QueenOnline on Tour: Notes From The Road South America Part 7
::yessss:: ::thumbsup::
...Today, we have bright sunshine! Although still a bit windy, coats have been retired for now, the shades are on and 'Guitar' has just given us a short medley of AC/DC riffs as he tests out BM's Red Special.

Soundcheck is imminent, in fact, I have just heard over the radio..."Are you ready for Rog to come and make some noise? Over."

I have been told that not only does an Argentinean crowd sing every word, but also it has been known that they sing Brian's solos!

Come rain or shine, I am expecting great things Buenos Aires.

Nick

http://www.queenonline.com/en/news-arch ... ca-part-7/
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Queen Official ‏@queenwillrock
Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Sunshine in Buenos Aires! Pete is celebrating by playing AC/DC's Highway To Hell! #queen #adamlambert…

barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Bebe Sanzo spoke face to face with Adam Lambert especially Queen and more......
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

25th September 2015
QueenOnline on Tour: Notes From The Road South America Part 7

http://www.queenonline.com/en/news-arch ... ca-part-7/

Porto Alegre: Worst weather, best show.

I make no apologies for that assessment Sao Paulo or Rio; it's just how I saw it. A leaner and meaner set was played at this show, with the removal of ‘Save Me’, '39’, ‘The Show Must Go On’ and ‘Stone Cold Crazy’ and a little re-jigging of the set list - some will disagree, but less is more sometimes. Another thing, this was the best I have ever seen Adam perform, he was on it from the word go. The impression I got, was he pushed back the 'pea cocking' as he calls it, and just went for a high-energy performance, he really seemed ‘in the zone’.

It's funny how some songs are received differently from gig to gig. One of the biggest roars of the night in Porto Alegre was for 'Seven Seas Of Rhye', not the most obvious choice, but I like a little twist to things. My personal favourite part of the show was Adam's call and response after 'Tie Your Mother Down’ that segued into a cool little jam.

I have new thing too. If I can, I like to give out set lists to people at the end of the shows. I pick a few people out and I just love seeing those faces light up. I think it's because I'm a dad.

So, thanks Brazil, it's been a blast, short but sweet and I will return. One cool little fact for you; my older sister lives in Brazil and she text me to say in the wake of Rock In Rio, A Tarde FM Radio have not stopped playing 'Love Of My Life', she said it’s on multiple times EVERYDAY. Well, let's remember what Brian said, "It's your song Brazil..."

To Buenos Aires then…the flight was rather unspectacular and turbulence free this time, but a couple of funny things did occur...

1) We skipped our bags being scanned and checked at Argentinean customs because we were 'with Queen'. Not sure that was completely responsible behaviour by the staff, but we did appreciate it - nothing like a name drop though eh?

2) The same customs staff asked if I was Queen's manager. Wasn't sure how to take that one, but I did laugh.

3) Some baggage handlers asked to have their photo taken with Nigel, Roger's drum technician.

4) But the best was Pete Malandrone's boarding pass. It was printed as thus -  'Peter Guitar Malandrone'. He is currently not answering to his first name, only 'Guitar'.

All that and we had not even got out of the airport terminal. 'Queen Crew Mania', anyone?

Two days off in Buenos Aires then.

Some stay in their rooms and watch films, others venture out and visit graveyards. Some prefer room service, others have lunch and whilst watching live Tango dancing. Some went out drinking and were not heard of for 24 hours, I went for a massage. Everyone is different in what they do, but rest was needed, the schedule had been quite brutal, especially with the late stage times. I caught up with some work, checked in the Queen Productions London and spoke to home.

For one of my days off I was lucky to have a guide and managed to see a bit of the city. I have known Wilki (or Pablo as I found out) several years now, he translates all the news and copy into Spanish for QueenOnline, as well as few other jobs down here for us. We met up and he insisted on showing me around and I am glad he did, I got a history lesson, a politics lecture and a walking tour of Downtown. I summarised it as thus; the part of Buenos Aires I saw was like New York with a Barcelona attitude.

Is Lenny Kravitz big here by the way? I just seemed to hear his tunes everywhere I go here. It's not a bad thing, as long as you only stick to his first four albums.

The crew party was on Wednesday - what goes on tour stays on tour and all that! Not really. We went out to a really nice pizza restaurant, band and management included, and had jolly old time, super food, some amazing red wine and cocktails and a great laugh. Roger led the "Cheers!" and the downing of a shot of tequila and Brian's declared us as...(rude word coming up) "The best f*cking crew in the world!" - I'll take that, I have only ever been in one crew, so a 100% record for me!

Yesterday's pre-show load in squally conditions at the Geba venue was not the most pleasant of afternoons and I say that from a guy who sits in a portacabin most of the time and not constructing a stage outside - there was some quite 'colourful' language to be heard, but the crew smashed through for quite an early finish at 10.30pm. The grey weather did make me feel at home, however...

...Today, we have bright sunshine!  Although still a bit windy, coats have been retired for now, the shades are on and 'Guitar' has just given us a short medley of AC/DC riffs as he tests out BM's Red Special.

Soundcheck is imminent, in fact, I have just heard over the radio..."Are you ready for Rog to come and make some noise? Over."

I have been told that not only does an Argentinean crowd sing every word, but also it has been known that they sing Brian's solos!

Come rain or shine, I am expecting great things Buenos Aires.

Nick

(Photo: Steve 'Baby Jesus' Price)
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

giuladigirolamo
La cara de matada no se borra con nada, pero FELIZZZZ!!!
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

holasoyrochi
Here we are #queen #adamlambert

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

WOW! The crowd is building up early!!! Still 4 hours to go until show time!!!!

All info in the OP BTW....
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

lilybop2010 4s4 seconds ago
Lilybop retweeted LA 100
Queen + Adam Lambert Buenos Aires GEBA Stadium show will be broadcast Live Worldwide!
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... 2130&p1=51
Lilybop added,

LA 100 @la100fm
Falta menos p/@QueenWillRock +@adamlambert en vivo d/ GEBA, hoy 21.30 transmite @La100fm ► http://l100.la/SFSDI
"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

::yessss::

::popcorn::

Return to “2015 QAL South America Tour”