2015-02-07 Frankfurt, Germany - Festhalle

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'hotouthere' date='Feb 7th 2015, 5:43 PM'

He spat out the champagne but didn't put much pressure behind it and probably didn't actually hit anyone.  He also didn't say anything about hitting anyone and the that's rock and roll line.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life' date='Feb 7th 2015, 7:30 PM'

I just saw the video. Looks like it landed on the side of the stage. Poor thing. I can hear it in his voice that he's not well.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'madamimadam' date='Feb 7th 2015, 7:43 PM'

scubadan21  ·  8h 8 hours ago
Brian and roger arriving at the venue for tonight's show

TALCvids  ·  7h 7 hours ago
rufusttaylor's IG: "Frankfurt Festhalle tonight. Really impressive room with a lot of history ..." http://instagram.com/p/yztG-YThHX/

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'sealuv' date='Feb 7th 2015, 7:48 PM'

vanglam

and love this tweet...... :haha:  the guy doesn't know how to rest!.......
#TheOriginalHigh ‏@Glambert_Kat  5m5 minutes ago
@adamlambert  GO TO SLEEP. YOU ARE SICK.YOU CAN FOLLOW EVERYONE TOMORROW. REST!!!!

awww ...so much  <3

SlipOutOfSight ‏@SlipOutOfSight  14m14 minutes ago
@adamlambert How does one recover from a concert like tonight in Frankfurt? #MissionImpossible #QAL Get well soon, love! <33333

♊ Babs ♪♫ ‏@LetMeLive81  28m28 minutes ago
“@GlamLawyer: The radio moderator said they are getting tones of great comments about the concert.

Anna ‏@Glamtrueffel96  3h3 hours ago
They are talking about QAL on the radio - the caller praised Adam and called him a Sahneschnittchen lol :D

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'sealuv' date='Feb 7th 2015, 7:59 PM'

♊ Babs @LetMeLive81  4m4 minutes ago
“@scubadan21: ”

the guy is sick and look at this..........talk about a true performer......... <3

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'BHS9697' date='Feb 7th 2015, 8:04 PM'

Hey y'all!!!  :w00twave:

What a night... <3  <3  <3  

OK, my eyephone sucked just like in London so no tweets from me during the show (or before it - I'm only able to get online with my hotel's wifi :/ ) and we had great seats on the 1st balcony almost above the "Save me -stage" where Adam starts the song but had two tall dudes in front of us who bombed _all_ of my photos so tall dudes are officially on my hate list :angry:

Despite all that, what an amazing, amazing night! Being so much closer to Adam and Queen, this was far better an experience than London 1st to me. Yes, tonight there were some minor mess-ups musically (miscommunication etc. which is a part on live music sometimes) and pretty early on it became apparent that Adam was ill so they had to skip WWTLF, as well as Adam's sing-along and most of the glory notes BUT...

I don't have a clue how Adam did it but he was still full of energy and he looked very joyous and genuinely happy on stage. Oh, those smiles...  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: To me, it didn't look like his game face but real joy, even though he must have felt disappointed and p*ssed off that he's not at his best vocally. He was sexy, funny, cute, GORGEOUS, hot, beautiful, magnetic, majestic, did I mention GORGEOUS already... :dead:

Brian May is.... I just want to smish him! His Red Special has the unique sound that no other guitar that I've heard of has <3 Roger is a goofball and a bada*s rock star who wore glittery red dress shoes! :haha: The drum battle is awesome, the lasers are gorgeous, I love Brian's guitar solo too, even though it is a long one.

ETA: the crowd tonight was amazing, loud, participating. They loved Queen and Adam, and let it show. Lots of middle-aged Queenie men in the front of GA :yes:

I'm still on cloud nine and I ain't coming back any soon as my train to Brussels will be boarding in 8 hours and I have VIP tickets :w00twave:

Thanks for managing to read through this mess :teehee:
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

vanglam
[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

vistadiva:8385 wrote:
'BHS9697' date='Feb 7th 2015, 8:04 PM'

Hey y'all!!!  :w00twave:

What a night... <3  <3  <3  

OK, my eyephone sucked just like in London so no tweets from me during the show (or before it - I'm only able to get online with my hotel's wifi :/ ) and we had great seats on the 1st balcony almost above the "Save me -stage" where Adam starts the song but had two tall dudes in front of us who bombed _all_ of my photos so tall dudes are officially on my hate list :angry:

Despite all that, what an amazing, amazing night! Being so much closer to Adam and Queen, this was far better an experience than London 1st to me. Yes, tonight there were some minor mess-ups musically (miscommunication etc. which is a part on live music sometimes) and pretty early on it became apparent that Adam was ill so they had to skip WWTLF, as well as Adam's sing-along and most of the glory notes BUT...

I don't have a clue how Adam did it but he was still full of energy and he looked very joyous and genuinely happy on stage. Oh, those smiles...  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: To me, it didn't look like his game face but real joy, even though he must have felt disappointed and p*ssed off that he's not at his best vocally. He was sexy, funny, cute, GORGEOUS, hot, beautiful, magnetic, majestic, did I mention GORGEOUS already... :dead:

Brian May is.... I just want to smish him! His Red Special has the unique sound that no other guitar that I've heard of has <3 Roger is a goofball and a bada*s rock star who wore glittery red dress shoes! :haha: The drum battle is awesome, the lasers are gorgeous, I love Brian's guitar solo too, even though it is a long one.

ETA: the crowd tonight was amazing, loud, participating. They loved Queen and Adam, and let it show. Lots of middle-aged Queenie men in the front of GA :yes:

I'm still on cloud nine and I ain't coming back any soon as my train to Brussels will be boarding in 8 hours and I have VIP tickets :w00twave:

Thanks for managing to read through this mess :teehee:

'sealuv' date='Feb 7th 2015, 8:18 PM'

we here on the thread could hear adam was not his usual self....but you guys there in the audience...have to say ....you guys were frickin' awesome!!!!!!........looking at vanglam's vids ....he so really pushed himself through all this....a true performer!!!..........and so happy you had the time of your life!!!!.....QAL RULES!.... :D
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'svca' date='Feb 7th 2015, 8:36 PM'

Thanks for your recap, BHS, I'm so glad you had a blast....and get to do it again!  A true Glambert lol  :haha:

I loved Brian's guitar solo, too, such a beautiful sound from that guitar.  He just makes it sing  <3

And I don't usually hear people gushing over it, but I loved, loved, loved Roger's These are The Days of Our Lives.  That one made me tear up, with the screen in the background.

Actually, my least favorite songs were the ones people usually love, like Dragon Attack, and some of the more hard rock songs.

I like the softer songs, like WWTLF and Save Me and Lap of the Gods  :">
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'BHS9697' date='Feb 7th 2015, 8:39 PM'

^ What you said. He is a real pro :wub:  :wub:  :wub: Kudos and huge respect to him!

I don't think many first-timers realized how much Adam really had to skip from his usual performance so it's mostly us die-hards who know. First-timers loved the show, just like we all did :yes:
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'sealuv' date='Feb 7th 2015, 8:53 PM'

have a question..BHS9697...what is your impression of the Queenies celebrating adam as the "new" frontman?....this Frankfurt audience was really pretty awesome.........but it is always fun to hear direct testimonials.....did you?
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'BHS9697' date='Feb 7th 2015, 8:59 PM'

I didn't get to ask that many people after the concert what they thought of it, but based on the hugehugehuge and loud applause Adam got after Brian "introduced" him, I'd say most of them were sold :yes:  :yes:  :yes: I'm thinking the UK and Italy are the hardest for him to conquer, and he has already done that in UK better than I dared to ever hope for <3

Brian of course got the biggest applause tonight which he completely deserves but Adam's wasn't that far behind :wub:

Afterwards, at our hotel, we chatted with a young couple and the man said, in front of his gf, that he's not gay but for Adam he might just as well be because that man is just so gorgeous :haha: Another one bites the dust!
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'BHS9697' date='Feb 7th 2015, 9:06 PM'

Oh, one thing that was very different from other shows: people didn't queu for the GA that early at all! The guy we talked with at our hotel said that he and his gf went to the venue around 5:30 pm and got 5th row on GA! Never seen that happen during this tour.

But I have to say, the weather has been deadly freezing in Frankfurt! The north wind was far worse than I've ever experienced, and this is coming from a Finn who is used to dealing with winter :haha: And this might be one reason for no early queuers. Wise people.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'sealuv' date='Feb 7th 2015, 9:47 PM'

...always love to hear these dudes wanting to turn...... :haha: and so can see why.......he is delicious..........

interesting your assessment with Italy...guess Milan will be a test...believe it was sold out pretty readily...... :thumbs:
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'crocked' date='Feb 7th 2015, 10:12 PM'

Well, I have to reply to this.  I am not into guitar you see, but after reading all the gushes and ooohs about his guitar playing, I started to listen, really listen and came to be not bored by it. I come to recognize the uniqueness, the improvisations. Then it slowly came into me.  I think that solo was education for us to know more about his legacy, his geniusness, and now I come to love it.
And like you, I am not into hard rock but more on the softer songs.  I like the melody of Lap of the Gods and how he sang it.  There is so much in the Q repertoire, that I doubt we can hear Adam's take on it.  Everytime they introduced something new in the set, I feel like being punched, as I could not imagine that there are so many that are better than what they have now.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'Love2Lurk' date='Feb 7th 2015, 10:43 PM'

Thanks BHS9697 for your recap !!!

So sorry Adam was not feeling so good  :'(  

Sounds like he was a trooper and still put on a great show !!!  :wub:

Glad you had a great time   :flowers:
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'Love2Lurk' date='Feb 7th 2015, 10:58 PM'
This Save Me is still beautiful !!!  You can see tho ..... poor BB isn't himself  :(  :wub:

Nadine ♐ ‏@citygirl36  · 12m12 minutes ago  
Save Me was beautiful. Different but beautiful.

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'barb4Adam' date='Feb 8th 2015, 12:10 AM'

I think they like him! :hug:  :w00twave:
Radio Gaga_Adam came down to us (Frankfurt)
[youtube][/youtube]
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'BHS9697' date='Feb 8th 2015, 1:47 AM'

Yeah. There are some die-hard Queenies in Italy that haven't been all that welcoming to Adam but it is true that Milan sold out very fast :)

The long instrument solos are a traditional part of rock music which are not usually done any more these days so I think it's fab that despite all the criticism on that long solo, Brian still does it to. He truly is a living rock legend, showing us what it used to be like back in the day in the world of rock. And, it's not just him playing, the keyboard brings a very special atmosphere to the solo, just like the lasers do. It's very... ambient and all I could do was watch and listen and admire, being in the moment <3

I think this one tweet summarized the whole evening perfectly:

@feraltwirler awwww skipped the Franki Valli note but did the one before it. And his little nod at the end. He's happy, it worked

Alright, I'm up after having slept some 3 hours >.< The things we do for that man... But I have a train to catch! Brussels, here I come! :teehee:
[youtube][/youtube]
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'madamimadam' date='Feb 8th 2015, 2:04 PM'

mmadamimadamm  ·  16h 16 hours ago
RT @TALCvids: WOW! The crowd and venue!

mbenh5  ·  15h 15 hours ago
Adam Lambert performing even when he is sick, out sings & out performs better than any other singer on their BEST day! As does Brian May too

IvaaLambert  ·  8h 8 hours ago
PRO PICS - Ein Abend mit Queen und Adam Lambert in der Festhalle Frankfurt: - Bilderstrecke http://www.fnp.de/bilderstrecken/Ein-Abend...cme53381,915984 … via @twitterapi

GlamLawyer  ·  9h 9 hours ago
Kind of Magic: Queen mit Adam Lambert http://www.heidelberg24.de/region/frankfur...le-4713745.html … great pics.

IvaaLambert  ·  8h 8 hours ago
PRO PICS - Ein Abend mit Queen und Adam Lambert in der Festhalle Frankfurt: - Bilderstrecke http://www.fnp.de/bilderstrecken/Ein-Abend...cme53381,915984 … via @twitterapi

AquarianGlitz  ·  7h 7 hours ago
@adamlambert it's a measure of your professionalism how you performed in Frankfurt as sick as you were. Was pulling 4u every note of WATC.
DrBrianMay  ·  2h 2 hours ago
FRANKFURT Selfie Stick Vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxFkaK32USs...SLO&index=1 … - this time features also soundcheck empty Festhalle.  (Sorry - now correct link)  Br

Return to “2015 QAL UK/Europe Tour”