2015-02-07 Frankfurt, Germany - Festhalle

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'barb4Adam' date='Feb 8th 2015, 12:10 AM'

I think they like him! :hug:  :w00twave:
Radio Gaga_Adam came down to us (Frankfurt)
[youtube][/youtube]
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'BHS9697' date='Feb 8th 2015, 1:47 AM'

Yeah. There are some die-hard Queenies in Italy that haven't been all that welcoming to Adam but it is true that Milan sold out very fast :)

The long instrument solos are a traditional part of rock music which are not usually done any more these days so I think it's fab that despite all the criticism on that long solo, Brian still does it to. He truly is a living rock legend, showing us what it used to be like back in the day in the world of rock. And, it's not just him playing, the keyboard brings a very special atmosphere to the solo, just like the lasers do. It's very... ambient and all I could do was watch and listen and admire, being in the moment <3

I think this one tweet summarized the whole evening perfectly:

@feraltwirler awwww skipped the Franki Valli note but did the one before it. And his little nod at the end. He's happy, it worked

Alright, I'm up after having slept some 3 hours >.< The things we do for that man... But I have a train to catch! Brussels, here I come! :teehee:
[youtube][/youtube]
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'madamimadam' date='Feb 8th 2015, 2:04 PM'

mmadamimadamm  ·  16h 16 hours ago
RT @TALCvids: WOW! The crowd and venue!

mbenh5  ·  15h 15 hours ago
Adam Lambert performing even when he is sick, out sings & out performs better than any other singer on their BEST day! As does Brian May too

IvaaLambert  ·  8h 8 hours ago
PRO PICS - Ein Abend mit Queen und Adam Lambert in der Festhalle Frankfurt: - Bilderstrecke http://www.fnp.de/bilderstrecken/Ein-Abend...cme53381,915984 … via @twitterapi

GlamLawyer  ·  9h 9 hours ago
Kind of Magic: Queen mit Adam Lambert http://www.heidelberg24.de/region/frankfur...le-4713745.html … great pics.

IvaaLambert  ·  8h 8 hours ago
PRO PICS - Ein Abend mit Queen und Adam Lambert in der Festhalle Frankfurt: - Bilderstrecke http://www.fnp.de/bilderstrecken/Ein-Abend...cme53381,915984 … via @twitterapi

AquarianGlitz  ·  7h 7 hours ago
@adamlambert it's a measure of your professionalism how you performed in Frankfurt as sick as you were. Was pulling 4u every note of WATC.
DrBrianMay  ·  2h 2 hours ago
FRANKFURT Selfie Stick Vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxFkaK32USs...SLO&index=1 … - this time features also soundcheck empty Festhalle.  (Sorry - now correct link)  Br
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'madamimadam' date='Feb 8th 2015, 8:59 PM'

They knew before the show that they were cutting WWTLF... It wasn't an 'on the spot' decision...

mmadamimadamm  ·  4h 4 hours ago
RT @IvaaLambert: @nolechica @14gelly https://www.facebook.com/Queen/photos/a.141...e=1&theater

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'Idolook' date='Feb 9th 2015, 7:24 AM'

Hey guys, I finally have time to tell u about my experience @ the gig.  <3

I was nervous the whole day, went to the toilet almost every 10 minutes  :haha: And as we finally arrived at the venue, I was so pleased. There were people from all ages, but at first I spotted "older" queen fans ... I was so excited for them to meet Adam for the first time but also that they had the chance to see QUEEN live on stage again.  :)

As we got seated, I started getting nervous again. It all discharged when the concert finally started with a delay of approx. 20 minutes, and I cried when the curtain fell and I sensed the emotions floating around the venue! It was magnificent, overwhelming and so unbelievable. I thought back when I first saw Adam live and thought that I might not be able to see him again, but I'm glad I was SO wrong!  :teehee:

The concert was great. You all by now should know that Adam was/is sick, which I could tell after a few songs where I missed his vocal acrobatics seen in different recordings from other gigs. But other than that, I enjoyed every single moment. My highlights were BoRhap (of course), Brian May's FLUENT GERMAN / greeting in "hessisch" (German dialect) :haha:, Love of my Life, the lasershow @ Brian's solo, IWIA, Stone Cold and of course WWRY/WATC where the whole crowd was cheering like crazy, as well as Brian's question how the audience likes the new man. I had chills and tears in my eyes the whole evening.  :thumbs:

I can tell ya that I didn't get the chance to ask people what they thought of Adam, but the overall reception was great. They accepted him like I hoped they would.  <3  <3

You already posted most of my pictures that I tweeted, but I also recorded a few videos:/
Somebody to Love (full)
[youtube][/youtube]

Stone Cold Crazy (full)
[youtube][/youtube]

IWTBF (partial)
[youtube][/youtube]

KQ (short, partial)
[youtube][/youtube]
My wife was excited as well, she cried like I did and cheered like crazy. She also recorded some videos that I will upload in a few days.

I had a really great time but I hope he gets well very soon. Seeing or hearing him like that makes me so sad.  :(

Now I cannot wait for the gig in Zurich!  <3
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'madamimadam' date='Feb 9th 2015, 10:36 AM'

nannilinchen  ·  22h 22 hours ago
So @adamlambert was sick last night? I saw him for the very first time live and didn't notice anything...RESPECT for this performance #QAL

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'vistadiva' date='Feb 9th 2015, 11:06 AM'

Just awwwww.....

from Thilo Rahn
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'madamimadam' date='Feb 10th 2015, 8:30 AM'

VeroniqueORCEL  ·  2h 2 hours ago
Idek what this said
But Frankfurt constuction of the stage via stephan.szebrowski http://instagram.com/p/y6wGWcQ1Ot/?modal=true … and http://instagram.com/p/y5OOmqw1BA/?modal=true

scubadan21  ·  2h 2 hours ago
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152575869047793 … my slow motion video from Frankfurt

TALCvids  ·  58m 58 minutes ago
Those fleeting seconds prior to/as curtain rises revealing all RT @scubadan21: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152575869047793 … my slow motion video from Frankfurt

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'BHS9697' date='Feb 10th 2015, 10:53 AM'

Btw, the Frankfurt Festhalle is an absolutely gorgeous venue! I was thrilled to, for once, get to sit in a real concert hall with great acoustics and beautiful setting instead of a sports arena  :)
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'Idolook' date='Feb 10th 2015, 1:19 PM'

:yes: I have to agree, it is something different. But it also depends on the stage performance and technical equipment that is used. The first time I've been to this venue was at a Daughtry/Nickelback concert a few years ago. Our seats were at the highest balcony, really far away from the stage. Acoustics were really bad, the sound was too loud and there was only a small screen which allowed you to see the stage performance happen. My girl and I were both relieved when it was over, it was a real disappointment, which is why we hesitated at first to book gigs to this venue again. But it was SO MUCH BETTER! Acoustics were great (but there's still room for improvement, there always is, I guess), the view was incredible and the atmosphere so unbelievable. We both were glad that we gave this venue a second chance. Things can change and I'm glad they did.  :thumbs:
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'lokelani' date='Feb 12th 2015, 7:07 PM'

Why is there no complete vid of the STL monologue? It had a funny moment with Adam losing his "mic-boner" plus bonus Dr. Bri making a funny noise on his guitar. Nobody filmed that?  :thumbsdown:   :(   :unsure:
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'misswood' date='Feb 12th 2015, 7:40 PM'

No  :no: , they probably didn't.....nobody ever seems to catch his boner.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'madamimadam' date='Feb 12th 2015, 7:54 PM'

Kinda... a little bit in these two... No clear shot though... ;)
[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'madamimadam' date='Mar 7th 2015, 6:12 PM'

The OP has been updated!

:)

Return to “2015 QAL UK/Europe Tour”