2014-06-16 iHeart Radio Theater, LA - Special Tour Preview

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam' date='Jun 17th 2014, 8:17 PM

newbornidentity · 11m
Heather and I saw Queen at a tiny show in Burbank yesterday! Here’s a BuzzFeed post I did about it:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/13-thing...-played-madison
Silvia' date='Jun 17th 2014, 8:30 PM

Marie (and others), have you been following Queen fans today to see what they are saying?
Love2Lurk' date='Jun 17th 2014, 8:47 PM

I just quickly looked at Queenonline & QueenFB....

Both seemed to be mostly Glamberts going on about Love Kills.....in a good way...not OTT....

There were more Queen purists on FB...making snarky remarks....not as bad as usual though :rolleyes:

Most were complaining about ...the short set list....Paul could sing longer :rolleyes: :haha:
Silvia' date='Jun 17th 2014, 9:37 PM

Do they think the world concerts will be 45 min each? :haha:

I guess that's an improvement if that's what they are complaining about.

Love2Lurk' date='Jun 17th 2014, 10:09 PM

MTE :rolleyes: :haha:

Could be worse :haha:
vampfever' date='Jun 17th 2014, 8:51 PM

This was in a thread regarding Love Kills. (Not on a Queen board, but on a Queen section of a board) The comments are rated most agreed with to the lowest. So the first comment is the most popular.

[–]snakers
Wow, he killed it. Perhaps I was able to enjoy it a bit more than Lambert's other Queen "covers" as a result of the fact that I have no live frame of reference.

[–]geekstone
I really liked it, and it seems like a new Queen song albeit one written by Freddie. I think it helped that it is "obscure" so they can put their own spin on it without being instantly being compared to the original lineup.I am starting to wonder if a new Queen + Adam Lambert album might not be such a bad idea. It can't be worse than The Cosmos Rocks.

[–]jakdak
Interesting spin on that one.
Did Queen ever play this song with Freddie?

[–]blamebravery [+1] 6 points 19 hours ago (6|0)
No

[–]jakdak
Wonder why they pulled that particular track out of Freddie's solo catalog.
[–]blamebravery Could be that they are putting it in the new album.

[–]jakdak
I hope not- the new albums was supposed to be the last remnants of the old Freddie material.
This should just go on the Q+A live album.

[–]blamebravery
If they do make a live recording of this tour I hope it's the one I go to. But what they did with love kills was good. I was not disappointed,

Just went back looking for the original version of that- forgot that they guitared it up for the version they put on "Great Pretender" and the original was just on the 1984 single from the Metropolis soundtrack.

I like the new Lambert spin on it, but think I still prefer the extended version of Freddie's original.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Silvia' date='Jun 17th 2014, 9:45 PM

OK, so I got sick of people saying how obscure this song is because it's not and I actually remembered this song and that it wasn't a bad song at all.

Here's what the bible of all things (wikipedia :teehee: ) has to say
It was originally used in Giorgio Moroder's restoration and edit of the 1927 silent film Metropolis, as part of the movie's new soundtrack. The movie was nominated at the 1985 Razzie Awards for "Worst Original Score",[1] and the song itself was nominated for "Worst Original Song",[2] haha.gif even though the single reached #10 on the UK Singles Chart.
The song was also used for the closing credits of the movie Loaded Weapon 1.

So, while younger people might not know it, anyone who is a Queen fan should know it. :huh:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Jun 17th 2014, 10:04 PM

“Love Kills” June 16, 2014
“Love Kills” was written by Freddie Mercury And Giorgio Moroder in the mid 80s for the restoration of the 1927 silent film Metropolis. The song was not greeted with universal acclaim. ( And that’s putting it rather mildly) In fact it got a Razzie nomination for “Worst Original Song” in 1985. I think it has something to do with that funky (not in a good way) disco beat.
But on Monday the two original Queen band members, Brian May and Roger Taylor, together with the phenomenally talented Adam Lambert, kicked off their sold-out summer tour with a mini concert on IHeart Radio. They debuted this gorgeous re-interpretation of “Love Kills.” Surprise! It’s a good song. It’s got good bones. It has lyrical beauty and power, poignancy and a haunting melody.
http://t.co/XZeXV4k9Tg
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

ALB' date='Jun 17th 2014, 10:21 PM

Can someone please post the YouTube of the whole concert again? I started watching it, had to stop and now I can't find it. Pleeeeeeeeze? :flowers:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Silvia' date='Jun 17th 2014, 10:36 PM

For ALB

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk' date='Jun 17th 2014, 10:42 PM

Here is a good fan made....DSMN ......He is so happy during this :wub: :thumbs:

IslandGirl ‏@islandgirljams · 8m
DON'T STOP ME NOW - ADAM LAMBERT + QUEEN (LIVE @ IHEARTRADIO 6-16-14) fanvid close up !! http://youtu.be/V33DGjwoFVc

LAMBERTLUST ‏@LAMBERTLUST · 1m
http://instagram.com/p/pXcJrRNxF4/ pic.twitter.com/HBg9KY1gBB

I am saying.....Leopard print is an on going theme/hint.....future costume maybe !!! :w00t:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Jun 17th 2014, 10:42 PM

I see more leopard skin!! :w00twave:
Instagram
doll2dame2 hours ago
Sooooo freakin excited for our lover @adamlambert to rock this Queen tour!! LVE U!!! @scarlettcherry @leomoctezuma @ninjatwins photo credit @tommyjoescissorhands#zodiacfam #beautifulpeople
glambert3256 Adam's true friends. So beautiful. :hug:
http://instagram.com/p/pXcJrRNxF4/#
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk' date='Jun 17th 2014, 10:44 PM

OK...so we have....a top hat....&.....leopard print.....hints ???? :unsure: :rolleyes: :haha:
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life' date='Jun 17th 2014, 11:08 PM

Happy birthday, Silvia!!!!! :hug:

Silvia' date='Jun 17th 2014, 11:27 PM

Thanks bb :hug:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Adamcrazed' date='Jun 17th 2014, 11:35 PM
madamimadam @ Jun 17th 2014, 4:45 PM

blushing.gif blushing.gif crying.gif blushing.gif blushing.gif

mmadamimadamm 27s
OMG! I'm crying my eyes out! GO READ THIS!!!! http://www.clickmusic.com/features/arti ... r-instinct

For the first time in a long time, it feels like Queen really are back, regenerated into something distinct and exciting. And fans should be excited because Adam has helped Brian and Roger rediscover the spark that defined the band before Freddie's death. He's helped them become 'Killer Queen' all over again.

THIS is what we have been wanting for Adam!! I have to say something here about how significant Queen's (Brian & Roger's) very public praise and recognition of Adam - not to mention putting him front and center in the public eye by having him front Queen on a world tour - have done to elevate Adam in public and industry perception. Besides all the many delightful benefits to them in return, Brian and Roger have practically been on a crusade to make sure Adam got the recognition he deserved. I LOVE them for that!!! Now Adam can do what he does best and we can all enjoy the many "moments" that will ensue.

Love Kills gives me chills. Incredible! I think Queen + Adam may be showing up in some capacity at the Grammy's!! Just a hunch. Ladies & Gentlemen I think we can say that Adam has "arrived" and the tour has not even started.

Silvia' date='Jun 17th 2014, 11:43 PM

They are mythical musicians but I LOVE it that they seem like great human beings. It really feels great that you can adore an artist but also respect them as people. :wub:

Adamcrazed' date='Jun 18th 2014, 12:03 AM

AMEN to that !!! Respect must be present for the love to last.

barb4Adam' date='Jun 17th 2014, 11:53 PM

And.....
HCLU ‏@hcluless Check out Brian's reaction when Adam wail starting at 2:01. There should be a GIF. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL-El6wNdIg&sns=tw
ADAM LAMBERT + QUEEN - LOVE KILLS (LIVE @ IHEARTRADIO 6-16-14)Jimmy Jo
:thumbs: :wub:

'Moonlightchiara' date='Jun 17th 2014, 11:54 PM

I agree with everything you said!

Love2Lurk' date='Jun 17th 2014, 11:59 PM
Brian smiles several times at the vocals of Adam.....great song !!!

Would love for this to be released somehow :wub: :thumbs:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Jun 17th 2014, 11:40 PM

Lilybop ‏@lilybop2010 8m
More GOLD for @adamlambert http://lilybop.smugmug.com/Other-10/IHeart...D%20lilybop.png … pic.twitter.com/owruU5q872

]Image
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Jun 18th 2014, 12:18 AM

Yes!! Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, now Adam Lambert.
:yes: :thumbs: :w00twave:
Wild4Adam ‏@Wild4Adam 15h
There is truly just one great per generation - and this is Adam's.

musicagain333 ‏@musicagain333 12m
@Wild4Adam @PAGlambert Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, now Adam Lambert
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life' date='Jun 18th 2014, 12:25 AM

There was something that Brian said today in an interview, when talking about Freddie singing "Love Kills". I forget the exact quote, but something that he said, for some reason, made me think that Adam will sing the song WITH Freddie, likely like Brian did in Europe in 2012, with "Love Of My Life".
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Sagitarius' date='Jun 18th 2014, 12:46 AM
Adamcrazed @ Jun 17th 2014, 10:35 PM

For the first time in a long time, it feels like Queen really are back, regenerated into something distinct and exciting. And fans should be excited because Adam has helped Brian and Roger rediscover the spark that defined the band before Freddie's death. He's helped them become 'Killer Queen' all over again.

THIS is what we have been wanting for Adam!! I have to say something here about how significant Queen's (Brian & Roger's) very public praise and recognition of Adam - not to mention putting him front and center in the public eye by having him front Queen on a world tour - have done to elevate Adam in public and industry perception. Besides all the many delightful benefits to them in return, Brian and Roger have practically been on a crusade to make sure Adam got the recognition he deserved. I LOVE them for that!!! Now Adam can do what he does best and we can all enjoy the many "moments" that will ensue.

Love Kills gives me chills. Incredible! I think Queen + Adam may be showing up in some capacity at the Grammy's!! Just a hunch. Ladies & Gentlemen I think we can say that Adam has "arrived" and the tour has not even started.

Brilliant !!!

The RESPECT and LOVE is visible for all of them, including Rufus,Neil and Spike...

When I first listened to Love Kills last night it reminded me of Phantom of the Opera, and in my minds' eye , at the end, a rousing standing Broadway ovation!! :flowers:

Happy B'day Sylvia...what an QAL present :adamhappy:

marlock276' date='Jun 18th 2014, 9:30 AM

THIS! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

loxie' date='Jun 18th 2014, 12:47 AM
sealuv @ Jun 17th 2014, 6:43 PM

Love Kills was a definitive shift in the evolution of Queen

Marie…you are our foundation here and just want to thank you again…and again …and again……..

this phrase is so freakin' special……it makes me verklempt, too……..i haven't had a chance to post after the concert (had to dash and run due to good old RL)…….but, like many of you, thought adam held back due to vocal concerns for Thursday….actually a no brainer…but the taste of iHeart has my salivatory glands in overdrive….LK was amazing….. was everything that adam has in his vocal arsenal ..high to lows and brilliant emotion……so loved the Grammy and this Click review……….do think that QAL is a pivotal career changer for him………maybe not regarding radio (but who knows?) but as an artist who stays true to himself and takes on one of the most charismatic frontman of all time with kudos from the media along with the tumbling purists who say " ok …i'm ready to eat humble pie"………this is really what it is all about…….RESPECT for an artist…. not $$$$ ….but guess what? …he will have it all……..and all of us here have known this since he was first into'd via AI….

so love this epic novel…but what i really heart.gif ……... it is not fiction!……adam you are a " vigueur pour tous les temps"….a "force for all time" (marie... hope i'm right grin.gif )…... thumbsup.gif wub.gif
Kudos to Marie and everyone for sharing all these goodies! :flowers: :flowers:

What a journey Adam has taken us on! Thank you for putting into words what we are all feeling, sealuv -
he is definitely fulfilling all our dreams for him, right now, with us along side for this wild, unbelievable ride with no limits.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

ohiogal' date='Jun 18th 2014, 8:39 AM

Adam has a great voice, but to be a legend like Sinatra, Elvis, and Jackson, he needs hit songs and a lot of them. On his own, not with an already-famous band.

I'm happy QAL is doing well, but after this tour I'm hoping that Adam gets his album finished and out. He needs to get that done.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Jun 18th 2014, 9:40 AM

QUEEN + ADAM LAMBERT: Watching their iHeartRadio Theater performance
... and this solidifies it... they're hell-bent on global domination!
Posted Tuesday, June 17th 2014 @ 10pm

It's a rare thing for a band to find the kind of success which has found its way into the path of QUEEN.

It's even more rare for a musical talent to come along and pair with the iconic, not to replace an icon, but to force an iconic institution to evolve.

That's what Adam Lambert brought to Queen. A catalyst... creating something completely new, yet completely familiar...

... yet unlike anything the world has seen.

A bit of that magic was on display at the iHEARTradio Theater last night. Now, Queen + Adam fans alike are watching the resulting pairing like kids looking at a Christmas tree for the first time... full of wonder...

... which means this tour this summer will be magical.
http://www.hot995.com/onair/toby-knapp-418...radio-12473322/ via @hot995
Love2Lurk' date='Jun 18th 2014, 12:04 PM

That's what Adam Lambert brought to Queen. A catalyst... creating something completely new, yet completely familiar...

... yet unlike anything the world has seen.

Love love love^^^^^^^^^^^^this :wub: :wub:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Jun 18th 2014, 10:51 AM

:wub: :whut: :D~ :dead:
http://imgur.com/BBR2Xuc via @imgur
nkrbell80' date='Jun 18th 2014, 12:26 PM

Let me lick you up and down til you say stop
Let me play with you body baby make u real hott
Let me do all the things you want me to do
Cuz tonight baby I want to get freaky with you
:devil:

Sorry I can't help myself! Adios
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk' date='Jun 18th 2014, 12:11 PM

anon · 15m
Official videos Queen + Adam Lambert brought down the house at the iHeartRadio Theater Los Angeles http://news.iheart.com/articles/iheartradi...n-the-12470583/ … via @iHeartRadio
mmyy9 ‏@mmyy9 · 16m
[OFFICIAL VIDEOS] Queen + Adam Lambert brought down the house at the iHeartRadio Theater Los Angeles http://news.iheart.com/articles/iheartradi...n-the-12470583/ … via @iHeartRadio
Nasus ‏@MadaSkcor · 4m
Queen + Adam Lambert official videos of the iHeartRadio Theater Los Angeles http://news.iheart.com/articles/iheartradi...n-the-12470583/ … via @iHeartRadio Give these ones views

:thumbs:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk' date='Jun 18th 2014, 12:31 PM

The GRAMMYs ‏@TheGRAMMYs · 3m
Vote in this week's What's Trending #poll on http://GRAMMY.com >> http://grm.my/1yjeWKM pic.twitter.com/ekeafu7dMB
https://twitter.com/TheGRAMMYs/status/47929...0182657/photo/1
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk' date='Jun 18th 2014, 12:44 PM

There is a pic on the iHeart page of....Adam...Brian....Roger...and...Nikki.....

B & R & N....are all looking at Adam :wub: Really cute pic !!! :thumbs:

http://news.iheart.com/articles/iheartradi...n-the-12470583/
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

bebeg' date='Jun 18th 2014, 12:59 PM

updated with more great pictures, including that sexy one Barb posted above...

http://daisy-roots.livejournal.com/164817.html

Love happy Adam!!

Love2Lurk' date='Jun 18th 2014, 7:36 PM

me2 :flowers:

He has the best smile :D

Return to “2014 QAL North America/Asia/Australia/New Zealand Tour”