2014-07-17 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'madamimadam' date='Jul 19th 2014, 9:08 AM'

cody_lancaster · 19h
So @adamlambert killed last night. Thanks for inviting us, buddy! @QueenWillRock picked the right man for the job, that's fo' damn sho.

cody_lancaster · 18h
So great seeing @EthanPopp @meganhilty #brandonlpearson at MSG last night. #FriendsSupportingFriends

anon · 2h
<3 :) RT @brookesauce75: @adamlambert w/Queen! A must see!

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'madamimadam' date='Jul 19th 2014, 10:27 AM'

To the pic elves, ANON has brought in loads of them (AMAZING ONES)... soooo.... before we get into tonight's show... now would be a good time.... OK, I'll shut up now! ;)

andrewortwein · 34m
The legendary Brian May with Adam Lambert, who did a great job as lead singer for Queen http://ift.tt/1mqMMnM

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'barb4Adam' date='Jul 19th 2014, 10:41 AM' post='26442661']

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :thumbs: <3 :hug: :wub: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:
https://twitter.com/LambertizeMe/status/490...2432385/photo/1
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'madamimadam' date='Jul 19th 2014, 10:42 AM'

VAlilac 1m
Download: Queenzone Forums - Queen + Adam Lambert 2014-07-17 Madison Square Garden New York, NY FLAC http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1390396/qu...rk-ny-flac.aspx

ComunitaQueenIT 44m
Audio download: Queen+ AdamLambert 17/7/2014 MadisonSquareGarden NewYork, FLAC http://ow.ly/zlpZT #QueenZone

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'vistadiva' date='Jul 19th 2014, 10:55 AM'

PIC SPAM!!

A little more spam???

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'vistadiva' date='Jul 19th 2014, 11:02 AM'

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'madamimadam' date='Jul 19th 2014, 11:04 AM'

JeremyNewman Jul 17
#QueenMSG That show was the 1st in a LONG time that was WORTH. EVERY. PENNY. If they are anywhere near you gosee @DrBrianMay & @adamlambert

JeremyNewman Jul 17
It's so ubiquitous I didnt think I'd care about hearing 'We Will Rock You'. I was WRONG. Was like hearing Beethoven play his 5th. #QueenMSG

JeremyNewman Jul 18
I was, I was, ROCKED. Thank you for a glorious rock show @DrBrianMay @adamlambert #QueenMSG
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'vistadiva' date='Jul 19th 2014, 11:21 AM'

and a few gifs????

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'vistadiva' date='Jul 19th 2014, 11:29 AM'

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'vistadiva' date='Jul 19th 2014, 11:36 AM'

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'sherrie' date='Jul 19th 2014, 11:42 AM'

Gorgeous pics and everyone is so happy. :flowers:
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'barb4Adam' date='Jul 19th 2014, 11:45 AM'

Queen + Adam Lambert in NYC :thumbs: :w00twave:
newbeatsmagazineonJuly 18, 2014/0
Queen + Adam Lambert
Madison Square Garden
July 17, 2014

Twenty-five years ago, the idea of Queen ever performing a rock concert at Madison Square Garden again, let alone America, would have seemed out of the question. During most of the ‘80s and early ‘90s, the British band’s popularity in the States was at an all-time low — although Queen conquered the rest of the world with its hit albums and sell-out shows. It was almost as if Queen — who was once the most popular band in the world during the banner year of 1980 with “Another One Bites the Dust” and “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” – became an afterthought in the States. Was it because of the cool reception to the 1982 dance-oriented Hot Space album, or the “I Want to Break Free” video in which the members were dressed up as women? Who knows. The clear fact was Queen didn’t have a Top 10 hit song or album on the American charts for the rest of the ‘80s.

But a lot has changed in the last 25 years. Factors such as the death of the band’s irreplaceable and magnetic front man Freddie Mercury, “Bohemian Rhapsody”’s resurgence thanks to the Wayne’s World film, and the placement of Queen’s popular hits in TV ads and movies made America reconsider how important and influential this band was for bringing a sense of pomp, majesty, camp and spectacle to rock and roll.

So it was amazing to witness a huge sea of American Queen fans of different age groups this past Thursday night filling up the seats at Madison Square Garden where the band performed for the first time in probably over 30 years. Certainly it’s not the same Queen of yesteryear – this incarnation features guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor along with American pop singer Adam Lambert taking over for Mercury, along with backing players, bassist Neil Fairclough, keyboardist Spike Edney and drummer/percussionist Rufus Taylor (Roger’s son). The odds seemed relatively stacked against Queen 2014 compared to the legendary lineup of Mercury, May, Taylor and bassist John Deacon. So it begs the question: Could they actually pull it off?

The answer is yes. For over two hours, this configuration rocked out the old hits with the same fervor and passion that marked Queen’s legendary live performances from the ‘70s and ‘80s. Throughout the course of the evening, you forgot the cynical notion of, ‘Oh, this is not the same without Mercury.’ Instead, you saw a very unified group that you can accept at face value and yet still feel the spirit of the original band.

With the exception of the self-titled 1973 debut album, Made in Heaven and The Cosmos Rocks, the set list drew at least one song from each of Queen’s records from the last 40 years, starting off with a blistering rocking version of “Now I’m Here.” It was great to hear a few older numbers that probably hadn’t been performed live in a long while, such as “Fat Bottomed Girls,” “In the Lap of the Gods, “’39″ and “Stone Cold Crazy — along with other tracks like “The Show Must Go On” and “I Want It All” that were never performed when Mercury was near the end of his life. The poignant moments occurred when May did “Love of My Life” and “’39” on lead vocals, numbers they was usually reserved for Mercury to sing live; Taylor, meanwhile, took up the mike himself to sing the touching “These Are the Days of Our Lives.”

As far as a major song highlight from the set, it had to be the performance of “Love Kills,” a song that Mercury first recorded for the 1984 Metropolis soundtrack; the original version was an electronic-oriented disco song; Queen and Lambert’s rendition was a more straight-ahead power ballad version.

To his credit, Lambert was born to sing Queen’s songs.The great Paul Rodgers did it previously in the mid 2000s when Queen revived being a performing band, but in retrospect, Lambert seemed to be a much better fit. Not only did he possess a more flexible vocal range than Rodgers, but Lambert had the flamboyance and charm that recalled the best aspects of Mercury on stage – as the young singer did during his performances of “Killer Queen” and “Somebody to Love.” I was never a fan of American Idol since the beginning, but I have to say Lambert impressed me.

Another takeaway from the concert was to witness the instrumental playing of May and Taylor once again live, especially here in the Big Apple – boy were they sorely missed for the rest of the ’80s. As usual, May delivered the goods on his Red Special guitar, especially during his epic solo showcase that incorporated elements of “Last Horizon” and “Brighton Rock.” The solos he performed throughout the show were absolutely lightning quick and dazzling. And Taylor still had the drum chops – he even engaged in a drum duet with son Rufus, who proved himself to be on a par with his old man. In fact, it was a shock to see the elder Taylor not performing the lead drums on the thunderous rocker “Tie Your Mother Down,” but Rufus did a capable job in his place.

The last three songs of the show — “Bohemian Rhapsody,” which featured Lambert duetting with Mercury (who appeared on the video screen), and the performances of “We Will Rock You” and “We Are the Champion” — provided the penultimate and satisfying final moments of the show—-with confetti raining down on the crowd. As the band took their bows to the sounds of “God Save the Queen,” you can kind of come away feeling uplifted because the proceedings were so lively and energetic. The original band lineup will never appear on stage again, but this version of Queen with Adam Lambert somehow proved the next best thing and more.
http://newbeats.com/2014/07/18/queen-adam-lambert-in-nyc/
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'svca' date='Jul 19th 2014, 11:50 AM'

That boy needs to eat some burger or sumthin.....he needs more butt!
I may or may not have looked :">
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'vistadiva' date='Jul 19th 2014, 11:53 AM'

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'vistadiva' date='Jul 19th 2014, 12:01 PM'

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'vistadiva' date='Jul 19th 2014, 12:08 PM'

just a few more....

this is interesting....

That's it...on to CT. !!!
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'infinite' date='Jul 19th 2014, 12:10 PM'

I envy the people who could go to this show.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'vistadiva' date='Jul 19th 2014, 12:14 PM'

From Brian's comments, it looks like there will some some European dates. I hope so...and I hope you'll be able to go. Then I will be green with envy!
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'Moonlightchiara' date='Jul 19th 2014, 12:55 PM'

Ok, I'm back and (hopefully) ready to give a somewhat coherent recap. (Uh oh, looking like a really long recap.)

So a bunch of minor annoyances had me in blah mood when I got on the train into the city, even tho I was obviously looking forward the the concert. I headed in with 2 cousins, and was meeting up with a friend in the city. We left Penn Station and walked around the Garden to get to our meeting place. It was really fun to see the big Queen & Adam Lambert signs. We walked around the back of the Garden and there were the trucks. Now, seeing all the trucks in the pictures people have posted was really cool, but it's a whole other thing to see them in person. There went my blah mood! I don't exactly know how to describe it, but seeing all those trucks was WOW!! I never expected to have that reaction. Several trucks were parked on the street, others were lined up in what seemed to be an underground garage driveway. We passed a group of 4 women having their picture taken with one of the trucks in the background. A few had on leopard print tops (as did I), so as I passed them, I said, "Hi, Glamberts!" I wondered if it any of them were people I would have known from here.

There were also a group of people waiting around some barricades set up in front of the driveway part, with a few guards there. We figured they were waiting to see if Adam showed up. My cousins teased me about staying there, saying they'd bring me back food, etc. if I really thought he'd show up, I might have stayed, but it was about 5:15 so I figured he might already be inside, plus we had to meet up with my friend. Hopefully I didn't miss my opportunity to see him, but I haven't seen any photos of him going in so I figure I didn't mess up!

We went across the street to the Stage Door Deli to eat. Perfect location, good food, great table. My friend's daughter and her husband, also going to the concert, joined us. I hit the ladies room before I left and heard, "Are you going to the concert? What time does it start?" and another woman said, "7:30." I laughed and said, "Well, it's supposed to start at 7:30, but you know our Adam. He's always late!" And we all laughed and wished each other a good time.

I insisted we go back to the Garden the way we came so I could see the trucks again. My friends and cousins insisted they take a picture of me in front of one of the trucks. (Can you tell I'm the only die hard Adam fan in the group?). I felt silly but what the heck....it was a once in a lifetime photo op! Lol

Nice surprise - no real line getting into the Garden. Heavy security, had to take (really small) handbag off shoulder, open up, guard checked inside with flashlight. Then had to go up to next guard and be scanned front and back with scanner. All guards super nice, though. Told us to have a great time.

We were up in the boondocks, section 211, off to side of the stage. Rode up 5/6? Floors on escalator, which was right next to windows, so we could look down on all,the Queen and Adam trucks. Still gave me a thrill!
When we got inside, my friend had a panic attack about the height, but we managed to get her in her seat and it was ok. Spoke to a couple behind us. The guy was a big queen fan, asked about opening act, was surprised and happy to hear there was none and no intermission, was very impressed with the length of the set list. Long wait to begin - 45 minutes! Crowd erupting in cheers, claps, etc every time they saw curtain move ("I saw feet!") or tested the smoke machines, etc. As someone else mentioned, there were quite a few empty seats, including a large floor section, which was weird because it was sold out. However, as soon as the lights went down, they filled in. Family and friends? Bigwigs?

Then the lights went down, the smoke gathered, the curtain came up to a roar from the fans and the show began. I have to say a lot of it was a blur. It was just so intense and I was focused on the moment. I remember bits and pieces. Not being a big Queen fan, I did not know the first 2 songs so even tho they were good, I didn't feel an instant connection. I remember I was concerned about the sound originally as it seemed like the instruments drowned out Adam a bit. (I was on the side) I didn't really notice that much after, though.

Things I do remember:
- I can't even remember which song it was in the beginning, but Adam sang this one note soooooooooo long, even falling down to his knees as he reached the end! Incredible!

- one of my favorite parts was during Killer Queen. First, as he took his long sip from the bottle, Brian gave him this affectionate sort of rolling his eyes look and walked away. Right after Adam "spouted" the champagne, he called out, "Hi, Mom!!" In the cutest voice, along with a little wave. It was kind of a combination " oops, mischievous boy caught doing something he wasn't supposed to, hi, Mom, aren't I cute? You didn't really see that or if you did, you won't get mad at me, please?" And "Hi, Mom! Can you believe I'm here on stage at MSG singing with Queen??!" So adorable!

- He started a call out during AOBTD and ended up running from one side staircase to the other, I mean, really running, pitting one side of the arena against the other in the loudness of their response. Then when we got good enough at that, he gave us a longer, more complicated call back. There was dead silence for a minute, then we all cracked up, including Adam, who said he would start again and build up to that.

- Loved loved loved WWTLF, Love Kills

- Brian and Roger showed tons of talent and energy. While I understand why some people said Brian's solo was too long, if you could just let go and relax into it, it was spectacular. LOML was so sweet, and the audience sang and many cried along with Brian. Much of the time, tho, he was ripping that guitar and power walking across the stage and up and down the side stairs. I can't believe this man had a cancer scare around the new year and has knee/ leg troubles. You'd never know it.

- Roger's duel with his son was fun. (Side note, when Rufus's pic showed up on screen, one of,the guys sitting
in front of me said,"Ooooh, nice." Lol). On TATTOOL, his voice might not have been the strongest, but I think it added to the poignancy of the song. And Under Pressure was fantastic!

- The mutual love and respect Brian, Roger, and Adam have for each other is just so evident in how,they work together, in their words, looks, and actions. They so obviously enjoy working with each other and it is just as obvious that they are having so much fun! There is just so much pure joy evident in this concert. I love how they fool around with each other, making funny faces, pounding on the piano, silly dance moves.....

- the power of Adam's voice is unbelievable. I can not imagine how he can go full throttle like that for over 2 hours (yes, I know he has some breaks, but still...) and then go on to do it again in a night or two and keep doing it. He is amazing.

There are still so many things I could say, but this is already way too long. I just want to end with both my friend's and my cousin's husbands told me that they heard from their wives how the concert was great and that I might have converted them. And that beautiful picture of Adam's mother holding her hands together in front of her and staring with a face full of love and pride? Well, I feel exactly like that!

Oops, one more thing! Another guy I know who is a huge Queen fan told me, "They were great, and your boy Adam was better than I expected." Ah, my boy Adam. :D

Ok, now I really better stop!
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'vistadiva' date='Jul 19th 2014, 12:56 PM'

@Alikat1323 has put up some of her pix:

She does post everything to her smugmug account...follow her on Twitter, she'll link when album is ready.

Return to “2014 QAL North America/Asia/Australia/New Zealand Tour”