mayflower' date='Oct 12th 2010, 12:55 PM

WOW, love this shirt! Great gift! :flowers:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2010-10-12 Hong Kong, China (Star Hall)

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Oct 12th 2010, 1:23 PM

@AdamLambertHK2 yes!! :) :) @AdamLambert was hugging @kitmeow and i stood there in elation hahhaa 1:45 PM Oct 12th via web in reply to AdamLambertHK2

laihiu pic of @AdamLambert hugging @kitmeow & me on the right :) :) :) http://bit.ly/cZYltU 21 minutes ago via web

AdamLambertHK2 @huikings Actually my mind kinda went offline? But it was great hugging him and be surrounded by his wonderful, heavenly smell :D 9 minutes ago via web in reply to huikings

AdamLambertHK2 Yes @AdamLambert smells like HEAVEN. I can totally confirm now. I told him he smelled so good, he smiled a big beautiful smile & said TY <3 19 minutes ago via web
madamimadam' date='Oct 12th 2010, 1:48 PM

@Hatshepsutely: Dang Dang in tang.

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Oct 12th 2010, 1:54 PM

teresaglitz omg adam was so cute in tht tang suit. :D 19 minutes ago via web
madamimadam' date='Oct 12th 2010, 2:00 PM

AdamLambertHK: press con pic: Adam said he had considered about having an own Clothing line, including man & woman http://bit.ly/brirbN

heartNNsoul They let the first 50 people in regular line enter; then let about 20 M&Gers in. Neil was apparently super helpful & nice. ; )
about 3 hours ago via web

heartNNsoul Venue would not let M&G peeps in first, but Neil tried very hard to negotiate with them to get them in (via Glamarriage1)

heartNNsoul HK M&G ppl said Adam had a cold (too many places have super cold air conditioning she said).

WARNWILLIS Great show Hong Kong!!! Most amount of music in one show to date..
about 2 hours ago via Twitterrific

SashaMallory Hong Kong was the Bomb
about 2 hours ago via web

IsaacTheCarp Great crowd in Hong Kong. Thank you!!!

@pollyness: only song added from previous Manila setlist was TCB encore, but it was obvious they were trying to stretch show time at GNT

borneobaby @adamlambert Man you can dance! Ok, it's all about the music... But those hips? Never stop!!
about 1 hour ago via web

mindchnger LMFAO "clitoral guitar licks"
about 1 hour ago via web

mindchnger :P http://i52.tinypic.com/2naicrn.jpg
about 1 hour ago via web

borneobaby Looking forward to my 2nd and last GNT in KL on Thurs. This time a prime seat. Contrast to GA. My feet will be happy!
about 1 hour ago via web

borneobaby My advice re GA tix is DON'T unless you are above average height. I couldn't see if Adam had bare feet!
about 1 hour ago via web

borneobaby @adamlambert Thx for signing my iPod. Permanent reminder of tonight on my most precious possession. xx
about 1 hour ago via web

borneobaby Lots of ppl had to leave their cameras outside the venue tonight but still every second person was filming! Silly rule.
about 1 hour ago via web

borneobaby Look out for YT of @adamlambert and Brooke's dance at HK show. Sexy and cute, both.
34 minutes ago via web :icecream:

ledena Pretty! *_* http://bit.ly/bted5E
31 minutes ago via TweetDeck

ledena I approve of sex toys on stage! RT @Pyrae: stop throwing underwear on stage and give the boy a flogger. Time to up the ante with Tommy.
32 minutes ago via TweetDeck

ledena LMAO RT @terra_zephead: Screen cap of no.1 result when you google "American Music Awards" http://yfrog.com/m9kl3p
33 minutes ago via TweetDeck :roll:

AdamLambertFans Peek behind the scenes of the VIP Experience: http://ht.ly/2SmCX
5 minutes ago via HootSuite

borneobaby No new songs in HK, but some new riffs in BO. Lots of marvellous high notes in all songs too.
10 minutes ago via web
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam' date='Oct 12th 2010, 2:07 PM

ryanne lai
adam trying on the Tang coat
Tiki'srose' date='Oct 12th 2010, 2:20 PM

This is in releation to the Chinese tweet on his concert in Malaysia. I just hope everyone will be safe there.

ADAM LAMBERT TOUR:MALAYSIAN GLAM NATION PERFORMANCE WILL NOT INCLUDE MALE-ON-MALE KISSING

ArticleComments (1)Share.Adam Lambert tour: Malaysian Glam Nation performance will not include male-on-male kissing
By Soraya Roberts
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 9:29 AM

Adam Lambert won't be kissing any guys on stage in Malaysia.

The ostentatious glam rocker, who performs in Kuala Lumpur on Thursday, said that he made the "tough decision" to obey the local government’s ban on stripping, jumping and kissing on-stage.

"It's something I'm doing out of respect," he said of his plans to respect the guidelines set by the Ministry of Culture, Arts, and Heritage.

"It's just one little thing. Man kissing another man is something that government really doesn't appreciate."

The 28-year-old "American Idol" runner-up is currently touring Asia and will make "minor adjustments" to his Glam Nation tour this week.

"[My] main goal is to keep people entertained - not to make them uncomfortable," Lambert said.

The "For Your Entertainment" singer is known for his hyper-sexualized performances, having caused a stir last year -- which resulted in canceled bookings -- when he made out with one of his male dancers on stage at the American Music Awards.

Earlier this week the Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party -- Malaysia’s second-largest political party -- objected to Lambert’s plans to perform in the country, claiming his shows are "not good for people in our country" as they advocate homosexuality.

In Malaysia, homosexual activity is illegal and can result in 20 years in prison, though the country reportedly rarely prosecutes.

Lambert lashed out at the party on Twitter Monday.

"[My show] promotes living ANY lifestyle that includes the freedom to seek love and intimacy," he tweeted. "Gay, straight, bi, young or old. It's all inclusive."

Lambert is not the only singer who has had to tone down his show for Malaysia. Rihanna, Gwen Stefani and Fergie have all been forced to adjust their skimpy clothing for tour stops in the country.

Beyonce cancelled her Malaysia concert in October of last year after the Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party said it would promote "Western sexy performances." She had previously called off a show in 2007 reportedly over the country’s dress code.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

danilo85' date='Oct 12th 2010, 2:34 PM

quixotixrock
For Your Entertainment

csethe1
IIHY ending
madamimadam' date='Oct 12th 2010, 3:16 PM

Amazing pics if someone wants to bring them in WITHOUT stretching the page! Please!

ledena Pretty pics from today: http://bit.ly/9NL2Un
3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

ledena #teampomphair http://flic.kr/p/8JvEyD UNFFFF
1 minute ago via TweetDeck

ledena What is that on Tommy's face here? Any symbolics? http://flic.kr/p/8JykTf On a more shallow note, UNF legs.
4 minutes ago via TweetDeck
Applethief' date='Oct 12th 2010, 3:25 PM

post a short recap before i tried 2 fall asleep

it is the first glam nation tour and the first time 2 meet adam (i bought vip package) after waiting for him for over a year! no words can describe how excited i was!

Adam is so awesome! very genuine, sweet! and looks 10000000 times more handsome in person even though he is already super hot in videos and pictures! can't help 2 stare at his beautiful eyes when i talk 2 him!
he was very happy when i told him he was very handsome :D (even happier than when i told him i was crazy in love with a track he worte :haha: ) and then he gave me a very sincere hug and took a picure! it feels so comfortable to hug him! wish i could hug him every day :wub: ! TAT and he also signed my cd covers!

i was really calm when i talked 2 him, the second i walked out of the door, i felt what happened just now was so unreal :'( ..you know for the past 12 months, i can only watch him from the other side of the world.. then something just hit me. I couldn't stop the tears running out of my eyes.

it felt so stupid. and i have 2 wipe my tears so it wouldn't destroy my eye make up (adam said he loves the bindi on my forehead! ^^) fortunately i wasn't the only one acted like this XD

and tonight the audience was on fire! <3 been to concerts in hk several times, tonight is the craziest one!

we screamed and sang our head off, almost couldn't hear adam sometimes (also coz i was in the first row)
and we were very very quiet in the slow songs.

adam looked so tall and sexy on stage! and the show is so awesome! there are something the tour videos can never translate! :) he is such a great dancer ^^ and his voice was so beautiful!!!

so many bras threw on stage XD including one traditional chinese style. adam looked so confused and laughed at the same time when he saw the chinese style bra :haha:

he was very happy at the concert, he said "wow hong kong, u are such a good crowd" :D i was so happy when i heard that, it means it is very possible we will see him very soon!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

danilo85' date='Oct 12th 2010, 3:54 PM

laihiu
Broken Open with a twist at the end!!!! - Adam Lambert @ GNT Hong Kong

MissGeLAng
Sleepwalker

issa129
Fever

issa129
Down the Rabbit Hole
joooory' date='Oct 12th 2010, 5:14 PM

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

brocolli33' date='Oct 12th 2010, 5:19 PM

Guys, go back and check out this fan's photostream. I don't know her so I don't have permission to bring the photos over but seriously W-O-W (!) (!) (!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laihiu/507575...tream/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laihiu/507607...tream/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laihiu/507607...tream/lightbox/
joooory' date='Oct 12th 2010, 5:42 PM

@kitmeow
Adam Lambert GNT Press Conference in Hong Kong
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Oct 12th 2010, 6:17 PM

AdamLambertHK2 @AdamLambert & Brooke so funny during IIHY at Glam Nation Hong Kong. @laihiu 5 minutes ago via bitly

Adam Lambert HK AdamLambertHK2 I love how 5 minutes into the conversations total strangers tell me they know I'm in love with Adam. 9 minutes ago via web

AdamLambertHK2 I love how @kitmeow and @laihiu are still up at 6am in the morning uploading media for glamberts all over the world. This is LOVE. 24 minutes ago via web

barb4Adam' date='Oct 12th 2010, 6:39 PM

AdamLambertHK2 What the f**k ever with the title but this is Apple Daily's take on @AdamLambert's press conference in HK (Chinese) http://bit.ly/avFmhE 30 minutes ago via bitly

English translation..
"Attends the talent and skill program "a Night To become famous" (American Idol) jumps for global favorite's American monster male singer Adam L Adam Lambert comes the port to meet the singer fan, does not stop has fans to hug him not to be willing to drop :haha: ".
Vivaldi' date='Oct 12th 2010, 7:49 PM

Translation:

"American singer Adam Lambert - who has become a global star after participating in talent show "overnight success" (American Idol)...

Adam Lambert met his fans in Hong Kong. His fans were hugging him continuously and were unwilling to let go."

:)
barb4Adam' date='Oct 12th 2010, 7:42 PM

A Kongbert’s message to positive Neil
Dear Neil,

It was really wonderful meeting you today, I was the girl with short hair and NOH8 on my face, 1st one in at the M&G and you said I was fast? LOL (dangit I should have stared at Adam longer since I didn’t ask him to sign anything.)

Me on the left, then @teresaglitz, @kitmeow, @Tujuh_Lima and @laihiu :
Adam Lambert Kongbert Glambert Hong Kong Glam Nation concert

I just wanna thank you for everything that you’ve done for us, I understand that priority entry is NOT guaranteed, I was just surprised that the Japanese VIPs got it and we didn’t. But after you explained it to us I understood, and I’m sorry if the venues or promoters gave you a hard time. Many many thanks to you, although we did not get priority entry, we didn’t have to go to the end of the queue either. A lot of us got to the 2nd row and I was really happy being at the 4th or 5th row. If it wasn’t for you, I probably would have been at the 15th or something. THANK YOU.

I agree with so many others who have actually met you, that you were NOT negative at all when you were talking to us. You were smart and funny and you looked really good. Your voice was really soothing and I spent all my waiting time staring at you :D And you were really kind to us even when things got a little crazy. Obviously I don’t know the “real” you but from what I saw today, you are an amazing, amazing person and super patient with us fans and I’m really happy that Adam has you to help him with all this M&G stuff (sorry I don’t know what else you do? But whatever they are I’m sure you’re super good at them). And thank you for taking our pictures!

I was too nervous to hug you at the M&G and I hope you wouldn’t mind giving me a hug the next time we meet? :)

Oh and also it was a really good idea that you told us what to expect before we actually saw Adam at the M&G. You really helped us to be mentally-prepared for what would happen next (of course that didn’t stop my brain from going offline though).

Thank you again, you and Adam make a great team, I think it would be wonderful if you continue to work together (if you want to, of course). Best wishes to you both and the rest of the Glamily as well, I cannot wait to see you guys again. I hope you enjoy your stay in Hong Kong and that you will come back soon.

Much love from Hong Kong,
Shirley <3
http://twitter.com/AdamLambertHK2
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

hoppy7' date='Oct 12th 2010, 9:03 PM

http://hansebert.wordpress.com/2010/10/12/1483/

GLAM, BAM, THANK YOU, MAN: ADAM LAMBERT IN HONG KONG
Labels, always the need for labels, but, maybe the Japanese are right: His album might have been eight tracks too long and a bit of a directionless mish mash, but, ‘live’ Adam Lambert is something- and someone else. He is much more than a YouTube link and far more than somebody performing ninety-second vocal bites on “American Idol”. This guy can really sing.

Is he better than, let’s say, a Freddie Mercury? You know what? Despite my huge admiration for Mercury and when he was with them, Queen, as a singer with the vocals chops, “blasphemous” as it might sound, I’d say, Yes. As a writer of songs, no. Not yet and perhaps never.

Someone asked why he doesn’t front Queen? What for? That’s like asking why someone doesn’t front INXS- and which JD Fortune did before fading into obscurity by being a prat. Both bands had great lead singers and anyone trying to take over will be seen as two-bit karaoke players. Plus, Adam Lambert has already shown the world how damn good he can sound with Queen
Adam Lambert is not a “Sony Pop talent.” He is far too cutting edge. More than anything else, he is far too Adam Lambert and which is a very good thing.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Oct 12th 2010, 10:50 PM

Hatshepsutely A must-read blog review:(in the past, this guy regularly downplayed Adam's success) - via @susiefierce about 13 hours ago via web Retweeted by ledena and 8 others
Just a few short excerpts from from this inciteful and intelligent article...

"Before Hong Kong, he was in LA and before that in Singapore and then Japan where fans have already dubbed him something like “The God Prince Of Vocals......

"Personally speaking, we need more of Adam Lambert- the more outrageous “version”- out here in
Hong Kong to just loosen up some tight-ass thinking from our bastions of misguided “morals”. But, as I was rightly corrected by many when mentioning this, the world needs more of Adam Lambert along with more understanding and a greater deal more tolerance: Gay is here to last and it’s not just another word for “Happy” so deal with it".

"If anyone has to ask me again what “the fuss is all about”, here’s my answer: Go see Adam Lambert in concert and until then, don’t criticize what you don’t understand.......

I was certainly not expecting such a well put-together and well-paced show. Not a show with such great dancers, a great backing band and an amazing Monte Pittman on guitar. Who needs Brian May or Eddie Van Halen or Slash?

Nor was I expecting to attend a show with such great variety. And certainly not a show where one saw so many straight women- married and single, “The Glambert.” As one who managed to stop dancing for a minute yelled out to me, “Who cares if he’s gay! He’s hot.......

My friends Fenn, Karen, my on-off-on-off switch of a girlfriend Kristine, Matt, they were all mesmerized by this 21st Century Boy. All found him incredibly “sexy.” Hey, so did I".
madamimadam' date='Oct 12th 2010, 11:43 PM

jieshrek66 Report of Adam Lambert in the newspaper (Sing Tao Daily星岛日报) delivered by my hotel today!!! PIctures from yes... http://plixi.com/p/50329755
about 1 hour ago via Plixi

SashaMallory Its a good day yall. the 33 trapped Chile miners are being rescued right now trapped since Aug 5th. mustve heard how amazing glamnation was
32 minutes ago via web

SashaMallory No but really its an amazing story... :') Thank gawd for hope <3 I wish I had the strength of those miners
26 minutes ago via web

bani_ "Girls’s CELEB (Japanese Magazine)" [url=htt
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

BlueIndigoSky' date='Oct 13th 2010, 1:01 AM

Crazy4Adommy: http://twitpic.com/2x3m8m

:)
libliblibby' date='Oct 13th 2010, 3:08 AM

libliblibby
Fever

Sleepwalker (end)

Whataya Want From Me

Soaked (end)

Aftermath

Music Again

If I Had You

20th Century Boy (partial)
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

danilo85' date='Oct 13th 2010, 7:41 AM

@kit0930hk

kitmeow 1/3
Adam Lambert #GlamNation Press Conference in Hong Kong 1/3

Adam Lambert #GlamNation Press Conference in Hong Kong 2/3

Adam Lambert #GlamNation Press Conference in Hong Kong 3/3
moonlighting' date='Oct 13th 2010, 9:43 AM

I like to add: Thank you to all the fans who attented the Hong Kong GNT concert for giving Adam so much love as apparent in the videos. I am so proud of you and I am in happy tears. I was born and raised in HK and now am living in Ontario, Canada. <3 :hug: :flowers:
libliblibby' date='Oct 13th 2010, 12:44 PM

I tried uploading IIHY for the nth time, but youtube says it matched third party content...

libliblibby1
IIHY
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

monsterdeto' date='Oct 13th 2010, 1:47 PM' post='23382463']

monsterdeto
For Your Entertainment

Sleepwalker

Whataya want for me

Soaked

Broken Open

Sure Fire Winners

Strut

Music Again

If I Had You

Mad World

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

danilo85' date='Oct 13th 2010, 2:32 PM

kitmeow
Aftermath

ryanne lai
Adam Lambert @ Hong Kong Press Conference

violetglitz
Fever

libliblibby1
If I Had You

violetglitz
20th Century Boy

Sure fire winners
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Oct 13th 2010, 4:06 PM

AdamLambertHK2 Added 1 more IIHY vid. Reliving the JUMP moment brings tears to my eyes... Glam Nation Hong Kong media post
http://t.co/nHinJu5 about 1 hour ago via Tweet Button

barb4Adam' date='Oct 13th 2010, 7:42 PM

@lambosessed. My selection of Glam Nation HK videos, full set http://bit.ly/9xu4tH about 10 hours ago via web
Tuesday, 12 October 2010
Glam Nation: Hong Kong
"I haven't had time to watch all of these yet, but here's my selection anyway. There's no kissing during Fever, Adam requests some male underwear instead of bras and there's a double encore of MW and TCB. Enjoy"!
barb4Adam' date='Oct 13th 2010, 8:47 PM'

natmurray Wow serious spike in blog traffic after my @adamlambert #Glamnation review!
Check it out here: http://nataliemurray.blogspot.com/ Thanks.5 minutes ago via web

Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Glamnation.
If you're a fan of American singer Adam Lambert, you'll know what the title of this blog post means.
For everyone else; no, I haven't fallen into a glitter rock time warp; in promise to a few of Adam's fans I'm writing a wee little blog about Adam Lambert's 'Glamnation' concert in Hong Kong. So if you're not an Adam fan, maybe best to see what those Chilean miners are up to and circle back in a day or so when I'm back to regular posting... or, you're welcome to stay and learn to love a new artist!

I interviewed Adam earlier this year in Australia, and we kind of bonded. Well I did anyway, he mostly smiled, listened and said things like "thank you... no really, thank you so much." You can read my gushy blog about our interview here.

Last night Mr Lambert arrived in Hong Kong on tour to sing some tunes and shake some of that famous booty. So, naturally, I had to go and check him out.

I will confess that I don't know all of Adam's songs... I know, what kind of fan am I? The answer is a perfectly normal, Natalie Murray-shaped one. I have an odd habit of loving artists and playing only 1 or 2 of their songs on some sort of death-loop until it's permanently scratched into my brain and those of others around me, whilst blatantly ignoring all their other tracks. I'm picky like that.

I discovered Adam Lambert when he was on 'American Idol'. So I was, of course, dying to hear him do some of his Idol covers... which is why I will get out my first negative comment quick and fast before a Glambert fan sniper-shoots me through my loungeroom window. He only sung two Idol songs... two! And they were my least favourite two, too. Try saying that ten times. Or after whisky.

But that's ok... I fully understand this is just me being boring, as Adam is an original artist now and has moved way beyond covers and all that Idol hoo-ha. But I guess Adam doing, "Black or White" and "If I Can't Have You" were a bit love-at-first-sight-ish for me. And you never quite get over your first love, do you.
But that's okay Adam, I forgive you and remember only the good times.

But now to the concert.

I'm not normally the one to 'blow the wind up' celebrities and overstate their talents... I mean, they get enough of that elsewhere, right? I've interviewed enough big names to refreshingly realise they are mostly just people with flaws and even weird bits. Anyone ever seen Leonardo's thumbs?? What's with that?
Ok back to the point.

But occasionally I will be 'caught' by a celebrity, where I feel myself shifting from cool-as-a-cucumber journalist to dribbling, red-faced, dorky fan. Past loves include Mick Hucknall from Simply Red (I could barely look him in the eye), Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan (she tried to set me up with her guitarist, bless her) and Dire Straits' David Knopfler (we're still friends on Facebook, yay). I tend to not, however, get swept away by the more 'mainstream' artists. But - somewhere along the way - Adam Lambert caught me. Cheeky bugger.

I first felt Adam win me over when I watched him steal the stage each and every week on American Idol (he was always too good for that show).

I felt it at our interview when he gazed at me with his tahitian blue eyes, listened hard to every word I said, thought deeply about his generous responses, and clutched my hands in his.

Oh boy.Where was I? Oh yeah.

And I felt it last night, listening to Adam sing his heart out in front of a very, very good crowd... seriously Hong Kong, you brought it and he rocked out because of it. Props to you. And you even threw bras on stage! How every rock n' roll... although haven't you heard? Adam's not really a bras kind of guy. But there's always hope.

I didn't really need to see Adam dance or gyrate, as nice as it was. I didn't even need to hear the background music, as jaw-droppingly talented as his musical director and guitarist Monte Pittman is. I just wanted Adam to sing. If it was up to me, he would have been up there alone; acapella; dry vocal. No reverb (that irritating, echoey effect that makes it sound like there's ten Adam Lamberts singing instead of just one).

But the thing I noticed is, in his slower tracks, if you close your eyes and just listen, suddenly it is just you and Adam in a room, and he's just singing. To you. I promise you he will surprise you all over again with every note, and you'll fall into a perfect little happy bubble. And just when your ears start to believe Adam Lambert, they'll start to get suspicious again... I mean, how does he hit those notes??

Singing aside though, it didn't surprise me that Adam the performer is a real gentleman. He's an
open-hearted stage traveller who speaks of love on stage in a way that doesn't sound cynical or even corny, it's a kindness and it's genuine. He honestly cares about
what the audience thinks and whether they are having fun. He's not bored, disillusioned, or over it yet. He's just getting started and he's still young and raw. This is the time to catch a singer like Adam live.

My favourite tunes of the night were 'For Your Entertainment', 'Soaked', 'Broken Open' and 'Music Again'. These are all stellar tracks... 'Whaddya Want From Me' however? I'm note sure if Adam really likes it all that much. He raced through it acoustically like there was a fire. He didn't try to sell it, so I was still not sold on a song I've always been a bit unsure about. Hey Glambert sniper, put down your weapon.

But I do like Adam Lambert. A lot. I think he's a ridiculously talented singer, with a gift from somewhere bigger than here. And, while that in itself is enough to buy my affections, he's also a man unafraid to share what and who he loves with the world.
And that is his gift to us.

Return to “2010 Glam Nation Tour”