2010-11-06 Finland: Helsinki, Cable Factory

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

ghosst' date='Nov 7th 2010, 4:00 AM

TommyJoeRatliff
Can't wait to come back to Helsinki! I'm gonna miss all of your cute little noses! HAHA ^v^
15 seconds ago
ghosst' date='Nov 7th 2010, 8:53 AM

gh0ssstt
DTRH

Fever

WWFM (partial)

Aftermath

Strut (partial)
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

ghosst' date='Nov 7th 2010, 10:35 AM

Jennaah1402
IIHY
ghosst' date='Nov 7th 2010, 12:02 PM

gh0ssstt
Queuing outside
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Hand' date='Nov 7th 2010, 4:44 PM

Recap time, I guess?

I arrived to the venue at 9 am (after walking to wrong direction from metro station at first, ugh) and joined two Twitter friends. I had met them one of them earlier in our get-together dinner, the other one also was there but she was on the other side of the table and didn't get to talk to her, so it was cool to finally meet her.

I was kinda frightened about queueing in '3 C/40 F with possible sea wind & rain' weather at first but luckily everyone went soooo well in the end. Sure it was freezing but not totally impossible to handle. There were about 40-50 people in front us with umbrellas and blankets, some of them still in their sleeping bags, lol. I think this was ~10 am.

At 11 am two of my friends (fellow Finnberts too, I met them when Adam was here last spring and we've stayed close with a few of the fans since) came to say hello and hanged with us for a while. Because our feet were freezing we went to McDonald's for lunch and toilet break. lol. It was All Saint's Day so every shop and grocery store was closed. Hot chocolate was so much needed.

The first 8 hours in queue line went smooth actually, we just hanged out with people, chatted, walked around to warm up our feet and arranged sing-a-longs here and there with the girls in front of us. Even the bridge in Pick U Up... it sounded awful tho. :haha: I was worried if I could meet any of the fans I've made friends with but actually I got to meet so many of them... and so many people complimented on my false eyelashes and feathers. yay. The highlight def was meeting SGlam! I was so happy she found me while I was talking to other fans. Hopefully I get to meet you later this month too! <3

But omg... the freakiest, the scariest, the most random and odd moment was when the pink limo drove by the queue line at 2.30 pm. Eight fans had rented a pink limo for a few hours, idk where else they drove, just cruising around the city. idk really, it was the weirdest thing I've ever witnessed. EVERYONE started scream, yell, wave their hands, just... FREAKED OUT. omg. They ran after the limo screaming because they obviously thought Adam was inside. My friend tried to say No, Adam is not there, is just the fans, no, he isn't there to teens but... then someone still freaking out asks 'how can you be sure!!!?" omg. My face was covered with facepalm. I couldn't believe that happened, it was totally different than fan behavior at the airport in May. :haha: After a few mins the limo comes back and I swear, there were 20 FANS RUNNING still after the limo.. oh my fcking god. Faaaaacepaaaalm again. The girls came out to say hello to me as they're my friends. And teens? Trying lurk through darkened windows or opened tailgate, just in case we were lying, I guess? idk. The look on the limo driver's face was priceless. He was so confuuuuuuused. :rofl:

The last queueing hour took forever... we had to stand in line instead of sitting or laying on the street and our feet were freezing. A lot of parents came to pick up their kids' camp equipment, sleeping bags and blankets etc. Some girls gave their coats too, wtf. An hour in that weather and they had no coats? :wacko: only because they wanted to avoid leaving anything in cloakroom. While we were waiting to get in the Sun went down and it became dark pretty quickly. This is 5.20 pm.

Then finally got in and ran through standing area in my heels and thankfully didn't even slip. Omg, my friend was waving from 2nd row left side and ran to her. omg. I never could have imagines ending up that close to stage without VIP.

OMG. Finally they were on stage and the screams were deafening. I don't know if there are vids of that yet but your ears will bleed. I have never heard that kind of screaming in any concert before. It was insane and happened again when Adam said "you're beautiful" before WWFM :haha:

If my calculations didn't fail there was six fainters... I could not believe it when I saw one taken away fro audience after another. I've been to big concerts before and heard of people fainting but never really seen it on my own eyes. The first two were pulled away to the side way before the show, even the opening act hadn't started yet! My friends tweeted of horrible pushing, I think they all were in right side where the fainters were too. I was so lucky no one pushed where I was. The early fainters were kind of on their feet but the next ones were carried by two security men, one holding legs and one holding arms.. it was scary and I think Tommy definitely saw it from the stage, look on his face was so weird when looked down. Security gave us water to drink before the show started. It was so hot inside, definitely didn't need to worry about freezing anymore :haha:

There was really cool Adam look-a-like in front row.. omg. He was so awesome in white studded jacket, he was also in M&G and got his jacket signed. This is his Twitter avi picture, I think it's the same jacket.

Aftermath definitely was my favorite performance.. he looked so happy and the vocals were so great. Not gonna rant about BO anymore because no one will understand anyway and I already told everything on Twitter last night. Plus it's hard enough writing this anyway... but I was crushed when I realized he really did skip BO. It was my worst nightmare and just wanted to cry my eyes out for the entire show.

Someone threw a tiny white teddy bear to the stage after one song (I think it was after Strut, can't remember 100% tho) and Adam threw it back :haha: lol. It was kind of hilarious.

I just love these fans... I've met this one girl once before but don't know her that much outside of Twitter. Anyway, after the concert when we were walking to bus stop she just hugged me tight and said that when she realized Adam skipped BO she thought of me and how bad I probably was feeling. It was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done to me and I needed that moment so much.

I already recap'd Jenny Woo but I just have to say seeing him there in a few feet away just was incredible after everything that happened after freezing in queue line and during the show, (and after queueing for AN HOUR to get my coat back from cloakroom). I couldn't believe Adam was right in front of me, basically their sofa started from our sofa ended. And omg Neil is still cute. It was so adorable to watch random people who obviously were fans of Adam noticing him there. This one girl was my favorite, she went from basic normal :| face from :omg: :o :fear: in less than a second, lol.

So much happened during one day.. my feet were so tired when I finally made it to night bus.. in which I OF COURSE fell asleep and had to walk 1,5 miles home. Grrrreat. I was at home like, 6 am. I'm still recovering from everything. A few pics coming later.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

joooory' date='Nov 7th 2010, 5:39 PM

Watcherstogether HD
Aftermath
joooory' date='Nov 7th 2010, 5:56 PM

missisnorris HD Full set
Medley

Fever

SW

WWFM

Soaked

Aftermath

Small clip of Tommy

SFW

Strut

MA

IIHY

MW

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

joooory' date='Nov 7th 2010, 6:19 PM

GlitterFinnbert
Fever
joooory' date='Nov 7th 2010, 6:24 PM

From the Intro

Clearer..

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

joooory' date='Nov 8th 2010, 12:02 AM

PhobosxDeimos HD
ROF

SW

Aftermath Partial

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

SGlam' date='Nov 8th 2010, 5:02 AM

M&G, Front row, centre. I will try to write a longer recap later but I just wanted to say it was one of the best experiences ever. Adam was so great and sweet and beautiful. :wub: :icecream:

Hand and Nuuskamuikkunen: It was soooo nice to meet you both! :hug: I´m so excited you were in Jenny Woo!!! I really was going out with you guys but I felt so terrible after the concert I decited against it (no eating or drinking all day long, my whole body hurting and shaking from being pushed against the barricade for 4,5 hours, my feets hurting from standing, feeling like fainting...).
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

ghosst' date='Nov 8th 2010, 7:50 AM

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-national/ame...-devotion-video

someone has written this in Facebook (Adam Lambert @ Kaapelitehdas, HELSINKI)

"Keikka oli ok. Seistiin kolmen sentin korokkeella miksauspöydän edessä ja luettiin ennen keikkaa settilistaa miksaajan nenän edestä. Sen perusteella odotimme kahden tunnin keikkaa, mutta suurimmasta osasta biisejä oli tehty lyhennetyt keikkaversiot, mikä sinänsä on ymmärrettävää, että olisi vähän eroa albumiin.
Encore-...osuuteen oli merkattu kolme biisiä joten kyllä mielestäni poikkaisi liian aikaisin...siellä oli mm. Whole Lotta Love (Led Zeppelin)."

And a translation:
"The gig was okay, we stood on the platform next to mixing table and saw & read the setlist before the gig. On ground of that we waited like two-hours-gig, but they had made the songs shorter, which is understandable. Encore was supposed to be three songs so they shortened that too much in my opinion. There was t.ex Whole Lotta Love (Led Zeppelin)
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

danilo85' date='Nov 8th 2010, 2:37 PM

deppie91
If I Had You

kurnaaw
Strut

Fever
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

nuuskamuikkunen' date='Nov 8th 2010, 3:26 PM

I was too shy to approach Adam :"> and I also thought it is their free time. I am glad though for those who talked with Adam or other band members. ETA: I mean really, how surreal it is. You go to concert you have been waiting ages, then walk around trying to find place to after party with sore feets - and then you hit place where Adam is! Plus maybe even talk him. That is so surreal! Most of the time I was sitting there with fellow fans I was like dazzled with thought Adam is 3 meters away, I am breathing same air and other crazy thoughts :haha: @hand you were closer, how did you survive that? ;)

To honor being totally absolutely glamwhammed whole day I tried drink first time in years. One sip and headache which was stupid but hey... Adam day! Sunday I was collecting stuff to Finnberts site and reliving experience. Today I am feeling bit post Adam blues >.< Cure: IIHY blasting really loud :lol:

About ve. ue. I feel so bad for two ladies who flew from US to see Adam. And I am thinking those really little kids who waited since Friday outside and fainted before concert even started. Only concert those two ladies managed to get VIPs was Helsinki and they flew over just for that. They had to leave before warm up even started, pressure was so intense. They were glad to have met Adam though and had tickets to Stockhom with seat places so I hope they are all fine. One thought I noticed that there very many people from Estonia, Sweden, Russia, even Japan. So Adam could have easily filled bigger, better venue!! I am bit annoyed for security guy who ignored our asks for bit mob control help.
That might be. I noticed one point his eyes tracked to girl being carried away. Plus heat was intense!
Finnish fan, help with vote, let's keep Adam at top 10! http://www.nrj.fi/top10
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Hand' date='Nov 8th 2010, 5:40 PM

Hmm. You could be right, actually. I didn't even thought of that kind of theory. They must have seen the fans being carried to side because they carried fainters through an area in between of the audience and the stage.
lol the whole thing was so weird and happened so fast. I heard two staff members talking with each other while they set up the table and they mentioned the words "Adam's gang" but I didn't pay too much attention... 30 seconds later I see Sutan walking in. :omg: It was sooo weird and uncomfortable somehow (I didn't want to stare them nonstop like the animals in cages in the zoo) and at same time I had a thousands hearts in my eyes. :haha: thankfully Niina was sitting next to me, I used her shoulder to hide my head and priceless face a lot. Just in case you didn't notice. :haha: And like, we sat down 15 minutes before they came? I have to say Adamist did a very good job in choosing the table... she was sitting there when I went downstairs to look for her.

And I'm still squealing over Adam giving Cristal kiss on the cheek when they left. <3
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

joooory' date='Nov 8th 2010, 6:51 PM

mmmimotus
Some of the best moments of the show
b.jewel.d' date='Nov 8th 2010, 11:02 PM

I know it ain't as epic as the real thing could've been (sigh..no BO or DTRH MVs, my fav songs :'( ) but you can console yourself int he meantime with my video! :haha:

bjeweld1
Broken Open: A Journey Through Time and Space
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

ghosst' date='Nov 9th 2010, 8:03 PM

IIHY

love this nice backround choir in this WWFM by martaesguay

martaesguay
WWFM
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

TupsuNunnu123' date='Nov 15th 2010, 3:37 PM

My Helsinki concert review...sooooo late...sorry :">
Ok so I woke up like 6 to get ready and set off at 7...met a friend whom I went with to the capital Tallinn oh and btw our cab driver I THINK was a liiiittle bit gay lol, he kept fixing his hair e.v.e.r.y. s.i.n.g.l.e time we stopped even for a second haha and he's car was perfectly clean and so on haha.....So when we got to the dock to get on a ship we (all Estonian fans) gathered, there was about 10 I think and we all went on chatted...planned stuff and when we got to Finland we went straight to the hotel which was 5 min away from Kaapelitehdas ! :D awesome u think? NOPE We got to choose if we wanted to go stay at hotel President or Holiday West Inn..and guess where Adam stayed :rolleyes: ...we got soo pissed later haha, not really but we regretted ......aaanyways we got ready. I put on my outfit specially made for GNT and did my hair which was totally a waste of time....didn't do much makeup but I had braids on one side of my head and I glitteryfied it hahA :D looked awesome tho...I put glitter everywhere and so did everyone else...ammmazing *o*
Then we went to Kaapelitehdas and stood waay back from the entrance,at the second corner of the building and I went to walk to the beginning of the line hoping someone from here would notice and say hi or sth, noone did :( so I walked like 4 times back and forth...ah well, didn't get cold atleast cuz it was FREEZING :|
We waited like 3 outside and I say kudos to all of yous standing there sooo much longer than we :thumbs: we went back to the hotel cuz I forgot my Tommy picture O.o idiot so after we bought hamburgers and hot chocolate to keep us warm, which tasted like HEAVEN :yes: best hot chocolate ever haha
when we got back one of our fiends told us that we got infront in the line cuz her twitter friend was in the beginning of the line and said that we're worthy of gettin' infront cuz we came such a long way, who'd say no to that?! so we got to the first corner from the entrance WOOO...later we heard somone saw Tommy wave to them :w00t:
We got in, slowly O.o I DON'T know what I was thinking goin' in SLOWLY ?!?! I saw the shop GOT MY MONEY OUT fast not telling where I was keepin it cuz I had no pockets :whistling: I wanted Dogtags sOOOOO BAD so I bought them...best thing I've bought EVER ;) LOVE THEM <3 the one who sold them was Scottish :w00t: the accent.... :wub:
We went to the crowd running this time haha We were like in the 15th to 20th row...I wanted to find others whom we came with so I went in and in and more in to the crowd WTF was I thinkin?! Found them tho...THANK GOD ^_^ thanks to my camera, lol took pics of the crowd to know where I was heading haha
Then the heating band came in and ....sorry...didn't like'em :"> ....I didn't see much and later I heard the guitarist fell or sth O.o haha
THENThe most amazing thing happened...one of Adam's pic came up :w00t: ..the crowd screaming LOUD....and the crowd screamed at the top of their longs EVERY SINGLE TIME the pic changed...-.- I was like WHAT ADAM!?!?WHERE?!?!.... -.-...no Adam...BUUUT when he finally came the screaming was deafening..LITERALLY
I was finally about in the 3rd row and I did not see anything, the first 3-4 songs I struggled to see anything cuz u know I'm not the tallest person When I finally did I was like WOW :fear: He's soooooooo effing gorgeous, like no sh!t...he's just amazingly beautiful and his hair OMG HIS HAIR!!!Soooo pretty and smooth by looks and OMG it was purely AMAZING....it was totally syrreal to see THEM whom came from the United States of America to perform to us I know I probably sound like a wacko but still...it was SYRREAL, I wanted to pinch myself to know if it was actually REAL
When it came to sleepwalker, I saw him m<ore clearly but sinse I had to be on my toes the whole time my feet went numb starting from my lower back which was aching soo hard but I didn't even notice it when we got in....aanyways I stepped down from my toes and leaned on my friend infront of me and one lovely Finn thought I was fainting so she hold her hand on my shoulder...it was soo sweet of her, She kept checking me if I was okay, didn't understand what she said...later I saw her and gave her a hug :hug:
IF I HAD U WAS THE MOST AMAZING PART OF THE WHOLE FRIGGIN CONCERT
I didn't see anyone's intro except TOMMMEH...saw the kiss too :spaz: it wasn't much but it was ammazinggg to see...later I heard there was a Fever kiss aswell...
I can't describe the feeling when when EVERYONE sang with Adam But if I had you, the money, fame........it was a beautiful moment and the jumping all UP N DOWN I'd do it again aaanytime ^_^ it was the best moment...the best
When it was over I was a little disappointed that we only got Mad World..but I understand he didn't feel good n all...I was grateful that I even got to see them live
When we started gettin' out I bought myself sth to drink and I have to say, I have NEVER appreciated a drink more than I did then...someone wanted a small zip ...gave it to her she freaking drank half of my bottle ...wanted to kill her haha..jk :P
When we started gettin' out my and my friend went straight out....someone else had my number that gets the clothes...it took us like 10 mins to get out and we waited in the freezing weather for ~30min cuz the security didn't let back in O.o kjhdsbfgjkhs
I was kinda disappointed than none of the A team ppl came out...
OHOHOH and most importantly I was keeping count on the boys...yup ;) I counted in total *drumrolls*....44 male ppl haha
one of'em was my age and was like a look-a-like to Adam...he was right behing me the whole concert OMG WAS HE CUUUUTE :wub:

and I'm sorry for it to be this long...I was soooo exited and I left alot out too...like when I had to strip lmao

Tried my best with the review...hope u enjoyed :)

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

ghosst' date='Dec 19th 2010, 3:26 PM

Kristian Künk
Crowd

Return to “2010 Glam Nation Tour”