'Little Bee' date='Aug 12th 2009, 9:32 AM'

Today is the 26th date of the tour - ::clap::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

2009-08-12 Nassau Coliseum (Long Island, NY) *Show 2*

Post by glambertparty »

'Juliana!' date='Aug 12th 2009, 10:35 AM'

I'm going againnnnn :D And I'm leaving in about an hour to go to the busses :) I'm so excited!!!!!!

OMG EVERYONE PLEASE HOPE THAT KRIS IS AT THE BUSSES CAUSE I GOT HIM A SHIRT THAT IS VERY VITAL TO THIS FANBASE:
(Adam's shirt is on the left, and the same thing is on the front of Kris' shirt. The back of Kris' is on the right) :)
Oh and Michael better be there. Me and Juju spend all nighttttt making him a Tour Book.
'AlliHeathe' date='Aug 12th 2009, 2:19 PM'

I'm going today - and dressed like a crazy person, but its awesomeee :) not going early though bc I heard no ones coming out b4 - I did go last night though after but he didn't come out. Hopefully I meet him tonight at the after party
'Charmqn' date='Aug 12th 2009, 6:05 PM'

Free open bar at the American Idol meet & greet-plus. Adam Lambert not signing/posing/mingling "drs orders"-crap. http://twitpic.com/dnhll about 1 hour ago from TwitterFon
'Charmqn' date='Aug 12th 2009, 6:41 PM'

julzFTW AWW ADAMS SICK :( POOR BB <333less than 20 seconds ago from txt
'madamimadam' date='Aug 12th 2009, 7:20 PM'

And the second leg of the tour begins... in 3...2...1...

gingerroxMegan's wearing gold spanx and gold flat sandals. I instantly like her more than I ever did.
3 minutes ago from Tweetie

gingerroxOk, let's hear it for the MFB!
11 minutes ago from Tweetie

gingerroxIdols live begins with, what else? Commercials!
12 minutes ago from Tweetie

SimplyAbbeySHOW IS STARTINGGGG AI THEME SONG BABYYYYY <3 Santi
13 minutes ago from txt

AdabrittSoooo. Now I'm kind of curious who caught my bra when Adam threw it back to the audience. Hahaha.
16 minutes ago from TwitterFon

vistadivahere we gooooo
16 minutes ago from mobile web
'madamimadam' date='Aug 12th 2009, 9:08 PM'

8:59 julzftw: o hi sermon.

9:00 caridan1: Sermon was actually inspiring

9:02 caridan1: I am really liking gokey!!

9:04 caridan1: Li jews love gokey!!!

9:04 julzftw: dear god plz let his hair be downnnn....

9:04 caridan1: And I am one of them. He made me a fan!

9:05 caridan1: Omg deafening!!!!!!

9:05 simplyabbey: THIS CROWD IS CRAZY FOR ADAMMMMMMMM <3 Santi

9:05 gingerrox: Maybe I was tweeting, but I observed NO gumping.

9:05 tonyaam: Ok my cousin who is a die hard adam fan just said @dannygokey was AMAZING!!!! She is now converted!!!!

9:07 gingerrox: Um. BRB.

9:07 julzftw: THEY LOWERED THE KEY??? i guess he REALLY IS SICKKK
'madamimadam' date='Aug 12th 2009, 9:13 PM'

Love. love, love the first one!!!!

9:11 caridan1: Its like the special guest star just arrived

9:12 julzftw: BACKDOOR MAN OMFGGG

9:12 caridan1: Starlight sounds weird. Like he inhaled helium

9:12 simplyabbey: OMFGGG ADAMMMM IS KILLLLIIINNN IITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT(AS IM TYPING THIS HES DOING HI HIGHNOTEEEEEEEEEEEE <3 Santi

9:12 krisguzz: Adam + Starlite.

9:12 caridan1: He is sooo beautiful

9:12 simplyabbey: black holes and revelationssssss<33333333333 <3 Santi

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Aug 12th 2009, 9:17 PM'

caridan1Looks like he got a haircut. Glitter in hair
less than 10 seconds ago from web

julzftw http://twitpic.com/dofv2 - starlighttt
half a minute ago from TwitPic

ashtashCan I suggest that fans of @adamlambert ask him legit questions instead of asking him to marry you? Makes for a more fun convo that way
half a minute ago from web

viewvow#adamlamberttwitterparty party!!party with Adam!!Yeah~
half a minute ago from web

caridan1Something seriously weird. Helium sound again on mad world. I've heard him do it loud a bunch of times but this is weird
less than a minute ago from web

caridan1Mad world next
2 minutes ago from web
'madamimadam' date='Aug 12th 2009, 9:20 PM'

9:16 caridan1: The helium effect did not exist on wll

9:17 gingerrox: The f!jacket is really quite impressive in real life.

9:18 caridan1: It is a sound issue. It wsnt just him singing high. They screwed up the sound

9:18 julzftw: UM JOCK STRAP WAS THROWN ON STAGE? LMFAOOOO

9:18 caridan1: Jock straps on slow ride

9:19 caridan1: Its rainin bras

9:19 julzftw: THE JOCKSTRAP SAID "XTRA LARGE" AND A BRA WAS THROWN TOO
'Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life' date='Aug 12th 2009, 9:20 PM'

My friend just texted me and said he has Elvis hair. Her exact words? Adam's hair looks molded like a Ken doll.
'madamimadam' date='Aug 12th 2009, 9:21 PM'

9:20 gingerrox: Stage litter is crazy!

9:20 notesandchords: Adam got lots of bras and an extra large jock strap which he tossed right at me. He was excited.
'madamimadam' date='Aug 12th 2009, 9:23 PM'

Last one ::roll::

9:21 gingerrox: No tweeting during Bowie. Sry.

9:21 caridan1: Chanting adam adam

9:21 simplyabbey: SOMEONE JUST TREW A BRA ON STAGE DURING SLOW RIDE AND ADAM SANG "its a boubleee D!" and allison sang "D D D" <33333 i love them omggg <3 ...
'madamimadam' date='Aug 12th 2009, 9:26 PM'

9:23 julzftw: omg like everything is being thrown on stage hahaha

By the end of the tour, they are going to have to bring out a Zamboni between Adam's and Kris's set!!!!

::roll::
'madamimadam' date='Aug 12th 2009, 9:33 PM'

9:26 caridan1: Dancing on bowie medly amazing. Best I've seen

9:26 gingerrox: Wiggly.

9:26 julzftw: omfgggg most epic thing ever omg me and my best friend are like out of breath hahahha

9:26 gingerrox: See ya, MFB!

9:26 caridan1: Lots of cheers for kris.

9:28 caridan1: Kris sounds heliummy too

9:29 caridan1: I saw both adam and kris live at gma and they sound conpletely different tonite and not in a good way. Maybe they have a helium tank bac ...

9:29 Zamalama: DOES ANYBODY KNOW CPR? Adam. oh. my. RA.
'madamimadam' date='Aug 12th 2009, 9:34 PM'

9:33 simplyabbey: http://twitpic.com/dohr6 - please go throughhh

9:33 Zamalama: "I want to run with you two..." Then to the male guitarist: "And YOU." Gigantic bra thrown. DD

9:33 gingerrox: Make out with that microphone, Mr Allen.

9:33 Zamalama: Kris is great. PIssed of Glambert is sitting down and scowling. F that! I got soal!

9:33 julzftw: & ppl calm down, im not a jerk for throwing socks at gokey. i think its funny lol. my moms a gokey fan and she approved lol
'Charmqn' date='Aug 12th 2009, 9:40 PM'

aww:

vistadiva Awww Adison sr end Adam picks up Alli +Spins her around1 minute ago from mobile web

<3
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Aug 12th 2009, 10:07 PM'

9:35 caridan1: This crowd likes kris but the looovvveeeeddddd adam

9:37 caridan1: I thinkthe curtain is dumb. But kris is adorable

9:37 julzftw: anal sunshineee when shes goneeee...the kradam anthem obvs.

9:37 julzftw: http://twitpic.com/doinq - all these things that ive doneeee

9:37 gingerrox: Hello, MFB!

9:37 notesandchords: More lingerie tossed during bowie medley. Some HUGE ass bras for real.

9:37 caridan1: Aint no sunshine. Curtain gone. Sam excited cause he knows this song

9:37 simplyabbey: kris just looked at me like 4 timess <3 Santi

9:37 Zamalama: Assholes behind me just kept shouting GAY. F that too. Adam is thr most talented artist I have ever seen. And freaking hot too.

9:37 caridan1: Very pretty but slightly tinny/heliummy. Sound is just off

9:38 simplyabbey: http://twitpic.com/doixm -

9:39 caridan1: His shirts keep getting more and ¥ More unbuttoned

9:41 caridan1: Bright lights. He has fun

9:41 simplyabbey: kris guuitarrrr soloooooooooo <3 Santi

9:42 gingerrox: Oh, Pocket Idol! How can you be so in-real-life adorable?

9:42 caridan1: Hey jude. I just saw mccartney do this a few weeks ago. Its not the same

9:43 Zamalama: HEY JEWS...

9:46 caridan1: Don't stop believin. Audience singing

9:48 simplyabbey: http://twitpic.com/dokdw - nananananana

9:51 julzftw: ADAM HIT THE GLORY NOTEEEEE. AND KRADAM DID THE CUTEST LITTLE DANCE. NO PROPOSAL DANCEE THO

9:52 caridan1: I've been to better shows but never a show as fun as this one

9:53 notesandchords: Show is over, fantasticly awesome!!! I have a few videos and only about 290 pics!!!!

9:53 caridan1: Sam says to tell twitterville thay the idol show was awesome!

9:53 simplyabbey: http://twitpic.com/dol1x -

9:54 Zamalama: And closing it of w classic Kradam. A+

9:56 julzftw: going to the barricades nowww. praying that kris will be there so i can give him his shirtttt

9:56 simplyabbey: the show just endeddd it was amazinnnggg <3 Santi

9:56 gingerrox: Well, that was worth $90.

9:57 rickey: http://twitpic.com/dol15 - Don’t Stop Believing

9:57 rickey: http://twitpic.com/dojbn - Bright Lights

9:59 simplyabbey: the show ended earlier today <3 Santi

9:59 gingerrox: I'm in a sea of Danny stans. I'm skurred.

10:00 rickey: http://twitpic.com/do1a6 - Scott

10:01 julzftw: LMFAO PPL ARE ARGUING ABOUT WHO LOVED ADAM FIRST HAHA

10:02 simplyabbey: waiting for the idolsss <3 Santi
'madamimadam' date='Aug 12th 2009, 10:09 PM'

10:07 gingerrox: When people say @adamlambert isn't coming out, a ripple of freakout spreads around them. "Wut? Wut? Wut?"

10:08 karahkarma: Someone threw a dildo on stage for adam.... Along with like 5425135726 bras and thongs

10:08 gingerrox: Crossing fingers that these kids have 1030 curfews.

10:08 julzftw: LOL ARE PPL SRSLY MAD AT ME FOR THROWING SOCKS? GEEZ PPL PLZ GET A SENSE OF HUMOR HAHA
'AlliHeathe' date='Aug 12th 2009, 11:50 PM'

ADAM DID NOT COME TO THE AFTERSHOW - I am heartbroken, for real. But Allison, my second favorite who I also love was a sweetheart and among other things (Longish story but I LOVE her) took my gift to give to him :) I'm just too upset I didn't get a picture/autograph from him - why do I have such terrible luck
'AlliHeathe' date='Aug 13th 2009, 3:58 AM'

I have over 100 pictures of Adam alone tonight - I find it soo funny! haha - all these pix have full quality ones so just ask if u want

Adam pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2960...mp;id=725965531
'aitb' date='Aug 13th 2009, 9:15 AM'

Review from NYpost, quite negative for Adam (except for WLL&SR)

By DAN AQUILANTE

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08132009/enter...ouch_184247.htm

AMERICA was right -- kinda.

Judging from Tuesday's Nassau Coliseum concert, Kris Allen, not Adam Lambert, is in fact the rightful winner of the 2009 "American Idol" contest.

Lambert, who many believed was robbed of the "Idol" title, came on strong with a sledgehammer cover of Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love."

Looking like an Elvis Presley mannequin, he was all wails and bombast, but that drearily fizzled as he slogged his way through Muse's "Starlight" and the Gary Jules/Michael Andrews "Donnie Darko" version of "Mad World."

He was at his worst in a cringe-inducing David Bowie medley that Simon Cowell surely would have deemed below cruise ship entertainment.

Besides "Whole Lotta Love," the only other time in Lambert's set where he mined gold was when he sang a duet of Foghat's "Slow Ride" with Allison Iraheta -- and she was the one who made it rock.

Kris Allen isn't a performance wiz either, but his set was unforced and had the kind of honesty needed to rescue a cover of The Beatles' "Hey Jude" and Matchbox 20's "Bright Lights" from elevator wreckage. He had heart throughout his set and even injected some blue-eye soul into Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine."

Surprisingly, everyone sounded pretty good live. Maybe it's how sound gets compressed when sent over the airwaves, or maybe it's the crappy little speakers on most TVs, but for sure, there's never been a single "American Idol" broadcast that had the clarity or sonic depth that this live show had.

That said, the tour could really use some work. The production lazily uses a countdown format, opening with this year's 10th-place finisher and working its way to top man Allen. Michael Sarver's "Love With a Girl" was like starting with a bathroom break. A wiser sequencing would have had Lambert, Allen or Iraheta sparking some fireworks upfront.

The show also needs to rethink its geezer set list from classic rock and the power-ballad songbooks. The excess of moldy oldies made the event seem dated.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'vistadiva' date='Aug 13th 2009, 12:04 PM'

http://photobucket.com/vistadiva
Here's a link for photos from last night
'Juliana!' date='Aug 14th 2009, 12:16 AM'

I put all the pictures from both the LI shows on my flickr :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/julzphotos/co...57622026815988/

The 2 shows are mixed together, but they're pretty good pics :D
'qwas' date='Aug 14th 2009, 8:24 AM'

Review from newsweek
http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/popvox/arch...ol-concert.aspx
Our 'American Idol' Photo Album
Front Row at the American Idol Concert

Do not adjust your screens—you aren't seeing double. The two women pictured above actually each made their own home-made Adam Lambert stick puppets, which they proudly showcased Wednesday night (along with their black nailpolish) at the American Idol concert in Long Island. That's Eydia on the left and Sharon on the right—and Adam and Adam. You can't blame them for not giving me their last names, they are Adam-Lambert-oholics, after all. "He's the best singer," cooed Eydia, who confessed she drove for 105 minutes to see Mr. Lambert in the flesh with her co-worker.
This year's American Idol concert might as well have been retitled the Adam Lambert concert, because, really, the show's runner-up was the singer the crowds flocked to drool over. As I walked into the stadium, a girl in front of me had written "Adam Lambert Has My Heart" in colored glue on the back of her T shirt. Tweens hovered around at intermission flapping photos of Lambert in their hands. It took a very long time—2 hours and 4 minutes into the concert—for Lambert to finally take the stage. But when his name was announced, and the lights dimmed, the stadium quaked with stomping feet. The air felt heavy. A woman next to me gasped. It was like Obama himself was about to make an entrance. Only the president wouldn't have dressed quite this way: sequined leather, a belt that sparkled like it belonged to Cher, and so much glitter, he might as well have been a cast member of High School Musical.

Oh, but I'm getting ahead of the story. Let's rewind and see how my Idol journey began:

6:40 p.m. I step off the Long Island railway, and my cab driver immediately wants to know where I'm going. He's an Idol fan, too, it turns out, though the last time he voted was all the way back in season 2 for Ruben Studdard. What does he think of Paula leaving? "It's not going to be as fun," he said. Fox, are you listening?! We want Paula back.

7 p.m. The scariest thing about walking into a stadium that looks like a high school gymnasium full of shrieking tween girls? All the shrieking tween girls wearing T shirts featuring Adam Lambert and Idol winner Kris Allen.

7: 06 p.m. The concert starts promptly. Yes! The first singer is Michael Sarver. No! He opens the night with Gavin DeGraw's "I Just Want a Girl" and Ne-Yo's "Closer." The only reason anybody is excited is that we're getting closer to Adam Lambert.

7:14 p.m. Next up: Megan Joy, who makes her entrance like a pinwheel, spinning around on stage. This was the girl who America mocked, who couldn't seem to carry a note, who forgot her song lyrics and once faked—did we think she faked it?!—a cold to get sympathy from the judges. But tonight, she's got a secret weapon: HOT PINK.

Maybe she crumbled under the pressure on TV, but in concert, Megan works the stage like a rock star. Her first song is Corrine Bailey Rae's "Put Your Records On" and her second song is Amy Winehouse's "Tears Dry on Their Own." I'm pleasantly surprised.

7:21 p.m. It's Scott MacIntyre. Idol's first blind contestant also sounds better in person than he does on TV. But during his rendition of Keane's "Bend & Break" (with MacIntyre behind the piano), all the tweens look bored. A little too Brooklyn-coffee-house for a stadium this big:

7:29 p.m. America, are you ready for something a little different?! Time for Lil Rounds. It's hard to imagine why the judges ever thought she could be a frontrunner, because she gives the most schizophrenic performance of the night, like she's trying to impersonate a rock star instead of actually being one. And she has a tendency to scream out her songs:

I've seen Alicia Keys perform "No One" live, and Lil's version was at best fancy karaoke.

7:45 p.m. Anoop Desai throws out a "y'all" and then bores us some more. Lil might not have been good, but at least she was loud. Anoop does two ballads and Bobby Brown's "My Perogative" (which he already performed twice on the show), and the most memorable part of the performance is how he awkwardly humps the air. The blonde woman behind me looks like she's fantasizing about Adam Lambert.

Some time later (I might've fallen asleep): Matt Giraud helps us recover with the Black Crowes "Hard to Handle," Ray Charles's "Georgia on My Mind" and the Fray's "You Found Me." Now I can understand why he got the judge's save: he's the best performer of the night so far.

8:03 p.m. Some kind of cool group medley that's like the best Gap commercial I've ever seen complete with top hates and then it's intermission and everybody is excited that AdamAdamAdam!! is going to perform.

At intermission: Eydia tells me that she can't remember how many times she voted from Adam Lambert. But she took a vacation to Florida at some point during the season, and even voted for her from there.

8:36 p.m. And we're back. Wouldn't it be better if Ryan Seacrest traveled around with this kids across the country and introduced them instead of the generic TV screen. Ooh! But it's time for ...

Allison Iraheta! Her rock version of "So What" by Pink might be better than the original. In another season, she would have won the Idol crown.

8:47 p.m. Look at how convincing Danny Gokey looks as a rock star:

Basically, he sounds like a wedding singer covering Michael Jackson. And he's missing notes.

8:53 p.m. Somebody threw a stuffed animal at Gokey. Unfortunately, it did not hit him.

8:54 p.m. His cover of Rascal Flatts's "What Hurts the Most" is better. But when he gets to the lyrics "what hurts the most/is being so close/watching you walk away," all I can think of is Paula.

9:04 p.m. Danny is done and the ground is shaking. Everybody is on their feet. Stomping, stomping, stomping. Red strobe lights! And now. It's time. For ...

Adam! Lambert! Is! On! The! Stage!

First, he covers Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love," and it's the best performance in the history of music. Then he covers Muse's Starlight, which I think I even liked it better. His vocals on the song are like Celine Dion meets Cher meets Madonna—and I mean that as a compliment. Then "Mad World," which we've heard a time or two, then he takes off his jacket and all the Long Island moms are panting.

Whoa, has he been working out?! Also: he's wearing a giant glittery thing on his belt. He ends the night with his duet with Allison from the show—"Slow Ride"—and a medley of songs by David Bowie. There are panties and bras and thongs flung on stage, and Adam gamely throws them back (ewww) at the audience. And everybody loves it. And everybody loves Adam. And now the concert is over.

Wait. No. It's not. Kris Allen has to perform.

9:30ish p.m. The Idol winner has the bad luck of following Lambert, but actually, I thought he held his own, in his low-key Kris Allen way. His version of Kanye West's "Heartless" sounds even better in a person than it does on TV. He follows it up with a song from the Killers—which, on the second half of the tour, has replaced that horrible "No Boundaries" song Kara DioGuardi wrote. He ends with "Hey Jude," and all the other Idols join him on stage and everybody is waving their cell phones and Glo-Sticks and Adam Lambert paraphernalia in the air. And we all heart the Idols and life and we're all happy like Paula Abdul.

As I leave, I ask Eydia and Sharon what they thought. They say that Kris was good, but nobody was better than Adam. "Adam is hot! Hot! Hot!" Eydia says. "I am telling you, he is hot!" (Isn't that the title of a Jennifer Hudson song?) Then Sharon smiles deviously. "We are going home with him now," she says, as she waves her Adam head in the air.
'mindchnger' date='Aug 14th 2009, 2:46 PM'

Oh my f*cking ra..... JacquiB is ridiculously talented with taking those photos. She has so many AMAZING shots... umm... like this one!

::wootbounce:: My goodness....
'danceLove318' date='Aug 17th 2009, 11:40 PM'

Has this been posted yet?
Audio Interview...click on Adam
Here
'*ShellBell86*' date='Aug 20th 2009, 5:37 PM'

I know this is very late, but I'd like to post my review from the August 12 show.

I just wanna say that I had SUCH a great time at the Idol concert. In my opinion, this season's tour was probably more memorable than the other two that I attended (I did not go to Season 5's tour, but I attended seasons 1 & 3). Anyway, my two friends and I took a cab to the train station, and then we proceeded to take the train all the way to Hicksville to get picked up by my parents. When we got there, we decided to get some food and bring it to our seats. Mine were actually very good...I sat in the 100's (almost close to front row). Most of the people were very good. Megan was very meh, Lil' and Anoop were pretty good, and Allison simply rocked! I was actually impressed with Danny...he sounded in good shape. And what can I say about Adam that hasn't been mentioned already? He seriously kicked major butt with his set! I was just up on my feet dancing away and not worrying about anything...I'm telling you...seeing him perform on stage made me feel so many indescribable feelings. One funny part, though, was my male friend telling me that this lady who was behind him was yelling "TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS, ADAM!!!" That just cracked me up!!! And when it came to Adam and Allison singing "Slow Ride" there were some undergarments being thrown at the stage, and he actually played with one of them!! That was just hysterical!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway, I just felt so great seeing his set. After it was over and Kris came on, I suddenly sat back down. I thought that jis set was a little boring. My only favorite songs he did at the concert were "Heartless" and "Ain't No Sunshine". Other than that, Kris' set just wasn't as great as Adam's. Then it was time for us to leave, but first my roommate had to go to the bathroom so my male friend and I waited. We saw that the line was VERY long, and my dad was waiting for us near the place where we got dropped off. Meanwhile, my voice was becoming a little hoarse because I was cheering so hard for Adam. Anyway, when my roommate came out we went outside and started looking for my dad's car. I kept calling my dad and asking where he was, but then after a minute he started getting stern with me 'cause we got confused as to where we were supposed to be. But then, I found a police officer and got some help. He was nice enough to talk with my dad and direct him to us. When we got in the car, we just sat there and didn't talk for 2 minutes. Then slowly, we went into conversation a little bit. So I just can't get over how much fun that show was. :D

Return to “2009 American Idol Tour”