2009-08-26 Palace Auburn Hills (Auburn Hills, MI)

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

2009-08-26 Palace Auburn Hills (Auburn Hills, MI)

Post by glambertparty »

'Silvia' date='Aug 27th 2009, 9:07 PM'

Adam Lambert at Wednesday’s American Idols Live concert
Aug 27, 2009 | Comments 23

Last night, American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert performed at the Amercian Idols Live concert at The Palace of Auburn Hills, much to the delight of the near sold out audience.

As reported from DetNews, Lambert performed old classics such as Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love”, with the crowd dazzled by the stunning stage effects and lighting - a very energetic performance from Lambert to say the least.

For a full roundup of the night, head to DetNews for more information. Were you one of the lucky ones attending the concert? If so, we’d love to hear your impressions of the night and how well you think Adam Lambert did, compared to the other American Idol contestants.

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/200908 ... e-concert/

Thursday, August 27, 2009
Review: 'American Idols Live!'
Lambert wows Palace crowd
Adam Graham / Detroit News Pop Music Writer
Detroit is Adam Lambert country.

The "American Idol" runner-up stole the show at Wednesday's "American Idols Live!" concert at The Palace of Auburn Hills, and earned the lion's share of the applause from the spirited audience.

"American Idol" has never seen anything like Lambert, who is like a glam rock serpent formed from the DNA of David Bowie, Freddie Mercury and Trent Reznor. As he tore through a super-sexualized version of Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" you could sense the unease from the parents who brought their small children to the concert.

Lambert effortlessly oozed sex appeal, swagger and rock star quality, and gleefully smashed the boundaries of what is expected from contestants on the teeny bopper show. It will be interesting to see what effect, if any, his run on "Idol" does for future seasons of the show, but don't be surprised if the answer is none. An Adam Lambert only comes around once every so often, and it will be thrilling to see what he does from this point.

Lambert of course lost "Idol" to Kris Allen, and the injustice was personified when Allen took to the stage at the concert's conclusion and gave an almost entirely charisma-free performance.

There are "Guitar Hero" renditions of the Killers' "All These Things I've Done" with more passion than Allen's version had on Wednesday, and he did everything he could to rob "Hey Jude" of its splendor. Allen seems bland to begin with, but compared to Lambert, he's almost nonexistent.

Wednesday night acted as a homecoming for Michigan's own Matt Giraud, who made a case for himself that he should have gone much further in the show than the fifth place finish he was awarded.

In an alternate universe, the finale might have been Lambert and Giraud, as Giraud gave a full-bodied, high energy performance that saw him successfully taking on both the Black Crowes ("Hard to Handle") and Ray Charles ("Georgia on My Mind"). As Giraud's friends and family cheered him on -- his father wore a shirt that screamed "Matt G's Dad" -- Giraud showed he had genuine chops on both the microphone and at the piano, and the ability to make a go of a music career.

Elsewhere there were few surprises. Performers took the stage in the order they were voted off, starting with roughneck Texan Michael Sarver, and on through Megan Joy, Scott MacIntyre, Lil Rounds, Anoop Desai and the rest of the herd. Joy's voice is unique and quirky but her performance came off as lazy, while sparkplug rocker Allison Iraheta was a good match for Pink's "So What." She played the rocker role to a T, and you believed her when she sang "I'm still a rock star" as wind blew through her magenta-colored locks.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090827 ... lace-crowd

Hometown crowd shows love for Matt Giraud at 'American Idol' concert
by Jessica Nunez | MLive.com
Thursday August 27, 2009, 12:46 PM

American Idol photo
Matt Giraud plays the keyboard at one of the "American Idols Live!" concerts.The 2009 "American Idols Live!" tour rolled through The Palace of Auburn Hills last night, and "Idol" contestant Matt Giraud who lives in Kalamazoo but grew up in Ypsilanti, made sure to let the Detroit crowd know that for him, this was home.

Oakland Press entertainment writer Gary Graff was at the concert and wrote about his set and how the crowd received him.

Oakland Press, Aug. 27: "It's good to be home!" Giraud, who said Wednesday afternoon he had an estimated 200 guests coming to the show, necessitating a separate room for his meet-and-greet session. "A couple of years ago I used to play right down the block...I used to close my eyes and imagine you all here."
Giraud, who's currently writing songs and looking for a recording contract, also told the crowd he'd told his fellow "Idols" that "you'd be an amazing crowd, so you better make me look good."

Giraud might have gotten some extra hometown love, but the one who really rocked the night was fan favorite Adam Lambert. Here he is singing Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love:"

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detr ... e_for.html

Return to “2009 American Idol Tour”