2009-08-26 Palace Auburn Hills (Auburn Hills, MI)

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life' date='Aug 27th 2009, 12:46 PM' Last night was honestly amazing, you guys! I promised a review, so here you go! Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

My friend & I left her place at 4pm. We were going to Auburn Hills from Canada, so it would take a good couple of hours to get there. We arrived at the Palace at about 5:30, so we decided to go to will call, and check to see if I had, indeed, gotten the passes. I hadn't received my confirmation e-mail from Jill (Megan's mom) that I had won Megan's contest that I had entered, but Angie (Megan's cousin) said that she was pretty sure that I was on the list, so I was a little antsy.

When we got there, the passes hadn't yet arrived at will call, but the lady told me that they would be there momentarily. To pass time, my friend & I started chatting with some friend of Matt Giraud, who were also waiting on passes. When the passes had arrived, the lady at will call signalled for us to come up and she'd check for us. I handed her my ID, and she looked in the computer. Next thing I know, she's headed for the box with the passes, and pulled an envelope out for me. I was ECSTATIC! We quickly put them on right away, and headed inside, as it was now a little past 6pm, and the doors were open to go on inside.

Once inside, I purchased a tour book, and an individual photo of each Idol. I wasn't sure who'd be at the AP, so I wanted to be safe and get all 10. We went to our seats, and they weren't bad, considering they were up in the upper level. We were on the right side of the stage, and we could see EVERYTHING so well. The lights went down, and then we were off!

Michael Sarver - The guy is AMAZING! His voice has gotten a LOT better than I remembered on the show. I always thought he was good, but he was SO much better than I ever remembered him to be! I also found him to be very handsome, and he was really loving the crowd!

Megan Joy - That's my girl right there. She came out with a fro, and it was brushed to one side, and she just looked so GORGEOUS! She sounded GREAT on her two songs, and I have NO idea why people give her such a hard time about her singing, because I thought she sounded awesome, again, another one who sounded better live than I remember her on the show! I was so proud, and I really screamed for her! I was the only one in our section going absolutely nuts for her, but I didn't care! I thought she was awesome!

Scott MacIntyre - I like Scott, I do. I hate to admit, though, that I was a little bored during his set. :ph34rwave: He's a great singer, and a great piano player, but I just couldn't get into him, like I had with Megan & Michael. It was weird. Maybe it was the songs, I don't know, but he does have a very nice voice. Very calm & soothing, and he can play piano very well.

Lil Rounds - Can I just say that I LOVE her?! She got everyone on their feet. She was the first performer of the night that got the crowd up and moving. her take on Beyonce's "Single Ladies" was better than Beyonce, IMO. She's definitely a crowd pleaser, and her voice is out of this world! She better get signed, that's all I have to say. I'd definitely go and see her again in concert.

Anoop Desai - The ladies' man! I'm telling you, this guy had the ladies, screaming! I have to admit, he's a hottie too, from what I could see on the screen. He's got a very smooth voice. If silk fabric could sing, I'm telling you, Anoop is what it would sound like. So good. His dancing got everyone on their feet too!

Matt Giraud - Well, he wanted a hometown welcome, and boy did he get one! The crowd was on their feet, screaming and giving him a standing ovation when he came onstage! Matt was loving it, and you could tell that he was feeding off of the crowd's energy. His entire set had me smiling, because his energy and pride was contagious. What a voice that guy has! Damn! His piano playing is pretty much off-the-charts too. Awesome.

Allison Iraheta - Damn, that girl can WAIL! She totally had the rockstar vibe going on, onstage, and I found myself not being able to tear my eyes away from her. She was magnetic, and I felt like I was witnessing a superstar being born right there with her. Awesome.

Danny Gokey - Danny was the pleasant surprise of the evening for me. I must admit that I wasn't exactly a big Danny fan, going into the show, especially after the debacle that was "Scream On", but he won me over, BIG time. His voice was very strong, and I loved his Latin dancing during "Maria Maria". You know what, most people don't care for his speech before "My Wish", but I found it really awe-inspiring, and it touched my heart. I am now a Danny Gokey fan.

Adam Lambert - Wow. What else can I say, really? The man is a born star. He has the "IT Factor" that Simon & Company are always mentioning. I was amazed. I knew that I would be, but I found myself with my jaw down to the floor at him and his range. I knew he had "IT", but I didn't know that he had "ALL THAT"! Wow. That's all I can say, because there aren't enough words to describe how awesome I thought he was.

Kris Allen - What a little cutie! Seriously! I loved how he opened with "Heartless", and he did it better on tour than he did on the show. I wasn't familiar with "All These Things I've Done", or "Bright Lights", so I'll admit that he lost me a little on those songs, but he brought me right back around with "Hey Jude"!

All in all, I became a fan of everyone last night, once the show was said and done. It was now time to get ready to go to the AP, and I don't think that I could have been more excited if I tried. Anyone who had the letters "MG" on their passes were led to a separate room, for Matt & his family & friends. We had to wait in the hallway for about a half hour, before Ray, the security guard, told everyone to have the passes on you and visible, where he could see them. The he asked anyone with the letters "AL" on the top, to move to the other side of the hallway. It was then, that I knew that Adam probably wasn't going to be at the AP, because he had about 40 people with the letters "AL" on their passes, and they were all guests of his, so he would be having his own AP. I was a tiny bit disappointed, because, hello! LambJoy shipper here, but I was meeting Megan, so that made me smile, BIG time.

As we were walking down the hall to the room, Matt Giraud walked by, heading to where his after party was. My friend & I looked at him, smiled, and say "Hey Matt!", he grinned at us, and said "Hey, what's going on?", in his cute little Michigan accent, before he headed off to the separate room for his AP with his family & friends.

We walked into the room, and my heart started beating really fast. My friend & I scoped out the room and made a beeline for Megan, who was standing with Lil. We patiently waited our turn, and once it was our turn, my heart started beating even faster, and I told Megan that I had won her contest, and she smiled and gave me a big hug. I gave her the gifts that I had for her, which were a stuffed Eeyore for Ryder, bracelets that I had made for her, for Jill, for Angie, and for Buddy, and a beautiful birthstone pewter necklace. She hugged me again, and signed my picture, before I asked for a picture with her & Lil. I thanked Megan for everything, before turning to Lil, and asked her to sign my picture. We were just about to walk away, when I remembered that I had forgotten to give Megan, the "thank you" card for her that was in my purse. I went back to Megan, and handed her the "thank you" card, and I told her my story, about how I had given up singing because of my horrible "Pop Stars" experience, and told her that I started singing again (did my first show in 7 years on July 1) because of her and because of how she never made anything in school, and now here she was. She was touched by that and told me never to give up on what I love, before she gave me a another big hug. I asked her if I could get a pic of her & Lil, for the Lilegan fans on IDF, and she nudged Lil, and said, "THE LILEGANS WANT A PICTURE!" They posed for the pic, and I thanked them both again.

We next made our move over to Allison, who was standing near them. She was cute. I told her we had come from Canada, and she said, "Oh really? Cool, man!" She signed my picture, and then I took a photo with her. My friend wanted a pic with her, she handed me the camera, and my friend & Allison started joking around, which in turn made me laugh, and my hand shake, so their picture didn't come out. :(

We spotted Kris, and again, my heart started beating fast. We waited our turn, and once I got to him, he gave me a sweet smile, and signed my picture. I asked him for a picture, and he was very sweet. He rubbed my back while we were getting a picture taken together, because I was shaking a little bit. Very sweet. I felt like I was going to get a cavity just by being around him! My friend got a picture with him, and she told him that she was going to fire me as her photographer, because I could take a steady pic. Kris laughed, and looked at my hand, and said, "Yeah, she's shaking!"

It was over to Danny Gokey. He had a little bit of a line-up, so we were waiting. He knew we were waiting, and he kept apologizing to my friend & I, because people kept jumping in front of us. While we were waiting on Danny, we spotted Michael Sarver, and we thought about just going over to Michael and coming back to Danny, but we thought it would be rude, since Danny already knew we were waiting for him. Michael left right after that, so we never got to him, unfortunately. :( Anyhow, when it was our turn for Danny, I asked him if I could give him a bracelet that I had made, very similar to the one that I had made for Megan. He said, "Sure, tie it on me!" I did, and I was a little unsteady, but I finally tied it on (I hope it doesn't fall off - if it does, I'm sorry, Danny!). We took a picture together, before I asked him to sign my picture. He asked who to make it out to, and I told him my name, and he wanted to make sure he was spelling it right, so he spelled it out to me before writing it down. My friend got a picture with him, and that was it.

We wandered around the room a little longer, to see if there were any Idols that we had missed, but unfortunately, that was it. No Anoop, no Scott, no Michael, no Adam, and no Matt. We decided to head out and try our luck at the barricades, to see if we could get any of the ones that we had missed from the AP.

The barricades? A TOTAL zoo. Literally, it was a madhouse. We found ourselves a spot near the front off to the side, and we waited. Megan was the first one out,and I stepped back when she came, so that someone who hadn't had a chance to meet her, could have their shot. Allison & Lil came out as well, and signed, but never made it to our side. Scott came out with his handler, but he went straight to the bus and didn't sign anything. Kris came out, and I'm not sure if he signed at all, because I was no longer near the front, so I couldn't see. Adam & Matt both came out about 10 minutes to midnight, and went to the opposite side, of course, so I knew that I probably wasn't going to get a chance to meet either of them. Ah well. Adam walked by our side as he was leaving (security wanted them to the buses so that they could be off the premises by midnight, since they have to be), and I yelled out, "HI ADAM!", and he looked with a smile and said hello, which was good enough for me, even if I didn't get a PADAM picture. Him & Matt skipped over to the buses like two little boys, before trying to outdo each other with a dance move. It was amusing to watch.

With that, it all ended. What an awesome night, and I can't thank Megan enough, for making all of that, possible for me.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'tzatyracz' date='Aug 27th 2009, 2:49 PM'

Part 2 of my experience last night!!!

Ok I've calmed down a little but this will probably get me going again. ::haha::

All the idols were good though I wasn't feeling Lil & Megan quite as much as the others. Matt on the other hand was SPECTACULAR! I liked him on the show but seeing him live, I like him even more now! He totally deserves to get signed. :yes: Loved Allison and Danny wasn't bad but I couldn't concentrate on him, was too busy thinking "Adam is next, OMG I'm gonna see Adam, Adam is next!" :D

That long, silent, dark delay after Danny's set was great for getting me, and the crowd, hyped up! Then that guitar started to wail...heart was pounding louder, hands shaking, feeling a little light headed; then OMG THERE HE WAS!!!!! ::woot:: ::spaz:: Had put my phone away, no tweeting but I tried to take pics, they so didn't turn out cause I was shaking and screaming so much! ::haha:: JFC the microbating during WLL last night was nothing like I had ever seen before!! ::spaz:: Granted I haven't watched vids lately cause I didn't want to "dull" the live experience. (There was no way that could've happened anyways; there is no comparison to seeing him live in all his inhumanly sexiness!) I finally calmed down during Starlight and got decent pics, nothing worth posting here though, just glad I have some that aren't blurry. :) The rest of his set went by WAY TOO FAST! Before I knew it he was gone. :'( He left a forever lasting impression though...a 20 minute adamgasm will do that to a woman! ::wub:: Kris's set went largely unnoticed cause I was tweeting and basking in the afterglow. :">

Wasn't in the original plan to go to the barricades afterwards but my mom & I were so wound up, we didn't want the night to end. So we got the heck out of the building FAST and I ran to the barricades and got a 2nd row spot, not bad for staying for the entire show. :D Knew it would be a long wait and it was quite chilly but the hope and anticipation of seeing Adam kept me from freezing. :yes: Meg, Ali and Lil came out first and took their time, took pics with lots of people. Then it was a long time before anyone else came out, but I didn't give up hope! I just had this good feeling that Adam would come out...and then he did!!!!! Oh the pandemonium!!!! He started at the end closest to us but he was going so fast he missed my RS mag. I was bound and determined so we moved down the line and I reached over people (not rudely) and got it!!! It's just a scribble of course but that's enough for me!! Didn't get a good close look at him unfortunately, too many people and I'm just not that tall. :( But what I did see (and get pics of) he was just as stunningly beautiful as he's been described. ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::

Ok this is sooooo long! Sorry about that! :"> It was the best day I could've hoped for! It'll stay in my memory forever and I can't wait for his solo tour! I'm so getting front row seats for that!!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'carriefanforever' date='Aug 27th 2009, 3:54 PM'

::hello:: Here are my Adam pictures I took last night:

He ran to our side. ::haha::

And the rest are here. :)
'SueB' date='Aug 27th 2009, 6:43 PM'

Just finished sifting through all the pictures I took last night. I didn't get any really close shots from my seat, but I'm pretty happy with the way this picture of Adam singing 'Mad World' came out - it's the best of my Adam shots:

It looks like EVERYbody in the first twenty rows on the floor has their cell phones and cameras out, taking pictures!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Silvia' date='Aug 27th 2009, 9:07 PM'

Adam Lambert at Wednesday’s American Idols Live concert
Aug 27, 2009 | Comments 23

Last night, American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert performed at the Amercian Idols Live concert at The Palace of Auburn Hills, much to the delight of the near sold out audience.

As reported from DetNews, Lambert performed old classics such as Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love”, with the crowd dazzled by the stunning stage effects and lighting - a very energetic performance from Lambert to say the least.

For a full roundup of the night, head to DetNews for more information. Were you one of the lucky ones attending the concert? If so, we’d love to hear your impressions of the night and how well you think Adam Lambert did, compared to the other American Idol contestants.

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/200908 ... e-concert/

Thursday, August 27, 2009
Review: 'American Idols Live!'
Lambert wows Palace crowd
Adam Graham / Detroit News Pop Music Writer
Detroit is Adam Lambert country.

The "American Idol" runner-up stole the show at Wednesday's "American Idols Live!" concert at The Palace of Auburn Hills, and earned the lion's share of the applause from the spirited audience.

"American Idol" has never seen anything like Lambert, who is like a glam rock serpent formed from the DNA of David Bowie, Freddie Mercury and Trent Reznor. As he tore through a super-sexualized version of Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" you could sense the unease from the parents who brought their small children to the concert.

Lambert effortlessly oozed sex appeal, swagger and rock star quality, and gleefully smashed the boundaries of what is expected from contestants on the teeny bopper show. It will be interesting to see what effect, if any, his run on "Idol" does for future seasons of the show, but don't be surprised if the answer is none. An Adam Lambert only comes around once every so often, and it will be thrilling to see what he does from this point.

Lambert of course lost "Idol" to Kris Allen, and the injustice was personified when Allen took to the stage at the concert's conclusion and gave an almost entirely charisma-free performance.

There are "Guitar Hero" renditions of the Killers' "All These Things I've Done" with more passion than Allen's version had on Wednesday, and he did everything he could to rob "Hey Jude" of its splendor. Allen seems bland to begin with, but compared to Lambert, he's almost nonexistent.

Wednesday night acted as a homecoming for Michigan's own Matt Giraud, who made a case for himself that he should have gone much further in the show than the fifth place finish he was awarded.

In an alternate universe, the finale might have been Lambert and Giraud, as Giraud gave a full-bodied, high energy performance that saw him successfully taking on both the Black Crowes ("Hard to Handle") and Ray Charles ("Georgia on My Mind"). As Giraud's friends and family cheered him on -- his father wore a shirt that screamed "Matt G's Dad" -- Giraud showed he had genuine chops on both the microphone and at the piano, and the ability to make a go of a music career.

Elsewhere there were few surprises. Performers took the stage in the order they were voted off, starting with roughneck Texan Michael Sarver, and on through Megan Joy, Scott MacIntyre, Lil Rounds, Anoop Desai and the rest of the herd. Joy's voice is unique and quirky but her performance came off as lazy, while sparkplug rocker Allison Iraheta was a good match for Pink's "So What." She played the rocker role to a T, and you believed her when she sang "I'm still a rock star" as wind blew through her magenta-colored locks.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090827 ... lace-crowd

Hometown crowd shows love for Matt Giraud at 'American Idol' concert
by Jessica Nunez | MLive.com
Thursday August 27, 2009, 12:46 PM

American Idol photo
Matt Giraud plays the keyboard at one of the "American Idols Live!" concerts.The 2009 "American Idols Live!" tour rolled through The Palace of Auburn Hills last night, and "Idol" contestant Matt Giraud who lives in Kalamazoo but grew up in Ypsilanti, made sure to let the Detroit crowd know that for him, this was home.

Oakland Press entertainment writer Gary Graff was at the concert and wrote about his set and how the crowd received him.

Oakland Press, Aug. 27: "It's good to be home!" Giraud, who said Wednesday afternoon he had an estimated 200 guests coming to the show, necessitating a separate room for his meet-and-greet session. "A couple of years ago I used to play right down the block...I used to close my eyes and imagine you all here."
Giraud, who's currently writing songs and looking for a recording contract, also told the crowd he'd told his fellow "Idols" that "you'd be an amazing crowd, so you better make me look good."

Giraud might have gotten some extra hometown love, but the one who really rocked the night was fan favorite Adam Lambert. Here he is singing Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love:"

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detr ... e_for.html

Return to “2009 American Idol Tour”