2009-09-01 Target Center (Minneapolis, MN)

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

SET LIST:

Whole Lotta Love
Starlight
Mad World
Slow Ride
Life on Mars
Fame
Let’s Dance
Don't Stop Believing

Adams Minion
01.Whole Lotta Love
02.Starlight
03.Mad World
04.Slow Ride
05./06./07.Bowie Medley
08.Don't Stop Believing

monacommish33
01.Whole Lotta Love
05./06./07.Bowie Medley

Andrew Brignac
01.Whole Lotta Love
02.Starlight
03.Mad World
04.Slow Ride
05./06./07.Bowie Medley

lberg224
01.Whole Lotta Love
03.Mad World
04.Slow Ride
05./06./07.Bowie Medley

sarajean10
02.Starlight

L12900's channel
02.Starlight
04.Slow Ride
08.Don't Stop Believing

Lees BiggestFan
02.Starlight
03.Mad World

JFF
03.Mad World
08.Don't Stop Believing

ohoudsaad
03.Mad World
08.Don't Stop Believing

kaijabby
03.Mad World

smudge1110
03.Mad World
05./06./07.Bowie Medley

Lauren Spillers
03.Mad World

AI8MNtour
04.Slow Ride
"It is what it is!"
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Little Bee' date='Sep 1st 2009, 11:17 AM'

Today is the 41st date of the tour - :clap:

Photos

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Silvia' date='Sep 1st 2009, 8:01 PM'

lisamalec: @adamlambert Are you ready for Minneapolis? I'm ready for the show, looking forward to seeing you, you're my American Idol. Look 4 me lol
24 minutes ago from web

A2Townie: @adamlambert Brought young kids to show, didn't cover their eyes during WLL, but covered their ears during Gokey's set. Am I bad parent? Y/N
25 minutes ago from web
'fangurl1964' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 4:09 AM'

10:07

Twitter mmskogs: oh myyyyyyyyyyyyy sexy

Twitter devoncarrots: adam has elvis hair. I need to go fix my make up

Twitter mmskogs: the crowd is all over him! elvishair

10:10

Twitter mmskogs: holy freak mic stand!
10:10

Twitter mmskogs: he totally freaked it

Holy geez..... fcuk turned to freak in these twats LOL
'fangurl1964' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 4:15 AM'

10:11

Twitter lmb61: Holy crap
10:11

Twitter devoncarrots: LOL ADAMS VOICE IS SO HIGH AND PRECIOUS
10:13

Twitter devoncarrots: OMG WE HAVE 3 ONTD AI PPL GOING TO THE AFTER PARTY
10:13

Twitter heartsasmagnets: Adam tearing up starlight!
10:14

Twitter mmskogs: everyones on their feet for muse
10:14

Twitter mmskogs: is he real?!

'fangurl1964' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 4:18 AM'

10:15

Twitter mmskogs: burst of screams for mad world!
10:15

Twitter devoncarrots: let's go watch donnie darko guys.
10:17

Twitter devoncarrots: the echoes are creeping me out.
10:18

Twitter devoncarrots: the cute adam boy fan that I *~flirted with is prob shittin his pants rn

Twitter mmskogs: hello teacher whtats my lesson is my fav part!!

Twitter devoncarrots: adams eyemake up is gorgeous

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'fangurl1964' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 4:24 AM'

10:20

Twitter mmskogs: adison is cute but not in a creepy way!
10:20

Twitter devoncarrots: i think he said baby I wasn't rly paying attention
10:21

Twitter mmskogs: wow awesome duet!!!
10:22

Twitter lmb61: Holy crap hh is hotttt!!!
10:22

Twitter jacquelyncr: slow ride duet definite fav so far
10:23

Twitter lmb61: Sounds odd

Twitter mmskogs: bowie!!

Twitter devoncarrots: EVERYONE THAT TOLD ME TO DO crap, I'LL TRY BUT, IDK. IM DEAD RIGHT NOW
'Charmqn' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 4:24 AM'

Twitter jacquelyncr: slow ride duet definite fav so far
'fangurl1964' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 4:28 AM'

10:24

Twitter mmskogs: woah!!!!!! pelvis thursts all over the place!!
10:24

Twitter devoncarrots: adam def saw drake yesterday
10:25

Twitter mmskogs: i died 3 times tonight!! million
10:26

Twitter mmskogs: holy guns!!!!!
10:27

Twitter devoncarrots: he also shaved his pits

Twitter mmskogs: woooooowwwww!! speechless

Twitter mmskogs: krissssssss,!!!!

Twitter lmb61: Shirt off
<---- ??????????????
'fangurl1964' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 4:32 AM'

10:28

Twitter lmb61: Excuse me while i go have a smoke!
10:29

Twitter mmskogs: woah big screams for kris!

Twitter jazzy_chey: I AM DEAD ON THE FLOOR

Twitter devoncarrots: THAT WAS THE LONGEST NOTE EVER KRIS

Twitter jazzy_chey: Woman and elvis hair

Twitter devoncarrots: he raised his arms up, there's no hair. LOL(adam)
10:30

Twitter mmskogs: we are both wearing plaid!

Twitter jazzy_chey: THIS CROWD WENT ABSOLUTELY INSANE FOR HIM I HONESTLY CANNOT EXPLAIN WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO ME AND HOW I FEEL
'fangurl1964' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 4:36 AM'

Twitter lmb61: Hot pocket is hot

10:32

Twitter jazzy_chey: BOWIE MEDLEY WAS XTRA HOTTTT SERIOUSLY I AM FLAILING AND I FEEL BAD FOR THE PEOPLE IN FRONT OF ME I THINK I BLEW THEIR EARS OUT

Twitter lmb61: How can any one person be sooooo sexy? Adam is unreal

Twitter mmskogs: i got soul but im not a soldier
'joooory' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 5:17 AM'

adamlambertFollow @JPacittiMusic We bonded major during Hollywood Week of Idol. This gorgeous woman's got such a voice

adamlambertSimian Mobile Disco's new album Temporary Pleasure is so sick...
'Silvia' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 5:31 AM'

Yep Image

And a new glambulge tribute

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6zAwyrSiII[/bbvideo]
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Charmqn' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 5:50 AM'

Jerilin:

# Megan just got on the bus didnt sign :(less than 20 seconds ago from mobile web

#
Twitpics sent??! My phone told me they didnt!!WTF phone??!Saw Allison get on the bus!-hasnt signed yet tho.OMG here they r-saw Scott!!2 minutes ago from mobile web

#
Others sound much better liveother favs were Allison and Matt-Allison rocked it out andLOVE her voiceStill freakin ovr Adamis this real life10 minutes ago from mobile web

#
Adam was AMAZING-his voice filled entire stadium went by way fast and I felt like I was ina trance-truly magic!Crowd went NUTS for him!!!
'Charmqn' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 6:52 AM'

from tonight:

'Charmqn' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 7:07 AM'

'engelani84' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 7:33 AM'

pics from tonihgt's show ... sorry don't know how to post them yet.. so here are the links

http://www.twitpic.com/g67tm

http://www.twitpic.com/g6b4o/full

http://www.twitpic.com/g6amh/full

http://www.twitpic.com/g69av/full
MsAdamsEve' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 7:40 AM'

'MsAdamsEve' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 7:45 AM'

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 8:42 AM'

Definitely not great quality, but you get the gist....

'mindchnger' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 9:05 AM'

Fame from St. Louis!

:devil:
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'glitterynfierce' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 8:42 PM'

Here is the article - not so bad, really - he just liked Alison more - thought Adam was 'theatrical' (whatever). You guys should read the comments people left on this article - lots of Adam love:

(Picture of top 4 during DSB where they look like they are in a glass box!)
From left, American Idols Danny Gokey, Adam Lambert, Kris Allen and Allison Iraheta were all on stage for the final song of the evening, “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey. Iraheta stole the show with a big voice and a goose bump-inducing cover of Joplin’s “Cry Baby.”

Adam Lambert took his turn, but the night belonged to Allison Iraheta, 17, who owned the stage.

By JON BREAM, Star Tribune

Last update: September 1, 2009 - 11:15 PM

The millions of people who watched "American Idol" this season, the thousands of people who are reading this review, and the 10,500 people who turned out at Target Center Tuesday night knew that American Idols Live was going to be the Glambert Show.

Wrong. Oh so wrong. No, Kris Allen, the "Idol" winner, wasn't the star of the show either. The youngest finalist, Allison Iraheta, all of 17, absolutely stole the evening.

Sounding like the love child of Janis Joplin and Steven Tyler, the flame-haired California girl showed a big voice, big presence and big emotion. To be sure, she can wail, but she was all about range, power and control. She made believers of concertgoers young and old with a pugnacious performance of Pink's "So What." She commanded the barren, too-large stage with a riveting, goose-bump inducing reading of Joplin's "Cry Baby," and then tore it up on Heart's "Barracuda." What a rock-star turn!

Not that Adam Lambert, who is going to be the biggest star that "Idol" has turned out, didn't have a rock-star turn. Looking like a young Elvis Presley with guyliner, dressed in a leather-and-studs outfit perhaps inspired by Tina Turner in "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome," Glambert unleashed his huge voice on Led Zeppelin's bodaciously rocking "Whole Lotta Love." But as that song went on, the 27-year-old veteran of many a stage musical got more and more theatrical. And he continued in that mode. Muse's "Starlight" was dreamy and dramatic, and Tears for Fears' "Mad World" was eerily moody.

Then Iraheta joined Lambert for Foghat's "Slow Ride" and showed who's bad. She sang with more fire in her belly, though he uncorked a more piercing scream. And she strutted with more rock 'n' roll panache as he looked a bit awkward trying to be a rock star. After that duet, Lambert returned to his comfort zone with a David Bowie medley that was, at turns, theatrical, campy and ultimately fun.

Then it was time for this year's "Idol." Kris Allen following Adam Lambert is like John David Booty replacing Brett Favre -- except Booty has a cooler name. Although Allen, 24, was warm and as likable as puppy dog, his performance was about as plain as his plaid shirt, especially after what had preceded him.

Performing in reverse order of their finish on "Idol," contestants 5 (Matt Giraud), 4 (Iraheta), 3 (Danny Gokey) and 2 (Lambert) were unquestionably the best consecutive run ever in the eight seasons of Idols Live. Giraud, who was in touch with his inner soul man on TV, unexpectedly cut loose on Otis Redding's "Too Hard to Handle" and the Fray's "You Found Me." While Gokey tried too hard to sell up-tempo tunes by Michael Jackson and Santana (with his Ricky Martin of Milwaukee shtick), this televangelist in waiting was terrific on the Rascal Flatts' power ballads "What Hurts the Most" and "My Wish."

As for the other five finalists, in honor of the nurturing, departing judge Paula Abdul, I'll say only Paula-annish things; that would be that Anoop Desai has an attractive voice for soul stylings, and Megan Joy looked fabulous all vamped up in a shiny, pink-lemonade-colored mini-dress.
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Jerilin' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 10:33 PM'

Ok here's the link to my Minneapolis pictures :) I have some good ones of Adam but not many great ones because my hands were hardcore shaking during his entire set. What do you expect when the man's walking sex :haha: :devil: Sorry I'm posting these so late but I didn't get home until 4:30am and I had class at 9 :wacko:
Link to Pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1018...9685&ref=nf

(I commented on some of the Adam ones and in the album description tried to highlight some stuff from the concert :flowers: )
I will copy and paste that here though:

Key Highlights:
-got very few great pictures of Adam because my hands were shaking during his entire set-the ENTIRE crowd stood before his intro even played and did not sit down until Kris came out.
-Had messy elvis hair instead of Emo.
-Said Wooooman you need love tonight and not Baaaby you need.Woooman note dragged on for many seconds and "shook the rafters". Never heard a better singer in all my life. Even more amazing live than in recordings.
-My ears were ringing from the amount of screaming going on during his set.
-He got a blue bra and a multicolor boa thrown at him during his duet with Allison (Slow Ride)
-He's sex personified and some of the dance moves he did should be illegal.
-I also really enjoyed Allison,Matt and Kris (in order of how much I like them)
-I met all the Idols who came out to sign. Adam and Anoop didn't come out :(
-I got pics and autographs of all the idols who came out to sign.
-I was in the second row or so at the barricades-I started in the fourth but sweet talked my way further toward the front.
-The idols didn't come out for two hours after the show ended so my feet and back got nice and sore-but it was worth it. There was an annoying bongo drum player sitting right behind us at the barricades playing the same thing over and over.
-Adams set seemed like it was 3min long instead of 20 because I was in a trance- :wub:
-He hit tons of high notes tonight-didn't hold back.
-I think he was tired however from his photoshoot in L.A. the night before and not feeling the best. That's probably why he didn't come out to sign.
-Most of the idols sounded better than they did on the show besides Megan. Matt and Kris were a lot better than I was expecting. Allison of course was AMAZING and is my number two!!!
-Matt G is an amazing piano player!! Mans got skills. His voice however is good not great.
-I was roaming in MN so that's why I sent some twitpics like 5 times b/c my phone was telling me they weren't sending
-Overall the concert was AMAZING and Adam completely blew my expectations away-yes he is that good!!!
-Met Shayla (Screengems) and her family and got a picture with her :)
-Didn't get home until 4:30am!!!
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Plant' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 5:54 AM'

I didn't really get any great pictures of Adam last night in MN, but I figured I'd share anyway because there are never enough Adam pics in the world, right?

I love how his arm is like right in the spotlight here. Almost like he's reaching for it.

Cheeky smirk.

Workin the mic stand

See, the smoke was my main problem. Even though it looks cool, it is hard to get a good pick. He almost looks like a shadow in this one. Oddly sexy to me.

Takin it off

Return to “2009 American Idol Tour”