2009-09-02 Allstate Arena (Rosemont, IL)

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

SET LIST:

Whole Lotta Love
Starlight
Mad World
Slow Ride
Life on Mars
Fame
Let’s Dance
Don't Stop Believing

luvyduvvy
01.Whole Lotta Love
03.Mad World
04.Slow Ride
05./06./07: Bowie Medley

Dees Vids
01.Whole Lotta Love
03.Mad World
05./06./07.Bowie Medley

Sandi324's channel
01.Whole Lotta Love
03.Mad World
06./07. Bowie Medley

angelos11
01.Whole Lotta Love

andri3493
01.Whole Lotta Love
03.Mad World
04.Slow Ride

ѕ υ в ѕ c r ι в e→♥
01.Whole Lotta Love
02.Starlight
03.Mad World
04.Slow Ride

The Lambosessives' Lair
01.Whole Lotta Love
05./06./07.Bowie Medley

lovebugg7744
02.Starlight
05./06./07. Bowie Medley
08.Don't Stop Believing

Super Fan Girl of Like 8 Bands here!!
02.Starlight

Doglvr4evr
03.Mad World

Brandon Perlow
03.Mad World

Fredward
03.Mad World

AdamLambertlver
03.Mad World

blounderground
08.Don't Stop Believing

thegreatchachi
08.Don't Stop Believing
"It is what it is!"
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Little Bee' date='Sep 2nd 2009, 3:05 PM'

Today is the 42nd date of the tour - :clap:

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'*lambchop*' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 1:52 AM'

mindchngerJust leaving now for the show. I've got butterflies in my stomach
about 1 hour ago from TwitterFon

mindchngerChicago better bring it tonight for @adamlambert. Actually, sh*t, I should have brought something to throw on stage
39 minutes ago from TwitterFon

mindchngerHoly f*ck! Just got to my seats and they are a lot closer to the stage than I thought they'd be. And the stage isnt really high at all.
3 minutes ago from TwitterFon

mindchngerPeople in the first row could probably get onto the stage if they wanted to
2 minutes ago from TwitterFon

mindchngerStage is much tinier than it appears in vids
half a minute ago from TwitterFon

mindchngerLot of people still filing in. In one o the short welcome vids a lot of screams for Kris and Adam!
less than 5 seconds ago from TwitterFon
'*lambchop*' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 1:56 AM'

mindchngerSeriously Adam is the only one getting screams EVERY time his face is on the screen. Couple times now already
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'joooory' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 4:20 AM'

lilmissjenAdam Lambert singing 'Mad World'... *swoon*
less than a minute ago from txt

juliechristineb@adamlambert TOTALLY just gave his microphone stand a handjob ;)
'fangurl1964' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 4:31 AM'

10:25
brennaftw: nfkf http://twitpic.com/g9q59
10:27
shellllmrc36: Damn adam ROCKIN THT TANKKK
10:28
caratweets: Omg @adamlambert just took off his jacket during Bowie medley & THE CROWD WENT WIIILD. Omg his guns look amaaaaazing too crap
10:28
mocasinbojangle: yep those pits are shaved.
10:29
mocasinbojangle: lets dance!
caratweets: Also his hair looks fierce as hale. PERFECTION, Adam, keep it this way!
shellllmrc36: u must be blindd 2 sayy adamm isnt sexyy as helllll
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'joooory' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 4:31 AM'

juliechristineb@adamlambert JUST. DID. THE. HOTTEST. PREFORMANCE. EVER!!!!!!!!!
half a minute ago from txt
'*lambchop*' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 4:34 AM'

mindchngerOh my f*cking god. Adam

mindchngerSo iincredoble no words to describe
1 minute ago from TwitterFon

mindchngerEmo hair woman beach ball onstage during slow ride which he kicked away

mindchngerRed boa thrown back durin fame
less than 10 seconds ago from TwitterFon
'Silvia' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 4:37 AM'

STRBND1 @adamlambert is so talented!
22 minutes ago from txt

Vdrstar ADAM LAMBERT JUST BLEW MY MINDDDDDDDDD!!!!!! bb
5 minutes ago from TwitterFon
'*lambchop*' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 4:38 AM'

mindchngerEveryone stood up for Adams entire set

mindchngerThe screams were glass shattering during Adams intro vid
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'*lambchop*' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 4:42 AM'

mindchngerKris is really killin it too. He's such a talented musician, but damn Adam just slayed everyone
less than a minute ago from TwitterFon

pearl13Last time ill be seeing Adam Lambert from the fckin balcony! Dead people here.
half a minute ago from txt
'*lambchop*' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 4:43 AM'

mindchngerAdam really is so skinny in person. Absolutely stunning looking
1 minute ago from TwitterFon
'fangurl1964' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 4:46 AM'

10:30
brandymw79: Adam did awesme up next the american idol himself kris allen
ibevita: Boa and fuzzy handcuffs for Adam.
caratweets: POCKET IDOL TIIIIMMMME!!!! :D
10:31
shellllmrc36: KRIS KRIS KRIS KRIS
10:31
mocasinbojangle: bb kris. ily
10:33
caratweets: Holy crap Kris' hair is perfection, too, A+ boys!!!!! :D
ibevita: Kris http://mypict.me/vW5t
pjd65: Wow - my face hurts from smiling - Adam was great
10:34
pjd65: From the side Kris' curtain looks weird
10:35
pjd65: Oops you probably know + emo and woman
10:36
caratweets: Omg @almosttomorocco, my bb Pocket Idol is doing the Killers' "All These Things That I've Done," and I'm dyyyiiinnng.
10:39
pjd65: Hope he doesn't fall into the hole in the stage
10:42
shellllmrc36: KRISS<3 AINT NO SUNSHINNEEE
10:42
pjd65: Aint no sunshine was nice
10:43
ibevita: Hmm, Kris is rubbing his thighs while he sits at the piano. Nice view.
10:43
shellllmrc36: kris moves sooo slickkllyy:):)
'*lambchop*' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 5:07 AM'

adamlambertChicago! Thank you for all the noise! Nice and rowdy! Hell yeah!

Nice & rowdy, eh? :devil:
'*lambchop*' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 5:28 AM'

mindchngerSurrounded by Adam fans at the barricades. Met the two girls go pau Ted the gorgeous portrait of Adam and took pics of it. Adam saw it...

mindchngerDuring DSB and pointed at it

mindchngerAdam chants at the barricades
'fangurl1964' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 5:37 AM'

11:28
shellllmrc36: i was always a Kris girll,but Adam totally took the prize tonite.
11:32
Becky_DeStalker: Who thought drama at an idol show!! That would never happen at a Cook show, right guys????
11:33
Becky_DeStalker: I cannot understand calling a 14 year old a fat ass!! Who are we calling disrespectful now???
11:34
ibevita: Gokey family member sitting next to me was really impressed with Adam's singing. The boy was definitely on fire tonight. Voice and hips.
11:36
ibevita: There is an "Adam look a like" taking pics with fans. He's rockin' the gauges and brown hair.
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'*lambchop*' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 7:02 AM'

mindchngerGot Adams sig! Didn't get to say anything to him bc I was so fr away but I ot a lot of video of him signing atuff
'*lambchop*' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 7:04 AM'

mindchngerHe is so sweet
'*lambchop*' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 7:07 AM'

mindchngerOh my f*cking god he is just stunning. The girls whoade the awesome portrait are stoked that I got video of Adams reaction to it.
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 8:17 AM'

I'm going to give a very abbreviated review.... all of the Idols sounded really great. Other people have said that in their reviews and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by everyone. Great job guys!

As soon as Danny started his sermon, which actually was not bad at all tonight -- not preachy, my heart started to go aflutter in anticipation of Adam. About halfway through Danny's last song I was standing up with camera in hand ready to record. The lights went out and everyone else stood up as well. No one that I saw was sitting down. The screams were deafening, and as soon as Adam's intro vid started, the screaming ratcheted up another level... which I did not think was possible.

I really was not prepared for Adam live, even after seeing countless videos from other shows. He just sounds so different in person, and my god, he just looks STUNNING in the flesh. He came out with emo hair. Some gyrations along the right and left side, though nothing too crazy. Microbation and WOMAN!!! The last note of WLL was just killer. He gave a shoutout to Chicago, like he does in every city. Starlight was absolutely beautiful... even better than any video I've seen. I loved it so much and he was just gorgeous. I actually started to shake a little during Mad World, just because it was only then that it sort of hit me that "I WAS SEEING ADAM F*CKING LAMBERT" live. Mad World was gorgeous. Adam was really playful with Allison tonight during Slow Ride. It was a lot of fun. During the song a beach ball began to bounce around in the crowd and eventually made its way onstage near Adam. Adam kicked it off :haha: Bowie Medley=OMFG. So amazing. Life on Mars, wow. And then of course once Adam took off the jacket everyone really started freaking the f*ck out. Adam did his usual moves, but nothing really crazy. It was relatively tame as compared to some other nights, but maybe we've got the bar so high now that our version of "tame" is really not so :D I mean, he definitely did the thrusts, some gyrations, some undulating, so I really cannot complain at all! I believe it was during Fame that he picked up this red boa that made it onstage. Didn't play with it though, just tossed it right back into the crowd. Let's Dance was awesome and everyone started clapping along.. and then he hit the last note and BB was gone :'( No Kradam dance during DSB, but Adam just sorta danced on his own. No glory note either, but it was all more than good. The show went by really quick. Adam's set went by really quick. It always seems like that while listening to the cellcasts, but sh*t, when you see him live all you want is to see MORE of him.

I opted to try my luck at the barricades. Lil, Megan, and Allison all came out one right after the other. Then Anoop, Scott, and Danny. And then Adam, OMFG. I really was not expecting him to come out at all! At this point I had made friends with some ladies in front of me and one was awesome enough to get all of the idols who came out to sign my tour program. For Adam, I brought along one of my copies of RS, and I was able to get him to sign that for me. I was 3rd row back in the barricades, so not close enough to say anything to him really, but my god, the man REALLY IS STUNNING. I mean, beyond beautiful. And he's so tall. He chatted with people at the very front and he was just super sweet. I met the girls who painted this amazing portrait of Adam and he was just floored when he saw it. He actually saw it during DSB and pointed it out, but this time was able to sign it for them. Yay for that. I heard that Kris also came out and started at the very back, but I have no idea if that is true.

So yeah, I am floored. I got awesome vids of Adam's set, Hey Jude, DSB, and signing at the barricades! The downside is that although I did try to look up and actually WATCH HIM quite a bit, I feel like I missed out on a lot. But still, I'm glad that I have these keepsakes to remember the experience by.
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 9:09 AM'

This is a still from my Bowie Medley vid... check out the guns on this baby! :D~

'Vortex' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 9:30 AM'

Just got back from Allstate Arena. I'm tired but I'll try to write a review here before I crash.

Our seats were dead center up in the balcony section, not as far away as I thought they'd be since this is a relatively small arena. So the view was good but the Idols appeared to be only 10 inches tall from that distance. That was alright; I was mostly there just to hear Adam's voice in real life. The Allstate's acoustics have always been horrendous IMO, however, I felt everyone still managed to sound fairly good.

Michael was a good surprise right off the bat. He sounded way better than I remembered from the show, he interacted with the crowd the most and I felt he managed to get the place going well enough. Of course get-the-crowd-going is a relative term that only applies to the floor section and perhaps the lower side sections; up there in Section 214 where I was people were barely awake and this goes for the entire concert. More on that later.

Megan can't sing worth a damn but she looked really good. Lil was lukewarm and despite the fact that her songs were all uptempo, she couldn't energize the room. That girl needs major help with her performance skills, IMO. Oh, and that keyboard player during Single Ladies needs to be taken out back and smacked for being incompetent. The (off) keys he was hitting were really painful to listen to!

Scott, Anoop and Matt were all fine but not exceptional though I did come away appreciating all three more than before. They try hard and seem to really want to do their best up there. For me, the best part about the first six was their group performance right before the intermission. But maybe that's because I haven't looked for any videos of it before so it ended up being sort of a surprise.

Allison kicked ass, as I expected she would. She's a real live one and knows how to cover a stage. Her voice is really stunning live. We loved her!

Gokey. What can I say? I'm glad that the sight of his jacket removal maneuver did not get permanently burned into my retina. He needs to cease all attempts at dancing as well as all preaching. His words might have carried more meaning and would probably have been a bit more touching had I not known that he's been coughing up the exact same speech for the past forty odd concerts now. As it was, I could hardly wait for him to shut up.

Up until this time, almost nobody stood up in my section except a few people here and there. I thought this would all change during Adam's set but I was wrong. I tweeted later that everyone was dead and it's true. I think I was the only one who jumped to my feet right as I clapped my eyes on Adam and I immediately felt everyone scowling at me. This was a section in which I was surrounded by Adam fans! WTF?? Later some of my neighbors got up but then they all sat down again so I did too because people were giving me dirty looks. I felt like I've landed on some planet with zombies who couldn't or wouldn't enjoy themselves. Ughh. I'm used to hard rocking, loud screaming, lyrics shouted at the top of your lungs kind of rock concerts and this was just sad, sad, sad to me. If people can't even be moved by Adam gyrating on stage in front of them, can they be moved by anything? So frustrating!

That said, the screaming was indeed loudest for Adam and it was constant, even during Mad World in places. Adam's voice was breathtaking on Starlight, just beautiful in an almost otherworldly way. WLL killed me! I so badly wanted to be out of my seat just dancing the hell out of it... somewhere else with people who wanted to party! Words fail me for the Bowie medley and how insanely, adamgasmically good it was. You all know anyway.

Kris. Not impressed, sorry. He was like a tranquilizer shot to me and I even caught my 10 year old daughter yawning. Two big Kris fans were sitting right in front of me who would scream loudly every time his face appeared on the screens only to sit quietly during his entire set. They barely even cheered or clapped for him. I don't get that!

We braved the barricades because it was a fairly warm evening and my daughter really wanted Allison and Adam to sign her arm. At 11pm, Lil, Megan, Allison, Anoop, Scott, Danny, Matt all came out one after another. Kris came out near the buses at the other end from where we were standing and a lot of people rushed to see him. We didn't want to leave and he never came down the line at all. He left shortly thereafter. Allison signed my daughter's arm and I have fairly good pics of all the idols. Allison signed pretty much everything people wanted her to and so did Anoop and Lil. Danny seemed to know a bunch of girls who were standing right in front of me and he leaned in to take pictures with all three of them. He looks more buff in person.

After his early tweet I really thought Adam would not be coming out, but he finally came out at about 11:45. He signed a lot at the beginning of the line and made it to us right at midnight. He was actually 2 feet away from me standing there with people screaming his name - he even motioned for people to cool it if I remember correctly - when his handler said no more after which Adam waved to the crowd then went away. Just our luck! I only got to take one picture of him but he looked thin and lovely in person. My daughter, who was previously not as pumped about the whole Idol concert as I was, was really disappointed that Adam couldn't sign her arm when he was so close to us but I explained to her the way it works and how tired Adam is after a show. Just glad we got to see him at all!

Night everyone, sorry for the long post! Oh, and Adam I <3 you!
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 9:51 AM'

'mindchnger' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 9:57 AM'

2 more from Fame

'mindchnger' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 10:02 AM'

2 from Let's Dance

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 3rd 2009, 11:48 PM'

Damn :omg:
'Captivated' date='Sep 5th 2009, 3:55 AM'

-here are some screencaps from the wonderful video footage by mindchnger - from the Rosemount show:

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Charmqn' date='Sep 5th 2009, 7:48 AM'

God I want to be Allison:

haha :haha:
'Charmqn' date='Sep 5th 2009, 8:24 AM'

it was all innocent:

and then along the line it went to this:

'adamspore' date='Sep 10th 2009, 4:47 PM'

American Idol's Top 10 rock Allstate Arena

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ... Blast off...

American Idol launched its Top 10 finalists into cities all over America, and on Sept. 2, the performers landed in Rosemont for the American Idols Live concert tour.

A countdown performance, beginning with 10th place contestant Michael Sarver, heightened the anticipation of an audience already brimming with excitement. As I prepared for Season 8's best, I pondered whether I should have picked up a cheap pair of ear plugs.

Act I: Sarver opened the show with "I Just Want a Girl" by Gavin DeGraw. The Texas native delivered an upbeat performance; adequately warming up the crowd, Southern style. Megan Joy appeared next in a pretty-in-pink mini dress, short blond curls and a sassy swagger. She performed "Put Your Records On," by Corrine Bailey Rae and "Tears Dry on Their Own" by Amy Winehouse. Both songs suited her style, even if they appeared to be a little out of her vocal range.

Scott MacIntyre produced solid vocals in a Bruce Hornsby-ish sort of way with "Bend and Break," and Lil Rounds took a big chance with songs by Mary J. Blige, Alicia Keys and Beyonce. A tall order vocally and stylistically, but Rounds came through with a bold, in-your-face groove that generated the first rouse of the evening.

Sixth place performer Anoop Desai slowed things down with a classic version of "You Were Always on My Mind," then powered up with Bobby Brown's "My Prerogative." Enter Matt Giraud, who threw down with a party of his own. "Hard to Handle," the first song in his set, featured a fierce piano solo that made me thankful I wasn't manufactured by Steinway Corp. He followed that with a soulful rendition of the classic "Georgia on My Mind."

Act II: Allison Iraheta emerged against a flaming backdrop that coordinated with her fire-red hair, and dove right into Pink's "Rock Star." She then morphed into the voice and soul of Janice Joplin for "Cry Baby." Iraheta, affectionately nicknamed "fire pants" by her co-Idols, reminded us why she finished in the Top 4.

Danny Gokey, a sentimental fan favorite, performed an exuberant version of "PYT (Pretty Young Thing)" by Michael Jackson, along with three other songs. Giraud and Iraheta, however, were the only two performers who succeeded in getting the audience out of their chairs.

But that didn't last long...

When the sound of a techno-heartbeat began to reverberate through the building, a spontaneous outburst of excitement triggered thousands to jump to their feet.

Second place finisher Adam Lambert was in the house, and the mere mention of his name, or the flashing image of his face on the teletron, sent the audience into a glitter-induced frenzy. Seizing the moment, Lambert began his 30 minute set with Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love," and finished with a Bowie medley. His flawless vocals and seductive delivery left no doubt that he understands the full magnitude of his talent and appeal. In this entertaining army of Idols, Lambert has established himself as the Commander In Chief.

While other performers become stars, Lambert has the potential to achieve Super Nova status. Once he becomes liberated from "American Idol," he's projected to appear on another Top 10 list very quickly. Note to Billboard -- make some room.

Lambert's album debuts on November 24, one week after the release of Kris Allen's record.

The last solo performance of the evening belonged to Allen, who took center stage for "Heartless" by Kanye West/The Fray. Donning a flannel shirt, jeans, and an acoustic guitar, he served up first-rate performances of "Ain't No Sunshine," "Bright Lights" and "Hey Jude." The difference in the intensity level and stylistic contrast to Lambert's performance, however, did not go unnoticed.

The Top 10 idols concluded the show with an ensemble version of "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey, and a chorus of Steam's "Na Na Hey Hey (Kiss Him Goodbye").

Summing up the night, Lambert twittered his thoughts about Chicago's audience immediately after the show. "Chicago! Thank you for all the noise! Nice and rowdy!"

September 10, 2009

By JENNIFER MAURER Contributor

http://www.pioneerlocal.com/desplaines/ent...1009-s1.article

Return to “2009 American Idol Tour”