2009-09-06 Van Andel Arena (Grand Rapids, MI)

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

SET LIST:

Whole Lotta Love
Starlight
Mad World
Slow Ride
Life on Mars
Fame
Let’s Dance
Don't Stop Believing

Nolan Hayden
01.Whole Lotta Love
02.Starlight
03.Mad World
04.Slow Ride
05./06./07.Bowie Medley
08.Don't Stop Believing

trishaleigh77
01.Whole Lotta Love
03.Mad World

Jen Savage
01.Whole Lotta Love
06.Fame

All About Adam Lambert
01.Whole Lotta Love
02.Starlight
03.Mad World
04.Slow Ride
05./06./07:Bowie Medley

ivyrae09
02.Starlight
05./06./07.Bowie Medley

Emma Smith
02.Starlight

Brittany Shields
04.Slow Ride

Daavaaad
04.Slow Ride

Put Me In The Picture Promotions
06.Fame

Pre Show Interview and Press

"It is what it is!"
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Little Bee' date='Sep 6th 2009, 4:55 PM'

Today is the 45th date of the tour - :clap:

qoatg Photos
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life' date='Sep 6th 2009

PIC OF ADAM ARRIVING TODAY, COURTESY OF ALLISON (Grand Rapids tour thread):

'hollygo72' date='Sep 6th 2009, 11:43 PM'

Bringing a goody over of the Indianapolis thread!

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Silvia' date='Sep 7th 2009, 12:22 AM'

He might be tired but LA never tires

'Fier_E09' date='Sep 7th 2009, 3:02 AM'

adamlambert#signmattg. !!! @Immattgiraud is mad talented!!!!
'Fier_E09' date='Sep 7th 2009, 3:06 AM'

ImMattGiraud@adamlambert Duuuuuu!! Go out and show my city how we do it 'round here!! So glad to have you guys in my homeland.
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Silvia' date='Sep 7th 2009, 3:16 AM'

LukeStier: Adam is as freaky as ever

terrideboer: ADAM..the place is really rockin’!!

brennaftw: gjyj http://twitpic.com/gshzt

CrayolaLOLA1: Oh god this lady just whipped out her binoculars……Ewwwwwwwww

'Silvia' date='Sep 7th 2009, 3:19 AM'

mcaro05: Hearing adam live is a relgious experience

CrayolaLOLA1: Worst thing i feel the need to sing along and i cant…..freak you adam
9:15

brennaftw: dkdjf http://twitpic.com/gsir0

itsjuls: Emo woman backdoor man Omg!!!!! http://twitpic.com/gsige

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 7th 2009, 7:12 AM'

I got vids of Adam's set, Hey Jude, DSB, and multiple short barricade clips again... from the 2nd row!

Show was amazing. WLL was sick, as always. Emo hair. Woman. And he said BACKDOOR MAN!! :spaz: He also did some improvising after backdoor man. At the beginning of Starlight he kicked something off the stage, but I didn't get a glimpse of what it was. Starlight was beautiful. Mad World was gorgeous. Slow Ride was so much fun. Adam picked up a pair of grey boxer-briefs and handed them to Allison :roll: And then he picked up and threw a yellow boa back in the crowd, didn't play with it. Bowie Medley was HOOOOT. At the beginning of Fame someone threw a stuffed toy of some sort and it hit him in the hip, but he didn't seem fazed by it at all. Lots of sexy dancing, gyrating, undulating! Kradam kind of did some dancing together during DSB... but Kris just couldn't keep up with Adam's move :haha: Seemed like even more bubbles were released than normal... Adam was even like WTF. And last but not least, he did the glory note at the end of DSB!!! :spaz:

I decided to try the barricades again tonight, even though there wasn't anything set up. The crowd was ridiculous tonight. Adam came out to sign super early tonight... he was the first one out at like 10:40 or something and stayed for 45 minutes signing everyone's stuff. As soon as people caught sight of him, it was serious pandemonium! We first saw him when he came outside and went into the bus, but then he came out and started to sign for everyone. The entire back area was gated in and he just took his time and went around the entire length of the fence. We're talking HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of people here. He was so sweet about that and the crowd was very appreciative. I heard so many people praising him for that and for taking so much time with everyone, everyone was thanking him, etc. Got Adam's autographs again.... and spoke with him briefly. I told him "thank you for such an awesome show, you are so awesome." (Apparently the only adjective I could think of at the time was "awesome" :lol:). His eyes when he looks at you.... I died Image He was looking at me the whole time - those eyes are so piercing - and then he said "thank you" to me. He continued on his way down the line. I went all the way to the end because he just kept going and going to make sure he got everyone. I was just standing there watching him and then he came up to me and looked at me again with those piercing eyes. He was so gorgeous and I was completely mesmerized.. I couldn't say anything to him even though I had the chance again. I mean, I couldn't even tell him that he didn't have to sign my stuff again :haha: So of course he signed it again. And then that was it... he went on his way. A bunch of people yelled out thank yous to him and he replied in kind. He was just so sweet and appreciative... words cannot describe how amazing this guy is.
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'sugrkooky' date='Sep 7th 2009, 7:47 AM'

Taken from mlive.com

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'glitterynfierce' date='Sep 7th 2009, 8:31 AM'

While we wait, if you haven't checked out indybeck's new Indianapolis photos, you should go do so now:

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee314/i...20INDY/?start=0

She added more pics recently - there are now 65 of them - she does such wonderful job capturing Adam's essence. She should become his tour photographer!

BTW, I'm really loving his hair less styled recently - flove his hair in his face :wub:
'Libracats' date='Sep 7th 2009, 8:42 AM'

Wow, love the feeling in this picture!!
'MsAdamsEve' date='Sep 7th 2009, 8:57 AM'

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 7th 2009, 9:14 AM'

My vids are gonna take a while to load b/c of this sh*tty internet connection I'm on... so in the meantime, here's some caps from those vids:

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 7th 2009, 9:18 AM'

The undies have something spelled out in rhinestones... but I can't make it out :roll:

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 7th 2009, 9:20 AM'

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Silvia' date='Sep 7th 2009, 9:58 AM'

From Indianapolis (Indy's pics)

Looking straight into the camera

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 7th 2009, 10:26 PM'

All right you Skanks asked for it! Although this is the Grand Rapids tour thread, here's pictorial proof that Bowie was definitely hotter in Indy rather than Madison :P

Madison:

Fame

Let's Dance

Indy:

Fame

Let's Dance

I'll be posting .gifs from Grand Rapids in a few hours... gotta run some errands! :P
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 7th 2009, 10:38 PM'

A taste of Grand Rapids...... :muwahaha:

This is my new personal fav.... not only is this "Take it, take it, uh huh... owned, owned, owned!" but there's also the mini hip thrusts at the end!! :spaz: :D~
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Silvia' date='Sep 8th 2009, 4:46 AM'

Was this posted?

Review: Matt Giraud's dreams come true as he and fellow American Idols rock Grand Rapids
by Lorilee Craker | The Grand Rapids Press
Monday September 07, 2009, 4:40 AM

Though Adam Lambert undoubtedly set the crowd at Van Andel Arena ablaze Sunday night, and Kris Allen was superb, a near full house had already experienced the highlight of the "American Idol" live tour: Watching West Michigan's own Matt Giraud's dreams come true.

Giraud, who had noted in an interview earlier in the day that the night's performance was to be "one of the biggest nights of my life," must have been gratified by the crowd's uncorked response to his presence. As Mattie G tore into the Black Crow's "Hard to Handle" with zeal unseen on the show, it was clear he definitely lit the audience's "candles" in a big way.

"I used to play across the street, at the B.O.B," he said, grinning at thousands of fans in a packed arena.

4 OUT OF 4 STARS
Highlight: Matt Giraud's super fun "Hard to Handle," Adam Lambert and Allison Iraheta's stunning "Slow Ride," and Kris Allen's "Hey Jude."

Low point: Megan Joy's set, and some clunky transitions

Time onstage: 2 hours, 20 minutes

His vocal high-bar routine on "Georgia" was impressive; he's a gifted impresario. The 24-year-old got a little emotional during the song, perhaps catching the eye of a loved one, or just feeling the embrace of the "hometown" crowd.

Giraud doffed his jaunty signature porkpie hat to play and sing The Fray's "You Found Me." Take that, Simon Cowell (the Idol judge scorned Giraud's pick of that song on the show). He sounded fabulous, and throughout his all-too-short three-song set displayed that indefinable snap, crackle and pop that all stars have.

Along with a much-improved Scott MacIntyre, Giraud also did dueling piano duty couple of times throughout the show.

Giraud's mini-show may have been the emotional center of the two-plus hour Idolpalooza, but people had saved some major sugar for Adam Lambert, who, clad in leather head to toe, strode out like he owned the place (as in the state of Michigan, not just the arena.) It was definitely time to get out the earplugs when the crowd started screaming for Lambert like crazy people.

Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" was an apropos tune to kick off his super glam, white hot, four-song set.

His smokin' duet with Iraheta on Foghat's "Slow Ride" was rock 'n' roll vocalizing at its very best.

Not to sound like an 80-year-old lady in a cardigan (there were some of those in attendance), but Mr. Lambert at times veered into PG-13 territory with his ultra-sexual gyrations.

The woman next to me, a cool mom, said, "Are we at 'American Idol' or Chippendales?" haha.gif She definitely had a point. Sure, the guy can wail like nobody's business, but he might have saved some of his adult antics for his solo shows.

By the way, I thought his David Bowie montage, with asteroids and planets circling in the background, was trippy, wild, and irresistible -- that's Adam.

Lambert's a hard act to follow, but Kris Allen ripped into his sweet cover of Kanye's "Heartless" with so much heart and soul I for one quickly forgot his predecessor. He's got musical chops that go beyond vocals, which may be why the loveable Allen won the whole thing over his much-ballyhooed pal.

He accompanied himself first on an acoustic guitar, then on an electric guitar for his boisterous "Blackbird," which included a decent solo. "Ain't No Sunshine" had the young Arkansan seated at a baby grand piano, which he also played during his stellar "Hey Jude."

Other standouts
Danny Gokey got his Santana on with a torchy "Maria Maria."

Did Gokey take dance lessons? Because his little salsa around the mic stand was pretty credible.

He's a good, solid showman who should travel down the road of Rascal Flatts and their heartfelt, lyrically-rich music (the young widower touchingly referred to the death of his wife and what the tragedy has taught him between Flatt's "What Hurts the Most" and "My Wish.)

Iraheta's pipes were on fire with "Barracuda." There's no doubt that girl will sell a zillion records very soon.

Every year, I always think the Idol Top Ten are much better live than on the show, where nerves, pressure, and Simon often get the best of them. Michael Sarver, the 10th place finisher, was all confidence and rock solid vocals. 8th place McIntyre entertained as well, poking fun at Ryan Seacrest's infamous high five to the blind singer, and singing and playing a very well done cover of Vanessa Carleton's "A Thousand Miles."

Lil Rounds was full of swagger during her set, belting out "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" and getting the crowd to boogie with her.

I know, I know. I haven't mentioned Anoop Desai or Megan Joy. They looked great! And that's my official Paula Abdul statement on the matter. (Actually, Desai has a beautiful voice, but his song choices meandered too much.)

Link
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 8th 2009, 6:28 AM'

On my Macbook, I use Snapz Pro X to capture the image, Quicktime to make an image sequence out of the clip, and then GifFun to animate the images

During "backdoor man" :P
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 8th 2009, 6:41 AM'

Bendy, bendy!

This is why we need the Adam licking his lips smiley... he's constantly doing it!
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 8th 2009, 6:54 AM'

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 8th 2009, 8:06 AM'

This sh*t's about to get even more REAL..... :muwahaha:

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'mindchnger' date='Sep 8th 2009, 6:16 PM'

So adorable! :wub:
'glitterynfierce' date='Sep 10th 2009, 5:26 AM'

Grand Rapid - Barricades. Got from ALN-AAA (credit Cowgirl):

The show:
This looks like it was drawn!
This one is cool!
Looks like they are touching :wub:

Return to “2009 American Idol Tour”