2011-11-06 European Music Awards - QAL PERFORMANCE

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Nov 6th 2011, 8:00 PM'

Claire_KMx: Can't believe I saw Queen live never mind with Adam Lambert. Truly a night to remember. Absolutely amazing. #EMAS

holleem: Had such an amazing night at @mtvema Queen and Adam Lambert stole the show!! Such an immense performance!!

Neilkkcw: On way home from MTV awards in Belfast, what a show and what a line up....have to say queen and Adam lambert were excellent

JakeRoman: Adam Lambert and Queen absolutely destroyed that performance..there still is talent in the music industry!

::roll::

CaroLambs carol fortunato Do you all think that maroon 5 guy knows who Adam Lambert is now?
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Nov 6th 2011, 8:02 PM'

loudixon: Adam Lambert and Queen the performance of the night at #MTVEMA

LuvThaFunk Suzanne 2000 new followers in an hr for Adam!!! WoW!!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'sealuv' date='Nov 6th 2011, 8:18 PM'

had to post the two year interval shots...Adam has matured into a true one of a kind Rock Star......

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'bebeg' date='Nov 6th 2011, 8:44 PM'

They should be ready to really ride this wave of excitement. If they were smart they would be making announcements this week - either when the single will be released or actually releasing it this week.
Nina Garcia has seen the video and pictures.....

hockeychick57 Amanda
@ninagarcia thought you would enjoy this picture of adam lambert performing with queen twitpic.com/7bllsr love his coat!

ninagarcia Nina Garcia
WOW! RT @hockeychick57: @ninagarcia thought you would enjoy this picture of @adamlambert twitpic.com/7bllsr love his coat!”

Glamtravler Trish
@ninagarcia Adam's performance with Queen: He was spectacular! youtube.com/watch?v=XPGFWX… #AdamLambert #Queen #Medley

ninagarcia Nina Garcia
@Glamtravler OMG! GREAT Performance! So proud of him!

gaaraluver Stella Sabaku
@ninagarcia Hi Nina. In case you haven't seen it yet,here's Adam performing with Queen at the MTV EMA tonight youtu.be/XPGFWXYxGvM :)

ninagarcia Nina Garcia
@gaaraluver Great performance... he is soooOOo talenteD!

ev_angel Daniela Costa
@ninagarcia youtube.com/watch?v=XPGFWX… You said you wanted it so here it is! ;) @adamlambert sounded and looked amazing right?

ninagarcia Nina Garcia
@ev_angel Amazing amazing!

GrayBooWho Gray ^V^
@ninagarcia Nina, did you see Adam's Queen performance?!

ninagarcia Nina Garcia
@GrayBooWho Yes I did! Amazing!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Nov 6th 2011, 8:51 PM'

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks...-001809495.html

.........Adam Lambert Rejoins Queen For Brilliant “Surprise” MTV EMAs Performancerding to
..By Lyndsey Parker

It is an indisputable fact that Adam Lambert's Season 8 finale collaboration with Queen stands as one of THE best "American Idol" moments ever. Even the members of Queen themselves were so impressed at the time by Adam's now-legendary performance, they reportedly invited him to join their band permanently. According to "Idol" lore, Adam politely declined their flattering offer--and it sure was a flattering one, considering that he was, for all intents and purposes, being asked to fill Freddie Mercury's mighty big platform boots--and he later said this was all a rumor. But it was easy to see how such a rumor had gotten started, since Queen and Adam seemed like a perfect fit. Anyway, Queen subsequently held an online talent search for a new singer, and Adam went on to become a solo superstar...but there was always the possibility that the two would someday join forces again. And this weekend, that possibility was thrillingly realized, as Adam stunningly sang with Queen's Brian May and Roger Taylor at the MTV Europe Music Awards.

This show-closing performance was supposed to be a surprise...but when Dan Kanter, guitarist for fellow EMAs performer Justin Bieber, tweeted Saturday from the EMAs rehearsals in Belfast, "Yo @adamlambert! Good to see you dude, can't wait to see you kill it w/ #Queen"...well, the combined mass Twitter population of Glamberts and Beliebers spread the word fast. (Dan later deleted his telltale tweet, but on the Interweb, nothing is ever really permanently deleted.) So, by the time the EMAs aired the following day, excitement among Adam fans--all waiting and yearning for another watershed moment as fabulous as Adam and Queen's 2009 "Idol" spectacle--was at a feverish high.

It was worth the wait. Ending the EMAs with a salute to Freddie Mercury, who was being posthumously and rightfully honored with the Global Icon Award, Adam and Queen blasted through a medley of "The Show Must Go On," "We Will Rock You," and "We Are The Champions"...and it was a performance of champions, indeed. My only MINOR complaints: There should have been maybe 17 more Queen songs, as this performance was way too brief; Adam was never announced by name (damn you, Selena Gomez!); and a video tribute to Freddie featuring speeches by fans and colleagues, like the one Amy Winehouse received, would have been a nice addition (hearing Adam TALK about Freddie would've been cool too).

But otherwise, this was just about perfect. THIS was an example of an awards show done right, people. The MTV VMAs may drum up headlines for Kanye West/Taylor Swift feuds and meatdresses, but this year, the VMAs' European equivalent just let real talent and great music leave the biggest impression and have the final word.

"What an enormous honor to sing w QUEEN! I could feel the spirit of Mercury alive on stage tonight! Thank u Brian and Roger and crew. LOVE," Adam tweeted after the show. It was fantastic and nostalgic to see Adam back with his old "Idol" finale partners, and while I am obviously glad he chose to forge his own musical path rather than join Queen on a permanent basis, I do hope this isn't the last time we'll see them share a stage. Considering how well they work together, I have a feeling that they will, they will rock us again, one day.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Nov 6th 2011, 8:57 PM'

ohnotheydidnt: Adam Lambert + Queen make everyone else look like a hot-ass mess at the MTV EMA's http://goo.gl/fb/hPYow

NJLovinLambert Andrea L.
Adam's uhh crotch in this pic LOL!! RT @adam_pictures: Adam and David Hasselhoff. http://twitpic.com/7bmqst
Tropicgrl42: Look--> http://lockerz.com/s/153932000
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'sweetdramaqueen' date='Nov 6th 2011, 9:03 PM'

By pinkforgirls

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Nov 6th 2011, 9:16 PM'

CDWOWAU cdwow.com.au Good to see #Queen alive and kicking with @adamlambert at #MTVEMA really wanted to hear more! http://youtu.be/XPGFWXYxGvM
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Nov 6th 2011, 9:43 PM'

UhHuhHerMusic @ @adamlambert So proud of you my brotha! You never cease to impress me. Loved seeing you in all your glory up there! xx

nilerodgers Get down Adam- That was smoking - If Brian May reached out that's really saying a lot! Not many can hang with Queen-Bravo!

nilerodgers Talk to you from the other side of the pond-I have a funny message from @Adamlambert on my answering machine- I respect him even more now

nilerodgers It's just a message from the day of our session-Nothing special just funny-It now tells me a lot about him

TAEizTV just heard @Adamlambert @mtvema and this is the first time ive ever heard him song and dayum that boy can sing!!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Nov 6th 2011, 9:47 PM'

Love this tweet:

geoffbailie Geoff Bailie @ @travellingmum78 Adam Lambert. Winner of some American Idol thing. Quite a voice

dOmiiMOnster Christian J. Freddie Mercury will NEVER be replaced. But my God Adam Lambert is the closet thing to his reincarnation! Such an amazing performance #EMA
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Nov 6th 2011, 10:45 PM'

FleckingRecords Flecking Records So... @AdamLambert... wow, right?

socialitelife Socialite Life Adam Lambert, Bar Refaeli & Selena Gomez Walk The MTV EMA Red Carpet [PHOTOS] http://bit.ly/syAW3t

TAEizTV @ I don't know @adamlambert never heard his music a day in my life but I heard him at the #MTVEMA and DAYUM he can sing

OIQFC Queen Fan Club The link to the Queen performance with special guest @AdamLambert RT @karmalovesgumbo: @OIQFC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPGFWXYxGvM...eature=youtu.be

adamlambert @jessiejofficial bitch ur purple hair is the beeeez. I adore u. Follow me. ::winking::

adamlambert @katyperry congrats again on your awards. I be native for perry Friday. How.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'barb4Adam' date='Nov 6th 2011, 10:46 PM'

leecherry Lee Cherry @adamlambert you better workkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!! Can't say crap bitchezz!!! Reigning king of sing!

Kind of says it all!!! ::wootwave:: ::yes:: ::thumbup::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Nov 6th 2011, 11:19 PM'

aangelmariee: The guy from queens kinda looks like Adam Lambert. @adamlambert

AreenBieber: Seriously though, omg. I immediately thought of Adam Lambert when I heard the main singer from Queen sing.

SashaMallory @adamlambert daaaaaaaamn.. White boy got soul
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Nov 6th 2011, 11:44 PM'

Byroncooke No namecheck. All class. Killed it > RT @AquarianSunsets Queen and Adam Lambert EMAs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPGFWXYxGvM&feature=share via @youtube

TAEizTV: I think I have gotten hooked on adamlambert music. After hearing him at the Ema's EVERYONE should listen to his music
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Nov 6th 2011, 11:50 PM'

thisisthebang: Omg what a finale. Gotta say Adam Lambert did Freddie justice!!! #swatchema #mtvema

MSNca_Entertain MSNca Entertainment Did you miss the #EMAs? We've got the best & worst moments here: http://on-msn.com/ufLFED (And yes, Lambert & Queen are in there!)

MSNca_Entertain MSNca Entertainment Since so many of you loved Adam Lambert with Queen at the #EMAs, how about a pic of the performance: http://pic.twitter.com/3aeinzyb

Squiggy_Monster As much and I love & adore @ladygaga, @adamlambert OWNED the MTV EMA's tonight! He was amazing up there with QUEEN!!! His night to shine! xo
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'bebeg' date='Nov 6th 2011, 11:53 PM'

Byron Cooke is berting all over the place...

GlamPimpLinda Linda Hays
@Byroncooke now everyone knows what a great singer sounds like LIVE :) Pure talent, sex appeal, stage presence and humility too!

Byroncooke Byron Cooke
@GlamPimpLinda that kicked ass

LiveAndLetMLive Shevy Silverberg
@Byroncooke Ada was amazing!! what did you think?

Byroncooke Byron Cooke
@LiveAndLetMLive closed the show with style & gave a vocal lesson in the process \m/

smeggingnuts What is this freakery
@Byroncooke thats what I love about Adam he didn't try and take this moment away from Queen and he frikken KILLED IT

Byroncooke Byron Cooke
@smeggingnuts totally appropriate tribute. Made it about Queen not him. 10/10.

Pusishvr_Ninja Pusishvr
@Byroncooke I C U Berting with us! I love it when someone who does not need auto tune to perform knocks it out of the park! Adam is A+

Byroncooke Byron Cooke
@Pusishvr_Ninja definately no T-Painin' goin on there !!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'sealuv' date='Nov 7th 2011, 12:18 AM'

has this review been posted......great!

http://www.popstar.com/News/Music/Article/182
Adam Lambert Lends Voice to Queen for MTV Europe Music Awards Performance

Singer Adam Lambert lent his vocals to the rock group Queen Sunday night at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Belfast, Ireland. Queen was honored with the Global Icon Award for it's legendary musical contributions, and in the absence of their late/great front-man Freddie Mercury, The Band asked Lambert to perform a medley of hits starting with "The Show Must Go On," followed by "We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions." Such a task would No Doubt be daunting for many a singer, but not for Lambert.

At the end of the day, he delivered.

The most notable thing about his performance was that Lambert did not make the slightest attempt to diminish Mercury's genius by trying to duplicate him. Instead, he infused his own brand of genius into the arrangement. It was an homage to one of Lambert's admitted heroes and a golden moment for he and his fans - perhaps for some Queen fans as well.

But not all of them.

Just moments after the performance, some of Queen's most faithful fans began buzzing about Lambert's audacious belief that he could replace Freddie Mercury and that under no circumstances should anyone attempt to front the group except it's original singer. They are also not prepared to accept the argument that Lambert was not trying to fill Mercury's shoes, but instead was merely helping The Band pay homage to their own history as well as to Mercury's legacy.

Fair enough. Everyone has the right to pledge allegiance to their favorite icons, afterall. It should be noted, however, that Lambert's name was not once mentioned during the show, not even when Queen was introduced for the night's final performance. Lambert made no mention of it prior to the show either, even though his fans and the media were speculating about The Appearance for days. The fact that he was not named has raised questions as to whether this is more than a one-time appearance with Queen, or if he had his name kept silent intentionally in order to honor Mercury's memory.

We're going with the latter.

Though his epic vocal range and captivating theatrical presence has been compared to that of Freddie Mercury, Adam Lambert is far more interested in his own gig at the moment. The singer is now working on the follow up to his hugely successful debut album "For Your Entertainment" which is due out next Spring. His Glam Nation tour was a also world-wide success, solidifying him as one of the most charismatic live performers of 2010. After tonight's performance, Lambert's massive (and ever-growing) fan base ignited the Internet with praise and support for the singer, not once doubting his heart was in the right place.

"What an enormous honor to sing with QUEEN!" he Tweeted shortly after the show. "I could feel the spirit of Mercury alive on stage tonight. Thank u Brian and Roger and crew. LOVE."
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Silvia' date='Nov 7th 2011, 1:08 AM'

MP3 from tubesocklet's vid
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O5VMYGLF
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'fangurl1964' date='Nov 7th 2011, 1:39 AM'

Has this little blurb been posted:
http://en.terra.com/music/news/adam_lamber..._video/oci59238

Adam Lambert & Queen Give Best Performance At MTV Europe Music Awards (Video)

Getty Imagesmore »
Trying to fill in Freddie Mercury's shoes is no easy feat, but Adam Lambert did a fabulous job at honoring the late singer with this performance along legendary band Queen at the MTV Europe Music Awards. Watch it here.

Nobody can deny Adam Lambert has an incredible vocal ability and the pop singer left us truly impressed with his collaboration with Queen at the award show, where they basically stole the spotlight and honored being named the Global Icon.
The crowd loved the show as much as we did and was sent into a frenzy while Lambert and Queen tore through the classics "Show Must Go On," "We Will Rock You," and "We Are the Champions."

Watch it here and tell us what you think about the performance.....

Return to “2011 E&A”