2011-09-22 Project Runway

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'sealuv' date='Sep 23rd 2011, 12:32 AM'

"eyes" have it...this needed to be posted for the PR archives.......beautiful people.... ::heart::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Silvia' date='Sep 23rd 2011, 8:10 AM'

Full Episode great quality ::thumbup::

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=JZXA6TYN
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LEN8IZIC
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Lulu2365' date='Sep 23rd 2011, 9:59 AM'

RT @BdwayDiva1 "NO ADAM YOU CANNOT HAZ A COOKIE. OH OK FINE. YOU CAN HAZ A COOKIE." http://bit.ly/mYkXlu
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'barb4Adam' date='Sep 23rd 2011, 10:35 AM'

Adam Lambert on Project Runway
September 23, 2011
Just the Adam parts... the creations for the band and the critiques....
http://onthemeaningofadamlambert.wordpress...project-runway/
September 23, 2011 7:41 am
"Thank you for this, I should have known that I wouldn’t have to sit through the whole show, since I’m not a fan. I just wanted to see Adam, so this is perfect. Oh and I love his laugh so much"!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Little Bee' date='Sep 23rd 2011, 1:27 PM'

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/interstitial/...-9-episode-9%2F

‘Project Runway’ Recap: The Menswear Challenge For Up-And-Coming Rockstars!

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'barb4Adam' date='Sep 23rd 2011, 2:57 PM'

The Sheepdogs Play First-Ever 'Project Runway' Rock Concert
The show's designers had to create image-defining looks for the Rolling Stone cover contest winners
By Erica Futterman
September 23, 2011 12:55 PM ET

Last night on Project Runway, Rolling Stone cover contest winners The Sheepdogs got custom looks created for them in the design competition's often-feared menswear challenge. Host Heidi Klum teased the task by saying, "Image is everything," and mentor Tim Gunn went on to explain, "No magazine has had more covers showcasing the iconic style of musicians than Rolling Stone magazine." (Thanks, Tim!). Adam Lambert, who knows a thing or two about image-defining stage looks, joined Klum and designer Michael Kors and Marie Claire fashion director Nina Garcia on the judges' panel.

With four Sheepdogs to design for, the eight designers split into two teams of four; each member of the team then designed a look for one band member, so Ryan Gullen, Leot Hanson, Sam Corbett and Ewan Currie each wound up with two looks. In addition to the complications designers usually encounter during the menswear challenge ("It's a bit more involved because of the fit and the tailoring," explained one designer), the eight competitors faced varying degrees of difficulty riffing on the band's retro aesthetic and incorporating their penchant for 70s-influenced patterns into a contemporary look.

When it came time for the runway, The Sheepdogs performed in the outfits in the show's first-ever runway rock concert, testing the authenticity of their new looks against the band's sound. The losing look was worn by Ewan – his designer, Oliver, was a menswear designer before coming on the show but had trouble designing for a man who wasn't a mannequin and left the lead singer in a pair of ill-fitting white pants and an unfinished shirt. The winning outfit was Leot's. His designer, Victor, dressed him in a fringe faux leather jacket that looked far more expensive than it was, a patterned shirt and well-fitting distressed dark jeans. Leot's look went on to be featured in an advertorials in Marie Claire magazine and Rolling Stone, plus worn at a Rolling Stone event.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the...oncert-20110923
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'barb4Adam' date='Sep 23rd 2011, 3:09 PM'

'Project Runway' recap: Like that old time rock 'n' roll
September 23, 2011 | 7:30 am

Adam Lambert gets sparkly-eyed when Josh describes how he gave his pants an exposed zipper for extra sex appeal. ::haha:: ::devil:: Adam likes it, Josh likes it, and Heidi chimes in that she likes it too.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracke...k-and-roll.html
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Love2Lurk' date='Sep 23rd 2011, 9:08 PM'

from....FB....Adam Lambert Fan club

Yahoo Music Reality Rocks (Lyndsey Parker):

Adam Lambert Rocks Project Runway! As Heidi Klum's "Project Runway" catchphrase goes, in fashion, one day you're in, the next day you're out. Unless, of course, you are Adam Lambert. Because Adam Lambert never goes out of style..
Adam, the ultimate Glamerican Idol, was a guest judge on "Project Runway's" rock 'n' roll-themed episode last night. And while at times he took a respectful backseat to main judges Nina Garcia (who later tweeted that she's a card-carrying Glambert) and Michael Kors (whose colorful comments seemed to especially amuse Adam), he offered much more constructive feedback than most useless "PR" judges, and he clearly took the job very seriously. And he certainly wasn't afraid to occasionally tear the contestants apart at the seams. (Honestly, very few of the designers had any idea how to make clothes for the hapless male rockers in the shaggy band the Sheepdogs, creating sad outfits that looked more like "1960s Hippie Dude" costumes from the Halloween Superstore than actual hip stagewear.) .
Some of Adam's fierce fashion zingers included:.
"This tunic is like, eighth-grade production of Hair.".
"That shirt looks a little bit like upholstery fabric.".
... "To me, it looks like 'Scooby-Doo, where are you?'".
"It was Salvation Army, $5 bin."
Overall, Adam did an excellent job here; he was a real natural, totally in his rock-meets-couture element. In fact, the "PR" contestants, even those that he most harshly critiqued, seemed to have nothing but glowing things to say about Adam's judging stint, as evidenced by the outtakes below (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dheUeGTxMxg)
While I'd hate for Glambert to ever abandon music, it's heartening to know that if this whole pop-superstar thing doesn't work out for him, he could always fall back on a career in reality-TV judging, or, even more intriguingly, maybe even in fashion design, based on his star turn on "PR" this week.
Hey, I'd be proud to wear any piece of clothing with the label "ADAM LAMBERT" stamped across it. And I'm sure anything Adam might design would be a whole lot cooler than anything those poor Sheepdogs were forced to wear..
[photo courtesy of Lifetime]
http://yhoo.it/r3OjvGSee More
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'barb4Adam' date='Sep 23rd 2011, 10:22 PM'

Adam Lambert - The Designers Loved Him! Extra Video from Project Runway!

Adam Lambert served as a Guest Judge on last night’s Project Runway. IMO . . . he was the BEST GUEST JUDGE EVER! Even some of the designers agree! Watch the extra video below to hear the designers’ flattering opinions about Adam’s stint as a judge. He seemed to enjoy himself quite a bit, even answering a tweet earlier this week that asked “What was your favorite part about being on Project Runway?” His Tweetser: @catalm the judges are reeeeally funny. On and off camera. Micheal had me in stitches w his wit.

Okay, I can’t hold back any longer - could there have been more of a mismatch between Adam and The Sheepdogs??!! I know fashion is fashion, but for a musical challenge, I was hoping for a bit more Rock and Roll. I can only wonder what was going through Adam’s mind when he was listening to them play on the runway. As a consummate professional, he did his best and even moved to the beat with an intense expression. But I think Adam’s laughter during the judges’ comments about the fashions told the story. A mixture of Scooby Doo and the $2 bin at Salvation Army!

By the way, on the show when the safe designers were leaving the stage, did you notice the special smiles pointed in Adam’s direction by Joshua and Anthony Ryan? I did!![/b]
Love ya!
~ Carol ~
Video here... http://adam-lambert.org/adam-lambert-the-d...ADAM+LAMBERT%29
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'barb4Adam' date='Sep 24th 2011, 3:45 PM'

Loving him some Adam..."Even the designers think Lammie ::haha:: was on point."

project runway‘Runway’ recap:
Only Glambert rocks menswear
By Mike Fleming |
Sep 23, 2011 | 4:09 PM

Oh the crap they weave when “Project Runway” practices to achieve men’s fashion. Throw in a rocker twist, and the designers are screwed. Guest judge Adam Lambert is the only person with a clue.

The challenge to outfit an up-and-coming bluesy rock band is a set up for failure, and every last contestant sinks to the occasion. They ignore that it’s a pseudo “team” challenge, but they’re so outside their comfort zone that working together still wouldn’t save the challenge or their dignity. Even the designers think Lammie was on point (check out the video above).

Some designers manage to suck less, but no one captures the gritty spirit of rock or the vintage essence of the ‘60s and ‘70s that the band prefers. Passable individual pieces notwithstanding, no total look rises higher than derivative at best or Halloween costume at worst.

Lambert and the band member victims are the only people on the runway who seem to understand the challenge, and it’s not like there are rocker-vibe contestants this year who could work it out like past winners Seth Aaron Henderson or Jeffrey Sebelia.

Sadly, the rest of the judges are just as out of their element as the contestants, and it shows. Even when the client/model/fashion victim says that Viktor’s pleather jacket (top photo) isn’t for him, the judges jump in with comments about how “expensive” and “fashion forward” it looks. Viktor’s execution is flawless, but the padded shoulders and fringe belong on Wynona Judd or in a hair band video from 1987. Sadly, it’s the highlight of the runway.

The judges also love Bert’s look (second photo), the top half of which would make the lead singer look like Dorothy from “The Golden Girls” if Bert didn’t make it worse by putting the guy in super-odd pigtail braids. The effusive praise continues for Laura’s dude-looks-like-a-lady blazer and scarf better suited to Steven Tyler than these less showy musicians.

In our estimation, Joshua (third photo) and Anthony Ryan (bottom photo) almost get it, sort of, but jump on the costume bandwagon by adding fru-fru. It’s no surprise by now that Josh’s vest has too many baubles, bells and whistles attached, but Anthony Ryan throws us a curve with fringe on the back of a sleeveless shirt. Speaking of fringe, Viktor’s Steve Perry from Journey jacket takes the win.

Kimberly and Anya battle it out for Worst Kaftan Ever, and they earn their place in the bottom three. Anya’s sewing is so bad that her pants are falling apart on the runway. Olivier is a little kid in a grown-up world, and after two weeks of bigoted remarks about people who don’t wear a size zero, he too lands at the bottom of the barrel.

At least the horrible runway results give Michael Kors and Adam Lambert a great setup for one-liners. Lambert’s comment about an “8th grade production of ‘Hair’ the musical” is spot on. Kors is on a roll with his funny critiques – “Pocahontas,” “Peter Brady at the Harvest Festival” – but good quips aside, even he is just talking out of his ass when it comes to judging the actual clothes.

What makes this season of personality over substance interesting is how tough it is to predict which designers are the frontrunners. Early on, we would have put Olivier among the most talented contenders. And while his western shirt and pants don’t fit his model, we think the looks by Kimberly and Anya are actually worse. Still, Olivier’s giant ego, lack of time management, outright bigotry and curious obsession with gray, yellow and cream ultimately do him in. He’s sent packing.

Next week, Michael Kors screams like a small child. Can’t wait to find out why.
Video here.. http://www.projectqatlanta.com/news_articl...nswear?gid=9233
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Lulu2365' date='Sep 25th 2011, 11:01 PM'

Marcellas Reynolds
@MarqueeMarc
Beverly HillsTV host/entertainment reporter Marcellas
Reynolds. I talk. A lot. CNN, Fox News, often on
E! & Style. Anywhere that's paying. Hanging out laughing & texting. M* http://www.facebook.com/MarcellasReynolds

@MarqueeMarc Michael Kors is killing it tonight. Thank goodness. Project Runway bright spot. Worst challenge ever. M*
@MarqueeMarc I'm in love with Adam Lambert. So not my normal style but still so hot. M*
@MarqueeMarc @monalee62 If you can sew how can it be that hard? Plus if you wanna be on @ProjectRunway you know there will be a menswear challenge. M*
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Jul 25th 2013, 2:23 PM'

tiiqqu 10m
"Muodin huipulla" 15.8.2013 Subilla klo 21 mukana Adam Lambert / Project Runway episode w/Adam on Finnish Sub-TV on Aug 15th.

Return to “2011 E&A”