2011-02-13 The Grammy's - NOMINATION

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 10:27 PM'

The Canyons is Alisan Porter's newest project and they are opening for Adam both nights in L.A.!

The_Canyons: Good Morning Everyone!!! Congrats to our dearest friend adamlambert on his Grammy Nomination!!!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'adamazing' date='Dec 3rd 2010, 12:06 PM'

So fun - I love this thread!!!

This morning on our little Springfield, MO radio station, they played WWFM with the preface of "Grammy Nominated Recording Artist Adam Lambert", instead of the usual American Idol pre-tag. They then went on to talk about his concert in Springfield and what a great guy he is, none of which happened before the nom.

::heart::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'barb4Adam' date='Dec 3rd 2010, 2:23 PM'

SashaMallory@adamlambert ok listen up you sparkly gay lord.... i fricken love you... allssooo congrats!!! Grammy say whhhaat?! :) about 3 hours ago via web ::huggy::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'islandgirljams' date='Dec 3rd 2010, 5:57 PM'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/adam...ination-i-56043 ::flowers::

Adam Lambert on His Grammy Nomination: 'I Earned My Success'
3:23 PM 12/3/2010 by Shirley Halperin

Adam Lambert
The "American Idol" Season 8 runner-up tells THR he hopes a Grammy nod will "help fade some of the stigma that comes from rising to fame on a competition show."
If there was any question as to whether American Idol is capable of spawning credible, Grammy-worthy artists, Adam Lambert is out to prove the naysayers wrong. The Season 8 runner-up, who joins past Idol alum nominees Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Fantasia, and Jennifer Hudson, among others, is nominated for best male pop vocal performance for "Whataya Want From Me," the second single off his 2009 debut, For Your Entertainment. The song was originally intended for Pink -- and, in fact was written by her along with Max Martin and Shellback -- but like all things Lambert, he made it his own.
So how did the outspoken and always outrageous glam rocker hear the news? "I was awoken by my manager in the morning while in Paris," he tells The Hollywood Reporter. "Much more effective than my usual cup of coffee to wake me up. I was so excited! After our call, I saw that a bunch of friends and family had texted and written emails."
Indeed, the Twitterverse was a flutter with congratulations wishes -- from fellow artists to fans to casual listeners -- even as Lambert was blissfully resting from the end of a long, successful world tour. And now that he's performed "Whataya Want From Me" ad nauseum for the better part of two years, one has to wonder whether he knew the song was special when it was first offered to him.
"I recorded 'Whataya Want From Me' on a day off from the Idols Live Arena tour and I was pretty wiped out due to the show schedule," Lambert reflects, "I knew the song would be a key track on my album and it was my first time working with the incredible Max Martin and Shellback, so I was a bit apprehensive. The vocal ad libs at the end were the most challenging as they are quite high and it had been a long day. When I heard the first mix, I felt really confident the song would have success thanks to the flawless production."
"I believe 'American Idol' is a dream platform for any artist. It did not, however, teach me how to sing or perform." —Adam Lambert

As far as the big music business picture is concerned, Lambert acknowledges that the Grammy nod further legitimizes an A&R tool that many in the industry had ostensibly written off, but he emphasizes that the credibility is also his, not just the show's. "I believe American Idol is a dream platform for any artist," he explains. "It did not however, teach me how to sing or perform. I made music for years prior to the show but knew that most major labels wouldn't be interested in me as a mainstream pop artist unless I could develop a legitimate fan base and prove that I had talent. Idol gave me these opportunities. But I feel I earned my current success by preparing and executing a variety of strong performances every week on the show and being comfortable being different."
Indeed, as one of RCA's breakout acts of last year -- with more than one million units sold between his full-length, a remix album and an acoustic EP -- Lambert was able to parlay TV exposure into a real music career, no small feat in this time of talent show overload. "In addition to the writers and producers of the track, I hope that at this point, after all the hard work I've done over the past year, the nomination will give me credibility as a true vocalist in the industry," he says, "and perhaps help fade some of the stigma that comes from rising to fame on a competition show."
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'drowsybrowser' date='Dec 5th 2010, 10:45 PM'

Oh I forgot this. Was listening to the radio (WRQX) stuck in traffic and they talked about Grammys and asked for Grammy-nominated song requests. I called in.

Me- "Hey can you play WWFM?"
DJ- "Sure! I'll add it right now. Adam Lambert?"
Me- "Yeah. He's nominated for a grammy."
DJ- "I KNOW!!!!! That's awesome!"

DJ = glambert.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'stardust1213' date='Dec 6th 2010, 1:53 AM'

Monterrific
Adam Lambert - Acoustic Live! - EP - http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/acoustic-...-ep/id405579231 #iTunes
6 minutes ago via web
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CastroFan4Life' date='Dec 6th 2010, 11:19 PM'

@leecherry Dear @TheGrammys As you deliberate best pop vocal, be sure to listen to @adamlambert's acoustic EP. His vocals reign supreme. Period.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'barb4Adam' date='Dec 7th 2010, 2:14 PM'

Vote Wall Contest
53RD GRAMMY AWARDS BEST MALE POP VOCAL PERFORMANCE
http://tweeter.faxo.com/53rd_Grammy_Awards...cal_Performance
This one is better...
7th December, 2010
Vote now for Entertainer of the Year –
Here’s the shortlist for our Entertainer of the Year title.

We’ve taken the 10 entertainers with the most nominations, now we need you guys to help us narrow the list down to 5.
First up we’ve got Adam Lambert who received a staggering number of nominations
as well as popstars Lady Gaga, Pink, Ke$ha, Katy Perry and Christina Aguilera.

It’s all in your hands this time. We’ll only be making one list – a top 5, voted for by you guys.

You can vote for one artist/band, once per hour. We’ll be keeping the results hidden for more of a surprise, but will be posting updates about who is leading via Twitter (@fleckingrecords)

Do read all the great Comments....

tess4ADAM 2 hours ago
"My vote goes to ADAM LAMBERT now & FOREVER!! CONGRATULATIONS on your Grammy Nomination ADAM"!!!!!
WindyJocelyne 6 hours ago
"Adam Lambert are the best vocalist at the year he have such a great tour all around the world . You dont see that many times a perfect singer who have his one first CD album and already make the GNT all around the world?? So he deserved it"...
http://www.fleckingrecords.co.uk/2010/12/v...bert-mcfly.html
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'AniMaL' date='Dec 7th 2010, 2:34 PM'

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'sherrie' date='Dec 11th 2010, 6:34 PM'

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but there is a Grammy page for Adam :) You can leave a message why you think Adam should win the Grammy. http://www.grammy.com/photos/adam-lambert-1 ::flowers::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'barb4Adam' date='Dec 11th 2010, 10:43 PM'

Vote for Adam here on the right side.....also a great incisive article....
http://idolator.com/5711672/best-music-2010-adam-lambert
Best Music 2010: Adam Lambert Picks His Favorite Song And Album Of The Year

We all know what the critics thought of this year’s crop of tunes — but what about the artists who helped shape the sound of 2010? As a special holiday treat to you, we’ve picked a special class of singers, musicians and groups — artists we consider among the most creative emerging stars in pop — to participate in our special year-end feature, exclusively sharing with us their reflections on the albums, songs and performers that made their year really… pop. And in many cases, their answers were surprising.

Kicking off our series is the dazzling Adam Lambert, who selected an album and song from the same magnetic singer-songwriter… one who can confidently say that 2010 was one of the biggest years of her career. Jump below to find whose music had the biggest impact on Glambert the last twelve months.

Though we’re very aware the high-energy Lambert has a softer side — he is Grammy-nominated for his gorgeous performance of the pleading pop rock ballad, “Whataya Want From Me” — we assumed his favorite tune of 2010 would be something to make you strut on the dancefloor. But it was the heartfelt singer-songwriter Sia who nabbed the double honor of creating Adam’s favorite album and song.

Sia has had quite a year — she released her fourth album, We Are Born, to favorable reviews, entertained the masses at Coachella, and was responsible for penning some of the more enjoyable tracks on Christina Aguilera’s Bionic and the Burlesque soundtrack. So it’s no wonder people are taking notice of the Aussie chanteuse more than ever before. (Hopefully that keeps her from following through with the career switch she discussed a few months ago.)

And maybe it’s not so surprising after all that Adam picked this phenomenal performer’s music as his favorite, since both artists possess fun, quirky personalities, have a penchant for dressing creatively, and are blessed with incredible talent. But we’ll let Adam explain in his own words why Sia’s music moved him the most in 2010.

adam_lambert_elvis_hair_promo_020310_300x400Adam Lambert: I have always been a big fan of Sia’s songwriting and voice and I think this year’s release of We Are Born showcases some of her best work yet.

Her songwriting resonates with me and as a listener; I begin to really believe she is letting me into her music, her words and her thoughts. Her lyrics are so genuine, truthful and exposed and I really respect that in any artist.

Not only are her lyrics exposed for us to feel but so is her voice. It too, is so revealed, raw and cuts right to my heart. One thing that is so special is you can hear every texture of her voice, every breath, which then again, helps support that she really makes me not only believe, but also FEEL what she is singing. This can get lost when recording an album, but she does such a good job letting that come through in her recordings.

More specifically to Sia’s album, is that in the song, “Be Good To Me”. Here in this song, she really lets us in. The riff she sings after the first phrase of the vocal is divine. Her voice really sails into a timber full of sympathetic vibration and rich overtones. These are one of her magical moments that give you goose bumps.
No matter whom “he” is that she refers to in the first line, she leaves up to you to decide. I personally took it from a love relationship perspective and felt what she had to say.

In the lyric, “There is sweetness after hurt….” really shows that anytime anyone goes through a breakup, or a loss, or just plain hurt, it may take time, but you always seem to find the sweetness after all of it is done and the healing has passed. This lyric is one that a lot of people need to take the time to learn about and as it took me awhile to figure that out, it is always good to remind myself of this when I am hurting. It helps me get through any healing process.

Another lyric she states, “My heart is filled, revealed…” shows exactly what I love about her work. She puts her heart out there for all to hear, see and judge. She is saying this not only to “he” but also to her listeners, that she is exposing herself to us in such an intimate way. She is really speaking to anyone who wants to listen.

Sia’s work is by far some of the best. I will always be a fan and really look forward to any future work she shares with the world.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Dec 20th 2010, 2:49 PM'

http://www.grammy.com/blogs/multi-flavored-pop

Multi-Flavored Pop
December 16, 2010 -- 11:47 am

It has been a massively successful year in pop with an extensive group of artists, producers and songwriters creating sounds that had music fans singing, dancing and tapping along across the globe.

Over the years, pop has become a very diverse melting pot that incorporates a myriad of different genres, styles and influences. What defines great pop, however, remains unchanged. Pop is marked by elements of classic songwriting, a catchy hook or a genuine sentiment that people everywhere can instantly relate to.

A good example of pop's diverse nature in 2010 is the Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals category. Beyoncé and Lady Gaga are recognized for their solid performance of "Telephone," as are Atlanta genre-buster B.o.B, Eminem and Paramore's Hayley Williams for "Airplanes, Part II." Also nominated are Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg ("California Gurls"), Elton John and Leon Russell ("If It Wasn't For Bad") and Herbie Hancock's phenomenal "Imagine," which includes Pink, India.Arie, Seal, Konono No 1, Jeff Beck, and Oumou Sangare.

Arguably, females ruled the pop scene this year and the Best Female Pop Vocal Performance category is a proper reflection of that sentiment. Lady Gaga ("Bad Romance"), Katy Perry ("Teenage Dream"), Sara Bareilles ("King Of Anything"), and Norah Jones ("Chasing Pirates") are all up for the coveted GRAMMY statue. Beyoncé's life performance of "Halo" also received a nod. She won this same award last year for the studio version of "Halo."

The Best Male Pop Vocal Performance nominees span an iconic superstar and brand-new talent. A 13-time GRAMMY winner, Michael Jackson received a posthumous GRAMMY nomination for "This Is It," which was featured in his moving concert film Michael Jackson's This Is It. Also nominated are Bruno Mars ("Just The Way You Are"), who scored an impressive seven GRAMMY nods total; Canadian crooner Michael Bublé ("Haven't Met You Yet"); seven-time GRAMMY winner John Mayer ("Half Of My Heart"); and "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert, who received his first career nomination for "Whataya Want From Me."

The cast from Fox's hit television show "Glee" impacted the mainstream charts with a slew of covers this year. The cast's memorable remake of Journey's 1981 hit "Don't Stop Believin' (Regionals Version)" is one of the nominees in the Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or A Group With Vocals category. Also nominated are Maroon 5 ("Misery"), Paramore ("The Only Exception"), Sade ("Babyfather"), and Train, who ruled the radio airwaves with "Hey, Soul Sister (Live)."

The legendary Laurie Anderson, who first impacted the scene nearly 30 year ago with her debut album Big Science, is nominated for Best Pop Instrumental Performance for "Flow." Rounding out the group are five-time nominee Jeff Beck ("Nessun Dorma"), bassist Stanley Clarke ("No Mystery"), Gorillaz ("Orchestral Intro"), and the Brian Setzer Orchestra ("Sleepwalk").

Eight-time GRAMMY nominee Kirk Whalum picks up his fifth nomination in the Best Pop Instrumental Album category for his tribute to soul great Donny Hathaway, Everything Is Everything: The Music Of Donny Hathaway. Joining him are Gerald Albright (Pushing The Envelope), Larry Carlton and Tak Matsumoto (Take Your Pick), Kenny G (Heart And Soul), and Doors guitarist Robby Krieger (Singularity).

In the Best Pop Vocal Album category Susan Boyle (I Dreamed A Dream), Lady Gaga (The Fame Monster), John Mayer (Battle Studies), Katy Perry (Teenage Dream), and fresh-faced Canadian newcomer Justin Bieber (My World 2.0) will battle it out.

Tune in to the 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards live from Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, Feb. 13, 2011, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CBS. For updates and breaking news, please visit The Recording Academy's social networks on Twitter and Facebook.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Lulu2365' date='Dec 28th 2010, 7:52 PM'

Some people started to see Grammy commercial's on Sunday advertising the stars that will be on the Grammy's.

@BeckPatrick @pearl13 New grammy commercial also showed multiple grammy nominees Bruno Mars & Miranda Lambert as performers -- in addition to 4 earlier

@BeckPatrick @Hatshepsutely @pearl13 And unless I missed something -- only 4 singers shown in Grammy ad during football (Eminem, Katy, Gaga, Bieber).

This afternoon AriesWomanMarie saw a commercial during the Young and the Restless that mentioned Adam. Since I'm also in the Toronto area like this person I asked her what channel. So if anybody DVRed the show today can you check your commercials during this time. Trying not to get my hopes up until we know for sure.

@AriesWomanMarie Just saw a commercial on CBS for the Grammys and they mentioned @adamlambert's name! OMG is he performing/presenting?

@AriesWomanMarie @JSmith92 A commercial for the Grammys said that Adam is in the all-star line-up, whatever that means.....yay!
about 5 hours ago via web in reply to JSmith92
@AriesWomanMarie @TellDeBatz they said Adam Lambert! Not clear if they meant as a performer or presenter... about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to TellDeBatz
@AriesWomanMarie @Lulu2365 During the Young and the Restless, between 12:30-1:30pm. CBS, cable #16. U.S. channel, not a Canadian one.....
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Lulu2365' date='Jan 2nd 2011, 10:48 PM'

RT @jam2885: OMG http://on.fb.me/hLLtSK

RT @slightly_askew: It's from Sony Music Phillipines
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Lulu2365' date='Jan 2nd 2011, 11:12 PM'

http://www.amazon.com/2011-Grammy-Nominees...3314&sr=8-1

Amazon.co.uk RT @Dilerius: Well, one of them on Amazon has Adam on it http://amzn.to/foSXVc

Amazon.ca (Canada) has the 2011 Grammy CD listed also \o/ http://amzn.to/fJEXvt

Amazon.com (United States) http://amzn.to/elg1gK

RT @_dashia: Grammy Compilation album is also up on amazon Japan http://amzn.to/eZTJ45 @adamlambert
@pearl13 Link to Germany Amazon http://tinyurl.com/242o2dw
RT pearl13: Also on Amazon Austria and France now.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Lulu2365' date='Jan 3rd 2011, 2:12 PM'

@TheGRAMMYs Good morning! Have you mapped your 2010 musical journey? http://www.musicislifeismusic.com

We are guessing the Grammys are using this to collect audience data: http://www.musicislifeismusic.com/ - map WWFM and RT ::smile::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Jan 5th 2011, 7:24 PM'

...hmmmm....

TheGRAMMYs The GRAMMYs
Ready for something big? No? We'll give you one hour. http://instagr.am/p/4PC1/
9 minutes ago
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Jan 5th 2011, 8:57 PM'

http://www.examiner.com/american-idol-in-n...mmy-nominees-cd

Adam Lambert is confirmed on 'official' track list of GRAMMY Nominees CD
January 5th, 2011 11:42 am ET.Do you like this story?
Although we still haven't gotten definitive confirmation on the CD artwork, the official track list of the 2011 GRAMMY® Nominees CD has been finalized and Adam Lambert's 'Whataya Want From Me' is the eighth track.

The track list, provided by a source at Sony, also includes producers, musicians, composers/writers and mixers of each of the nominated songs.

1. Forget You - Cee Lo Green
2. Nothin' On You (Radio Edit) - B.o.B Feat. Bruno Mars
3. California Gurls - Katy Perry Feat. Snoop Dogg
4. Telephone - Lady Gaga feat. Beyoncé
5. Love The Way You Lie Eminem Feat. - Rihanna
6. Need You Now - Antebellum, Lady
7. Ready To Start - Arcade Fire
8. Whataya Want From Me - Adam Lambert
9. Half Of My Heart (Pop Mix) - John Mayer
10. Haven't Met You Yet (Album Version) - Michael Bublé
11. Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars
12. This Is It (Orchestra Single Version) Michael Jackson
13. Beg Steal Or Borrow - Ray LaMontagne And The Pariah Dogs
14. The House That Built Me - Miranda Lambert
15. Babyfather (Radio Edit) - Sade
16. The Only Exception - Paramore
17. Hey, Soul Sister (iTunes Session) - Train
18. Misery - Maroon 5
19. Don't Stop Believin' (Regionals Version) - Glee Cast

Producers
Adu, Helen; Alex Da Kid; Anders, Adam; Armstrong, Keither; Baker, Christian; Blanco, Benny; Calbi, Greg; Cavallo, Rob; Clay, Al; Davis, John; Davis, Tim; Doelp, John; Dr. Luke; Franscoviak, Chad; Freeland, Ryan; Galland, Chris; Gott, Chris; Hale, Andrew; Hanes, John; Jackson, Michael; Jerkins, Rodney; Jordan, Steve; Karpen, Nik; LaMontagne, Ray; Lady Gaga; Lange, Robert John; Liddell, Frank; Maita, Dominick; Martin, Max; Martinez, Rene; Matthewman, Stuart; Mayer, John; McClain, John; Mincieli, Ann; Murphy, Ryan; Needlz; Nettlesbey, Jon; Nicholls, Andrew; Paakkari, Charlie; Peer Astrom; Petersen, Ryan; Pradler, Martin; Roberts, Tim; Rock, Bob; Sade; Schubert, Andrew; Seidman, Wesley; Shellback; Smeezingtons, The; Stent, Mark; The Arcade Fire; Thompson, Jessica; Thorn, Brian; Tominaga, JoAnn; Townsend, Brad; Warren, Mervyn; Worley, Paul; Wrucke, Mike; Yoshida, Alan

Musicians
Adu, Ila; Antebellum, Lady; Arcade Fire; B.o.B Feat. Bruno Mars; Bellerose, Jay; Bennett, Richard; Benning, Brian; Berg, Robert; Berman, Sally; Bublé, Michael; Burdge, Ian; Callet, Lee; Cargill, Mark; Cee Lo Green; Chea, Alvin; Condos, Jennifer; Cromwell, Chad; Dembowski, Drew; Denman, Paul S; Ditcham, Martin; Drori, Assa; Eminem Feat. Rihanna; Epstein, Jerry; Farril, Michael; Fischer, Brent; Fischer, Clare; Fischer, Samuel; Foster, Gary; Garcia, Nicole; Glee Cast; Gottschewski, Agnes; Grants, Lynn; Grants, Maurice; Grinta, Jim; Hale, Andrew; Hemby, Natalie; Heywood, Eric; Hidalgo, Oscar; Huckins, Greg; Hughes, Norman; Jackson, Michael; Jackson, Paul Jr.; Jacksons, The; Jandula, Piotr; Jordan, Steve; Joyce, Jay; Juliani, Steve; Kato, Roland; Katy Perry Feat. Snoop Dogg; Kojian, Miran; Koontz, Chuck Koontz; Krejci, Johana; Kujala, Steve; LaMontagne, Ray; Lady Gaga feat. Beyoncé; Lambert, Adam; Lambert, Miranda; Langley, Noel; Leisz, Greg; Lewinson, Pete; Lewis, John; Maroon 5; Mars, Bruno; Marsteller, Loren; Martin, Andy; Martin, Max; Martinez, Miguel; Matthewman, Clay; Matthewman, Gordon; Matthewman, Stuart; Mayer, John; Mitchell, John; Molchan, Dennis; Momrelle, Tony; Moraga, Jorge; Moraga-Clayton, Giovanna; Morgenthaler, Bruce; Muller, Sophie; Nelson, Everton; Osbourne, Leroy; Padilla, Raphael; Palladino, Pino; Paramore; Phillinganes, Greg; Ray LaMontagne And The Pariah Dogs; Richards, Steve; Rosinsky, Anatoly; Sade; Scruggs, Randy; Shellback; Shelton, Don; Shirinian, Harry; Shostac, Dave Shostac; Shulman, Andrew; Swift, Taylor; Tominaga, JoAnn; Train; Tsan, Cecilia; Vaiman, Philip;
Various; Wachtel, Waddy; Warren, Mervyn; Watanabe, Miwako; Wirtz, Rodney; Worf, Glenn; Yoakum, John; Zippert, Shari

Composers/Writers
Adu, Helen; Amy Foster; Anka, Paul; B. Levin; B. McKee; Beyoncé; Björklund, Amund; Broadus, C.; Brown, Christopher Steven; Bublé, Michael; Cain, J.; Cain, Khari; Carmichael, Jesse; Cee Lo Green; Chang, Alan; D. Haywood; Daniels, LaShawn; Douglas, Tom; Farrar, Sam; Farro, Josh; Franklin, Lazonte; Gottwald, L.; Grant, Alexander; Grey, Skylar; H.Scott; Janes, Juan; Jerkins, Rodney; K. Perry; Kear, J.; Kelley, C.; LaMontagne, Ray; Lady Gaga; Lawrence, Phillip; Levine, Adam; Levine, Ari; Lind, Espen; M.Martin; Mars, Bruno; Martin, Max; Mathers III, Marshall; Matthewman, Stuart; Mayer, John; Michael J. Jackson; Monahan, Pat; Nicholls, Andrew; P!nk; Perry, S.; Schon, N.; Shamblin, Allen; Shellback; Simmons, Jr., Bobby; The Arcade Fire; Walton, Khalil; Williams, Hayley

Mixers
Freeland, Ryan; Ghenea, Serban; Lord-Alge, Chris; Peer Astrom; Sides, Allen; Stent, Mark; Thorn, Brian
Stay tuned for the 'official' released artwork. Although it's clear Adam Lambert will be on the CD art, there still may be some final tweaks to color, placement, graphics, etc. (perhaps tweaks so small we won't even notice) on the artwork that has circulated on the internet in the past two days.

Lambert and his rendition of P!nk's 'Whataya Want From Me' is nominated for the 2011 GRAMMY in the category of Best Male Pop Vocal Performance.

While Carrie Underwood and Fantasia are the other two 'American Idol' alums that were nominated this year, they do not appear on the CD, which leans heavily toward pop.

Such an exciting time for Adam Lambert and his many fans! Best wishes from the American Idol Examiner on the upcoming GRAMMY award, and here's hoping he will be asked to perform during the Feb. 13 show.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CastroFan4Life' date='Jan 6th 2011, 12:35 AM'

Something interesting.
CBS is running a Sweepstakes. You sign on to the network web site and make your Grammy picks in the major categories and it registers you to win $500.
I enter sweepstakes so I did it.
When you enter, it shows you the current % of votes each person has.
In Adam's category, Michael Jackson is far in the lead BUT Adam is 2nd and he's far ahead of everyone else.
It's basically a popularity contest and gauge of public opinion BUT the fact that it isn't being spammed by Adam fans AND he's managing to come in 2nd to Michael Jackson shows you how popular he really is with the general public. ::yes::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'islandgirljams' date='Jan 6th 2011, 10:34 AM'

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/th...-112998284.html

GRAMMY CD PRESS RELEASE!!

Products & Services Knowledge Center Browse News Releases Contact PR Newswire
See more news releases in: Entertainment, Music, New Products & Services

The Recording Academy® and Jive Records Team Up to Release 2011 GRAMMY® Nominees Album

The Ultimate 19-Song Collection Will Be Available Jan. 25 and Spotlights 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards® Nominees

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Recording Academy®'s (http://www.grammy.com) GRAMMY Recordings® has partnered with Jive Records to release the 2011 GRAMMY® Nominees album, the 17th edition of the best-selling series, which highlights artists and songs nominated for the 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards®. The 19-song collection will be available Jan. 25 and a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the album will benefit the MusiCares® Foundation (http://www.musicares.com) and the GRAMMY Foundation® (http://www.grammyfoundation.com) — two charitable organizations established by The Recording Academy. For more information on the nominees album, please visit http://www.2011grammycd.com. For breaking news and exclusive content, join The Academy's social networks as a Twitter follower at http://www.twitter.com/thegrammys, a Facebook fan at http://www.facebook.com/thegrammys, and a YouTube channel subscriber at http://www.youtube.com/thegrammys.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110106/LA25724)
"The exceptional mix of recordings contained on this preeminent compilation provides an incredible playlist from some of this year's remarkable and talented GRAMMY nominees," said Neil Portnow, President/CEO of The Recording Academy. "With 19 diverse selections, the nominees album offers quality recordings for all music fans. We are proud and excited to, for the first time, collaborate with Jive Records on this project and we look forward to another successful chart-topping GRAMMY album."
"The 2011 GRAMMY Nominees album showcases some of the year's best artists and songs from all genres and we're honored to partner with The Recording Academy to release this compilation of the signature songs from the past year," said Ivan Gavin, COO of the RCA/JIVE Label Group. "In addition to offering great music, the collection also gives music fans the opportunity to support MusiCares and the GRAMMY Foundation — two charities that benefit the artistic community."
The album includes many of the most widely recognized GRAMMY categories with 19 tracks representing nominees for Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Best Male Pop Vocal Performance, and Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals. The album is made possible by a special arrangement with all of the major music distribution companies and rotates labels from year to year.
The 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards will be held Sunday, Feb. 13 at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, and will be broadcast live in high-definition TV and 5.1 surround sound on the CBS Television Network from 8 – 11:30 p.m. (ET/PT).
2011 GRAMMY Nominees Album Tracklist:
CEE LO GREEN

"Forget You"

Record Of The Year

Song Of The Year
B.o.B FEAT. BRUNO MARS

"Nothin' On You"

Record Of The Year
KATY PERRY FEAT. SNOOP DOGG

"California Gurls"

Album Of The Year
LADY GAGA FEAT. BEYONCE

"Telephone"

Album Of The Year
EMINEM FEAT. RIHANNA

"Love The Way You Lie"

Record Of The Year

Album Of The Year

Song Of The Year
LADY ANTEBELLUM

"Need You Now"

Record Of The Year

Album Of The Year

Song Of The Year
ARCADE FIRE

"Ready To Start"

Album Of The Year
ADAM LAMBERT :devil:

"Whataya Want From Me"

Best Male Pop Vocal Performance

JOHN MAYER

"Half Of My Heart" (with Taylor Swift)

MICHAEL BUBLE

"Haven't Met You Yet"

BRUNO MARS

"Just The Way You Are"

MICHAEL JACKSON

"This Is It"

RAY LAMONTAGNE and the PARIAH DOGS

"Beg Steal Or Borrow"

Song Of The Year
MIRANDA LAMBERT

"The House That Built Me"

Song Of The Year
SADE

"Babyfather"

Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals
PARAMORE

"The Only Exception"

TRAIN

"Hey, Soul Sister" (Live)

MAROON 5

"Misery"

GLEE CAST

"Don't Stop Believin'" (Regionals Version)

About The Recording Academy
Established in 1957, The Recording Academy is an organization of musicians, producers, engineers and recording professionals that is dedicated to improving the cultural condition and quality of life for music and its makers. Internationally known for the GRAMMY Awards — the preeminent peer-recognized award for musical excellence and the most credible brand in music — The Recording Academy is responsible for groundbreaking professional development, cultural enrichment, advocacy, education and human services programs. The Academy continues to focus on its mission of recognizing musical excellence, advocating for the well-being of music makers and ensuring music remains an indelible part of our culture. For more information about The Academy, please visit http://www.grammy.com. For breaking news and exclusive content, join the organization's social networks as a Twitter follower at http://www.twitter.com/thegrammys, a Facebook fan at http://www.facebook.com/thegrammys, and a YouTube channel subscriber at http://www.youtube.com/thegrammys.
About Jive Records
Jive Records is a record label within the JIVE Label Group. The label represents a varied group of internationally renowned artists representing all genres of music including Justin Timberlake, R. Kelly, Usher (LaFace), Tool (Volcano), Ciara (LaFace), P!nk (LaFace), Britney Spears, OutKast (LaFace), Kirk Franklin (Verity), Three Days Grace, T-Pain, Marvin Sapp (Verity), Jordin Sparks, JLS, Bullet For My Valentine, Buddy Guy, Anthony Hamilton and more. JIVE Label Group is a unit of Sony Music Entertainment.
SOURCE The Recording Academy
RELATED LINKS
http://www.grammy.com

Return to “2011 E&A”