2011-02-13 The Grammy's - NOMINATION

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'leothelion' date='Jan 30th 2011, 8:37 AM'

I don't know whether or not it is meaningful, but I have just seen the first promo for watching the Grammy's here in Asia and Adam's name flashed on the screen. This is a promo for the Grammy TV show. If he is not going to be shown in any form, I don't know why they would use his name. ????? They did not show more than about 20 artists to be watching for (actually not even 20 but it was a quick promo)
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'islandgirljams' date='Feb 1st 2011, 11:08 PM'

THIS IS NOT GOOD NEWS GUYS SOORRRRRYYY ::sad:: *ducks and runs for cover*
This girl on twitter is non cray, and i kinda believe her.... sigh sigh

AZGlamFan AZGlamFan
@jam2885 Really wish he was performing too... Still very proud he's nominated.
37 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

AZGlamFan AZGlamFan
@jam2885 Said sets were finalized today & seats, etc. adjusted accordingly like for Pink's aerial number last year...
39 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

AZGlamFan AZGlamFan
@PastaBaby He didn't say, but know they can make changes to award shows down to the telecast...
1 hour ago

AZGlamFan AZGlamFan
@TeliseGlamGleek Yes& right Tyra! Also, it's still a major honor just to be Grammy nominated for your first album! #grammyforadam
1 hour ago

AZGlamFan AZGlamFan
@TeliseGlamGleek He wasn't sure about presenting as that can be tweaked until closer to the show. So we'll all keep hoping...
1 hour ago

AZGlamFan AZGlamFan
@Glammygirl212 Someone that works with Grammy's...
1 hour ago

AZGlamFan AZGlamFan
@PastaBaby Someone inside the organization. He said Grammy sets were finalized today...
1 hour ago

AZGlamFan AZGlamFan
Just heard @adamlambert is not performing at Grammy's, may still be presenting. ... : (
1 hour ago
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'sealuv' date='Feb 2nd 2011, 7:20 PM'

http://www.examiner.com/urban-pop-in-natio...ward-presenters
Selena Gomez, Nicki Minaj, Shelton lead 2011 Grammy Award presenters
February 2nd, 2011 9:03 am ET

With the countdown to music's biggest night officially kicked off by Lady Gaga, 53rd Annual Grammy Award presenters have begun to be announced.

Organizers confirmed the first round of presenters early Wednesday with Selena Gomez, Nicki Minaj and Blake Shelton leading the pack.

As widely reported, this year's Grammy Awards will feature a mega line up of performances including recently announced additions Rihanna, Drake, Cee-lo Green and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Norah Jones, LL Cool J (Todd Smith), and Dierks Bentley round out this year's first round of presenters, also confirmed Wednesday.

In related news, Lady Gaga has begun the countdown to not only the Grammy Awards but the premiere of her anticipated single "Born This Way" which will premiere Grammy night.

"So many nights I've wept, too many thoughts to say. But now its less than 12 days left, till I was Born This Way," wrote Lady Gaga earlier this week. "X Mother Monster."

The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards will be presented Sunday, February 13 (CBS). Additional presenters are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.

Looks like not all presenters have been announced .....
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'islandgirljams' date='Feb 2nd 2011, 8:31 PM'

Grammy Guide: Who'll Win Best Pop Vocal Performance?

http://awards.music.yahoo.com/blog/58-gram...cal-performance

by: Caryn Ganz - Mon, Jan 31, 2011, 1:39 PM PST

On February 13th, the music biz will celebrate albums and songs that came out between September 1st, 2009 and September 30th, 2010 at the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards. Who will win, you may ask -- and who should win? You've come to the right place. The Amp is breaking down each of the 10 biggest categories every day until the big event.
Category: Best Female Pop Vocal Performance

Nominees: Sara Bareilles - "King of Anything"; Beyoncé - "Halo (Live)"; Norah Jones - "Chasing Pirates"; Lady Gaga - "Bad Romance"; Katy Perry - "Teenage Dream"
Who Will Win: Lady Gaga
Who Should Win: Lady Gaga
Why: "Teenage Dream" is an incredible pop song, but Perry's vocal is pretty strained (as evidenced by the immense trouble she has replicating the track live), Beyoncé already won for "Halo" last year, and while Norah Jones and Sara Bareilles are both powerhouse vocalists, their songs had far less impact than Lady Gaga's anthem. Also, Lady Gaga is performing at the Grammys, which means she'll be sure to pick up some trophies while she's there.
Who Won Last Year: Beyoncé for the album version of "Halo"
Who Won Five, 10, 20 Years Ago: Kelly Clarkson ("Since U Been Gone"), Macy Gray ("I Try"), Mariah Carey ("Vision of Love")
Category: Best Male Pop Vocal Performance

Nominees: Michael Bublé - "Haven't Met You Yet"; Michael Jackson - "This Is It"; Adam Lambert - "Whataya Want From Me"; Bruno Mars - "Just the Way You Are"; John Mayer - "Half of My Heart"
Who Will Win: Bruno Mars
Who Should Win: Adam Lambert ::wub::
Why: Mars is the record industry's pet project at the moment -- everyone looked the other way when he was busted with cocaine in Vegas, and he performed at the Grammy nomination concert like a billion times (beating Britney for Number One on the Hot 100 doesn't hurt, either). But Lambert's bared-soul ballad was one of the best moments on his debut album, and one heck of a vocal take. None of the other nominees come close to the acrobatics on Lambert's track, but people haven't exactly been lining up to get him onstage at awards shows since his AMAs debacle.
Who Won Last Year: Jason Mraz's "Make It Mine"
Who Won Five, 10, 20 Years Ago: Stevie Wonder ("From the Bottom of My Heart"), Sting ("She Walks This Earth"), Roy Orbison ("Oh, Pretty Woman")
[Photo: David Wolff-Patrick/Getty Images (Gaga) Marco Prosch/Getty Images (Mars)]
Listen to GRAMMY Radio

OMG, all i can say is:
a. i want to find said writer and give her a big hug
b. this fills me with hope that there is a POSSIBILITY ::winking::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'barb4Adam' date='Feb 2nd 2011, 10:59 PM'

Adam Lambert back on Billboard 200 chart – this time for 'Grammy Nominee' CD

* February 2nd, 2011 2:14 pm ET

Adam Lambert is back on the Billboard 200 chart this week, charting higher than all other American Idols. But it is not Adam’s For Your Entertainment album that charted, rather, it is the debut of the 2011 Grammy Nominee CD that was released last week. According to a report released today by USA Today, the Grammy compilation CD has debuted on the billboard chart at #4, selling 38,000 units, based on Nielsen SoundScan data.

Adam was announced as one of the 19 featured artists on the 2011 Grammy Nominee CD several weeks ago. Included on the CD is his hit song Whataya Want From Me, which is the song in which he was nominated for the “Best Male Pop Vocal Performance” Grammy category.

Adam’s fans are excited to see him at next week’s Grammy awards ceremony. However, in past years, the “Best Male Pop Vocal Performance” category has been announced during the pre-telecast. If that is the case this year, fans can still watch the pre-telecast, as it will be streamed live online http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pr...-115000419.html

Even if Adam’s category is shown on the pre-telecast, he will still most likely appear at the televised Grammy event, as he did last year, despite not even having a nomination. Rumor is that Adam will probably not be performing at the televised Grammy award ceremony this year. However, there is still a chance that he could be presenting an award.
Continue reading on Examiner.com: Adam Lambert back on Billboard 200 chart – this time for 'Grammy Nominee' CD - National Adam Lambert | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/adam-lambert-in-na...d#ixzz1CqG1ojWg
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Lulu2365' date='Feb 3rd 2011, 5:21 AM'

@adamlambert For all those who are asking, no, unfortunately I'm not performing at the Grammys. Also, I don't think my category is televised. I AM, however, going to have a great time! :)
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'barb4Adam' date='Feb 3rd 2011, 10:47 AM'

Wonderful ::wub:: ...
Adam Lambert for "Whataya Want from Me"

"American Idol alum Adam Lambert received his first well-deserved Grammy nomination for his smash-hit "Whataya Want from Me." Lambert's "Whataya Want from Me," which showcases his dymanic vocal range, went on to peak at #10 on Billboard's Hot 100 Charts; furthermore, "Whataya Want from Me" was a hit in the international level, reaching the Top 5 in various countries including Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, New Zealand, Finland, Poland, Hungary and Germany.

Vocally, Lambert's "Whataya Want from Me" is the most compelling performance of this year's "Best Male Pop Vocal" Grammy nominees. Hopefully, Lambert's first Grammy nomination is a harbinger of bigger and better things to come from Adam Lambert, one of pop music's brightest new stars".

Read more at Suite101: 2011 Grammy Award Nominees: Best Male Pop Vocal Performance http://www.suite101.com/content/2011-gramm...7#ixzz1CuI4epZW
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'jnmk' date='Feb 3rd 2011, 10:46 PM'

NY Post thinks adam deserves it, but MJ will win. i'm glad adam is at least getting props in all these articles. ::yes::

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/gram...DBOqOnTaknpoolN

2011 Grammy noms and predictions

Best Male Pop Vocal Performance
"Haven't Met You Yet" - Michael Buble
"This is It" - Michael Jackson
"Whataya Want From Me" - Adam Lambert
"Just The Way You Are" - Bruno Mars
"Half of My Heart" - John Mayer

Two words, pity vote. Two more words, Lambert jipped.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'islandgirljams' date='Feb 4th 2011, 12:33 PM'

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1657248/2...mmy-snubs.jhtml

Feb 4 2011 6:52 AM EST 2,048
Grammy 2011 Snubs Include Adam Lambert, Ke$ha, Big Boi, Rihanna
While Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber were both nominated, they didn't get as much love as some expected.
By Gil Kaufman
6 13 1 More »
Text Size Decrease Increase
You hear it all the time: "I'm just thankful to be nominated." It's the gracious and polite thing to say, and artists who lose out on major awards always feel compelled to offer it up.

But what if you never even get nominated?

Every year, there are head-slapping omissions from the roster of nominees at the big awards-fests (Christopher Nolan at the Oscars, anyone?), and this year's 53rd annual Grammy Awards (which take place February 13) are no exception.

In the night's biggest category, Album of the Year, there was plenty of griping from critics about the inclusion of Katy Perry's Teenage Dream, which many considered too lightweight for the night's top prize. But there was also a bit of talk about Justin Bieber's smash My World 2.0 not making it into the mix in the major categories, even if Bieber can lick his wounds with his Best New Artist and Best Pop Vocal Album love.

Though the rules about the Best New Artist category have since been changed to avoid such a problem in the future, Lady Gaga has been the victim of Grammy snubs before. She earned six nominations this year, including coveted Album of the Year for The Fame Monster, but it was mystifying that her huge hit, "Bad Romance," didn't get any Record or Song of the Year nominations.

What gives?

"They want her for ratings, but I think the Grammys are still a bit freaked out by Gaga," said Entertainment Weekly music writer Leah Greenblatt. "There were so many shenanigans about her not being nominated for Best New Artist that I think the Grammys got shamed over that. It's possible they would try to make it up to her by showering her with nominations and I could see her win in major categories [in the future], but I think they're not quite ready for her." That could, of course, change next year when Gaga's Born This Way is in the running.

Another diva used to serious Grammy love, Alicia Keys, was totally shut out for her The Element of Freedom album. "It's interesting that Alicia Keys got nothing," she said. "Her and John Mayer are practically on the ballots every year whether they qualify for eligibility or not. And I think 'Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart' was one of the year's best singles." And reclusive Grammy bait Sade got a pair of notices for her singles "Soldier of Love" and "Babyfather" in the R&B categories but no chance at any of the big prizes. Greenblatt said she was surprised by both snubs, especially since Sade's Soldier of Love album was one of the top sellers of 2010 and because the enigmatic singer had been away for nearly a decade and came back in fine, mature form, the kind of story the Grammys love to honor.

There were some eyebrows raised over the single nomination for "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert, who had a solid and creatively rich hit album with his debut, For Your Entertainment, but just a single nod for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for "Whataya Want From Me."

With Perry strutting into a number of top categories thanks to her light-as-air pop confections, it was a wonder that another pop tart with huge digital sales and big chart hits (things the Recording Academy likes to see), Ke$ha, was completely shut out of the game. Greenblatt thought the Lambert dis might fall into the same Gaga territory, with the Academy being a bit freaked out by the singer's out-and-proud persona and over-the-top antics, but when it comes to Ke$ha, she said it's probably a different story. "She had a huge impact, but I think the Grammys think she might go away, and they've chosen not to legitimize her," she speculated.

Speaking of big sales, quite a few people commented on the fact that Train's smash "Hey, Soul Sister," the best-selling single of 2010, got just one notice for a little-heard live version in the Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group category.

A couple of well-respected hip-hop acts were also conspicuously absent from the nominations list, including Outkast's Big Boi, whose acclaimed Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty was left out of the Best Rap Album category, along with Rick Ross, whose Teflon Don got no love. "Rick Ross is the kind of artist made to be ignored by the Grammys," Greenblatt said. "He has a sensibility the Grammys will almost never come around to, no matter how beloved he is by rap fans."

But given that she thought Chico Dusty was one of the best albums of 2010, Greenblatt was stunned by the freeze-out of Big Boi, who has been showered with Grammy love in the past. "It's such an achievement, a fully realized album that feels like a real tapestry, a headphones album from someone whose skills are so singular ... [from] one of the most iconic and Grammy-approved hip-hop acts of all time."

Rihanna's Rated R was also eligible but got stiffed in the major categories, landing just a Best Dance Recording nod for "Only Girl (In the World)" for her single from last year's Loud and a number of notices for her work on Eminem's "Love the Way You Lie." And if you thought Kanye West got ripped off when My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy got blanked, don't worry: It wasn't eligible this year but is in the hunt for next year.

The one omission that seemed to make sense was the two small nominations for the kids from "Glee," who are up for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals for their cover of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin' " and for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Glee: Vol. 1. Though they set cash registers ringing like crazy, it's no wonder that actors singing covers didn't garner attention at a show that ostensibly awards creativity. And no one seemed too shocked that Christina Aguilera's poorly received Bionic was ignored.

Who do you think got stiffed by the Grammys? Share your top snubs in the comments.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'sealuv' date='Feb 4th 2011, 1:28 PM'

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/post/136549-g...ng-the-grammys/
Best Male Pop Vocal

Adam Lambert’s “Whataya Want From Me” vs. Michael Jackson’s “This Is It”, Bruno Mars’ “Just yhe Way You Are”, Michael Buble’s “Haven’t Met You Yet”, and John Mayer’s “Half of My Heart”.

Normally, I’d think Jackson’s posthumous hit was a sure thing, but the song was quietly criticized as not being up to par with his previous material. The voters might just throw us a curveball by honoring someone who wasn’t invited to this year’s AMAs (the Grammy’s biggest competition), probably due to his controversial performance there last year.

I hope this hasn't been posted already, but it was from today. I'm really feelin' a momentum going on in the media towards Adam..... ::thumbup:: .... hope the GRAMMY peeps are feelin' it ...too!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Love2Lurk' date='Feb 4th 2011, 4:49 PM'

Here is another MTV article about Adam & Grammy's....he sure is getting alot of attention ::thumbup:: ::wub::

Can Adam Lambert Top The Pack For Best Male Pop Vocal? Better Know A Grammy Category
Posted 1 hr ago by Kyle Anderson in Grammys
http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/02/04/adam-la...male-pop-vocal/
The 53rd Grammy Awards are upon us, and they bring with them dozens of artists competing in 109 different categories. The performers on the show — which airs live on Sunday, February 13 — include Eminem, Cee Lo Green, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Drake, Arcade Fire, Justin Bieber, Miranda Lambert, Katy Perry, Muse, B.o.B, Usher, Bruno Mars, Jaden Smith and Janelle Monae. It promises to be one of the biggest nights in the history of music, and MTV News will be bringing you wall-to-wall coverage of the big event.

But the awards are the big draw, and just as the MTV Newsroom Blog does with the MTV Video Music Awards, here are a series of guides to some of the biggest categories on the docket. This time around: Best Male Pop Vocal Performance.

This year's nominees for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance may be the most eclectic combination of names in all the categories. It's a testament to the fact that the pop world is a proverbial big tent that welcomes in all sorts of music under the header of "pop." There's throwback crooner Michael Bublé ("Haven't Met You Yet"), late R&B legend in Michael Jackson ("This Is It"), postmodern glam rocker Adam Lambert ("Whataya Want From Me"), new school soul sensation Bruno Mars ("Just the Way You Are") and blues pop revivalist John Mayer ("Half of My Heart").

No two of those artists are alike, which makes this an extremely difficult category to pick. The Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences would probably love to honor Jackson one more time, though by that same token, this category tends to be more about looking forward than looking back (which would make Mars or Lambert the favorites). However, Mayer is also a constant Grammy threat simply because he crosses so many genres (and he has also won this award four times before — a fifth victory would give him the most category wins of all time, passing Sting and Stevie Wonder). And there's always Bublé, who sells a ton of albums and is ubiquitous among the slightly older crowd the Grammys sometimes focus on.

It's a toss-up, really, but Mars has the slight edge. He's a complete package and has been nominated a bunch, which means that the entire night could swing in his favor in a big way. However, don't be surprised if Lambert or Mayer come up from behind and end up on top.

Notable Winners: Michael Jackson, Thriller (1984); Eric Clapton, "Tears in Heaven" (1993); Justin Timberlake, "Cry Me a River" (2004)

Notable Robberies: Sting won in both 2000 and 2001, and each time he should have lost to Marc Anthony's "I Need to Know" (2000) and Ricky Martin's "She Bangs" (2001). Also, Prince's "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" should have topped Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" in 1995.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'islandgirljams' date='Feb 4th 2011, 5:27 PM'

Monday, December 27th, 2010 | Posted by Bonnie
Join Music’s Biggest Night By Voting On Your Favorite Grammy Nominee
December 27, 2010 – Written By Bonnie
The Los Angeles Staples Center is the place to be February 11th, 2011 and for those who cannot personally attend the biggest party of the year for the music industry, the CBS network will be airing the 53rd Grammy Awards for all to see. Just as we said, the Grammy Awards are the most anticipated event for all involved in the music industry. From performers to producers, back up dancers and stage crews, any part one who has in making a statement in the music industry in 2010 will be recognized at the 53rd Grammy Awards.
The performances happening at this years Grammy Awards will be one for the record books. Eminem is leading the nominations with ten, followed by some of the most successful artists in the business. Some of the hottest categories creating a buzz at online sportsbooks is Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals , Record of the Year , Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, Best Male Pop Vocal Performance, all of which can be found at the top online sportsbooks for entertainment betting, Bodog.
The Grammy Awards are always worth watching, if not for the performances, then for the awards being handed out for the artists who make listening to the radio worth it. Only the best of the best will be acknowledged in 2010, despite others being worthy of admiration and nomination. Many awards will be handed out during this event, some of which are well over due.
Monday 12/27 – Bodog 53rd GRAMMY Awards –

Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals
Don’t Stop Believin’ – Glee Cast-450
Misery – Maroon 5 +600
The Only Exception – Paramore +1600
Babyfather – Sade +700
Hey, Soul Sister (Live) – Train +900
53rd GRAMMY Awards – Odds to win Record of the Year
Nothin’ on You – B.o.B (Feat. Bruno Mars) +550
Love The Way You Lie – Eminem (feat. Rihanna) +200
F*** You – Cee Lo Green +550
Empire State Of Mind – Jay-Z & Alicia Keys -110
Need You Now – Lady Antebellum +450

53rd GRAMMY Awards – Odds to win Best Female Pop Vocal Performance
King Of Anything – Sara Bareilles +700
Halo (Live) – Beyoncé +375
Chasing Pirates – Norah Jones +1200
Bad Romance – Lady Gaga -140
Teenage Dream – Katy Perry +250

53rd GRAMMY Awards – Odds to win Best Male Pop Vocal Performance
Haven’t Met You Yet – Michael Bublé +1600
This Is It – Michael Jackson-700
Whataya Want From Me – Adam Lambert +700
Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars +2000
Half Of My Heart – John Mayer +1000

Again the lower the better, so Adam is AGAIN only second to MJ ::woot::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Lulu2365' date='Feb 5th 2011, 8:46 PM'

I'am watching Global TV & they used Adam's WWFM for the background music to advertise The Grammy awards during the commercial ::smile::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Adam_Fan_Forever' date='Feb 7th 2011, 12:09 PM'

Adam as a panelist on a music discussion. OMG! This should be awesome!

http://www.grammy.com/news/the-recording-a...ck-stars-summit

February 07, 2011 -- 6:55 am
GRAMMY.com
(For a complete list of 53rd GRAMMY Awards nominees, click here.)

In celebration of its continuing commitment to music and social and new media platforms, The Recording Academy will once again recognize the pioneers and influencers in this space by bringing them together for its GRAMMY Social Media Rock Stars Summit. The summit will be held Friday, Feb. 11 at the Conga Room at L.A. Live and will be streamed live from 2–3:30 p.m. PT/5–6:30 p.m. ET on GRAMMY.com and on YouTube, kicking off three days of GRAMMY Live — a real-time, innovative three-day online broadcast of the VIP events leading up to Music's Biggest Night.

Prior to walking the red carpet at the 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards on Sunday, Feb. 13, a group of thought-leaders will engage in a milestone conversation regarding relevant issues concerning music and mobile — beyond the ringtone and digital download. The forward-thinking panel will feature some of the world's social and new media trailblazers, including GRAMMY winner Chamillionaire, who is RIAA-certified as the biggest-selling ringtone solo artist; current GRAMMY nominee Adam Lambert; Facebook Director of Platform Product Marketing Ethan Beard; Foursquare Co-Founder Naveen Selvadurai; and Pandora founder & Chief Strategy Officer Tim Westergren. The panel will be moderated by veteran broadcast music journalist John Norris.

This in-depth discussion will go beyond the ringtone and the digital download to cover the explosive growth of mobile devices as MP3 players, smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices have altered the way consumers interact with music. Additionally, the summit will explore how the industry engages fans and consumers to share new music and how content has had a defined impact on the business. The panelists will discuss these issues and other related topics during the 90-minute event before a live audience and online interactive community, and the conversation will include: streaming music: ownership and copyright; how artists connect with fans through mobile applications and social media; the importance of music in mobile applications and games; how the music industry can embrace the new mobile world; the importance of location-based applications pertaining to the live music experience; privacy issues within the mobile ecosystem; and more.

The 2010 Social Media Rock Stars Summit featured 30 Seconds To Mars’ frontman Jared Leto, former CNN host Rick Sanchez, and the founders/CEOs of Digg, Flip, Mashable, MySpace, Tumblr, Twitter, and YouTube.

Tune in to the 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards on the CBS Television Network from 8–11:30 p.m. ET/PT. For GRAMMY coverage, updates and breaking news, please visit The Recording Academy's social networks on Facebook and Twitter.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'islandgirljams' date='Feb 7th 2011, 5:33 PM'

OMG!!! YAAAAYYYY

@TheGroveLA The Grove LA
@MarioLopezExtra interviews one of our favorite #idols @AdamLambert for @ExtraTV on Wed 2/9 at 1:30pm @TheGroveLA.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'AniMaL' date='Feb 8th 2011, 11:06 AM'

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/promos/2011/02/06-week/
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'sealuv' date='Feb 8th 2011, 2:37 PM'

53rd ANNUAL GRAMMY® AWARDS: Can Adam Lambert Win?
Written by TVG
Tuesday, 08 February 2011 07:13
53rd ANNUAL
GRAMMY® AWARDS

Can Adam Lambert Win?

The 53rd ANNUAL GRAMMY® AWARDS, Music's Biggest Night®, will broadcast from Los Angeles' Staples Center live Sunday, Feb. 13, 2011, (8:00-11:30 PM, ET/Delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.
Adam Lambert sprang onto the music scene two years ago after finishing as runner up on American Idol. Adam's performances on American Idol were memorable to say the least. It was at that point he began to build a fan base that just contines to grow. There is no doubt that Adam Lambert likes to be edgy and pushes the controversial to the limit which certianly keeps his name in the news. The question is, can Adam Lambert go from being one of the biggest reality TV stars to a GRAMMY® Winner? We will find out this Sunday. Good Luck Adam.]
"The '52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards' was a dynamic, memorable evening, and it delivered our highest ratings since 2004 and the biggest year-to-year increase in more than 20 years," said Neil Portnow, President/CEO of The Recording Academy. "We have every intention of keeping that momentum with our 53rd show, and once again we are thrilled to be bringing the excellence and excitement of our GRAMMY Week events and charitable initiatives to the city of Los Angeles. We also look forward to working on another outstanding GRAMMY telecast with our partners and good friends at CBS and STAPLES Center."
"The 53rd ANNUAL GRAMMY AWARDS will once again be event television with exciting and memorable performances that will entertain and engage our audience," said Jack Sussman, Executive Vice President, Specials, Music and Live Events, CBS. "We look forward to working with our partners at The Recording Academy to make Music's Biggest Night an event that can't be missed."
GRAMMY Week - a week-long series of cultural events culminating in Music's Biggest Night - will again feature celebrations of music, fashion, education and philanthropy. Events include the "Salute To" series, GRAMMY Style Studio, GRAMMY Career DaySM, Clive Davis and The Recording Academy Pre-GRAMMY Gala, the annual MusiCares® Person of the Year Tribute, the GRAMMY Foundation's Music Preservation Event, the Entertainment Law Initiative and the Producers & Engineers Wing event, among others.

53rd ANNUAL GRAMMY® AWARDS SITE
http://www.grammy.com/
Nominated Tunes Page
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/2011-gram...ees/id414954402
More hype for our Man... I say ...."damn right he can"
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Lulu2365' date='Feb 9th 2011, 7:40 AM'

Brad Bessey Executive Producer: The Talk
@BradBesseyTALK Welcome to L.A. all of u who came 4 @adamlambert @TheTalk_CBS tom. We're taking audience questions so bring 'em. Not here? Watch on TV LIVE.
@BradBesseyTALK @Ala4adam - We're all set to ask about his birthday and Charity Water Project. Love Trevor Project.

@extratv @adamlambert will be stopping by @TheGroveLA tomrrow at 1:30PM for interview with @reneebargh. Come'on down!!

RT @cantinera: Today's Extra show wasn't at the time scheduled on the sign
Then I think sometime today Adam will be taping for the Ellen Show which airs the next day.

@RCAPromo Adam Lambert @AdamLambert will be performing on @TheEllenShow on Thursday Feb 10th! @TheGRAMMYs #WWFM

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/promos/2011/02/06-week/
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'islandgirljams' date='Feb 9th 2011, 9:43 AM'

http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/gra...0717019,00.html
The Hottest Hair in Music
Adam Lambert
HIT SINGLE Adam Lambert was nominated for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for "Whataya Want from Me"
HIT STYLE: A Beatles-esque mop crop that's spiky and jet black.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'islandgirljams' date='Feb 10th 2011, 2:06 AM'

AMERICAN IDOL NEWS!Subscribe to News

http://www.americanidol.com/news/view/pid/4392/

February 9, 2011 | 07:27 pm PT
Exclusive Interview with Adam Lambert
Season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert has become an international superstar. With the Grammy Awards this weekend and a live CD and DVD on the horizon, we hopped on the phone with the singer to catch up on all things Adam!

Adam Lambert received his first Grammy Award nomination for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for his hit single “Whataya Want From Me.” We wanted to find out if he has pre-Grammy jitters, a glamorous outfit, and who he’ll take with him. “I’m riding solo,” Adam revealed. “It’s one of those things where it’s both fun and work. I feel like it would be rude to bring someone and then have to work. This way I can focus and interact. I think I know what I’m wearing, but I can always change my mind last minute. I’m a fashion schizophrenic!”

Today, Adam alerted his fans that he’ll be releasing a live CD/DVD from his Glam Nation Tour on March 22nd. What was the reason for the decision? The fans! “My fans are so amazing,” Adam said. “I saw so many familiar faces at multiple shows. When I would talk to people at my meet and greets, they would say that they loved everything about the tour—the costumes, musicians, and dancers. We decided it would be a great idea to capture it all for anyone who didn’t get a chance to come see the tour or for people who want a memento. I started reviewing the footage and provided a little input. It’s looking great.”

Idol Community member IowaGyrl wondered what Adam’s favorite tour memory was. He explained, “There wasn’t one stand-out moment; it was a big 6 month experience, so it’s tough to choose one memory. I loved being able to go to so many places internationally like Paris, Italy, Australia, Finland, Sweden, and Norway.”

Community member AlienLioness wanted to know about Adam’s next album and what he meant by it having “a darker edge.” Adam told us, “By ‘darker edge’ it may just be one song. I’m focusing on the vocals and making the album sincere, genuine, and personal. It’s an experiment; we record a bunch and then take it to the drawing board.” What are Adam’s inspirations when writing songs? “I’ve had a rollercoaster year and I draw on those experiences. I have an amazing fan base that keeps up with both my professional and personal life. With the next album I will open a door so that they can understand my feelings.”

Adam collaborated with some big names on For Your Entertainment including Pink, Max Martin, Kara DioGuardi, Lady Gaga, and Rivers Cuomo, among others. Who would he like to collaborate with on his future music? And Rhelburn wondered if he plans on including his band mates from the Glam Nation Tour. Well, he wouldn’t reveal that, but he did say, “I have a few tricks up my sleeve. I don’t really know yet, but we’re beginning to plan and I’d love to collaborate with my Glam Nation musicians.”

Lately, some of the biggest hits in the music industry have been duets. Who would Adam like to sing with? “Performing with David Bowie would be a dream come true for me. He’s such an innovator and he’s not afraid to express himself and be different.”

To all of the Season 10 contestants who hope to walk in Adam’s boots, he says, “The key is to find some way to stand out, but it has to be authentic. Be original, and the element of surprise is one of the best ways to keep people interested.”

Adam ended with a message for all of the Glamberts: “I am so happy to be home after an amazing six month tour. It was great to see so many of the fans.”

View photos of Adam performing on the Glam Nation Tour in LA.

Find out about the live Glam Nation CD/DVD.

Return to “2011 E&A”