2011-02-13 The Grammy's - NOMINATION

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'islandgirljams' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 3:24 AM'

jambajim jim cantiello
Oh. Adam's up against Bruno Mars? That dude was basically created in a test tube by Grammy voters. Godspeed, Mr Lambert! I'd vote for ya!
3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

jambajim jim cantiello
Wooot @adamlambert!! Your competitors best be shaking in their (far less stylish) boots. Best Male Pop Vocal Grammy nom? You got this, son!!
3 hours ago

OF COURSE WINNING WOULD BE AMAZING, but to me, just seeing his name beside Michael Jackson's on the official list was beyond my wildest dreams.

Now... is this an automatic Michael win? Or is there a CHANCE??
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'islandgirljams' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 3:36 AM'

http://www2.grammy.com/GRAMMY_Awards/Voting/

Grammy Awards Voting Process!
The process begins with members and record companies submitting entries, which are then screened for eligibility and category placement. The Academy's voting members, all involved in the creative and technical processes of recording, then participate in (1) the nominating process that determines the five finalists in each category; and (2) the final voting process which determines the GRAMMY winners.

Submission
Recording Academy members and record companies enter recordings and music videos released during the eligibility year which they consider worthy of recognition in the GRAMMY Awards process.

Screening
Reviewing sessions by more than 150 experts in various fields are held to ensure that entered recordings meet specific qualifications and have been placed in appropriate fields such as Rock, R&B, Jazz, Country, Gospel, New Age, Rap, Classical and Latin, among others. The purpose of screenings is not to make artistic or technical judgments about the recordings, but rather to make sure that each entry is eligible and placed in its proper category.

Nominating
First-round ballots are sent to voting members in good dues standing. To help ensure the quality of the voting, members are directed to vote only in their fields of expertise; they may nominate in the four general categories (Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year and Best New Artist) and in no more than nine (9) out of the 29 fields. Ballots are tabulated by the independent accounting firm of Deloitte.

Special Nominating Committees
In craft and other specialized categories, final nominations are determined by national nomination review committees comprised of voting members from all of The Academy's Chapter cities.

Final Voting
Final-round ballots are sent to voting members in good dues standing. The finalists determined by the special nominating committees are also included in this ballot. In this final round, Recording Academy members may vote in the four general categories and in no more than eight (8) of the 29 fields. Ballots again are tabulated by the independent accounting firm of Deloitte.

Results
Results of members' voting are not known until the GRAMMY Awards presentation ceremony when names of the winners are delivered by Deloitte in sealed envelopes. GRAMMY Award winners are revealed during the GRAMMY Awards telecast.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Hand' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 3:37 AM'

And more flaily friend tweets ::haha::

simoncurtis Omg congratulations @adamlambert on your GRAMMY NOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!! Afgdhxbjxnfkjshzbsghfjks!!!

BambolaBambina Congrats baby boy @adamlambert on your Grammy nomination! I love you tons! And you deserve it all!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'drowsybrowser' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 4:00 AM'

The Mostly-Guessing Musical Evaluation of Adam's chances of winning.
By Drowsybrowser.

He has a shot. I actually don't think Michael Jackson is going to win. This is It isn't MJ's or the category's best vocal performance. I think Jim is right and it's between Adam and Bruno Mars. IMO Michael Buble would be a stronger contender if the song wasn't Haven't Met You Yet, and John Mayer's Half of My Heart was only popularized because Taylor Swift duetted on the radio edit.

From a musical perspective, Just the Way You Are is actually tied with WWFM on vocal proficiency, with one major exception; Bruno Mars' voice is majorly auto-tuned on the record. He doesn't always need auto-tune, as witnessed tonight on the Nomination show, but for some reason the amount of studio sweetening just really grates on my ears. I've heard him in other performances (SNL anyone?) and he's not as consistent as Adam. He has a naturally high voice and a lot of ability, but doesn't always sing in a healthy way. Tonight he did and he sounded great. Adam is definitely the better singer, but Mars is close.

In terms of artistic expression, that's pretty close too. Mars is appropriately sweet and earnest, his phrasing is solid (example: the way he leans on "so" in "she hates, but I think it's SO sexy..."). He sings like an actor, the same way Adam does. To the fans, Adam's WWFM is a triumph because Adam is a chameleon- on none of the other FYE tracks does he sound particularly how he sounds on WWFM. To the general public, it's how they know him best. The almost-glottal-shock on the "a" of "want" reminds me of an acoustic guitar-type singer, totally out of left field and immediately attention-getting. The call-response lament at the climax of the song is heartbreaking and difficult to pull off. Mars would not be able to navigate that particular vocal passage. Adam's best line, IMO, is the very final whataya want from me.

I think Bruno Mars has the edge simply because JTWYA sounds like more of a feat than WWFM. I hear that song on the radio and go "wow. He's good. I want to hear Adam do it better." But if the Grammy voters (musicians and producers mostly) recognize Adam's vocal ability and that Mars had help in the studio, it will go to Adam. In my slightly biased opinion it should. (Also, thank your lucky stars that F*ck You isn't in this category, because that vocal is incredible too.) Cross your fingers guys, it's close. ::thumbs::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Hand' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 4:27 AM'

FINALLY! It's 9.30 am in Paris.

adamlambert Woah!!! Just got the news! A Grammy nomination?!?! I'm floored and honored. There are no words....
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'barb4Adam' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 10:03 AM'

@pearlclutchers If Mr Lambert is asked to perform at the Grammys, we hope he remembers his manners and lip-syncs so the other performers don't feel bad. about 9 hours ago via web

Gotta love the Pearl Clutchers ::haha::
http://twitter.com/PearlClutchers
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'barb4Adam' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 11:00 AM'

ADAM LAMBERT HAS BEEN NOMINATED for a GRAMMY!
Adam Lambert and His Fans Are Not Disapointed This Time!
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6..._for.html?cat=2

Adam Lambert's fans are use to disappointment so they geared up for this one when the Grammy nominations were released tonight. It was a joyous night when
Adam Lambert got the nomination he deserved. Unlike the American Music Awards the Grammys are suppose to be based on ability rather than popularity. As Adam's fans know his virtuoso vocals are second to none. No one in the current entertainment industry can out croon Adam Lambert. This nomination was justly deserved. Whataya Want From Me sold more than 3 million copies worldwide. Here is where Lambert has charted.

Whataya Want From Me - Single

There are 1,582,000 US sales for Whataya Want From Me as of October 2010 including remixes

US Platinum 1,582,000 October - 2010

Canada 4 X Platinum 320,000 March - 2010

New Zealand Platinum 15,000 August -2010

Australia 2 X Platinum 140,000 November - 2010

Denmark Gold 7,500 units: July 2010

Germany Gold 100,000 November - 2010

Switzerland Gold 15,000 November - 2010

We know that WWFM has sold 2,179,500 certified singles worldwide and many more that we cannot yet document.

Update! As of July 2010 the World Charts show that over 3 million WWFM singles have been sold.

Adam Lambert has yet to return to the US from his wildly successful international leg of his Glam Nation Tour. Lambert sold out venues around the globe and convinced nation after nation that he was a serious and talented entertainer. What a fantastic homecoming it is now that Lambert is recognized for his undeniable talent and nominated for a Grammy in the USA. Adam Lambert we are all proud of you! Just a thought. How badly did Lambert's fans hurt the AMA ratings when Adam's fans were watching Adam's True Hollywood Story rather than the AMAs? Did the Grammys take notice?
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'carriefan06' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 11:24 AM'

Adam's humble reaction to Grammy nod ::wub::

http://news.lalate.com/2010/12/02/adam-lam...mmy-nomination/

LOS ANGELES (LALATE) - Adam Lambert has earned his first Grammy nominations. Adam Lambert could win his first Grammy Award come this February.

The enormous talent was nominated for “Best Male Pop Vocal Performance”. Lambert picked up the nod for his breakout song “Whataya Want From Me”.

Lambert was overwhelmed by the news. He took to Twitter to say the nomination was an enormous honor. “Woah!!! Just got the news! A Grammy nomination?!?! I’m floored and honored. There are no words.” Unlike other nominees who then to strut their ego with even nomination, Lambert was clearly humbled for the honor; that humility was re-tweeted by glowing fans Thursday morning.

Lambert is in tough field. He faces the critically praised Michael Bublé with Haven’t Met you Yet, Michael Jackson with This is It, Bruno Mars with Just the Way You Are and Half of My Heart by John Mayer.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'almostgolden' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 11:28 AM'

michaelsarver1 Incredible news@adamlambert. Congrats on your Grammy nomination! Not shocked at all though. It's your destiny bro!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Hand' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 2:22 PM'

Eber ::haha::

milestougeaux @adamlambert Congrats Ad! Next major milestone according to my scorecard is a caricature cameo on Simpsons or FamilyGuy.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'raleighfan' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 3:36 PM'

From AnoopDoggDesai...

@adamlambert congrats brother, you deserve it
about 6 hours ago via Echofon in reply to adamlambert
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'MicheleDE' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 5:15 PM'

Also didn't see Cass's tweet here with the other friends:

@cassidyhaley
@adamlambert congrats! that is unreal...

Last night JoJoWright (dj for KIIS in LA) was tweeting congrats to other artists, so I tweeted him "psst don't forget Adam Lambert! ;) " and he DM'd me and said "OMG!!!!! What category?" I was thrilled he seemed so excited for Adam... a bit later he tweeted his congrats to Adam as well:

I can't forget to say CONGRATS @adamlambert on his Grammy Nomination! Also to my hero @MichaelJackson Greatest All Time! KingOfPop!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'~Claire~' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 6:02 PM'

brookesauce75
.So proud of mr. Lambert! What a way to finish the tour! Amazing! I have chills!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 8:31 PM'

RT @moodswings1: Omg just got in car, local HAC station played IIHY and after it they called him Grammy nominated Adam lambert!!! ::grin::

AWWWW ::wub:: Now he will always be known as a Grammy nominee... ::huggy:: ::heart::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'carriefan06' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 8:58 PM'

Grammy Noms Go to San Diego Artists
Courtesy Switchfoot Switchfoot and other performers with San Diego connections got the nod on Wednesday night.

Sure, sure, rap star Eminem is back, with 10, and Bruno Mars picked up eight, but also on Grammys Hot 100 list this year locals Switchfoot, who got a nod for Hello Hurricane (Best Rock or Rap Gospel Album); guyliner idol -- and Poway native -- Adam Lambert (Best Male Pop Vocal Performance) and songstress Jewel (Best Female Country Performance).

Also going for the gold are Tijuana's Ramon Amezuca and Pepe Mogt, who are up for Best Latin Rock, Alternative or Urban Album Grammy for Nortec Colective Presents: Bostich+Fussible -- the duo is in town Thursday for a pair of shows. The first kicks off at M-Theory Records in Mission Hills at 4:30 p.m.; later in the evening they will be joined by Smile Now Cry Later for a show at the Casbah.

Check out a full list of nominations here. The winners will be announced on Feb. 13
Source: Grammy Noms Go to San Diego Artists | NBC San Diego
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/blogs/sounddieg...-111218569.html
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 9:14 PM'

I just love how even the 'rags' have now moved on from Openly Gay/American Idol Runner-Up Adam Lambert to Grammy Nominee Adam Lambert....

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/1...-Joe-McElderry/

ADAM LAMBERT TO GO FOR JOE MCELDERRY

GRAMMY nominee Adam Lambert wants to hook-up with our Joe McElderry, 19.

And the Best Pop Vocal Performance contender doesn't only want to make sweet music with the South Shields man in the studio.

The Whataya Want From Me crooner, 29, told me: “I saw Joe's video the other day and I thought he was very cute. Joe is very attractive. It would be fun to meet up.”
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Hand' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 10:23 PM'

LOL Alisan. I guess she's still excited? ::haha:: I love her so much, she's so adorable... and amazing artist as well. Go buy her solo album (I think it's still available in Cdbaby) or something.

alisanporter @leecherry @scarlett_cherry @drummergirlakk @LeoMoctezuma @IamCarmit.REMINDER. @adamlambert. GRAMMY NOMINATION. Shwerkness to the MAX!!!!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Dec 2nd 2010, 10:27 PM'

The Canyons is Alisan Porter's newest project and they are opening for Adam both nights in L.A.!

The_Canyons: Good Morning Everyone!!! Congrats to our dearest friend adamlambert on his Grammy Nomination!!!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'adamazing' date='Dec 3rd 2010, 12:06 PM'

So fun - I love this thread!!!

This morning on our little Springfield, MO radio station, they played WWFM with the preface of "Grammy Nominated Recording Artist Adam Lambert", instead of the usual American Idol pre-tag. They then went on to talk about his concert in Springfield and what a great guy he is, none of which happened before the nom.

::heart::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'barb4Adam' date='Dec 3rd 2010, 2:23 PM'

SashaMallory@adamlambert ok listen up you sparkly gay lord.... i fricken love you... allssooo congrats!!! Grammy say whhhaat?! :) about 3 hours ago via web ::huggy::

Return to “2011 E&A”