MTT Mod
MTT Mod

2010-04-13/14 American Idol - MENTOR AND PERFORMANCE

Post by glambertparty »

'MoreGlam' date='Apr 14th 2010, 1:22 AM'

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2010-04-13/amer...ics-and-mentor/

American Idol Liveblog: Of Mics and Mentor
By Michelle Collins
Tonight’s American Idol is a very special one, as it features Season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert as a real life mentor. I think we can all agree that this season’s Idols have a lot to live up to. For example, hitting more that 2 out of every 5 notes.

We’ve had two glasses of wine at Grand Lux Cafe and bring you this liveblog from the “comfort” of my parents’ bedroom in Miami. In other words, it’ll be a sh*tshow. Here we go!

8 PM: Seacrest sounds drunk. And we just remembered Michael was saved last week. Well, worse case scenario, if he gets booted again he can always create a brand of lip balm made out of his own saliva.

8:04: Lambert got a hold of the side-hair laminating machine. My mother things he looks fabulous, but I can’t help but be distracted by Matthew Morrison of Glee’s fedora in the background. If Carmen Sandiego is still where in the worlding, we found her.

8:05: “My tongue is not nearly as talented as yours.” — Ryan to Adam. Seacrest is throwing his balls high in the air tonight. American Idol is back people, and it is gaayyyy! We love it.

8:06: Crystal Bowersox is starting the show tonight, meaning it’s all downhill from here.

8:07: Sorry, it’s impossible to liveblog when my Mother is slapping her giant slipper against the tile and talking about what a great show Smoky Joe’s Cafe was. “That’s the song!” *snap snap* “slipper slap* “That’s it!”

8:08: Crystal’s killing it. “Let me tell you, Gloria Estefan can learn from her. Gloria Estefan sucks!” — Mom

8:10: Simon is speaking, and again, in the back, is Mr. Schuester’s fedora. Hat’s show biz.

8:15: Andrew Garcia just is not that great. And thank GOD Adam is being honest about his rendition of “Hound Dog.” “It needs more punch.” — Adam. Here, use our fist.

8:17: He can hold that microphone and strut cross the stage all he wants, but we are busy dirt napping it up. We wonder if his neck tattoo is there to cover up his Frankenstein bolts.

8:20: Jane Lynch and Matthew Morrison should always sit behind Simon. Watching them feign shock at his comments is more entertaining than the performers. Have we mentioned that we’ve already seen tonight’s Glee? And it’s amazing? Great.

8:26: RYAN’S MOMMM! That hair, fantastic. Highlight tweeeyunzzz!

8:26: OMG when Tim Urban sang “falling in love with you” and looked at Adam I couldn’t help but think ~**<3<3**~. Also calling him Turban is surely going to cause him to lose votes from anti-Talibanners Ryan.

8:28: Me: “He sucks.” Mom: “Beyond Sucks.”

8:29: He pulled it together at the end. Mom: “I liked it! It was good.” And this is how I was raised.

8:30: MATTHEW MORRISON FEDORA WATCH: Still perked. They need to give us a close-up of Iqbal Theba ASAP. Adam’s golf clap tells us everything we need to know: That was good, but Lambert would have cracked that crap out of the park.

8:35: Really happy that Adam is being critical of these Idols, unlike Usher or Miley or really any of the other mentors. Lee Dewyze has been pretty good all season, but it’s true: If Chuck E. Cheese ever invested in a Bruce Springsteen animatronic robot, it would be Lee Dewyze.

8:38: Dewyze killed it. Kara tells him he gets too serious when he sings… um, that’s his style. What does she want from this guy? Even Morrison’s Fedora is WTF-shrugging.

8:40: Is it bad that Ryan said the name Aaron Kelly and I had no idea who it was? He looks like a newborn next to Adam. This is like a televised Make-A-Wish kid 3 days before the bucket kicking.

8:42: Not a huge fan of this song, but Aaron is much better than usual. Like… hitting the notessssuh. The Lambert energy has clearly infected these contestants, and judging by Adam’s golf clap and cheshire cat smile, he seems pleased.

8:46: That Siobhan and Adam outro was to die for. Please tell me she’s singing “Suspicious Minds.” She’s been off these past couple of weeks… she has to come back tonight, she just has to.

8:51: Love her look tonight. There must have been a sale on hair shellack.

8:51: OMFG SHE IS SINGING SUSPICIOUS MINDS!! Wait am I a genius? I can’t decide. (Yes.)

8:52: Aw Adam and Siobhan click.

8:52: What is with this country-ass background? What Elvis Geocities MIDI file did she rip this from? Siobhan, what happened??? She’s turned into a poor man’s Linda Ronstadt. I think even Linda would agree this is not a good idea.

8:54: This arrangement could be considered something of a disaster. But she got a raised clap from Adam — the first of the night — so who knows. I have to see Matthew Morrison’s fedora to decide…

8:56: MATTHEW MORRISON’S FEDORA WATCH: It is grimacing the sh*t outta me right now.

8:57: If Siobhan gets eliminated this week, and the Judges can’t save her because they saved Big Mike… I will not be pleased.

9:01: This KFC Double Down sandwich would nauseate me… but then I remember that their chicken’s don’t even have beaks or reproductive organs, and I relax.

9:02: I can’t believe Seacrest just threw down a Dunkleman burn. He’ll be off “Brooks Was Here-ing” himself Shawshank style later on this evening.

9:03: Mike is going to sing “In The Ghetto,” a song I love. Please, please limit your lip licking to twice per minute, Michael Lynch.

9:04: Not sure I love this melodic interpretation… he sounds good, but changing it too much for my liking. Where’s the melody??

9:05: I just realized, if Michael wins Idol, Keenan Thompson will secure his SNL contract for at least 6 more months.

9:10: Adam telling the contestants to let it out is the right advice. In other words, pretend like you’re talented Katie.

9:12: “I can’t believe of hundreds of songs… I’ve never even heard of this song! Out of the zillions of Elvis songs!” — Mother on Katie

9:13: MATTHEW MORRISON FEDORA WATCH: It looks wilted. Lifeless… Katie might be in trouble tomorrow.

9:19: Oh I love Casey! For all of those who didn’t think Adam was a suitable mentor, ps, f**k off. He’s given better criticism to these kids than most if not all the other mentors.

9:20: Casey pulled his locks back in basically the same sort of ponytail I was wearing all day today. “Another song I’ve never even heard! It’s just annoying!” — Mother on Casey.

9:21: I’m a Casey fan, but this is sounding less American Idol more those machines that when you flip them over it sounds like a sheep bleating. The previous sentence would have been way tighter if I knew what those things were called.

9:22: My Mother is convinced that Simon and Ellen HATE each other. I’ve spent the entire night listening to her interpretations of Simon’s disgust. I might be starting to believe it. Matthew Morrison’s fedora certainly does.

9:24: Listening to all of the performances tonight, Tim, Lee and Crystal were pretty much the best.

9:25: OMFG RYAN HAS TAKEN AWAY MATTHEW’S HAT. FEDORA OUT!! Thanks for joining us.

9:27: GLEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Bye xoxo
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'lifesabeach' date='Apr 14th 2010, 2:09 AM'

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CastroFan4Life' date='Apr 14th 2010, 2:40 AM'

Here they call Adam "The King of Mentors" and go on about his awesomeness ending the story with "and can I just say I LOVE ADAM LAMBERT!"
http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_14879473
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'istersay' date='Apr 14th 2010, 7:46 AM'

> How Would You Objectively Rate Adam As A Mentor? Poll

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=646134&st=
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Tiki'srose' date='Apr 14th 2010, 8:33 AM'

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanid...-and-elvis.html

From the Los Angeles Times-Idol Tracker

ADAM LAMBERT ON HIS IDOL RETURN, MENTORING THE TOP10 AND ELVIS
Our music critic Ann Powers is already campaigning for Adam Lambert to be "American Idol's" next judge (we second that emotion) and the Twitterverse is already aflutter with praise for the Season 8 runner-up, the first former contestant to ever mentor a season in progress.

So how did Adam think it went? Judging from his ear-to-ear post-show grin: fabulously. As for the memories it brought back? "It's nostalgic," he told Idol Tracker on Tuesday night. "When Ryan had me come up [to the stage] with the contestants, I was, like, 'Oh yeah, that's what this feels like -- standing next to Ryan, looking at the teleprompter, at the judges, the audience. ...' It puts it all into perspective. I am so thankful for 'American Idol,' for putting me on the map, for helping me start my recording career."

Adam's last-minute mentoring assignment came as a surprise to some, who contend that a year of post-'Idol' success does not exactly equal the real world struggles that many music artists face. To that end, Adam pleaded humility. "It was a big shock and an honor at the same time," he said. "Obviously, I'm just at the start of my career, so I'm not an established recording artist, but I do know where they are right now. It's fresh in my mind. I was here a year ago. So hopefully, I brought them a sort of insight into the process, and into knowing what it takes to get the judges' reaction, and a positive one, and what it's like to be up there. ... It's a tough process, there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes that the audience doesn't see."

More of Adam's post-show chat with reporters after the jump...

What are the differences between your group and this season?

It's a different group this year. I think there's definitely an emphasis on musicianship, there are a lot of people that play and it's definitely geared toward more of a singer-songwriter genre and sound. They're all great singers, they all have great voices, they're very likable. I think our season was a bit more diverse, musically.

Who were the standouts to you?

Vocally, it would be Michael [Lynche], I think he's probably got my favorite voice. Crystal [Bowersox], then Siobhan [Magnus] and Katie [Stevens] are both really strong singers. It's kind of early to really pick the favorites.

What do you make of the Siobhan "Lady Lambert" comparisons?

She's a free spirit. ... She's definitely a dynamic singer and she takes risks.
How weird can someone be on "Idol?"

How weird do you wanna be? You've gotta trust your own instincts out there as a contestant, no matter what your parents are saying, your friends, family, the judges, the people. ... At the end of the day, it's you up there.

A lot of people chose not-so-obvious Elvis songs. What are the pros and cons to going with the more obscure album cut?

The pro is, you can show yourself as more of an artist because you're not being compared to the original. I think that's always the idea behind doing something obscure. But you run the risk of people not knowing what you're singing, so they're not singing along because it's not familiar. And that's what's difficult: It's a show based on cover music, and that's definitely the transition between going from the show to the recording artist world -- because you're not singing other peoples' music, you're singing your own.
What do you miss about the show?

Having one specific goal every week. I have one and a half minutes to seal my fate every week and it's all gearing up to that. Now, in my life there's like 17 things going on at once. It's a lot more to think about. It's funny, "Idol" at the time was really hard and it's such a challenge and great opportunity to put yourself out there, but now when I look back at it, I go, "Wow, that was easy compared to what I do now." This is a full-time job and I'm so honored to have the opportunity, but it is a job. It's a lot of work.

Did you give the kids advice outside of music?

I said: "Get ready guys if you want this. It's your whole life. It's your everything. You have to put your whole heart and soul, all of your time, all of your energy -- that takes priority if this is what you want as a career."

Why have the last few years been so guy-heavy?

The demographic is mostly women voters.

Women don't vote for other women?

Not as much as the boy they think is cute.

Do you miss being in the bubble and not reading every tweet?

Oh, we got to see what was on the Internet when we were on the show. We were urged not to. We were told, "Don't look, it will drive you crazy," and there's a fine line with that. Sometimes it can drive you crazy and sometimes you have to tune out what everybody says and thinks. But it's also research -- it's a great way to figure out how you're coming off to people.

Any update on your upcoming tour?

It's all being formulated -- the dates are all being confirmed, I have to come up with a concept, the look of it ... the theme, the set list, it's all under development. It starts in June.

How did you enjoy Vegas?

I was in and out and I didn't really get a chance to enjoy it. I mentored and I had a great time doing that, but I flew out the next morning. I spent the rest of the time sleeping. I was supposed to see Muse and [when] I got back to my hotel room and had a little bit to eat, I was just tired. That's another thing about this life, you have to take responsibility and take care of yourself. But I was bummed -- I wanted to see Muse.

How about Coachella this weekend?

I'm busy working, I don't have time to play. I'm working for my fans to give them stuff!

-- Shirley Halperin

Follow @IdolTracker on Twitter
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'sweetmm' date='Apr 14th 2010, 8:57 AM'

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'MoreGlam' date='Apr 14th 2010, 9:23 AM'

via PF :)

from http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/....ban-s ings.html

'American Idol' Elvis week live: Ryan Seacrest dances while Tim Urban sings
By Andrea Reiher
April 14, 2010 12:52 AM ET

Zap2it's weekly "Dispatches from Inside the 'Idol' Dome" brings fanatics like you (and us) closer to all the action. What didn't viewers see on the TV broadcast? We got it covered.

"American Idol" Elvis week came complete with some Katie-loving librarians, Ryan Seacrest dancing with Michael Sarver and an insane cafeteria lady desperate for attention and/or a t-shirt, bag or iPod touch. What else was happening off-camera?

Signs, signs, everywhere signs...
•The best sign of the night was a tie between "Librarians [heart] Katie Stevens" and "Eve [heart] Adam."
•The first one inspires so many questions -- why do librarians love Katie? Is it just librarians or does that extend to other book-related occupations? Is it because she looks like that kiss-up good girl in high school who always came to librarians for help on her term papers?
•And the other sign is awesome because who doesn't love a little Biblical humor?

Celebs!
•The fervor surrounding the "Glee" cast was crazy. Debbie the Stage Manager had to keep commanding the mosh pit guests to turn around and pay attention to the stage.

The Judgery and Seacrest
•After the judges were introduced, Kara practically flew into Adam Lambert's arms and Simon was right on her heels to shake Adam's hand.

•During the first commercial break, Simon's fiancee and "Idol" makeup artist Mezghan Hussainy, ran out from backstage and gave both Adam and his mom big hugs.

good to read about the judges' reactions ... :)

Rolling Stone at http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/in....l-elvis- night/

Adam Lambert Brings Straight Talk to ‘American Idol’ Elvis Night
4/14/10, 8:12 am EST

American Idol may have generated artists who have sold more albums than last season’s glittery runner-up, but the show has never birthed a star of Adam Lambert’s magnetism. But depending on who you ask, he became the first former contestant invited back as a mentor because he energized the series (and raked in big ratings), or needs the show’s help as he’s “struggling” to live down his controversial American Music Awards performance from November: the latter was what the show’s executive producer spun to EW earlier this week. (The show has certainly attempted to spotlight former winners with truly struggling careers, like Ruben Studdard and Taylor Hicks.)

Either way, Lambert returned last night to guide the remaining nine hopefuls through songs by Elvis Presley, a rock star to whom he was oft compared by his loyal fans last season. The good news: Lambert didn’t hold back, bringing some much-needed straight talk to the mostly underwhelming cast. The bad news: the performances were still fairly horrendous. Even worse: Ryan Seacrest couldn’t resist throwing Lambert a stupid curveball at the top of the show, mumbling about how “my tongue is not nearly as talented as yours.” But wait, a silver lining: it was still better than this mind-numbingly awful rendition of “For Your Entertainment” that aired on Idol ratings rival Dancing With the Stars on Monday. Yes, it’ll actually make you miss the AMAs:
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'TuesNightGroupie' date='Apr 14th 2010, 10:37 AM'

from
'American Idol' Elvis week live: Ryan Seacrest dances while Tim Urban sings
By Andrea Reiher
April 14, 2010 12:52 AM ET

The Judgery and Seacrest
•After the judges were introduced, Kara practically flew into Adam Lambert's arms and Simon was right on her heels to shake Adam's hand.

•During the first commercial break, Simon's fiancee and "Idol" makeup artist Mezghan Hussainy, ran out from backstage and gave both Adam and his mom big hugs.[/color]

Awww.......I'm so happy they still love Adam so much and run to snuggle him up.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 11:39 AM'

People Magazine.

http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20...0.html#20770146

IDOL EYES

Season 8 American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert keeps mom Leila by his side Tuesday during a taping of the talent show in L.A. The singer, who mentored contestants this week, will perform onstage tonight.
BB so UNF ::devil:: ::icecream:: Mombert is So Cute ::wub:: ::huggy::

I wanna eat him up ::icecream::

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 12:00 PM'

The Idols Get All Shook Up -- by Glambert

http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/idols-ge...-glambert-16295

Thought “Idol” couldn’t get any more dramatic than last week’s Judges’ Save? Well, you thought wrong, my friends, because this week marked the return of the Master of Melodrama himself!

That’s right, last year’s runner-up, Adam Lambert, came back to mentor the Season 9 hopefuls. No the theme wasn’t pyrotechnics or dramatic entrances. As I speculated last week, the Idols did, in fact, tackle the songs of Elvis Presley. (Just call me Miss Cleo!)

Now, if you followed my musings last year, you know that I have never been a huge fan of Glambert and his guyliner. In addition, the fact that the producers even chose to feature him as a mentor at all drew a capital “WTF?” from me. With so many “AI” alums to choose from, why would they ask him? He hasn’t even been off the “Idol” stage for a full year and -- I hate to rub it in -- but he didn’t win.

What’s next? Is he going to be auditioning for Simon’s seat?

I have to say, though, that he actually did a really good job mentoring. He offered the contestants real advice and criticized them with honesty and tact, no easy feat. He lauded the Idol’s personalities and voices, saying that they just needed “a little coffee.” (Funny, I always thought Elvis was more of a barbiturate kind of guy.)

The more I thought about it, I realized that it was actually Adam’s fans, not he himself, who turned me off to him last year. They were so passionate that they were borderline rude, even calling people who didn’t worship him homophobes. In the end I don’t think it was homophobia that lost Glambert the “Idol” crown; I think it was the off-putting bravado of his fans.

He won me over right away when he first addressed the Idols and got the big question (which was “WTF?”) out of the way. “Obviously I’m just at the beginning of my career,” he said, “so what the heck do I know?” But he went on to explain that he knows exactly what the Idols are going through. And I have to hand it to him, he does know how to perform.

BB's Charm ::wub:: ::huggy::

There were only two real gaffes during last night’s show and, not surprisingly, they came from Ryan Seacrest. The first was when Glambert was jokingly coaching him on how to sing better, telling him he had to “get the tongue out” more. Seacrest responded, “My tongue is not nearly as talented as yours.”

What?! Are you serious, Ryan? This is a family show. Save the PG-13 stuff for “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.” (See my story from Tuesday, "'Idol's' Problem Isn't Ellen Anymore, It's Ryan.")

What did his fans do
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Lilly_Lambert' date='Apr 14th 2010, 12:20 PM'

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 12:26 PM'

From MJ blog

http://mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-rating...aks-records.htm

American Idol Ratings: Idol Wins The Night, Glee Breaks Records

Via the Hollywood Reporter: http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010...eries-high.html

The big ratings news from last night was Glee’s record breaking numbers, certainly aided by the healthy lead-in from American Idol

“Glee” drew a record 13.7 million viewers and a 5.6 preliminary adults 18-49 rating. The “Glee” return was 44% bigger than its pilot preview after the “American Idol” finale last year.

“Glee” retained 78% of its 90-minute “Idol” (20.6 million, 7.3) lead-in to easily rank as the night’s highest-rated scripted series.

Last week, Idol totaled roughly 20.40 million viewers and a 7.1 rating/19 share among adults 18-49 from 8-10 p.m. Not much of a change from week to week…

According to the Hollywood reporter, Monday’s Dancing with the Stars, had 20 million viewers, 4.8 preliminary adults 18-49. Close! We’ll see how it pans out when the final numbers come in.

I'm kind of confused they said Last week !! so where is this week rating !!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Tinydolly' date='Apr 14th 2010, 12:43 PM'

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/14/adam-lam...ol-ken-warwick/
Adam Lambert responds to 'American Idol' exec producer Ken Warwick: 'I don't feel like I'm struggling at all'
by Adam B. Vary
Categories: American Idol, Music, News, Reality TV, Television

In anticipation of Adam Lambert’s appearance as a mentor on American Idol this week, Idol exec. producer Ken Warwick told EW on Monday that “at the moment [Lambert's] not doing quite as well [in his career].” Warwick explained that he hoped Lambert’s appearance on Idol would help put him “back firmly where he belongs, as a major star,” adding that “it kind of breaks my heart to see someone with that much talent struggle a bit.”

EW caught up with Lambert at Idol last night during a post-show press Q&A, and asked him about Warwick’s comments. “It’s so sweet of him,” Lambert replied lightheartedly. “I don’t feel like I’m struggling at all. I think things are right where they need to be. My single ‘What Do You Want From Me,’ is just breaking into the Top 10 right now.” The track, which Lambert will perform during tonight’s Idol results show, is currently at No. 13 on Billboard’s Pop chart, and number 23 on the Billboard Hot 100, having peaked at No. 20.

“I’m really glad that they had me on the show,” Lambert added. “I really enjoyed helping the other contestants.” So what it was like for him to sit in the Idol studio audience instead of perform on the stage? “It was a trip being out there,” Lambert said. “My mom was sitting next to me tonight, and she was like, ‘This is what it used to be like for us! We used to sit here and we got so nervous and we’d be chewing our gum really hard and we’d be going Oh god, I hope he does a good job!‘”
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 12:46 PM'

Associated Press Adam Lambert Returns to 'Idol' for Elvis Week ::flowers::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Little Bee' date='Apr 14th 2010, 7:01 PM'

HQ pics from Ninni

http://img717.imageshack.us/g/highres02395568.jpg/
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CakeFinale' date='Apr 14th 2010, 7:12 PM'

i'm not sure where the itunes thread is now so I'm gonna post this here cause it probably has something to do with his being on Idol last night.

Canadian itunes Pop Chart:

Albums:

Remixes #3
FYE #10 (Back in the Top 10 :D )

Songs

WWFM #13
FYE #41
Voodoo #74

Canadian itunes General Music Chart:

Albums:

Remixes #15
FYE #51

Songs

WWFM #16
FYE #80
Voodoo #173
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 7:28 PM'

@corylive: Watchin my boy @adamlambert rehearse for tonight's show. One word...SICK!!!!

::shock:: SICK, OMG I can't wait ::spaz:: ::woot:: ::woot::
he is a TV Host/Warm Up for American Idol, ::huggy::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Little Bee' date='Apr 14th 2010, 7:34 PM'

corylive @RandomPenguin There is a group number tonight!! Watch out! Plus #brookewhite, #justingaston & @adamlambert!! And double-elimination!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'AniMaL' date='Apr 14th 2010, 8:10 PM'

http://idolforums.com/index.php?s=&sho...&p=22538806

Return to “2010 E&A”