2010-04-13/14 American Idol - MENTOR AND PERFORMANCE

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Blue*Rose' date='Apr 15th 2010, 2:41 PM'

Megaupload has gone back to hating me. So here goes mpg file (720p HD) and complete Results Night mp4 file (with Vegas segment and Ryan Seacrest interview) on Sendspace.

Performance only
Megaupload Download link: Whataya Want From Me (Live American Idol Season 9 Top 9).mp3
Sendspace Download Link: Whataya Want From Me (Live American Idol Season 9 Top 9).mp3

Megaupload Download link: Whataya Want From Me (Live American Idol Season 9 Top 9).mp4
Sendspace Download Link: Whataya Want From Me (Live American Idol Season 9 Top 9).mp4
ADDED

Performance mpg (720p)
Sendspace Download Link: Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me - American Idol Season 9 Top 9 - April 2010.mpg

Performance and Ryan Seacrest mp4
Sendspace Download Link: Whataya Want From Me and Results Show (Live American Idol Season 9 Top 9).mp4
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'swflaboy' date='Apr 15th 2010, 4:32 PM'

Review from NY Daily News:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/a...am_lambert.html

The good bits:

"Adam Lambert was up next. After mentoring the contestants Tuesday night, he returned for a volcanic rendition of "Whataya Want From Me," a dazzling metallic explosion that put this year's "Idol" wannabes to shame.

Following his performance, Lambert repeated a gracious statement he made earlier this week, "I owe this show everything."
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'MoreGlam' date='Apr 15th 2010, 4:52 PM'

Norman Gente as Adam Lambert ::haha::

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 15th 2010, 7:06 PM'

US Amazon All Up Green Arrow :clap: :clap:

#8 Pop

#12 Bestsellers in Music

#14 Movers & Shakers in Music 458% >> was #67 yesterday :omg:

#96 FYE Special Edition Hot New Releases in Music
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Blue*Rose' date='Apr 16th 2010, 12:17 AM'

Yay, Adam as Mentor, in mp4. Still waiting for my mpg files to upload themselves. Megaupload does not like me at all this week, I have not been able to successfully upload all my big files - big boo to them.

I've created a Sendspace folder for Adam on American Idol.

ADAM ON AMERICAN IDOL
Adam as Mentor mp4
01 Adam Lambert as Mentor Part 1 - American Idol Season 9 Top 9
02 Adam Lambert as Mentor Part 2 - American Idol Season 9 Top 9
03 Adam Lambert as Mentor Part 3 - American Idol Season 9 Top 9

Performance mp3 and mp4
Whataya Want From Me (Live American Idol Season 9 Top 9)

Performance with Ryan Seacrest segment
Whataya Want From Me and Results Show (Live American Idol Season 9 Top 9)

Performance mpg
Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me - American Idol Season 9 Top 9 - April 2010

Sendspace Folder Link: American Idol Season 9 Top 9
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'MoreGlam' date='Apr 16th 2010, 10:16 AM'

Sony_Music

#WWFM by @AdamLambert is currently in first place to win an MMVA for most watched video! Keep watching so it wins:http://bit.ly/avV3pY

keep watching guys!!! ::thumbup::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 16th 2010, 1:01 PM'

@TheEllenShow: Did y’all see @AdamLambert on Idol the other night? And did you notice Simon? http://su.pr/2lx4kF
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 16th 2010, 7:05 PM'

Great Review You Must Read It ::thumbup::

http://www.examiner.com/x-43585-Entertainm...s-American-Idol

Rock god Adam Lambert schools and scorches 'American Idol'

TV Review: Adam Lambert's performance of "Whataya Want From Me" on American Idol
By Robbie Woliver

Adam Lambert, the runner-up of American Idol Season 8—and to be completely factual, the most talented and certainly most exciting contestant ever to appear on the show—returned this week to mentor this year's stable of contestants. His appearance was a major success for the struggling show, which has seen its viewership drop and has encountered much bad press of late about the very disappointing group vying for the title that even the brilliant Lambert didn't win. He garnered high ratings the same way he drew millions during his reign, but yet his appearance was a terrible blow to the show. It only further made it perfectly clear that no one this year was even near his league, except for Crystal Bowersox. No, her performance style is hardly as thrilling as Lambert's, nor is she as innovative, but she sure as hell can sing. As for the others, Lambert's advice to them before he even picked up a microphone was more exciting than their performances.

In our previous review of Lambert's mentor night, it was discussed how Adam shamed the final nine just by showing up. He was on fire, and wanted to shake some life into the group, ready to stir up a languid couple of months and some god-awful performers.

Wednesday night, as Glambert took the stage to sing, he owned the moment and performed unquestionably the best four minutes of this entire yawnfest of a season. Considering this week's theme, Lambert was the Maybelline Elvis, all eyeliner, 8-inch-high, coal-black pompadour, sharp-looking metallic jacket and a voice that could wake the dead. He was commanding, forceful, mastering every note known to man. He was sexy. Intense. He was everything a superstar should be. He was this generation's King.

So Proud ::sad:: ::huggy::

With green lasers shooting in his direction and hypnotic green-smoke special effects, Lambert swooned through the slowed down start of "Whataya Want From Me," his current hit, and built to that familiar, dramatic crescendo that had us enthralled only a year ago. Remember this past Tuesday when Siobhan, the Adam wannabe (she's not, by far), started her "Suspicious Minds" so slow and then built the second half ending with her predictable screech? Well, that's not how Adam did it. Siobhan, take a lesson.
The song itself is wonderful. Written by Pink and Max Martin, it was released at the most opportune, though perhaps unscheduled, time for the then-fledgling star. Anticipation was high for Lambert's first live post-Idol appearance, and the American Music Awards landed the big "get." But Lambert, all wired from the pressure and excited about debuting with his new band, let loose a little too much for some, simulating S&M and sexual acts both hetero and homo during his performance, the live debut of his first single, "For Your Entertainment."

It's a shame he performed this curious song on the stodgy, irrelevant AMAs instead of, let's say, on the MTV Video Music Awards, because there that kinky performance would have been heralded. On the AMAs he was ripped apart, even though the performance was brilliant. The song is a decadent one. It was just the wrong TV audience, and he certainly lost fans. But he didn't need those who retreated. He is currently as popular as it gets in contemporary music. His large legion of fans are widespread, diverse and hopelessly devoted.

So how does someone "recover" from a perceived fatal error at one's career start? Lambert was lucky. On his new album, For Your Entertainment, there sat a beautiful ballad that dealt with peeling away perceptions and layers of fame. The battle for a performing artist between one's self and the persona on stage was the tug he was living. "Whataya Want From Me" is that song. And it worked. Not only did it race up the charts, it salvaged his almost-wasted career, redeemed him and seemed to refresh and redirect him.

Here he now back on the Idol stage, the prodigal son returned, being all rock god-y before a sea of absolutely delirious fans. (They don't even scream like that for their current eye-not-ear candy Tim Urban and Casey James.) Lambert woke the damn place up. He reminded everyone what this music reality show was supposed to be about. Where are the Kelly Clarksons? Where are the Fantasias battling the LaToya Londons and Jennifer Hudsons? Where is the pristine voice of Melinda Doolittle? Daughtry? Where is even Lilly Scott? Where is the drama? The skill? The inventiveness?

When interviewed by Ryan Seacrest after his performance, the always gracious Lambert said, "I owe this show everything." And that's true, but it works both ways. Adam brought hip cred to Idol that was desperately needed, and which was quickly lost when the less provocative Kris Allen won.

Through his triumphant battle-storm of a performance and his personable demeanor, Lambert taught a master lesson in Rockstar 101. Afterwards, the camera panned to the pathetic three up for elimination—Tim, Mike (whose constant mugging is unbearable) and Katie. The trio stood sadly, looking pathetic and defeated in their casual clothes with their slouched shoulders. Following the fiery, glammed-out Lambert, the difference in charisma and talent could not have been more obvious.

A suggestion: Crown the deserving Bowersox with the title next week and end the tired run. Simon certainly doesn't want to be there anymore. And then bring Adam on the road to select next year's contestants. Oh, and have him perform every night.

Simon's always waiting for a "moment." Well, he sure got one with Adam's thrilling, knockout performance. Lambert is one of a kind—and that's, simply, the best.

IN OTHER WORDS: Love this guy. End of story.

IDOL ELIMINATION NIGHT RATING: 1/10

ADAM'S PERFORMANCE RATING: 11/10 ::grin:: ::clap:: ::clap::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 16th 2010, 7:29 PM'

HQ pictures of Adam from American Idol here - Thanks to ninni http://bit.ly/c1J9ND ::flowers::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Apr 16th 2010, 8:56 PM'

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2...t_american.html
Adam Lambert Returns, Shows What American Idol is All About -- and What This Season's Missing
Published April 16, 2010 by:
Saul Relative

Season 8's Runner-Up is All About Showmanship

Adam Lambert graced the stage of American Idol for the first time since the American Idol Season 8 finale Wednesday evening, and he could not have been selected as mentor for a more appropriate week. During rehearsals for this week's American Idol performances, he had stressed that just singing was not enough -- the contestants needed to project showmanship. Adam Lambert told the contestants repeatedly that they needed to add a little of the Elvis persona to their act, because Elvis was more than his singing -- he was the consummate showman. And although the Top 9 did fairly well Tuesday evening, it was apparent with Adam Lambert's performance on Wednesday's results show that they all had a ways to go to get to Glambert's level of showmanship.

It was just that showmanship that had people glued to the televisions in Season 8 and partially what seems to be missing in Season 9. People were engaged and interested, wondering what Adam Lambert would do next. Crystal Bowersox and Casey James seem to be the only two performers this season where there is any real curiosity generated as to what they might perform. (Of course, there was -- at least up until the last couple weeks -- the anticipation over Tim Urban's performance as well -- both with wondering what song he would butcher next and also what would constitute the needling or mean-spirited remarks most of the American Idol judges would have to say in critique.) Still, it is nothing compared with the anticipation of seeing Adam Lambert perform...

And he did it again Wednesday night...

At the end of Tuesday night's show, American Idol host Ryan Seacrest asked what Lambert would be singing on the results show. His reply: "You'll have to tune in and see." And we did...

A cone of green laserlight erupted from the darkness of the stage after Ryan Seacrest's introduction, capturing Adam Lambert's smoke-enshrouded silhouette within. His voice pierced the air -- echoing -- with the intro to "Whataya want from me?" It wasn't until the music kicked in with the first verse that the cone switched off and Adam Lambert appeared amid the billowing folds of knee-deep stage fog.

It was masterful, the singing and the effects combining to captivate the viewer's attention. When it was over, complete with the Adam Lambert patented scream, Ryan Seacrest gushed, "Now, that's a performance." The audience was going wild.

Turns out, it was also the first time lasers had been used for a performance on American Idol. Ryan asked if they were Adam's. Lambert acknowledged that he brought the lasers.

And Adam Lambert was also quick to acknowledge what American Idol means to him and how it springboarded his career. He said that American Idol's rigorous scheduled had prepared him for the real world of music. He joked, "It's like a full-time job." He later added, "I owe everything to American Idol."

A nice touch, but a lot of Adam Lambert's success stems from his charisma, the honesty of his performances, and the power of his showmanship. All were very present in his act Wednesday evening.

This is the American Idol that Season 9 has been missing...

Adam Lambert's first major label album, "For Your Entertainment," is currently riding in the Top 100 of the Billboard 200 albums chart (#77). It has been certified gold and after 20 weeks is at the 700,000 copies sold threshold. His single "Whataya Want From Me?" is in Billboard's Hot 100 singles chart at #20 and on the Pop Songs chart at #14.

Sources:
"American Idol," Fox Television
Billboard.com
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'adamrules@AO' date='Apr 22nd 2010, 11:33 PM'

I didnt see this article posted in here:

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/...n.idol.ratings/

Loved Lyndsey talking about the Adam Lambert Effect on the ratings.

According to data from The Nielsen Company, last season's "Idol" performance night drew an average of 26.3 million viewers; results night had an average of 26.9 million viewers. Season-to-date data through April 18 shows 25.7 million viewers tuning in on Tuesday nights and 24.5 million viewers being drawn to the show on Wednesdays.

On April 20, "Idol's" ratings dipped below the 20 million viewers mark.

Bill Gorman of the website TV By The Numbers said that with combined ratings, "Idol" is down about 7 percent this season over last. But he hastens to add that overall many of the networks are down in the ratings, as invariably happens with shows like "Idol," now in its ninth season.

"Is 'American Idol' down? Yes, they are" he said. "Are they down more than the typical show? Absolutely not."

During a recent appearance on CNN's "Larry King Live," "Idol" host Ryan Seacrest said that at this stage in the show "ratings traditionally take a little dip" before "heading back up" later in the season.

"It goes down, it goes up," said show judge Simon Cowell. "How many years have we been doing this? We're doing fine."

Yahoo's Parker said there are other indications that fans may not be thrilled by this season. Over at Yahoo, she said, searches are down for the search term "American Idol" 43 percent this season compared to last season.

Parker said she believes part of the fan malaise can be attributed to the "Adam Lambert effect," where last season's runner-up had fans tuning in whether they loved him or hated him.

Return to “2010 E&A”