2010-03-19/28 United Kingdom Promo Tour - PERFORMANCE

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'glitterynfierce' date='Mar 28th 2010, 6:51 PM'

Please add me to the diddling line ::wootwave:: back on topic, here are some UK pics

OMRG

ALN

His hair color is the coolest thing ever!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Mar 28th 2010, 9:30 PM'

@argeneau: My @adamlambert at Key103/RockFM recap here = http://argeneau.livejournal.com/3836.html Lots of photos in it too!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'glitterynfierce' date='Mar 28th 2010, 11:46 PM'

Okay, found some moar pics on ALN from the UK. If there are some repeats, I apologize

These are blown up versions of ones we've already seen :)
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Mar 29th 2010, 12:54 PM'

NirvanaDC lots more @adamlambert press coming this week.Including Bliss magazine and Grazia magazine out tomorrow.
::clap:: ::huggy::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Little Bee' date='Mar 29th 2010, 1:13 PM'

Right no complaints.... I did warn you all! ::haha::

Hope you are ready for this - it is very long and rambling!!!!

Friday 26th March.

So the day had finally arrived, we were going to see Adam Lambert after over a year of supporting him from the UK.

I had to get my 12 year old off to school before we could go to London. He got himself ready for school while Lucas laid out all his clothes and came into me to have his hair straightened. 8am came around fast which was when we had to take my son to school. Back home for 8.15am and a mad rush to finish getting ready and making sure we had all the vitals: camera, photos to sign, Lucas’ collage, money etc.

We left home just before 9am and drove to Canary Wharf - our first destination.
Parked car and headed into the station to get all day travel tickets (pleasantly surprised to find Lucas travels free). Lady at ticket office asks if he is going anywhere special - big smile and nod from Lucas.

So we walk outside the station to see if anyone else was there yet (we were about 15 mins early). No one appeared to be there and the sky looked very cloudy so we headed into the shopping centre to buy an umbrella. As we were coming out I received a text from another fan (Kitten31) and we arranged to meet somewhere. Gradually over the next 20 mins or so we had gathered a group together of around 15 people, some I had met at the airport and lots of new faces. One thing for sure - an Adam Lambert fan stands out amongst the business people of Canary Wharf! We easily spotted fellow fans and rounded everyone up. Once we were sure we had everyone we headed over the main tower of Canary Wharf - home of the Mirror. Now it became apparent that there was more than one entrance so I (with Lucas) and another lady (sorry can't remember your name) went into reception and explained that SonyUK said we could go there to meet Adam and asked which entrance would he use. She said if he was coming by car it would be the front one where we were. Well we all stayed in the reception area as it was still quite chilly outside and exchanged names, twitter names, forum names etc. A very relaxed atmosphere but friendly and fun. Some of us were keeping an eye on Twitter to follow the Heatworld chat and work out when he would be arriving. By now the crowd had grown to about 40-50 people and the security people at the desk asked us if we could wait outside as we were interfering with their cameras. (Canary Wharf is a high security area).

I think it was here that I met Lady London and we were deciding where to stand. My previous 80's stalker side of me came out and I decided he would be on the other end of the entrance which was great as the sun was out there! I really don't know how long we waited but it was a one way street so we had a great view of the car as it came into the road. My theory of where he would pull up worked and the car stopped right in front of us! The door seemed to take ages to open but finally it did and we saw him there right in front of us, looking extremely smart in the Dior jeans, jacket with shirt and tie and large sunglasses.

As soon as he got out a girl threw her arms around him and he hugged her back. He then noticed Lucas and came straight to him with a big smile and said:

"Rad" and raised his hand to high-five Lucas.
"You're cool, I like your glitter" he said to him while they had their fingers linked (from the high-five) and shook hands together.

We laughed and Jaq (@Mercury 31) said can he have a photo with you.

"Yeah sure, what's your name?"

"Lucas."

"Hi Lucas," Adam said bending in towards him so we could get photos.

Adam continued to tell him he was cool and once the pics were taken Lucas handed him a collage he made and a small black box which contained an Eye of Horus ring.

"Ahh thank you, thank you Lucas" he said as he took the ring out and put it on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFlRt_1XuHU
Embedding disabled on this one but thanks starryeyed101 - Adam arriving and having pics done with Lucas

He then handed the collage and box to Lane (or Nirvana). Adam then signed some people’s items and took some photos before being whisked inside. He said he would be back after.

Again I have no recollection of time but we stood around outside talking and looking at each others photos on our cameras and working out what he was wearing. (Dior jeans from Vevo).

At this time a cameraman/interviewer travelling with Adam was asking a few people why they were there. I know @mercury150 spoke to him as well as some other fans and so did Lucas. This was filmed apparently for Adam's website. (I say apparently because the UK fan video filmed at Sony never showed up). This man told Kim that apparently Adam had spotted Lucas as he drove down the road and something like “Hey, there’s the little guy”.

Standing on the pavement outside in the glorious sunshine we could see into the building and noticed Adam was on his way out. They gathered in reception and then Adam came through the revolving door. He headed straight to @Ibritadam in her wheelchair and crouched down beside her for pics.

He then said "Who haven't I seen yet as I want to be fair" and people gathered around for more pics and signings. Adam was taken over for a group shot with lots of fans too. He came back towards us and I had my FYE special edition book signed and Lucas had some photos to be signed. He had some of himself taken at the airport and wanted Adam to sign one to go on his bedroom wall. He handed it to Adam and he commented about him looking cool and held onto the pic. Lane or Nirvana asked him to sign it and Adam said "No this one's for me" and checked with Lucas. Lucas said he could keep it if he signed one of his other ones for him. Adam said something like "I'll sign yours for you but you have to sign this one for me" and he gave the pic back with the pen and Lucas wrote his name on it for him. Adam then signed the other one and gave it back to him.

So Lucas signed his first autograph for Adam Lambert!!!!!

Adam the signed for some more people and handed the pen back “Here Lucas” (it wasn’t even Lucas’ pen so we handed it to the lady behind!)

Soon after this Adam got in the car to go to his next appointment at the Daily Star. We went back to the underground with the intention of going there but a few people joined us and said he was going bowling so we went there instead. We found our way to a small underground bowling alley, very 50's style with American flavour thrown in. It had karaoke booths, a small cinema, eating area, bar and pool tables. A lot of fans were already there on one table so we took the other one and chatted away, again exchanging stories, looking at pics and planning the rest of the day. We were unsure if we were in the right place when LambertWatchUK tweeted that he was to be at All Star Bowling - panic! I asked the waitress if this was the name of the place and she said "No, Bloomsbury Bowling". Mobile out, Google search to find the place we needed. We finished our lunch and headed out to pouring rain! Lucky I bought that umbrella this morning!

We arrive at All Star Bowling and got shown through to the bar at the back. It was a small comfortable bar with a glitter ball, large leathery circular sofas and tables. It had a lovely atmosphere and was very comfy, warm and dry! We ordered some drinks and then two DJ's from Capital Radio came in to talk to some of us and take pics. (I hide from the camera with Lady London and Kitten31!!)

The DJ then asked if he could do a small interview with Lucas. Lucas jumped up and said "Yes!" We went over to a quieter area in the bar (Lady London came with me) and it went like this:
DJ: We're loving the glitter and sparkle, I assume this is all for Adam Lambert?
LadyDJ: We heard that on a Sunday you take this all off for football?
Lucas replied that he doesn't all the time and sometimes he plays with glitter on.
They then looked at his clothes and asked him if he had met Adam yet and Lucas said earlier this morning. They asked if Adam had seen him and said they had seen pics of him.
They then went onto ask what made him a hardcore Adam Lambert fan, what he likes about him so much and Lucas said he likes the way he sings and what he wears. They asked him his fave songs and he said "Music Again" and "Fever". The lady said "Ooh you are a hardcore fan aren't you?" and the man asked him if he liked Lady Gaga, which Lucas replied yes and told them he saw her at the O2. They then joked with him and asked him if he would style them, and Lucas just looked at him. The DJ said "Do you think I'd suit glitter?" and Lucas laughed and said "No". The interview was then wrapped up and we went back to our table.

Buzz around the place was that Adam had arrived but we weren't allowed out of the bar area to see. ‘Lucas the spy’ came in handy at this point and headed outside asking if he could go to the toilet. He then ran back to say Adam was there with Nirvana. Bowling staff stood by the doors and wouldn't let us out as he was doing an interview but Lucas seemed to get away with standing at the doorway quietly and kept coming back with the gossip for us! As it was wrapping up we gathered at the doors and took a few long distance pics.

Then - Adam took to the bowling alley!!!!
We were allowed to sit along the seats that ran along the side of it and watch, film, take pics etc. Adam was so cute and kept slipping in his boots so took them off and bowled just in his black socks. He was funny skipping around, shaking his arms and just seeming like he was enjoying this. I couldn't tell you how good his bowling was as I was watching him. He looked at one of the Capital DJ’s iPhone at one point and seemed to say "Sh!t" so I wonder what that was all about. I was sitting with Lady London and wondered where Lucas had disappeared to.... yes you guessed it.... he was right down the front chatting to Nirvana and watching Adam close up!

Again no recollection of time but after a while Adam sat down and put his boots back on and started getting ready to go. Originally they were hoping he would have time to come into the bar but he was running so late for the next appointment and had to rush off to Capital. We all went back to the bar area to decide our next move. Nirvana came in and went round to a few people and apologised but I told her not to worry and thanked her for everything she had done for us today. She told us that Adam had looked at Lucas’ collage and loved it, and she mentioned comments Adam had made about the things Lucas had written under the pictures. I had to leave at this point to get back for my 12 year old son, Lucas' football training and I was going out to a concert that night. We said our goodbyes and headed back home. As soon as we were in the car Lucas fell asleep holding onto his photos.

He has not come back down to earth since!

Apologies that this is sooooo long!!!!
More pics and video from bowling to come tomorrow probably.

ETA: Photo of Adam putting on Lucas' ring

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Mar 29th 2010, 9:06 PM'

New videos of BB Bowling, Lip Lick at :30 Killed me ::shock:: ::grin:: ::icecream::

Tons of videos inside been uploaded :flowers: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdamLambertUK#p/u/1/8P5G5bou-1g

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Mar 29th 2010, 10:08 PM'

Gif from mindchnger, he is killing me ::shock:: ::grin:: ::ninja::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Mar 30th 2010, 4:35 PM'

BB while Bowling Gif from mindchnger ::haha:: God ILH ::wub:: ::huggy::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'swflaboy' date='Mar 30th 2010, 11:13 PM'

Loved the interview with that cutie Romeo. ::wub::

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Lilly_Lambert' date='Mar 31st 2010, 2:21 PM'

Hope this wasn't posted yet. If it was, I apologize for double-posting ::flowers::

Adam interview in London at Capital FM with Rich & Kat

Download link here

or watch it at

YouTube
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'SGlam' date='Mar 31st 2010, 2:45 PM'

I'm so upset that woman said Lucas wears those clothes only because his mom makes him to and he doesn't go to theater, only to football ::thumbdown:: How would she know that??
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Little Bee' date='Mar 31st 2010, 5:03 PM'

I have seen it and have to say not happy about it at all. Not the nice things Adam said but the way that woman manipulated everything Lucas said.

Background: Before Adam arrived at the bowling the two djs came into the bar and spoke to fans they asked if they could speak to Lucas. He wanted to do it so I let him. I have got the whole thing videod which shows how it went.

THey asked him why he was there, why he likes Adam, fave songs, (fever was one) , if he likes Gaga, talked about his clothes (Lucas could tell them where he got them as he chooses all his clothes) and then asked what he was doing later. He said football training and the woman said do you take the glitter off and Lucas said not all the time sometimes he plays in it. He also said he wanted Adam to tweet him and that he goes to theatre. Lucas then showed them his Gaga pics of himself and all his pics /music/video of Adam he has on his Zen player.

In this interview the woman let Adam believe he only did football and that I make him dress the way he does for attention. So not true - Lucas has dressed 'emo/indie' for around 20mths now - long before he had heard of Adam Lambert. He has a 19 y/o brother and he looks up to him.

Lucas is so upset tonight, he actually cried over it which is so rare for him, he is not a crying child. He gets teased at school and football for clothes and makeup but refuses to change for those people. THis is what has made him upset, he thinks that Adam will now think he is a fake and doesnt really like him. He has his first show at theatre on saturday in the Wizard of Oz and was so happy and going to tweet Adam pics from it. Now he is saying he wishes he hadnt gone on Friday.

I am gutted for him, and have tweeted Adam, Tommy and Monte to try and get the message across that he is like this all the time, does do theater and to give them Lucas' twitter name as Adam wanted it. (@L_U_C_A_5)

Anyone that has met Lucas, or knows him through here please leave comments on the youtube page to tell people he is 'real', then if one of them look at the video they may see it.

Thanks
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Little Bee' date='Apr 1st 2010, 2:56 PM'

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Little Bee' date='Apr 1st 2010, 5:33 PM'

Bringing back on topic

Thanks ladies - you know who you are ::huggy:: ::huggy:: ::huggy:: to you all.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Little Bee' date='Apr 1st 2010, 5:45 PM'

Female First album review

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'cyllan' date='Apr 3rd 2010, 1:10 PM'

Eeek, I sent a text to Gaydar about 10 mins ago saying I heard the interview this morning, loved it and asked them to play FYE, and the DJ just read it out and said "leave it with me, it's in the pile". ::grin::

Never had a request read out before and know it's silly but came over all embarrassed, even though there's only me in the room! ::haha::

Here's the link to the station if anyone wants to listen - click on listen live on lefthand bar

http://www.gaydarradio.com/UserPortal/Home...ult2.aspx?sid=1

The current programme is a request show - if anyone wants to text in, the number is:
07766 112449

Edit: They just played it - the Bimbo Jones remix. Sounded so cool. ::smile::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Apr 3rd 2010, 11:10 PM'

I've made one file out of the four parts of the Gaydar interview:

MP3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KD1SEVC3
MP4: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C3OY8YQ2
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 4th 2010, 6:21 PM'

@NirvanaDC: hey @adamlambert fans watch this space for more UK press and TV news!

@NirvanaDC: Hi @adamlambert fans no UK news tonight. But you will hear it here first as and when
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 6th 2010, 1:46 PM'

Adam Lambert @ Hallam FM - Fans, Outtakes, Extra Bits and more Bert the Lamb

Return to “2010 E&A”