2010-03-02 The Tonight Show - Jay Leno - PERFORMANCE

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Jerilin' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 2:12 AM'

Sleepwalker is now #761 in Pop on US iTunes. It was out of the Top 1000 before Leno \o/
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'istersay' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 2:14 AM'

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'loriandjava' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 2:48 AM'

Yeah, baby! They love us! LOL No really, Monte made a point of coming out to libracats and I and saying how happy he was that we were there up front. Said it made him feel very comfortable. So nice they appreciate our support. Really icing on the cake for us! <3
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'aliceinwildland' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 2:49 AM'

Adam´s screams and voice remember me the AMA performance :) , Adam in FS was better WLL That was Epic!! , I like his performance on Leno, I like the make up, the clothes, the lights, the faces on the wall ;P the song is catchy walker walker He and the band made a great job ::thumbup::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'loriandjava' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 2:52 AM'

I was a little unnerved by all the applause for SP, too. But the applause of Adam after his song was loud and prolonged. We wouldn't stop clapping. They finally had to tell everyone to sit down so they could tape the promo. So don't know if anyone was converted, but how could you not love that performance?
I was hoping he could do it on Idol this year! Idol would give him seven minutes for this, wouldn't they? It would be huge!!!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Jerilin' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 2:55 AM'

And it just keeps climbing.

Sleepwalker-- #594 in Pop on US iTunes. (was out of the top 1000 before Leno) <3
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Jerilin' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 3:37 AM'

LOL

rmichaelthomas Adam Lambert is doing "Sleepwalker" on Leno, I actually kinda like this joint...

(african-american 20-30 something male)
also:

BowDown2KingLeo RT @Ranity: So Adam Lambert chose "Sleepwalker" as his next single. That's a good move and brilliant song and arrangement< Yay! CD is great
alomejorestara oh wow, adam lambert's new single and performance on leno are great

(20 something male)
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'lifesabeach' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 4:02 AM'

What was great about this Leno performance was knowing that he was being viewed by millions and his look was off the hook, his intensity was high here as well. It was just shorter due to time constraints.

Shorter yet extremely impactful. The perfect choice. Excellent move. Massive appeal. ::yes::

I think it's a great choice for a single. It's my first pick off the album, but because it has an immediate hook. I think it's a great choice for promo.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 4:16 AM'

Screenshot on Leno, credit @adamsmadams http://www.twitpic.com/photos/adamsmadams

Freakin Fierce ::devil::

That tongue ughhh ::devil:: ::icecream::

what an Alien ::huggy::

so passionate and emotional ::sad:: ::huggy::

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'alidol' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 5:16 AM'

http://www.youtubesnips.com/watch?v=Ol5jQjEimSw
MP4 HD 1080p Download
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Hatshepsutely' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 8:42 AM'

He was wearing a Nehru jacket, a style that originated from my husband's country of birth (India). I have a number of saris with the same type of embroidery he had on his arms. I love that he is expanding his cultural horizons, and the workmanship was exquisite.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Blue*Rose' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 10:57 AM'

happycat! Just for you, audio.

My caps of Sleepwalker - from my tv.

The Tonight Show With Jay Leno Performance
mp4 and mp3
13 Sleepwalker (Live The Tonight Show With Jay Leno)

mpg
13 Adam Lambert - Sleepwalker - The Tonight Show With Jay Leno - March 2010

Megaupload Download link: For Your Entertainment Tracks - Live Performances
Sendspace Download Link: For Your Entertainment Tracks - Live Performances
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'scooter' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 11:31 AM'

This Leno appearance is already increasing Adam's sales. Yesterday on Amazon, Adam's album varied from #82 in the morning going to #67 in the afternoon and then #72 at night. Right now it is #59. In comparison, Kris's album is #126 on Amazon and Allison's album is #297 on Amazon. Danny's album is #9 on Amazon because it is new and came out yesterday. The Target I went to yesterday afternoon had none of FYE. A different Target I went to Monday had 6 copies of FYE. ::flowers::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'HollyinCa' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 2:15 PM'

He said that about IIHY - that no decision had been made and circumstances can change so they wouldn't decide anything until WWFM was done. It sounds like Adam really wants IIHY though. He keeps pushing it and mentioned it again in a British interview I just read.

I think he meant rock ballads get nowhere. SW isn't what I'd call rock at all.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'lucytor' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 2:23 PM'

You could be right. Btw, Adam says the next single will be IIHY in the digital spy interview published today:

Have you decided on a third US single yet?
"I think it's probably going to be 'If I Had You'. I think it's got a great message. It does sound a bit cliché but I love promoting love and acceptance and I think the song definitely gets that across. In the pop market we're so sex-saturated and a lot of the big artists are popular because they're "so fierce!" and badass. I love that and get a kick out of that - people like GaGa and Beyoncé especially - but that's the ground I was trying to cover with 'For Your Entertainment'. The thing about 'If I Had You' is that it reflects what I'm really about, which is joy."

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=638024&st=280
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Mr.Carey' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 2:43 PM'

Some opinions on here are just. Okay. Sleepwalker. NOT slow and boring. At all. PERFECT for radio play, it would be a freaking monster. Trust.

IIHU. Europe would eat it up. Release it over there. After SW dominates US radio, unleash Fever. THAT is the way to go.

You guys have to think in terms of potential success! This is the best path. SW will broaden his fanbase significantly, and radio will be more open to Fever.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'nuuskamuikkunen' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 2:57 PM'

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanid...se-of-idol.html

I loved that video backstage since
1) Shaun pointed to Adam when he said it was entertaining
2) Leno "happened" to walk by to mention Sleepwalker is going to Adam's biggest it thus far

Anyone have feeling that Shaun and Leno just loved Adam :icecream:
Or in radio general? I wish Finland had something like text service US radio seems to have. You request song and get text message when it is going to play -> I could easily avoid most of boring crap that comes from the radio these days.

Speaking of killer vocals... has any of you listened WLL acoustic (or Broken open too) in bed, with headphones, lights out... ::whistle:: Intense
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'lucytor' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 3:00 PM'

Yes, it's possible that Adam wants IIHY, and RCA are pushing for SW. OTOH imo Adam values his relationship with RCA, and he's already had one miss with FYE. I don't think that he'd be mentioning IIHY in interviews if that was not OK w/RCA. I also agree with you that SW is more American radio friendly than IIHY. However, I also think that the album SW really IS boring, and many people, here and elsewhere, have mentioned that the live version was superior to the album version, so it's not just a few people.

imo if they release SW, they might want to doctor it a bit past where it now is on the album. I hope that they release SW, in whatever form, instead of IIHY in the States, because IIHY is not going to fly here.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Sage' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 3:11 PM'

Any of the songs mentioned could be hits with the public, that's not the problem. The problem is the radio bigwigs who make the decision on what gets played. A handful of people make those decisions, not the public or we wouldn't have half the generic crap that we have on the radio. FYE would have done well had it been given a chance. If radio programmers think even just a few people will be offended by Fever, they won't take a chance on it, especially now with the state of the economy and risk of loss of advertising dollars. Adam has already pretty much said that in the chat he did.

The whole situation makes me angry cause it limits showing what Adam can do to the public, but what can you do? The US is controlled by conservative corporations who call the shots. Since when do these people ever truly listen to what the general public really wants?
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 3:20 PM'

Hollywood Gossip: Adam Lambert's New Single: Love It or Hate It? Vote Plz :) http://bit.ly/cdxiHV

Return to “2010 E&A”