2010-01-29/30/31 Adam at the Grammy's

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Kilroy' date='Feb 1st 2010, 11:47 PM'

Wow, finally got through the ET segments, online and on TV. Adam was all giiiirrrrrll. Kevin Frazier didn't seem to be the best wing man for Adam though. It's not a competition buddy. Adam by himself was a lot more fun.

LOL at Carrie getting dissed. I think Adam keeps a little checklist of those who've made comments about him, either subtly or not, or showed support. She has gone out of her way to say she's a Kris and Danny fan in all the media, in a roundabout way to say, also, that she doesn't like Adam, but she would never be quoted directly saying that. I could see his eyes bugging out a bit during her interview. The cogs were turning, and he was thinking, Wow, you are a bitch. Or maybe that was me projecting. Her album cycle, year on, blah blah blah, out of the country, "don't usually pull a white" meaning what her stylist pulls for her, etc.

I've never paid attention to Carrie Underwood other than be mystified about her sales. She's like Susan Boyle to me. I like Cowboy Casanova though.

Adam + Ke$ha are adorable. I like how he'll basically interview himself if the interviewee just stammers.

I really hope Adam doesn't make a habit of the fashion reports though. He might run out of country stars to put on the worst dressed.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'jnmk' date='Feb 2nd 2010, 1:39 AM'

I don't think Miranda's upset. Maybe this tweet will calm her fans down (I don't know how to make this red!):

@Miranda_Lambert

Ahhhh! Back to reality. I'm in the boonies drinkin a beer watching the Grammy fashion wrap up. Adam (cuz) I love u and you eyeliner anyway
about 2 hours ago from Tweetie
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'judesmum' date='Feb 2nd 2010, 10:19 AM'

dunno if this is posted

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanid...s-in-style.html
Click here to find out more!
Idol Tracker
What you're watching

« Previous Post | Idol Tracker Home
February 02, 2010
Adam Lambert celebrates his birthday -- and the Grammys -- in style
February 2, 2010 | 5:28 am

Lambert

If there were an award for busiest non-performer or presenter on Grammy night, it might have to go to Adam Lambert. Last year's "American Idol" runner-up spent most of his time on Sunday's red carpet working it, as the special fashion correspondent for "Entertainment Tonight." Among the pop stars who made their way to Adam's corner: Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Katy Perry and the Black Eyed Peas.

The one-off gig capped off a jam-packed weekend that included the star-studded Clive Davis party on Saturday and his own 28th birthday blow-out at the Mondrian Hotel the night prior, which was attended by fellow season 8 finalists Allison Iraheta, Anoop Desai, Lil Rounds and Megan Joy, as well as Slash and Lindsay Lohan, with Samantha Ronson manning the turntables. Before that, Adam spent most of Friday making the downtown L.A. rounds, hitting the official Grammy gift lounge, doing a few interviews and, suffice it to say, posing for hundreds of photos.

Whew! No wonder he looked exhausted (but still dashing) when we caught up with him at the end of the carpet. Here's some of what he had to say about Grammy fashions and Gaga.
How did your "ET" responsibilities go today?

It was fun! It was a great way for me to interact with my fellow peers in the recording industry, even though I'm just the new kid on the block. I got to talk about what I love, which is music and fashion. It was a nice little job that I got, and I think that the women especially appreciated that it was me reviewing them and not some catty woman.

Did you have to prep much for the job?

No prep. I like talking to people, and it was nice to switch positions and be the one asking the questions for a change. It was refreshing and also good for perspective. It can be tiring.

The Grammys are known for outrageous fashions ...

That's one of the things I liked most about it. At the Grammy Awards, people shouldn't dress traditionally; they should express themselves and go out on a limb. People like Lady Gaga, of course, wearing a strange avant-garde fashion installation around her body. I'm loving that; good for her!

Did you talk to Gaga?

Unfortunately, I didn't get to talk to her, but I did get to see it, and I yelled her name and we made eye contact. I think I got a slight smirk; it was like an inside smile, because Gaga was in character.

Do you think there's a philosophy or narrative behind all her kooky outfits?

If there is, I'm not aware of it. I think it's just art. It's like looking at a great painting -- it's pretty and interesting because it is. She puts thought into the dimensions, the dynamics, the colors, the proportions. ... It's definitely high art and high fashion.

Who did you get to gab with?

It was nice to connect with Pink, who's responsible for my hit song right now. I've only seen her a couple times. She looked great and was so sweet. I love Katy Perry. She and I are friends, and we've hung out before in social situations; she always has such a great sense of humor. I saw Kesha, who I also love. The Black Eyed Peas, I think they're so stylish; they always look cool.

Taylor Swift?

Yeah, I don't know her that well. I've only met her once in passing, but she's so well-spoken and sweet. I just haven't really been up on her music, but lovely girl.

Tell us a little about your birthday party. We heard Rihanna was coming?

It was amazing. She was going to try to go, but she didn't make it, unfortunately. Samantha Ronson was my DJ, and she did a great job. It was a fun night.

How late did you stay out?

I had a suite upstairs at the Mondrian, and we stayed up till about 5. I had a bunch of people over; we continued the party well until the wee hours. It was a big year, I had to celebrate it appropriately.

-- Shirley Halperin

Follow @IdolTracker on Twitter

Photo: Adam Lambert poses on the Grammy Awards red carpet. Credit: Jay L. Clendenin / Los Angeles Times
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'scooter' date='Feb 2nd 2010, 4:02 PM'

I guess Adam liked these 8 dresses that were on US Weekly Magazine's list. Gaga looked like an angel princess goddess compared to these other 8 on their Worst list. Wonder if Miranda and Carrie are thinking these looked better to Adam than they did? ::haha:: ::haha:: http://www.usmagazine.com/stylebeauty/phot...ed-stars-201012
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'lifesabeach' date='Feb 2nd 2010, 7:13 PM'

You would think that out of all of the Idols, JHud would have her nose up in the air the highest. She broke out of the Idol orbit at 7th place and won Oscar, Golden Globe AND Grammy's! Simon completely dissed her and put her down on the show... and yet, she is very down to Earth. She is respected by her peers who are A-list film actors, singers and film directors.

I just LOVED how she interacted with Adam on the red carpet.... unlike another Idol who made herself small and unfriendly, who gave off a vibe of negativity with some of the words she chose while being interviewed and lack of eye contact.

blah blah blah, whatever.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'traceyzat75' date='Feb 3rd 2010, 8:16 AM'

Such a cute interview! Neil surprises Adam on his b'day! ::wub::

Didn't see this posted yet. ::flowers::

http://www.daveandjimmy.com/cc-common/medi...aveandjimmy.php
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'traceyzat75' date='Feb 3rd 2010, 9:40 AM'

I don't think this pre-grammy interview YT link has been posted yet. ^_^

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Feb 11th 2010, 2:25 PM'

YT Vid: BTJ interview with Adam Lambert nugget at the Grammys, we heard it but never saw it,

Return to “2010 E&A”