2010-01-29/30/31 Adam at the Grammy's

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'KittyKay' date='Feb 1st 2010, 2:33 PM'

Another Bad Fashion report from Yahoo. They gave Gaga a D-. The Jonas brothers who went tradional got a B+. Akon who wore a t-shirt and Jeans got and A-. I guess they want boring.

http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/grammy-red-car...rd/3576?nc#id=9
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'traceyzat75' date='Feb 1st 2010, 3:42 PM'

MJ just posted a radio interview from Friday, not sure if it was already posted but just in case! :flowers:

http://mjsbigblog.com/adam-lambert-on-the-...ent-tonight.htm
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CakeFinale' date='Feb 1st 2010, 5:33 PM'

I'm watching ET and Adam says: "Did you see the dress??" "One word, Do-over!" "Clearly she doesn't have a mirror" ::roll:: I can't wait to see who he's talking about
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CakeFinale' date='Feb 1st 2010, 6:00 PM'

They only show 2 worst dressed and one of them...let's just say he lied to her face when interviewing her ::roll::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'snl89' date='Feb 1st 2010, 6:02 PM'

oh noooo ::roll::

hmm.. based on the "Little Mermaid meets Bed Bath and Beyond" comment, and the fact that he didn't seem toooo too into it when he was talking to her, I'm kind of thinking it might be Pink. Except.. I liked Pink's dress! :P But it had that Mermaid shape kinda, and he said he liked it but it wasn't quite "oooh that's prettyyyy!" that he was giving other people hehe
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'GlitzGlam' date='Feb 1st 2010, 6:17 PM'

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CakeFinale' date='Feb 1st 2010, 6:18 PM'

And you kinda got to watch the whole show he was on bits and pieces throughout
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'islandgirljams' date='Feb 1st 2010, 6:26 PM'

I just finished watching it!!!

SPOILER ALERT !!!!!
Hilarious
He dissed carrie underwood, yikes! don't think that'll go over well. but he was really nice about how he said it "wasn't loving the fit" ::whistle::

went with a safe dis with Miranda Lambert though he said "She has a great last name"
it was safe to say she looked like the little mermaid meets bed, bath and beyond ::haha:: ::haha:: ::haha::
its not like he runs in her circles ::whistle::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'adamazing' date='Feb 1st 2010, 6:54 PM'

I loved how all the singers knew him and went to him, and how cute was Jennifer Hudson. And Lea Michelle telling him in person that of course you would want to sing with the best.

BB is a star, I did feel a little sorry for that other ET guy, no one really paid him any attention. <3
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Sagitarius' date='Feb 1st 2010, 7:15 PM'

On another Grammy note...

I wonder how many new power hitters Adam rubbed shoulders with last night. I'm hoping (hoping, hoping) one of the attendees such as Smokey Robinson or Lionel Ritchie would ask him to at least join the chorus of the new We Are The World.

It's out there people..maybe it will happen!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'lifesabeach' date='Feb 1st 2010, 7:43 PM'

heehee.. I spoiled myself.

I still have 2 & 1/2 hours to wait.. couldn't help myself. He did a great job, loads of personality! The show hosts seemed quite pleased with him.

um... the NON-mermaid worst dressed kinda surprised me. It may have been that if she carried herself better in it and presented herself with a better interview she may have squeaked by. Sometimes the personality can take away from the look. Or maybe the bad interview was because she wasn't 100% pleased with the dress....

Oh Adam, you're too cute
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'LotusSkye' date='Feb 1st 2010, 8:39 PM'

Adam did a fantastic job for ET! He looked like he was having so much fun. I laughed when he said "who is a big fat fail?" He really is a natural in front of the camera. I also agreed with his best and worst picks. Well, except there were plenty of people that I am sure were worse than Carrie. Of all of the big names that I saw, I thought Britney Spears looked the worst. But I think he only ranked the people that he spoke to.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Vortex' date='Feb 1st 2010, 10:04 PM'

She did deserve it. She seemed to be dismissive of him and kind of stuck up and I think he sensed it because he's such an intuitive people person. She is in no position to be like that to a fellow Idol seeing as how just a few years ago she fell off a turnip truck in Hollywood thanks to AI. I'm glad he said her dress wasn't fitted right. ::devil::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CakeFinale' date='Feb 1st 2010, 10:11 PM'

BradBesseyET @adamlambert I hope you love it when you see it. We loved having you. Not only are u an uber-superstar but fun & pure joy to work with.

::wub::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'sweetmm' date='Feb 1st 2010, 10:55 PM'

Agree 100% with Carrie's dress; it did not show off her figure well, made her look short and the least glamorous I've seen her for some time.

Best dressed list, I don't agree with Rihanna though.

By the way Jennifer Hudson looks great in Victoria Beckham (its VB dress right?)
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'adamazing' date='Feb 1st 2010, 11:21 PM'

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Adam - no offense to the Carrie fans, but she looks and acts like an ice princess and can't interview worth a damn. I think she acts like an a$$ whenever she has been around Adam. She needs to remember where she came from.

Look at Jennifer Hudson who is hella talented, has grammy's and an Oscar and was all fangirl when she was talking to Adam and he was fangirling her back. That's the way I think all past idols should be with each other. <3

I wonder if Adam got to meet Kathy Griffin. I would have loved to have seen that. I saw her with Ryan on E, but I don't know if she stopped by the ET booth.
No, but I thought his jacket looked exactly like Jay Manuel's.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'raleighfan' date='Feb 1st 2010, 11:28 PM'

Didn't know if this had been posted. ;)

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Kilroy' date='Feb 1st 2010, 11:47 PM'

Wow, finally got through the ET segments, online and on TV. Adam was all giiiirrrrrll. Kevin Frazier didn't seem to be the best wing man for Adam though. It's not a competition buddy. Adam by himself was a lot more fun.

LOL at Carrie getting dissed. I think Adam keeps a little checklist of those who've made comments about him, either subtly or not, or showed support. She has gone out of her way to say she's a Kris and Danny fan in all the media, in a roundabout way to say, also, that she doesn't like Adam, but she would never be quoted directly saying that. I could see his eyes bugging out a bit during her interview. The cogs were turning, and he was thinking, Wow, you are a bitch. Or maybe that was me projecting. Her album cycle, year on, blah blah blah, out of the country, "don't usually pull a white" meaning what her stylist pulls for her, etc.

I've never paid attention to Carrie Underwood other than be mystified about her sales. She's like Susan Boyle to me. I like Cowboy Casanova though.

Adam + Ke$ha are adorable. I like how he'll basically interview himself if the interviewee just stammers.

I really hope Adam doesn't make a habit of the fashion reports though. He might run out of country stars to put on the worst dressed.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'jnmk' date='Feb 2nd 2010, 1:39 AM'

I don't think Miranda's upset. Maybe this tweet will calm her fans down (I don't know how to make this red!):

@Miranda_Lambert

Ahhhh! Back to reality. I'm in the boonies drinkin a beer watching the Grammy fashion wrap up. Adam (cuz) I love u and you eyeliner anyway
about 2 hours ago from Tweetie
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'judesmum' date='Feb 2nd 2010, 10:19 AM'

dunno if this is posted

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanid...s-in-style.html
Click here to find out more!
Idol Tracker
What you're watching

« Previous Post | Idol Tracker Home
February 02, 2010
Adam Lambert celebrates his birthday -- and the Grammys -- in style
February 2, 2010 | 5:28 am

Lambert

If there were an award for busiest non-performer or presenter on Grammy night, it might have to go to Adam Lambert. Last year's "American Idol" runner-up spent most of his time on Sunday's red carpet working it, as the special fashion correspondent for "Entertainment Tonight." Among the pop stars who made their way to Adam's corner: Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Katy Perry and the Black Eyed Peas.

The one-off gig capped off a jam-packed weekend that included the star-studded Clive Davis party on Saturday and his own 28th birthday blow-out at the Mondrian Hotel the night prior, which was attended by fellow season 8 finalists Allison Iraheta, Anoop Desai, Lil Rounds and Megan Joy, as well as Slash and Lindsay Lohan, with Samantha Ronson manning the turntables. Before that, Adam spent most of Friday making the downtown L.A. rounds, hitting the official Grammy gift lounge, doing a few interviews and, suffice it to say, posing for hundreds of photos.

Whew! No wonder he looked exhausted (but still dashing) when we caught up with him at the end of the carpet. Here's some of what he had to say about Grammy fashions and Gaga.
How did your "ET" responsibilities go today?

It was fun! It was a great way for me to interact with my fellow peers in the recording industry, even though I'm just the new kid on the block. I got to talk about what I love, which is music and fashion. It was a nice little job that I got, and I think that the women especially appreciated that it was me reviewing them and not some catty woman.

Did you have to prep much for the job?

No prep. I like talking to people, and it was nice to switch positions and be the one asking the questions for a change. It was refreshing and also good for perspective. It can be tiring.

The Grammys are known for outrageous fashions ...

That's one of the things I liked most about it. At the Grammy Awards, people shouldn't dress traditionally; they should express themselves and go out on a limb. People like Lady Gaga, of course, wearing a strange avant-garde fashion installation around her body. I'm loving that; good for her!

Did you talk to Gaga?

Unfortunately, I didn't get to talk to her, but I did get to see it, and I yelled her name and we made eye contact. I think I got a slight smirk; it was like an inside smile, because Gaga was in character.

Do you think there's a philosophy or narrative behind all her kooky outfits?

If there is, I'm not aware of it. I think it's just art. It's like looking at a great painting -- it's pretty and interesting because it is. She puts thought into the dimensions, the dynamics, the colors, the proportions. ... It's definitely high art and high fashion.

Who did you get to gab with?

It was nice to connect with Pink, who's responsible for my hit song right now. I've only seen her a couple times. She looked great and was so sweet. I love Katy Perry. She and I are friends, and we've hung out before in social situations; she always has such a great sense of humor. I saw Kesha, who I also love. The Black Eyed Peas, I think they're so stylish; they always look cool.

Taylor Swift?

Yeah, I don't know her that well. I've only met her once in passing, but she's so well-spoken and sweet. I just haven't really been up on her music, but lovely girl.

Tell us a little about your birthday party. We heard Rihanna was coming?

It was amazing. She was going to try to go, but she didn't make it, unfortunately. Samantha Ronson was my DJ, and she did a great job. It was a fun night.

How late did you stay out?

I had a suite upstairs at the Mondrian, and we stayed up till about 5. I had a bunch of people over; we continued the party well until the wee hours. It was a big year, I had to celebrate it appropriately.

-- Shirley Halperin

Follow @IdolTracker on Twitter

Photo: Adam Lambert poses on the Grammy Awards red carpet. Credit: Jay L. Clendenin / Los Angeles Times

Return to “2010 E&A”