MTT Mod
MTT Mod

2010-01-19 Oprah Show (Pre-Taped 13th ) - PERFORMANCE

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Jan 14th 2010, 9:08 PM'

Neon Limelight

http://neonlimelight.com/2010/01/14/sneak-...the-oprah-show/

Sneak Peek: Adam Lambert On The Oprah Show

The Oprah Winfrey Show’s twitter account upped the anticipation for its episode with Adam Lambert by teasing his fans with a photo from the set.

Adam stands next to the big O with their arms interlocked, Adam’s dark hair slicked back and a smile on his face. Oprah looks just as happy to have the rocker on her show as he is to be on it.

The episode, which features an interview and performance with Adam, airs Tuesday, January 19.

he is so freakin Gorgeous ::wub::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'glitterynfierce' date='Jan 14th 2010, 9:25 PM'

AHA!! Another one bites the dust (Adam, that is ;) ) Lookie this comment from that article:

Shadowman says:
January 14, 2010 at 6:16 pm
I heard this dude on fuse, his video is good. But the song on Oprah is different, so I will have to catch it. He has a good voice.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'blacksequin' date='Jan 14th 2010, 9:48 PM'

Thanks so much for the recaps. I so am missing seeing Adam so much between TV appearances!
Regarding this:

Also, not to make anyone sad (Jooory ), but it's true.....Adam did mention being lonely sometimes. I'm not sure why that person said it was taken out of context, but it wasn't...he indeed says that. He also said he was really feeling sad in the beginning of December.

Adam had to be feeling really sad in early December due to the whole AMA backlash, when he didn't yet know HOW it was going to play out. There was so much negativity and some were saying his career was really going to be hurt by the AMA performance... Not having a "love interest" perhaps made him feel more lonely, but it was probably for the best at the time.
So glad that Ellen, Conan, Chelsea and Jay had him on their shows and supported him. He certainly seems to feel better now.
I do think he was quite concerned at the time and probably worrying a great deal.
I think he's sone a great job of diffusing the situation without having to apologize which he didn't want to do because he didn't think he did anything wrong.
I was extremely proud of him for saying that he respected people, and if he disrepected them in that performance, he regretted that part of it.
And also that he recognized, with his dad's input, that perhaps it was a "taste level" issue, which it truly was.
Adam has made lemonade from the lemons. :flowers:
I just want to see more televised gigs so he can gain more new fans.
With the upcoming VH1 awards and hopefully the Oscars, he will still have TV exposure.
I really expect that he will be on Idol this Season too. How could they not invite him as a guest performer?
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Jan 15th 2010, 1:03 AM'

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00030105.html

Ace Showbiz
First Look of Adam Lambert and Lady GaGa on 'Oprah'
The two 'big things' in music industry are Oprah Winfrey's scheduled guests in separate episodes.

awww ::wub::

Through his Twitter, Adam Lambert has shared a picture of him walking arm in arm with Oprah Winfrey for an upcoming episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show". Susan Boyle, who is rumored making a duet with him, is not in the frame.

"I'm really excited. I want to meet her," Lambert previously told Extra about the gig. "We have the same birthday! She's incredible. What a great leader, communicator, philanthropist. I'm really curious what she is going to ask me. Maybe she will dig and make me cry."

Lady GaGa's segment meanwhile is previewed through a behind-the-scene footage where she talked about what viewers can expect from her appearance. Struggling not to choke in tears, GaGa said the show captures a very sentimental part of her because it's all about her journey.

Adam Lambert's episode will go on air on Tuesday, January 19 while GaGa's episode would air on Friday, January 15 during the live show from Chicago. GaGa reportedly would perform one of the songs in "The Fame".
there is a small clip of Gaga inside if anyone care it really touching :'(
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'MsAdamsEve' date='Jan 15th 2010, 2:35 PM'

Oh my- this is giving me major heart eyes for Oprah

Everyone knows the big Adam Lambert news is his upcoming appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show. AfterElton.com just got a sneak peek at what Adam had to tell Oprah about being an out performer.

ADAM: I said I don't want to deny it because that's not me. I want to own it. But what I chose to do is not give myself a label because I knew that label would be attached to me from there on out and I think people would jump to conclusions with that label.
OPRAH: Yeah, because then people would say there's the gay guy.

ADAM: Yep. And now that's what they say, actually.
OPRAH: No. They're saying — no, I heard they just say your name.

ADAM: Really?
OPRAH: You're the big rocker. I don't hear "the gay guy."

ADAM: I hope that's — I think that's how it should be in a perfect world.
OPRAH: Yes.

ADAM: I've seen a lot of press where they say openly gay singer Adam Lambert. You know, it's like the gay part comes before the singer part and I'm like, that doesn't define who I am.
OPRAH: But the fact that you have been so openly gay about it and open about it means that that will transition. So you are paving the way --

ADAM: I hope so.
OPRAH: — for people who can exactly say who they are.

OPRAH: Don't hope. It's happening.

ADAM: It is?
OPRAH: You're doing it.

http://www.afterelton.com/blog/michaeljens...ah-gay-comments
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Jan 15th 2010, 2:37 PM'

http://www.afterelton.com/blog/michaeljens...ah-gay-comments

Exclusive: Adam Lambert Talks About Being Out With Oprah

by Michael Jensen

Everyone knows the big Adam Lambert news is his upcoming appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show. AfterElton.com just got a sneak peek at what Adam had to tell Oprah about being an out performer.

ADAM: I said I don't want to deny it because that's not me. I want to own it. But what I chose to do is not give myself a label because I knew that label would be attached to me from there on out and I think people would jump to conclusions with that label.
OPRAH: Yeah, because then people would say there's the gay guy.

ADAM: Yep. And now that's what they say, actually.
OPRAH: No. They're saying — no, I heard they just say your name.

ADAM: Really?
OPRAH: You're the big rocker. I don't hear "the gay guy."

ADAM: I hope that's — I think that's how it should be in a perfect world.
OPRAH: Yes.

ADAM: I've seen a lot of press where they say openly gay singer Adam Lambert. You know, it's like the gay part comes before the singer part and I'm like, that doesn't define who I am.
OPRAH: But the fact that you have been so openly gay about it and open about it means that that will transition. So you are paving the way --

OPRAH: — for people who can exactly say who they are.

OPRAH: Don't hope. It's happening.

ADAM: It is?
OPRAH: You're doing it.
And here is more of Oprah's interview with Adam.

...On Simon Cowell's announcement that he's leaving American Idol:

OPRAH: So Simon Cowell made it official.
ADAM: He's done.

OPRAH: Can you believe it's going to be his last season on American Idol? What do you think about that?
ADAM: I think the audience will definitely miss Simon. And I think the contestants will miss out on like really honest criticism. I mean, sometimes it can be a little personal and I know other contestants took it to heart sometimes and got really stressed out about what he would say. I think that that's important to making you a better performer is you've got to hear the good and the bad.

OPRAH: Do you think the show will go on without him? Will the show be as effective, as strong without him?
ADAM: You know, I think that ultimately after the first couple weeks of auditions, the audience tunes in every week for the contestants.

OPRAH: Yeah.
ADAM: Mostly. I mean, I think people tune in to — they grow fond of one or a couple of the people and they get behind them and they're invested in them. And of course it's great to hear, okay, what's Simon gonna say? But we tune in to hear the contestants blossom or not.

...On what it was like to meet Madonna

ADAM: She walked into the room and her presence is very powerful. She's very intense.

OPRAH: Yes. Very Madonna.
ADAM: Very Madonna.

OPRAH: Mm-hmm.
ADAM: At first, you know, I could tell she was kind of checking me out. Scoping it out a little bit.

OPRAH: Mm-hmm. Like who is this Idol kid.
ADAM: Who is this boy coming over to my house? And the first thing I said was, oh, my God. (Laughter.) ...On the controversy over his performance at the American Music Awards

OPRAH: And if you had to do it over, would you do it?
ADAM: Yeah, I do. I — there's no regrets for me. I mean, I would sing it a little better. I went back and watched the tape and I was like

OPRAH: You would do the kiss and the — you would.
ADAM: I would. I think I would do it during dress rehearsal this time so I would allow ABC to decide whether or not they liked it.

OPRAH: Really.
ADAM: To be consistent during rehearsal. It's a professional thing. It was an oversight.

OPRAH: So after all the controversy there wasn't one moment where you thought, well, maybe.
ADAM: I definitely sat with it and in hindsight I can understand, okay, I understand why people were freaked out. I wasn't trying to upset anybody. I was just kind of —

OPRAH: Did you know ahead of time you were gonna do it?
ADAM: Not that — not the stuff people took the biggest offense to. The biggest staging was mapped out. The choreography. But the things that people freaked out about were kind of spur of the moment.
and this just for the sake of laughing ::haha::

And we also got this pic of Oprah and Lady GaGa! Oprah really awesome i luv Gaga ::wub::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Jerilin' date='Jan 15th 2010, 5:43 PM'

Thanks for bringing it here ::flowers:: ::huggy::

Gorgeous!!! ::wub:: ::wub:: ::wub::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Jan 15th 2010, 6:21 PM'

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/en...ts-not-cowell/1

Adam Lambert: Audiences tune in for contestants, not Cowell

:omg: could he be more gorgeous ::wub::

Adam Lambert and Susan Boyle appear on Tuesday's Oprah Winfrey Show. Oprah asked Adam about Simon Cowell's announcement that he's leaving American Idol. Here's a bit of their conversation:

OPRAH: "Can you believe it's going to be his last season on American Idol? What do you think about that?"
ADAM: "I think the audience will definitely miss Simon. And I think the contestants will miss out on, like, his really honest criticism. I mean, sometimes it can be a little personal and I know other contestants took it to heart sometimes and got really stressed out about what he would say. I think that that's important to making you a better performer is you've got to hear the good and the bad."
OPRAH: "Do you think the show will go on without him? Will the show be as effective, as strong without him?"
ADAM: "You know, I think that ultimately after the first couple weeks of auditions, the audience tunes in every week for the contestants."
OPRAH: "Yeah."
ADAM: "Mostly. I mean, I think people tune in to -- they grow fond of one or a couple of the people and they get behind them and they're invested in them. And of course it's great to hear, okay, what's Simon gonna say? But we tune in to hear the contestants blossom or not."
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'carriefan06' date='Jan 15th 2010, 6:52 PM'

Adam preview on Oprah!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YTdc4jcweU
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'angelheaven' date='Jan 15th 2010, 7:05 PM'

YES, you are totally YUMMIE!!

::heart:: ::heart:: ::wub:: ::wub::

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'jacci' date='Jan 17th 2010, 11:38 PM'

http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Big-Breaks-w...and-Susan-Boyle

the show schedule for the week is up:

"Big Breaks with Adam Lambert and Susan Boyle"
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'jacci' date='Jan 18th 2010, 11:24 AM'

He wore the same necklace at the Art of Elysium with his white tuxedo.
http://i47.tinypic.com/15cg5km.jpg
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'AdamLuva' date='Jan 18th 2010, 11:13 PM'

We get IIHY on Oprah's site tomorrow too, right?
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'KittyKay' date='Jan 18th 2010, 11:43 PM'

Oprah has his last visit video up on her site. Let's watch it in anticipation and give her hits on her site under the Adam section. We need to work on a third visit. LOL

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Getting-to-...m-Lambert-Video
This is how she has it tagged" Rock Star Adam Lambert Video

He is so cute!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Hatshepsutely' date='Jan 19th 2010, 8:00 AM'

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'traceyzat75' date='Jan 19th 2010, 10:24 AM'

If I Had You up on Oprah's site!!! ::clap:: ::wootbounce::

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Adam-Lamber...I-Had-You-Video

BB looks and sounds incredible. ::wub:: Barely noticed he flubbed a line towards the end. ::haha:: This so should've been aired! Need to see it on the big screen TV!!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'traceyzat75' date='Jan 19th 2010, 10:31 AM'

Clip of the interview!!!! ::woot::

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Adam-Lamber...ur-Dreams-Video
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'WILDROSE' date='Jan 19th 2010, 10:40 AM'

omg,IT'S realy exciting! there is a short segment on adam's interview with O on E!online right now.I love that little omg when he talks about meeting Madona.they also got lots of cool adam pics in there.
he realy look gorgeous here.can't wait for the rest to be posted here.

ETA:
watched those two short clips on Oprha's site.(thnxs for that!)
actualy the vids kept freezing every couple of seconds so it was a bit annoying,but still it was realy amazing.
I loved how adam talked about asking things from the univers well apeartly it worked for him! I think it was so sweet of him to talk about Sobu when O asked him about the whole fame thing.
I love if I had you its realy a great song and he realy preformes it so well live.he realy is hot with a capital H.and O is such a fangirl!!
just one more thing,youv'e got to find yourself some good backup singers ,bb!!
oh,and what's that about sweet Tommy hidden away at the side of the stage?com'on,he is a celeb too now,hahah.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'jacci' date='Jan 19th 2010, 10:45 AM'

long article about interview now posted on oprah's website. I won't copy here since it's really long.

http://www.oprah.com/entertainment/America...Rise-to-Stardom

Here's the first page

Return to “2010 E&A”