2010-01-19 Oprah Show (Pre-Taped 13th ) - PERFORMANCE

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'snl89' date='Jan 20th 2010, 2:58 AM'

:/

Honestly? How on earth could they claim he's lost his appeal as a SINGER!? Granted If I Had You isn't exactly a super vocal-heavy song- it's more about the fun dancyness of it- but WWFM is incredibly vocally stunning! He hasn't lost a THING vocally.

I think the problem is some people don't get that just because not every song on his album is a super vocal-based song, that doesn't mean he's NOT still an incredible vocalist. It just means that he personally really enjoys pop/dance music as well, and wanted to incorporate that into his album. Just like GaGa is an amazing vocalist as well, but not all of her songs are really designed to show that off- they're designed to be fun, catchy dance songs.

I would feel the same way if Adam had made a PURELY electro/dance album, but he didn't at ALL! Soooo many of the songs show off his incredible voice. FYE and IIHY are probably the two that do so the least, and most of the other ones absolutely do.

And as a performer, I just don't see how they can say he wasn't incredibly engaging on Oprah! To me, he's lost absolutely NOTHING in charisma or vocal prowess. So I do not get what they're going on about.

The only thing I can think is that maybe they've just seen him perform WWFM on various shows so many times that they FEEL like he's losing his magic, even though it's really just because they've seen the same performance so much they've become immune to the fact that it's still very special.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'angelheaven' date='Jan 20th 2010, 6:37 AM'

His reaction on his performance at the AMA's

::haha::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'snl89' date='Jan 20th 2010, 9:53 AM'

So I've been reading some various other message boards, and I couldn't help but notice something:

A couple different people seem to have taken a bit of offense to the fact that Adam wouldn't speak in religious terms when Oprah was asking him about "who he asked" and stuff. I mean it makes sense I suppose that some conservative Christian people would be annoyed with that, but I just found it interesting because I wouldn't have thought of that as being a particularly controversial thing! I mean, I've gone to both Church and Temple plenty of times in my life (my dad is Jewish and my mom is Christian), but my mom also has pretty Agnostic views, so I've always grown up hearing about the Universe and energy and all that too. So to me I actually LOVE that Adam uses those terms, because I'm Agnostic myself and prefer to think of things that way, rather than putting the label "God" on it. I just think calling it "God" can lead to people thinking of whatever higher power is out there as too human-like, and then it starts becoming a competition of "my God is better than your God" when really it's all just energy.

But yeah, it was just interesting to see how some people really didn't like that, and got all "no, GOD is responsible for your success Adam, not the Universe!" and I'm just like... :rolleyes: It's whoever he WANTS it to be that's responsible. Spirituality is spirituality. It's not even like he's Atheist- he does believe in a greater power, he just views it in terms of energy in the Universe rather than God :)

It just wasn't something I was expecting to see people take offense to, but a couple different people did! And I thought it was interesting, seeing how uncomfortable it makes some people simply to see someone NOT speak in religious terms
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'jacci' date='Jan 20th 2010, 12:09 PM'

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/01/19/adam-lam...-meets-madonna/

Jan 19 2010 05:48 PM ET
Adam Lambert on 'Oprah': He shops at Whole Foods! He meets Madonna!
by Jennifer Armstrong

Oprah paid homage this afternoon to the quirky appeal of Susan Boyle and Adam Lambert (and, thus, to the massive power of Simon Cowell-judged televised talent contests). Despite Boyle’s absurd sales figures (8 million worldwide!), though, it was clear who the Oprah demo’s favorite was: Boyle was off the stage after about 15 minutes — a performance and a quick video package/interview about how she used to be regular and frumpy and now she’s famous — to make way for Adam to chat with Oprah and repeatedly visit a Los Angeles Whole Foods in video segments. And though there were no new revelations (he’s still gay!), he did manage to entertain, as usual. Among the things we learned:

1. At his favorite L.A. rocker store, Forgotten Saints, he could actually find a vinyl jacket with furry tufts that he felt went “too far.” (Sadly, it is not available on their website.)

2. He met Madonna for “five minutes” because his guitarist is her guitar teacher, and in those five minutes he told her he was intimidated because he loves her. Her rejoinder: “So love equals intimidation to you?” Can’t you just totally hear her saying that in her faux British accent thing?

3. “Adam is like energy.” That is how 15-year-old Jessica — who shares her Lambert love with mom Sue — explained her fandom just before oh my god being totally surprised when he showed up to give them both passes to his dress rehearsal! Honestly, at this point, how are people still surprised when their dreams come true on Oprah? If I ever get a call from anyone remotely connected this show, I expect my life to change. And I will be very angry if it doesn’t happen.

And in honor of Jessica and Sue, he sang “Whataya Want from Me” — a very mom-friendly tune, as evidenced by his understated brown jacket, modest eyeliner, and all the ladies of a certain age singing along in the audience.

Also, here’s “If I Had You”: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O-hs-CL26Q...player_embedded

What about you, PopWatchers? What did you think of Adam (and Susan) on Oprah? Did that jacket really go too far? Is Adam like energy?
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Jan 20th 2010, 12:55 PM'

from gossipcandy ::icecream::

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'jacci' date='Jan 20th 2010, 4:07 PM'

http://www.billboard.com/news/adam-lambert...004060419.story

Adam Lambert Sits Down With Oprah
by Monica Herrera, N.Y. | January 20, 2010 12:33 EST

Adam Lambert dropped by "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Tuesday (Jan. 19) to talk about what's changed since January of last year, when he was just a musical theater kid with crazy vocal range and "American Idol" dreams.

I think my biggest concern going into it was, 'I'm a little left of center for this whole 'American Idol' thing,' " said Lambert -- or the "wild child," as Winfrey called him. "I'm so glad they took a chance on me."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nmvpqZXGC0...player_embedded

The glam pop singer also stood his ground on his "frisky, risqué" performance at the American Music Awards ("There's no regrets for me," he told the talk show host) and said that while he's proud to be openly gay, he'd like to be known as a singer first.

Later, Lambert performed his single "Whataya Want from Me," which also debuted in music video form on VH1 over the weekend. Check out the polished clip below.

(his WWFM video was embedded here)
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'jacci' date='Jan 20th 2010, 4:28 PM'

lesbian site still likes Adam and even discusses yesterday's Queerty article

http://www.autostraddle.com/adam-lambert-on-oprah-29170/

Adam LamBERRRTTT tells Oprah He Waited a Lifetime for a Moment Like This
January 20, 2010
posted by Sarah and riese

Adam Lambert talks to Oprah about higher powers, being a homo & having no regrets, goes shopping on Melrose and performs (and Queerty doesn’t like it). There’s a new book about lesbians throughout history. Nerve has a list of 10 child stars you probably want to do now that they’re legal. Bravo’s Millionaire Matchmaker will have more gays this year. And Tim Tebow has filmed a commercial for Focus on the Family.

GLAMBERT: Our Sexiest Man of the Year and overall Man of the Year Adam Lambert guested on Oprah yesterday rocking a Danny Zuko ‘do and a brown suede jacket. They chatted about dreaming the impossible dream and how he looked to the sky and said maybe this time he would be lucky, maybe this time he’d stay to the top 13, and how for him w/r/t the AMAs, it’s all about forgetting regret because life is yours to live. And so on and so forth and now here we are on Oprah, and he’s gay, and he’s foxy, and well most of the interview goes over material relatively familiar to those of us who’ve been following Adam Lambert’s every move, crotch grab and gay reference from Day One. But we watched it again anyhow. And again. You should, too. Also Susan Boyle was on the show, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nmvpqZXGC0...player_embedded

Oprah: “The fact that you have been so openly gay about it and open about it… you are paving the way for people who can exactly say who they are.”
Adam: “I hope so.”
Oprah: “Don’t hope — it’s happening.”
Adam: “It is?”
Oprah: “Yeah! You’re doing it!
Adam: “Yay!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPQgNAigSVs...player_embedded

It’s cute/telling when he reveals the biggest perk — as it is for so many successful artists these days — is being “financially stable” while doing what he loves, after so many years of struggling now he has a house and can help his Mom out. Then Oprah goes “shopping” with Adam on Melrose and he jokes “that’s what I do all day, eat and shop.” They also chat about when he met Madonna.

Then he performed “If I Had You,” and it was awesome per ushe, though lately we’re wondering when they’re gonna take Lambert off probation ’cause it sometimes feels that his performances have erred a tad too conservative in response to AMA backlash. We can’t wait to see him get a little edgy Gaga risky again, but perhaps Oprah’s not the ideal venue. In other news, his album gets better every time we listen to it.

Queerty dares to ask Why is Adam Lambert Suddenly Such an Unimpressive Singer? and needless to say, our answer is “he’s not.” But really where has he been performing since the AMAs? Mostly on talk shows. I’ve never been impressed by anyone’s performance on a daytime or nighttime talk show besides Lady Gaga; and even then the occasional audience pans make me wince. Rarely does the show’s audience include genuine fans, or even potential genuine fans, and the faux-crowd’s strained, directed “enthusiasm” can be painful; though rarely as painful as the singer who’s forced to build melodic momentum and fake genuine synergy to a group of people that nine times out of ten wishes it was Taylor Swift day. Also, the whole ‘let’s pretend like it’s a nightclub even though McDonalds will still be serving Egg McMuffins when this crap is over” thing is weird. Then again, I can get a little Angela Chasey about these things, so.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Blue*Rose' date='Jan 20th 2010, 8:37 PM'

My videos from The Oprah Winfrey Show. The Backstage Interview and If I Had You videos were from Oprah.com. The rest were capped by me. I'm also uploading an HD mpg of Whataya Want From Me - check my folder in a couple of hours if you want it.

INTERVIEWS
01 Oprah Winfrey Show - Adam Lambert Interview
02 Oprah Winfrey Show - Adam Goes Shopping and Soundcheck
03 Oprah Winfrey Show - Whataya Want From Me and Simon Cowell
04 Oprah Winfrey Show - Backstage with Glam Rocker Adam Lambert
Download link: 2010 Interviews Folder 1

VIDEO
01 Whataya Want From Me (Live Oprah Winfrey Show)
02 If I Had You (Live Oprah Winfrey Show)
Download link: 2010 Video mp4

MUSIC
01 Whataya Want From Me (Live Oprah Winfrey Show)
02 If I Had You (Live Oprah Winfrey Show)
Download link: 2010 Music mp3

I really liked this session Adam had with Oprah. <3
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'judesmum' date='Jan 21st 2010, 1:09 AM'

This is from the mom of the mom/daughter that he surprised
The Surprise Of A Lifetime… Thank You Adam.
"By now, I hope you all have been able to see Adams big Oprah debut. I had a front row view of the entire show and here is what I would love you to know. . .

Adam was rocking the Elvis hair and the unmistakeable Adam pipes. From the moment he walked onstage he had us mesmerized, and yes I was so fortunate to be there. I am Sue, “the mom” that was chosen to share this surprising experience with my daughter, Jess.

As you hear Oprah say before our clip, we had him to ourselves the previous night after he surprised us during our little “interview”. My biggest joy from that clip is NOT watching me freak-out and run, but watching his face as he is surprising US!! I hope you can feel the love in that room! If you listen carefully you can hear him say, “awww” when I kiss Jess. He is, simply put by Jess, ENERGY. That “energy” made the conversation easy and kept the “awwws” flowing on both ends. He seemed truly touched by the attention he was receiving from us and we were on top of the world. HIS world.

The soundcheck was by far, THE coolest thing we have ever been a part of. Ok, besides the fact that it was ADAM and the band, just watching the entire experience was fascinating. Then, as they showed in the clip, his song dedication to us was so sweet and totally unexpected!! As you can hear, he was spot on. He was completely above and beyond any expectations that we had of him. Then to have to grasp that we still had a whole second day was really like living a dream since we felt so blessed already.

On Wednesday, sitting in that audience, there was an energy like no other. It was Adam energy. Those that we spoke to joined us in counting our lucky stars to be a part of that audience. It was as if we were all in Adams universe. You can see as he enters that he is beautiful, confident, and ready for a good time. There was no disappointment there… From his sparkling interview to his flawless singing he was definitely the king, even if it was of his OWN universe. I am truly at a loss of words to say how much this meant to Jess and I. We cannot grasp as to why we were the “chosen” ones. What I can say is that you were all there with us as the entire experience was happening. This site is where my love for Adam began and you all have a very special place in my heart, especially Fernando, Carol, Dana, and Lila. And to Adam, Thank You for rocking our world and changing it forever. It has been a crazy last couple of days, from seeing ourselves on t.v., to people twittering about us, and having people “friending” us on facebook. Our lives will never be the same."
XOXO~Sue~Glamb#10

http://adam-lambert.org/the-surprise-of-a-...thank-you-adam/

Return to “2010 E&A”