OMG WWFM is #22 and FYE is #19 in Canada
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

2010-01-19 Oprah Show (Pre-Taped 13th ) - PERFORMANCE

Post by glambertparty »

'Silvia' date='Jan 19th 2010, 6:50 PM'

The power of O:

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #14 in Music (See Bestsellers in Music)
Popular in these categories: (What's this?)

#4 in Music > Rock
#14 in Music > Pop
::woot::

Come on! Jut a little bit more! Only 13# up :D
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'bebeg' date='Jan 19th 2010, 6:55 PM'

Michelle is on a roll with her tweets -

Flawless performance, as always, but I secretly was rooting for some more inappropriate make outing on ABC. Bc I'm sick. #adamlambert #oprah
3 minutes ago from web

Adam's reply ::haha::

@michcoll hahah love the blow by blow commentary! (even if there was no blowing)
1 minute ago from Echofon in reply to michcoll
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'bebeg' date='Jan 19th 2010, 6:58 PM'

And Michelle replies to Adam -

@adamlambert Haha thank you! You are seriously dazzling the Queen of Daytime TV... Save the blowing for late night, like a gentleman.
less than a minute ago from web in reply to adamlambert
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Jesses_Girl' date='Jan 19th 2010, 7:01 PM'

LaLaLives Didn't watch him on Idol &kinda tuned out when he performed @ the AMAs, but I'm watching Adam Lambert for the 1st time and I think I'm a fan
7 minutes ago from web
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'alidol' date='Jan 19th 2010, 7:02 PM'

Is that the single cover of WWFM?
Just saw in this thread.

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'adamjoy' date='Jan 19th 2010, 7:29 PM'

UP TO #14 ON amazon!!! ::thumbup::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'MsAdamsEve' date='Jan 19th 2010, 7:30 PM'

I found this on another board. Who knows if there's any truth to this...

thespindleshay
I'm finding it very disturbing that ABC affiliate in Tupelo MS refused to air Oprah today and instead aired a repeat. #adamlambert

2 more reports of preemption. Northern Alabama and central Mississippi.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'SueB' date='Jan 19th 2010, 7:46 PM'

Oooo, Adam's up to #10 on Amazon.com! ::woot::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Silvia' date='Jan 19th 2010, 7:57 PM'

Amazon.ca Sales Rank: #21 in Music
Popular in these categories:

#5 in Music > Rock
#15 in Music > Pop
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'fangurl1964' date='Jan 19th 2010, 8:46 PM'

Adam is #8 on Amazon ::woot::

Silvia, any more predicitions? You were spot on before :)
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Silvia' date='Jan 19th 2010, 9:25 PM'

Ip, Up, Up!!! ::clap::

Amazon.ca Sales Rank: #15 in Music
Popular in these categories:

#3 in Music > Rock
#13 in Music > Pop

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #8 in Music
Popular in these categories: (What's this?)

#2 in Music > Rock
#8 in Music > Pop

::spaz:: ::spaz:: ::spaz::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Adamized' date='Jan 19th 2010, 9:42 PM'

Just finally got to watch the show. The whole thing was totally made of win. Adam is just such a natural, so real. He looked great and sang superbly once again. The conversation between Adam and Oprah just flowed so easily, it was just perfect. I am just totally floored onced again on the way he presents himself. He's funny, gracious, articulate, unassuming, self aware, confident................ I could go on and on, but I
won't. He's just SUCH a pleasure.

I loved seeing people in the audience singing along, specially Oprah and MOMBERT. Mombert was beaming with pride, and I swear Oprah was too. Adam totally charmed her pants off and she is a fan. You could tell it was for real.

Jealous of the Mother and Daughter. LOL

Not a fan of Susan Boyle, but there is no denying that she has a beautiful voice. Her segment was short, but I thought it was nicely done. It even made me tear up a little. It must have been very hard for her to audtion in the first place, so good for her and her success. I don't know exactly why her segment was so short, but I am just thrilled that Adam got so much face time. That is so huge for him.

Hope that he sells a ton more cd's. It is now okay to love Adam America. Oprah has decreed it so.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'madamimadam' date='Jan 19th 2010, 10:53 PM'

FYE is now #5 overall on Amazon!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'jacci' date='Jan 20th 2010, 1:13 AM'

Apparently there were some (at least three) stations in the south that refused to air today's Oprah and aired reruns instead.

Here is a follow-up on one as posted by Q3 on PF. In case you're wondering, WTVA is a NBC affiliate, not ABC. They are broadcast out of Tupelo Mississippi.

Well just to close the loop on WTVA-TV Tupelo MS not broadcasting the Oprah Show today -- they got bombarded with complaint calls. This is a relatively small broadcast market -- one of the smallest in the country -- and I have told they had hundreds of complaints about not broadcasting Adam. They told some of the callers [not me] that they might broadcast it in the future. But still have not given anyone an explanation on why it did not air.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'jacci' date='Jan 20th 2010, 2:09 AM'

So I'll fess up that I didn't read everything since most of my day was spent in real life. But here's the first review I could find. Sorry if someone posted it 50 pages ago. ::haha::
http://neonlimelight.com/2010/01/19/adam-l...mance-on-oprah/

Adam Lambert Works His Strut For “If I Had You” Performance On ‘Oprah’

January 19, 2010 by TJ

{IIHY was embedded here on their site}

Adam Lambert used his big appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show give audiences a taste of more from his debut album, For Your Entertainment.

Along with performing his second single, “Whataya Want From Me,” Adam chose the fun and upbeat “If I Had You.” And it’s a good thing he did. From the looks of things, it’s a fav for the Big O. She bounced along with the audience and even sang along. How’s that for an endorsement?
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'jacci' date='Jan 20th 2010, 2:46 AM'

I just don't understand why gay sites have to bash Adam. Maybe they didn't understand him asking "Whataya Want From Me".
Don't read if you want to stay in your feel-good mood.

http://www.queerty.com/why-is-adam-lambert...inger-20100119/

Why Is Adam Lambert Suddenly an Unimpressive Singer?

On today's Oprah, Adam Lambert performs "If I Had You," the latest single being pushed from his record For Your Entertainment. And like most of the music in the album, whether performed live or recorded in a sound studio, we're sort of … eh.

As an American Idol contestant, Lambert generated headlines and blog love because he was breaking down, or at least brushing up against the barriers that the program created for its singers. Like Carrie Underwood, Lambert delivered; unlike Carrie, he did so while cultivating a multi-dimensional character.

Handed the task of covering pop hits on the show, Lambert was free to update classics, and at liberty to spin the latest Top 40 numbers into his own style. But given his independence and the ability to record and perform his own songs, nothing we've seen so far has given us the "Wow, OMFG" factor.

We even dismissed Lambert's American Music Awards performance as a forgettable musical number. Were it not for the kiss and the crotch thrust, it would've been forgotten about in a day's time. Since the AMAs, he's done the regular television performance circuit, and what's most notable about this string of album promo stops is that none of them have been notable.

No, not every Lambert performance will attract the attention of his AMA saga. And they shouldn't. But whether it's the music or the ensemble or Lambert's live presence, we're just not being wowed like we were as Idol fanboys.

Which isn't to say Lambert has lost his magic. Maybe we're just over-expectant fans.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'snl89' date='Jan 20th 2010, 2:58 AM'

:/

Honestly? How on earth could they claim he's lost his appeal as a SINGER!? Granted If I Had You isn't exactly a super vocal-heavy song- it's more about the fun dancyness of it- but WWFM is incredibly vocally stunning! He hasn't lost a THING vocally.

I think the problem is some people don't get that just because not every song on his album is a super vocal-based song, that doesn't mean he's NOT still an incredible vocalist. It just means that he personally really enjoys pop/dance music as well, and wanted to incorporate that into his album. Just like GaGa is an amazing vocalist as well, but not all of her songs are really designed to show that off- they're designed to be fun, catchy dance songs.

I would feel the same way if Adam had made a PURELY electro/dance album, but he didn't at ALL! Soooo many of the songs show off his incredible voice. FYE and IIHY are probably the two that do so the least, and most of the other ones absolutely do.

And as a performer, I just don't see how they can say he wasn't incredibly engaging on Oprah! To me, he's lost absolutely NOTHING in charisma or vocal prowess. So I do not get what they're going on about.

The only thing I can think is that maybe they've just seen him perform WWFM on various shows so many times that they FEEL like he's losing his magic, even though it's really just because they've seen the same performance so much they've become immune to the fact that it's still very special.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'angelheaven' date='Jan 20th 2010, 6:37 AM'

His reaction on his performance at the AMA's

::haha::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'snl89' date='Jan 20th 2010, 9:53 AM'

So I've been reading some various other message boards, and I couldn't help but notice something:

A couple different people seem to have taken a bit of offense to the fact that Adam wouldn't speak in religious terms when Oprah was asking him about "who he asked" and stuff. I mean it makes sense I suppose that some conservative Christian people would be annoyed with that, but I just found it interesting because I wouldn't have thought of that as being a particularly controversial thing! I mean, I've gone to both Church and Temple plenty of times in my life (my dad is Jewish and my mom is Christian), but my mom also has pretty Agnostic views, so I've always grown up hearing about the Universe and energy and all that too. So to me I actually LOVE that Adam uses those terms, because I'm Agnostic myself and prefer to think of things that way, rather than putting the label "God" on it. I just think calling it "God" can lead to people thinking of whatever higher power is out there as too human-like, and then it starts becoming a competition of "my God is better than your God" when really it's all just energy.

But yeah, it was just interesting to see how some people really didn't like that, and got all "no, GOD is responsible for your success Adam, not the Universe!" and I'm just like... :rolleyes: It's whoever he WANTS it to be that's responsible. Spirituality is spirituality. It's not even like he's Atheist- he does believe in a greater power, he just views it in terms of energy in the Universe rather than God :)

It just wasn't something I was expecting to see people take offense to, but a couple different people did! And I thought it was interesting, seeing how uncomfortable it makes some people simply to see someone NOT speak in religious terms

Return to “2010 E&A”