'MsAdamsEve' date='Dec 22nd 2009, 12:32 AM'

Adam is getting a boost on itunes!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

2009-12-21 The Jay Leno Show - PERFORMANCE

Post by glambertparty »

'Josy' date='Dec 22nd 2009, 12:40 AM'

Great interview and Adam look gorgeous and the band is first class.

People are now try to trend #ipluckingloveadam ::haha::

Earlier I also saw a few dozens of twits saying things like that: Sorry Adam for the bad things I said during AI, I love you now! I think the interview will change a lot of people minds and gain him some new fans outside of the AI bubble. :)
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'loriandjava' date='Dec 22nd 2009, 12:41 AM'

Hi everyone, just got back from Leno! Had a great time, and met a new (to me) adam fan, Ali, who lives super close to me. She was great about going with me to wait for tickets, leaving at 4 in the morning! it was sure worth it, tho. I'm sure you have all the details by now. I heard they cut the Adommy moment short- it was really good and we enjoyed it very much! Squeeed the whole time, and it was longer and better than the one on SYTYCD. i have to go back and read thru the thread, but will keep checking back if there are any questions. Oh one thing, Leno usually gives out real tickets, lots of them, but because of Adam, they only gave out 6 real tickets and the rest got standby. I don't think even all the real tickets got in, and none of the standbys got in. We were so lucky to be second and third in line at 5 am!!!

Plus, we got to go over to Paramount Studios (site of the New Years Eve Gridlock event) and got to drive on the lot. we got a personalized tour of the lot, and were shown where the stage was going to be, where the tables and VIP tent are going to be, and the RED CARPET- didn't think there was going to be a red carpet!!!!! I'll post more about that in the NYE thread.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'loriandjava' date='Dec 22nd 2009, 1:51 AM'

Yeah, we think Tommy smiled as he waved at us. Little hard to tell, but he was happy to see fans. Didn't stop tho! I saw that person who tweeted about Adam, she had her twitter name on her shirt- another person trying to make a career out of blogging about Adam, I think. Seems we have a few of them here tonight.

I saw Adam's mom take her seat. She was with a tall black man that we saw with Danielle at Chelsea. Hollygo thought he was from the Zodiac Show- not in any way a love interest. Didn't see anyone else with her. I think that tweet was wrong or mistaken. I don't think Adam would take a date to Leno!

OMG- just watched Leno out here- you can totally here us squee over the Adommy moment. We were the only ones totally into that!!!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'arealdeal' date='Dec 22nd 2009, 10:56 AM'

I think that this was a pivotal interview and performance . He was cute, humble, down to earth, and sexy all rolled into one neat Adam package. I imagine the general public who didn't follow idol, and only saw or heard 2nd hand about the AMA's thought, here is another out of control, full of himself rock singer.

With every interview and tv performance, that image is being chipped away at. The plus side is that those of us who really liked the ballsey AMA performance, know that is just another side of Adam that we will hopefully see on tour. (Adommy? please ::wub:: )

Leno has a lot of main stream older viewers, this was a huge shot in the arm for his career for them to see what a great person he really is. Performing the song is vital, but the interviews come a close second, it is his one way to win over "shocked" and homophobic general public. I can not imagine how anyone wouldn't fall under his spell after watching that interview ::sorcerer::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'AniMaL' date='Dec 22nd 2009, 12:16 PM'

EST~
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Dec 22nd 2009, 12:27 PM'

http://www.afterelton.com/blog/snicks/adam-leno
Adam Lambert Brings His Mega-Charm to "The Jay Leno Show"

God he is so Gorgeous ::wub::

I have a confession to make — I'm not quite as enamored with Adam Lambert as everyone else is. Don't get me wrong, I think he's talented, and charming, and oozes star appeal, and he's a huge step forward in gay visibility. I just think that when he sings, he occasionally sounds like ... Captain Cavemaaaaan.

he sound like who ?!

But there's no denying that the guy is becoming an expert cog in the media machine. He's always smart, sharp, and quip-ready.

That was especially true last night when he made a stop at The Jay Leno Show and was effortlessly charming and irresistible. Shockingly, Jay was too, and didn't say a single thing that was cringe-worthy!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'snl89' date='Dec 22nd 2009, 1:53 PM'

negativeneil : Everything @adamlambert said on TV was true, especially about knowing a lot of things (and making sure everyone can tell).
about 8 hours ago from web

::haha:: ::haha:: ::haha::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Dec 22nd 2009, 3:56 PM'

RockStar Weekly loves BB ::wub::

http://www.rockstarweekly.com/content/view/1337/149/

Adam Lambert Has Heart-To-Heart With Jay Leno (Article +videos)

Glam rocker Adam Lambert was a special guest on The Jay Leno Show last night (Dec. 21). The American Idol Season 8 Runner-Up had a good chat with the lively talk show host and also performed the new single Whataya Want From Me from his debut CD For Your Entertainment. In the interview, Lambert said his parents are supportive of his career and of his choices. He also cleared up a few Internet rumors that were circulating.

"I haven't started a makeup line. I might, but I haven't yet," he said. "My father was rumored to be mortified by what I did [at the 'American Music Awards'] and that we're not speaking. That's a rumor. ... I think Bill O'Reilly perpetuated that. Lovely man. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. [My dad and I] were laughing about it ... so that was a rumor."

Lambert revealed that one of his early jobs included a stint at Starbucks: "I worked at Starbucks when I was 16. ... It was all right. I liked meeting new people. I used to come home and I stunk of coffee beans and it was awful."

Lambert and his band ended off with a strong rendition of Whataya Want From Me, although not as glamorous as his So You Think You Can Dance performance, it was heartfelt and showed off his powerful voice. The Jay Leno Show stage was a lot smaller than the SYTYCD stage and provided less room to move around. Even veteran performers like Prince and Garth Brooks have had difficulty with the size restrictions of the talk show stages.

yes indeed ::huggy::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Dec 22nd 2009, 4:09 PM'

http://ontheflix.com/2009/12/22/adam-lambe...eno-last-night/

Adam Lambert Rocked ‘Whataya Want from Me’ On Jay Leno Last Night

Image Adam Lambert rocked ‘Whataya Want From Me’ on Jay Leno last night. Last night, Jay Leno brought recent, controversial Adam Lambert onto the show for an interview. Then, later on,he performed his new song entitled, “Whataya Want From Me.”

He started off by singing the chorus, “Whataya Want From Me” with that great voice of his. Then, he immediately started to get more into it. He also sang with a lot of passion,and made good eye contact with the camera.

As the song continued,he started singing with more authority and intensity. He concluded his performance by hitting a series of strong high notes. It was entertaining as usual. The crowd loved it. Checkout his performance,below.
i love it ::huggy:: i'm so proud of you BB ::wub::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Dec 22nd 2009, 4:21 PM'

HQ Vid of Adam Lambert Interview with Jay Leno from the main site

http://thejaylenoshow.com/video/clips/adam...-rumors/1187844
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'jacci' date='Dec 22nd 2009, 7:53 PM'

more commentary on last night's audience bonanza :)
The article also does comparisons in audience breakdown of The Jay Leno Show versus the late-night shows.

http://www.rbr.com/tv-cable/tv-cable_ratings/19503.html

From 10-11 p.m. ET, “The Jay Leno Show” averaged a 1.6/4 in adults 18-49, a 2.0/5 in adults 25-54 and 5.8 million viewers overall. The time-period competition included CBS’s “CSI: Miami” encore and ABC’s “Castle” encore. In the time period, "The Jay Leno Show" is #2 among the major networks in adults 18-49, total viewers and most other key ratings categories and tied for #1 among men 18-34.

This marks the eighth consecutive telecast of “The Jay Leno Show” to out-deliver a competing broadcast network drama in adults 18-49, adults 25-54 and total viewers, dating back to a win over ABC’s “Private Practice” encore on December 10, followed by finishes ahead of CBS’s “Numb3rs” rebroadcast on December 11, ABC’s “Castle” encore on December 14, ABC’s December 15 rebroadcast of “The Forgotten,” ABC’s original “Eastwick” on December 16, ABC’s “Private Practice” encore on December 17 CBS's December 18 encore of “Numb3rs” and this December 21 rebroadcast of ABC's "Castle."

Last night's "Jay Leno" delivered the show's highest Monday 18-49 rating in 10 weeks (since October 12). In adults 25-54, it's the top Monday "Jay Leno" in 12 weeks (since September 28).

In total viewers, this is the top-scoring Monday "Jay Leno Show" in 14 weeks (since the show's debut telecast on September 14, pending updates).

Versus the prior Monday, "The Jay Leno Show" is up 7 percent in adults 18-49 (1.6 vs. 1.5), up 18 percent in adults 25-54 (2.0 vs. 1.7) and up 23 percent in total viewers (5.8 million vs. 4.8 million). This is the third Monday in a row that "Jay Leno" has delivered week-to-week gains in 18-49 and total viewers.

Comparisons with Jay Leno's 2008-09 averages at 11:35 p.m. ET on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” are: in adults 18-49 (1.6 vs. 1.4), adults 25-54 (12.0 vs. 1.8) and total viewers (5.8 million vs. 5.1 million). Comparisons with NBC’s Monday-through-Friday 10-11 p.m. ET non-sports averages over the 52 weeks prior to Jay's debut are: in adults 18-49 (1.6 vs. 2.2), adults 25-54 (2.0 vs. 2.7) and total viewers (5.8 million vs. 6.9 million).
In Late-Night Local People Meters Monday night:
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'lifesabeach' date='Dec 28th 2009, 3:14 AM'

Had friends over tonight for dinner. One of the hubbies starts discussing late night TV and brings up this episode of Leno. He said, "and Adam Lambert was the guest, here I thought he was this awful, disgusting person - and he turns out to be this really nice guy. Just super nice". My hubby says, "what, from that one AMA performance?" Other hubby says, "yeah, I thought he must be this awful, hideous person, but he's just really nice".

I didn't even say anything. He did ask me if I bought his album and I said yes. He also asked if I liked the music on it, I said yes. He asked what they were like and I told him about how Adam worked with different artists and producers and put together some really good music.

So this appearnace really worked. It showed that Adam isn't that hedonistic monster, which apparently some people have had that impression, people who didn't watch Idol and have tendencies toward conservatism, which this guy does...

Interesting.

Return to “2009 E&A”