2009-12-14 Tonight Show with Conan O' Brien - PERFORMANCE

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'loriandjava' date='Dec 14th 2009, 11:30 PM'

Now, let me tell you how great Adam fans are. I got there first in line for standby tix. Two teen girls came next, then a guy who was getting tix for he and his girlfriend. Alalal came at about number 5. Then some people we didn't know. Then Rachel and Ashley that we know from Cassidy. We spent three hours talking nonstop. When they handed out the tix, I took 2, Alalal took 2, and our friends took 1 each. I gave Alalal my #2, she gave her #5 & #6 to Ashley and rachel, and they gave theirs to her to offer to IDF'er. No one else could use them tho. So while we were waiting for all the ticketholders to go in, we met yet another Adam fan who had #28, and was afraid she wouldn't get in. so Alalal gave her our extra #10. sure enough, they cut off the standbys at #20. She wouldn't have gotten in without us. but when we went in to be seated, they were waiting to sit a party of three in the second row. i f she hadn't been with us, we would have been in the nosebleeds. We got better seats than people who had tickets, and people who went in before us! Good karma!!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'loriandjava' date='Dec 14th 2009, 11:35 PM'

Oh yeah, Monte had a very sparkly guitar! I didn't look at him that much! ::ninja::

Adam sounded wonderful! Just beautiful. I think people did enjoy the performance. He will win them over. Is it on the live stream now? Must watch and listen for my screaming for any mention of BB.

Plus for me, I was ten feet from Max Weinberg, the drummer. As a old Bruce Springsteen fan- I love him. Ihope Longineu got to meet him!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'MsAdamsEve' date='Dec 15th 2009, 12:06 AM'

OMG Adam pics from conan
http://img692.yfrog.com/i/ap091114180697.jpg/

http://img64.yfrog.com/gal.php?g=ap091114180630r.jpg
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'GlamTard' date='Dec 15th 2009, 12:33 AM'

Is it just me or did it seem they stepped the tempo up a bit on that version...? I thought it was grrrrreat! :)
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'cLaYcRaZy919' date='Dec 15th 2009, 12:34 AM'

1) LOVED the pants!
2) Awww :lmao: at the denied handshake
3) I LOVED the way he changed up the song. He sounded amazinggg. <3
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'drowsybrowser' date='Dec 15th 2009, 1:29 AM'

RE: Perfect Pitch. This is something that American Idol (cough Randy Jackson) keeps saying incorrectly. A performance can be PITCH PERFECT, meaning that all the notes were exaclty on pitch. For example, this Conan performance was basically pitch perfect.

Having PERFECT PITCH is different. It means you have a perfect ear for pitch. Meaning I can ask you to sing a B and you sing a B. With no help. It means you can sing a song in the EXACT key in which you first heard it. Or whatever key you want, with full knowledge.
At the jingle ball, Adam probably did NOT go backstage and hit the first note of WWFM before he went on (did he even know they were going to ask him to sing?), so they said "GO", and he, without thinking, started on the same pitch that the song was written in. Not a half step lower or higher. EXACTLY the same as the recording. He has perfect pitch.

Again, try the Since U Been Gone thing, and go look it up on YouTube, and see how wrong you were. Lol. (I'm getting close though! I'm usually within a couple of steps.)

As for autotune on FYE, I hear very little. But they DID manipulate it, mostly for tone, not pitch. That's why bits of it sounds....less like him than other bits. Broken Open has basically none. TFM has minimal. FYE has ALOT, probably to make him sound more "edgy". And its unnecessary. His voice isn't naturally edgy, he adds a growl into it to sound more "pop" and less musical theatre. The rock enthusiasts who complain that Adam isn't a rock singer- they're technically correct, but Adam's done a hell of a job finding the rock edge in his voice! It's an impossible fight, trying to sound like a rock singer without DESTROYING your vocal chords. Adam is a vocal chameleon. He's listened to a lot of styles of music and has years of experience singing whatever the hell he wants.

As an MT, you're asked at many auditions for an uptempo and a ballad, in two different styles. In your rep book, you're expected to have a pop song, a rock song, a contemporary MT song, a classic MT song, a kid-friendly song, a standard, a song in a different language (usually Italian), and others depending on your type. Adam is brilliant because he's mastered almost all of them. Hell, he even got gospel with Change is Gonna Come. So yes, his own vocal manipulation is responsible for the different sounds.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Adamized' date='Dec 15th 2009, 1:31 AM'

Shiny pants= :P

BB looked amazing. Monte's guitar is awesome. The stage looked great. Love these guys together. Oh, and Adam souned perfect.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'*lambchop*' date='Dec 15th 2009, 12:58 PM'

Ditto! ::haha::

I got an email from a friend last night who watched last night and that was the first time she had heard WWFM - she loved it! She was sort of Adam-neutral during AI (liked some of his performances but hated RoF, for example), and she was iffy after the AMAs (not because of his actions, but vocally & the song itself), so it was really nice for me to hear how much she liked it. :D
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Dec 15th 2009, 1:03 PM'

HQ version ::woot:: ::spaz::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Dec 15th 2009, 1:58 PM'

http://www.examiner.com/x-21681-Anaheim-Ce...rocks-the-stage
awwwww BB ::wub:: Luv him ::huggy::

Adam Lambert on 'The Tonight Show' with Conan O'Brien: American Idol contestant rocks the stage
December 15, 2009 -- Adam Lambert appeared on the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien show last night (Monday December 14). Singing his current single, Whataya Want from Me, the rocker really got the party started. After the performance -- which didn't cause any out-of-context craziness -- the talk show audience was screaming and yelling, very excited to have experienced such high energy entertainment.

Posting a note reminding fans of his national television appearance tonight, Adam Lambert appeared excited that he was back on stage at the big studios, performing for a massive -- and obviously appreciative -- audience.

The showman said on Twitter.com:

"I'm going to be on Conan O'Brien tonight!! Check out me and the band doing "Whataya Want from Me"!

Adam Lambert isn't the only person excited to see himself on television. So are the entertainer's zillions of fans, especially those who reside in Southern California.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'GlamLamb' date='Dec 15th 2009, 8:56 PM'

Just my 2 cents re: Adam on Conan ...

I know that we all say this each time we watch and listen to Adam sing WWFM live, but THIS. IS. THE. BEST. VERSION. SO FAR!!

I loved the way he changed it up and those changes weren't subtle for me ... they were very noticeable. God Love BB for getting bored with the 'same old, same old' and needing/wanting to change it up ... that resonates with me the most because I relate to that ennui completely. His voice just gets better and better and his performances just increase in their depth, meaning, passion, animation.

He was sheer perfection for me last night ... I dosed off when Conan started because I knew Adam would be in the pimp spot ... luckily I woke up in plenty of time to see BB 'live on tape'. After he sang, I was so emotionally wound up that I couldn't sleep so I surfed TVLand until I fianlly fell asleep again.

Thanks to everyone for the links to the HQ vid and the MP3 from last night ... all added treasures to my Lambert Treasure Trove of Pure Enjoyment & Love.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'ariel.riann' date='Dec 15th 2009, 11:05 PM'

Okay so Adam adventure #98374892 began Sunday when I realized Conan had a standby line. Cause with the holiday in full swing at Macy's I have like no life and know nothing about what's going on, lol! Sooo me and a few friends decided to do the standby thing and we decided to get there early, since you can never beeee tooo safe. We got there at 730ish, later than we hoped but in the end it really didn't matter, since there were far lesss people there than we thought! Sooo we stood, ate some breakfast and stood some more, than they finally let us sit... and number where handed out at 10ish! We were number's 11, 12, 13 and 16... none to shabby and we had high hopes! We had a few hours to venture and we decided to taked this lovely South African Adam fan we met on Adam excursion in Hollywood! We rode the metro and took her to the the Pantages and a couple of the venues that he performed at... 'twas fun! Then afterward we went shopping <3 Getting back to the Conan gate at 3 we were trying to maintain high hopes and in the end they all paid off! Not much excitment would happen after that for a while... more waitin', security check, getting into the perfect seats we had and a little more waitin'. 'Twas in this waitin' period that I realized it still hasn't hit me... It still hasn't set in that this boy I loved for years is now this mega superstar... Don't think it will ever really hit me but I couldn't be more proud and happy for him. From day one I thought he was tooo good to just be that guy in the ensemble and now he is fianlly going somewhere wonderful <3

...anywayssss SHOWTIME! I was quite excited for it... well not really the Tom Arnold part, but I was hoping he would surpise me and well he did, just not in the good way! So yeah, he is very strange and i think he may have ADD?! Maybe? I did like his hope shirt and the ongoing Govenator thing made me laugh. Needless to sy he was amusing, just not in the right, normal, funny way... does that even make sense?! Cheryl Hines, I've liked for quite some time so it was a wonderful treat to see her, and she just directed her first movie which looks SOOO good! I wanna see it, haha!

OKAY... his time was here! Yayyy... Gorgeous, gorgeous sound! Raw emotion and new riffs where the icing on the cake. Also my first time seeing Adam perform with his band and ahhhhh! I LOVE THEM! I must say has a straight girl, Lisa is really hotttt and I want her fashion sense! Tommy was also not as tiny as I thought he looked in pictures, he's cuteee <3 Sooo, there was no interview, which made me knida sad, but not surprised since I wasn't expecting one anyway. But, he was onstage while Conan did all of his exiting goodbyes and after the show taping was over Adam, Cheryl and Tom all filmed three promos, for the show (which was cool to seee). It was also lovely to seeee some Adam/Conan interaction and I loved the fact they may have been talking about shoes, since was showing/pointing to his snake skin boots, LOVE THEM! When everything was over and he was walking off stage, it was lovely tooo see him just looking into the audience <3 and some lady shoved me (LITERALLY!) into the aisle, what for? I have no idea and if she did for attention... well she FAILED, since the only that happened was that she was told to sit down, haha! But ouchy for me =(

WONDERFUL NIGHT! Bring on LENO!

Because I love to act like the typical American tourist in Hollywood!

Return to “2009 E&A”