2009-12-01 The Ellen DeGeneris Show - PERFORMANCE

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Adamized' date='Dec 1st 2009, 11:08 PM'

So glad Ellen reached out to Adam and asked him to be on her show. Have always loved Ellen, her smile and attitude are just contagious. She always seem so happy and content. This was the perfect venue for Adam to say what he needed to. Ellen was soooo supportive, and I'm sure it helped Adam personally and professionally. They will be great friends.

On to the important stuff: Adam looked and sounded beautiful. His voice is such an amazing gift. Wish I could have him on my tv every day. Also, want him back on Ellen again soon. I feel like I got cheated, because I didn't get to see him dance to the couch, and didn't get to see FUN interaction between the two of them. This MUST happen soon.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Fier_E09' date='Dec 1st 2009, 11:51 PM'

adamlambert

@TheEllenShow thank you again for giving me so much warmth and support yesterday. It was sooo great to finally meet you.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'adamwench' date='Dec 2nd 2009, 12:36 AM'

Adam and Ellen together was one of the most beautiful, touching things I've ever seen. They have so much mutual respect and admiration for each other.

Ellen really "went to bat" for Adam. You could tell everything she said was coming from her heart. There was absolutely NOTHING more she could have said or done to show her 100% support for him. She respects him, recognizes and is in awe of his incredible talent, knows what a nice person he is and she thinks he's smart.

And, I also think she's a little bit concerned for him. I'm thinking of her saying, "I hope this doesn't hurt you because ..." Ellen's been where Adam is right now. She's faced the discrimination and criticism; and, for a very long time, she probably thought her career was over. But, thank God, she got a second chance and she sure made the most of that opportunity. After hitting bottom, look at her now!! But ... she probably realizes tha part of the reason she got that 2nd chance was because she was already once an established star with a huge fan base. She might fear that, where Adam is just getting started, he hasn't had the chance to get as firmly established as she was ... and might not get the 2nd chance if this AMA thing hurts him too much right now.

In any case, there cannot be a doubt in anyone's mind that Ellen wants people to move beyond whatever hangups they have over the AMAs and give Adam the chance he so deserves. That prolonged hug at the end of his song was SO emotional for both of them. Just beautiful.

And, speaking of beautiful, I agree with those who said that Adam has never sung better and, OMG, he looked just STUNNING. ::wub::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CiaoBella' date='Dec 2nd 2009, 12:54 AM'

walked out to FYE. waved. hugged and kissed ellen. crowd sounded like they were going crazy!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'judesmum' date='Dec 2nd 2009, 12:56 AM'

Perez sez...

http://perezhilton.com/2009-12-01-adam-lam...s-again#respond

Adam Lambert Sort Of Apologizes Again
Filed under: Gay Gay Gay > Ellen DeGeneres > Adam Lambert
Adam Lambert appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and discussed his performance at the American Music Awards.

The budding superstar expressed a hint of regret saying:

"I forgot that this was the first time people were seeing me on TV again after Idol…I think in hindsight, I look back on it and I go, 'Okay, maybe that wasn't the best first impression to make again or the first second impression.'"

Ellen also made a great point by stating if you're going to be offended by a sexual performance, you should be offended by ALL sexual performances.

Watch Glambert's insightful interview with Ellen above!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Kakeit' date='Dec 2nd 2009, 1:09 PM'

I think Adam looked relieved and relaxed on Ellen's show. First, he had an interviewer who was definitely in his corner. Secondly, he felt comfortable enough to offer a few words of regrets for his AMA performance. She offered a little soft tough-love--like she would for an errant son--that she hoped the performance would do no harm and that if some thought he used a little bad judgment it would be viewed only as one performance.

I think she showed him love and respect and support -- exactly what he needed. She would have been a great Mom!

Adam sang beautifully and had a huge smile on his face after the song. Quite a contrast from his appearance on AMA. His re-focus on the music is just what the doctor ordered. WWFM has all the elements of a hit.

I think he'll be fine. The AMA performance will be just a little blip on the way to super stardom. :)
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'turtle617' date='Dec 3rd 2009, 12:57 PM'

Just watched Ellen this morning and she said that when Adam was there, they asked him to record the song to help kick off the 12 Days of Christmas. Then she played it - it's about a 40 second clip - He sounds good. She called it amazing. Sorry that I don't know how to get that clip from my DVR to here but I'm sure someone will have it on yt. Or I guess if you watch her show, and you can hear it 12 times...

Return to “2009 E&A”