'joooory' date='Nov 30th 2009, 7:21 PM'

::haha:: imitating BB ::wub::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

2009-12-01 The Ellen DeGeneris Show - PERFORMANCE

Post by glambertparty »

'topazholly90' date='Nov 30th 2009, 7:27 PM'

Adam is not on yet. But the cam is really slow right now. It froze for a while for me. Must be us crashing it ::haha::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'PillowLips' date='Nov 30th 2009, 7:29 PM'

hair down
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Vortex' date='Nov 30th 2009, 7:30 PM'

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'ohiogal' date='Nov 30th 2009, 7:31 PM'

Adam's on!

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'loriandjava' date='Nov 30th 2009, 7:34 PM'

They don't seem to be showing clips of the AMAs or anything- I guess that's a good thing. They are having quite an earnest talk, tho.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'topazholly90' date='Nov 30th 2009, 7:36 PM'

Legs crossed over, smiling.

The cam froze again.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'ohiogal' date='Nov 30th 2009, 7:37 PM'

Shot of the audience, adoring Adam:

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'loriandjava' date='Nov 30th 2009, 7:39 PM'

She's standing talking to Adam in the performance area, I think.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Fier_E09' date='Nov 30th 2009, 7:40 PM'

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Nov 30th 2009, 7:54 PM'

is this Glitterybaby with the guitar

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'PillowLips' date='Nov 30th 2009, 8:13 PM'

Monterrific That felt like a good performance! Don't miss Ellen tomorrow!
less than a minute ago from TwitterBerry

Reply Retweet TommyJoeRatliff Just got off the stage... The ellen show went great!! :) it airs tomorrow :D
1 minute ago from UberTwitter
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'alalal' date='Nov 30th 2009, 8:38 PM'

Hey guys, Libracats and I didn't get in. :'( But we tried. :D We literally stood on the sidewalk for 3 hours. The security wouldn't even let us sit inside the parking structure because it was "private" property. We even went to the door of the studio and begged the security guy. He closed the door on us. :(

Lori, thank you sooooooo much for contacting Entermediamusic for us. Too bad she didn't make it. It was all good though. I heard WWFM on KISSFM in LA on the way home, so not all is lost. :P

ETA: And oh, we saw Tommy boy, we chased him down a little and Libracats got a five second vid of him. Haha, the security person kicked us out right away.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'indybeck71' date='Nov 30th 2009, 10:32 PM'

Found this on Planet Fierce:

<<from a fan who attended the Ellen taping
@OutlandoGirl

Surprisingly, the interview was more serious than funny. Nothing really new. Ellen was all about "why was Adam's perf ...
1 minute ago from txt

Amy says he was wearing a black jacket. I recall brown. Clearly, we would be useless as crime witnesses.
3 minutes ago from txt

Adam said that some people felt disrespected by him at AMAs and that was never his intent.
5 minutes ago from txt

Ellen told Adam he was gorgeous (don't recall if that's exact word) in person.
6 minutes ago from txt

The shirtless santa musical chairs took way too long!! Coulda had more adam!! My mouth hurts from fake smiling.
23 minutes ago from txt

We are going to dinner. I will Tweet anything else I think of.
25 minutes ago from txt

But they might cut it in for TV.
27 minutes ago from txt

Tommy in black. Didn't look at the rest. I'm tired of the AMA discussion. Move on, ppl. They did not show AMA footage in studio.
27 minutes ago from txt

For those who care. Lol. I was all about adam. Oh, his mom and some family (?) In aud. 3rd row, side closest to the music stage.
29 minutes ago from txt

The vic secret model was funnier than I thought she'd be. Gifts = FYE, night at the museum 2 dvd and $100 at Pier one.
30 minutes ago from txt

Oh, we also got a wave from him. It was def to us. Not just saying that like everyone does. Lol.
32 minutes ago from txt

We we right in front of him for the interview, far away for the song (other side of the stage) but I had a good view.
33 minutes ago from txt

He didn't apologize, but he came the closest to it that I've heard.
34 minutes ago from txt

Looked kinda like the RoF jacket.
34 minutes ago from txt

Emo hair. Leather jacket, kind of yellowish brown, I think. My mind is blank.
35 minutes ago from txt

Not a lot of Adam fans in crowd, but they liked the song. He looked great!! Snake boots, skinny tie.
36 minutes ago from txt

Interview was mostly about AMAs! Get over it people. WWFM sounded great in studio.
36 minutes ago from txt

Uh yeah, when adam says "I see some familiar faces" that's to me and amy. We were right in front of him for the long interview.
37 minutes ago from txt
>>
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'GlitzGlam' date='Nov 30th 2009, 10:36 PM'

Sorry if this has already been posted, from Eonline:

Adam Lambert: Maybe AMAs Performance "Wasn't the Best First Impression"

Adam Lambert has been having second thoughts.

After initially writing off his erotically charged appearance at the 2009 American Music Awards as envelope-pushing showmanship, the singer is now wondering whether his performance was more for his entertainment than for yours.

"It was maybe a little too far," the 27-year-old artist admitted during a sit-down with The Ellen DeGeneres Show that airs Tuesday.

"I think in hindsight I look back on it and I go, 'OK, maybe that wasn't the best first impression to make again, the first second impression.' I mean, I had fun up there, I had a good time, my dancers had fun and the band had fun.

"I respect people and feel like people walked away from that feeling disrespected. I would never intend to disrespect anybody. So that was not my intention."

But count DeGeneres among those who believes there's a double standard on TV when it comes to male vs. female sexuality.

"My whole thing is I feel like if you're offended by a show of sexuality on stage, then you should be offended by all shows of sexuality. It should be all forms," the incoming American Idol judge said.

"I think, too, people aren't used to seeing gay man portrayed that way on TV," Lambert agreed. "The gay male image in the media tends to be very clique and safe...I was putting on a character, putting on a persona being this kind of rock star, kind of dangerous kind of guy.

"After seeing one of my favorites, Lady Gaga, tear it apart on stage...She was incredible. I don't know, something came over me and got caught up in the moment and maybe went a little too far."

And perhaps the folks at home just weren't ready to see Adam Lambert's poker face.

Lambert's dad suggested that an apology might be in order, the singer said. But he ultimately disagreed with his pops.

"I was like, 'You know, Dad, I don't feel like I did anything wrong.' It just wasn't maybe the right judgement call. It's a taste thing more than an obscenity thing. I think it's just a taste level."

And he was, in fact, bummed about Good Morning America canceling his scheduled appearance three days after the AMAs.

"I think ABC was a little bit mad at me," Lambert said.

"I don't blame them. I got carried away...They gave me a great opportunity to close the AMAs and I would never want to smack that gift horse in the mouth. I think they were taking a leap of faith having me do that and it unfortunately it didn't work out as we all thought it would."

Hence the "new direction" he's going in, starting with his performance of "Whataya Want From Me" on Ellen.

"Ellen:airing 2m.Singing 'whatya want from me'!," the singer tweeted today. "AMA performance was a one time event. Goin in a new direction now. Focus back on the music...Don't worry friends: I'm still gonna be me. Always. W/o appologies. Just gonna experiment differently w how I present myself...I'm learning. :)"

OK, we think the poor guy has humbled himself enough. On with the show!
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b155821_ad...erformance.html
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Fier_E09' date='Nov 30th 2009, 10:49 PM'

He looks soo Happy ::wub::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Alysa' date='Nov 30th 2009, 10:54 PM'

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Omg, I feel so bad for him. That Eonline article got me emotional. :'( Adam is right for not apologizing. Why are people stomping on his pride like this, trying to beat his wild side out of him. Screw them all, that's who Adam is. He should always be unapologetically himself, and if that means being sexual onstage, then whatever! It's his thing. It's also how a lot of other artists express themselves. Give him a break. ABC sucks so bad. I don't think Adam should feel bad. I don't think his performance was wrong at all. It's true that he can focus more on the vocals, but it's all a balance. I'm sure he can find a way to sound good but to still be sexual, just like he did on the Idol tour. There's no need for an apology, and there's no need to explore other directions.
There's only one way to go, and it's to continue being the wild performer that he is.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'glitterynfierce' date='Nov 30th 2009, 11:11 PM'

This sucks...I was hoping for a lighthearted discussion but this became all so serious and sad. :'( I don't like seeing Adam doubt himself, but he's only human. I really wish they would move on and start talking about his music instead. I've had enough of the AMA discussion.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'fangurl1964' date='Nov 30th 2009, 11:47 PM'

I just read this article, and my first thought was that Adam's been talking to his parents, and perhaps they have given him a few things to think about. As parents, that is what we do.

For him to say that people felt disrespected....that had to come from somewhere; either his family counseling him, or other people, who knows? And in the wake of this, ABC is changing their ENTIRE policy about how they will handle live performances, including stipulated contracts in the future. That is not small potatoes, no matter what any of us think. It is a huge reaction by ABC.

Adam has to be feeling this, and part of that is questioning what your original thought process was. I found him to be very humble in this article - and I will admit, I have mixed feelings here. I don't think he deserves this weight on his shoulders, but it is what it is.

Having said all of that, objectively, I suspect it is part him, and part externally influenced damage control, but in truth, none of us will ever really know. His earlier tweets could have been in response to previous fan tweets (as I thought), or it could have been a strategy to prepare us for the Ellen interview where he radically changes his position. He knows his fans are polarized on this issue. On the one hand, he could have been softening the blow to the fans who believe he should never apologize, and on the other, conveying humility to the ones who are very angry/upset/whatever. In retrospect, it seems a bit coincidental that he sends those tweets, then offers the same message on Ellen. Those are my objective thoughts only. My heartfelt thoughts are that he is torn, and trying to do what seems best all the way around.

But I do have to say this: as fans, there is an awful lot of trouncing going on here, laced with what feels to me like disappointment in him not acting the way any one person thinks he should. Perhaps we should just let Adam make those calls, and stop getting upset because he seemingly changes stories or backs down when we think he shouldn't. If we love Adam, we should be walking by his side on this rocky road, no more, no less.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'KittyKay' date='Dec 1st 2009, 12:01 AM'

My daughter (13) gave me a new perspective tonight. She had not seen the performance because 11 was past her bedtime on a school night. She had seen pictures on the internet of the kiss and heard about the contoversy and asked if I would show her the video. I showed her the Jim Cantinello version of him talking through the performance. She was offended by nothing. She thought he sounded good through most of the performance (She hasn't listened to the song more than once or twice). She thought it shook him up when he fell and he was trying to "save" the performance. She also asked at the end where was the kiss of the guy. "I only see him kiss the girl" She said. LOL The only other comment she made is he didn't need all of that choreography because he can actually sing.

ABC is letting Adam take all of the blame when the performance was meant to be edgy. That is why they signed him. The E article made me cry for him. He has worked all of his life for this opportunity. Can we as his fans just love and support him without being so negative about every move he makes. He is only 27 and still trying to figure this all out.

Return to “2009 E&A”