2009-11-25 CBS Early Morning Show - PERFORMANCE

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CastroFan4Life' date='Nov 25th 2009, 9:14 AM'

WOW!!!! Just WOW!!!! It was "The Adam Lambert Show"!!!! They had him on constantly for 2 hours! ::haha::

That could not have gone better....Adam interviewed, Adam interacting with fans, Adam singing...they even had Mombert on talking about her baby!!!!
They kept talking about how HUGE the crowd was for him ("You can hear the screaming blocks away", "We should have Adam Lambert on every day for the next 5 years") and how there were people there from all over the world just to see him and how DIVERSE the crowd was ("all ages, races, shapes & sizes"). The female host apparently dressed up as Adam for Halloween and they showed a clip of that (she called it "on ode from a fan") and the male host was bopping to the music and compared the controversy surrounding Adam now to Elvis (complete with an Elvis picture which is ironic because BB even looks like Elvis!)

Adam was BEAMING when he was outside with the huge crowd...looking around at all the people/signs, etc. and absolutely beaming!

And the performances.......AWESOME!!!!! He sounded incredible, looked adorable, showed tons of personality!

I was blown away by it all. They treated him like an absolute Superstar and he looked and acted every bit the part....in his sweet, funny Adam way. Yay!!!!!!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Silvia' date='Nov 25th 2009, 9:26 AM'

EAT SH!T ABC! ::haha::
I just love how out of their cowardice and ugly hypocrisy, Adam ended up benefiting even more! He got a TWO hour show :roll:

The irony with Lamb never ends!

I swear, he has Karma working for him overtime.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Nadskerd' date='Nov 25th 2009, 9:46 AM'

TommyJoeRatliff

The Early Show was a blast! Were heading back to LA now.. Can't wait to come back to NY! The Letterman performance airs tonight! 3 minutes ago from UberTwitter
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Little Bee' date='Nov 25th 2009, 10:03 AM'

ReneeIdolPI A signed CD, a hug and he said he remembers me. Mission accomplished!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'aliceinwildland' date='Nov 25th 2009, 10:22 AM'

thank You so much ::huggy::

CBS YOUTUBE OFFICIAL CHANNEL
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'GlamTard' date='Nov 25th 2009, 10:26 AM'

@AimeeMayo

Adam was unfreakingbelievable this morning on the early show. People flew in from Japan, Pakistan to see him. He looked gorgeous too!!!!!!!
5 minutes ago from Tweeterena

I wonder if the people that flew in from all over the world to see the ABC concert THEY CANCELED went to ABC network freaking out? I would
2 minutes ago from Tweeterena
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'grammamia' date='Nov 25th 2009, 10:41 AM'

Just saw his interview..He was great! Loved that he explained not all of his songs are like the AMA perf and about the time of night the performance was on..absolutely right about parents being responsible for their kids watching TV at 11pm!
Not apologizing for being gay and male..a double whammy as he said!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Silvia' date='Nov 25th 2009, 11:00 AM'

JFC!! All this "Will somebody think of the children" is PATHETIC! Are all performers now expected to perform for kids and become artists that are "kids friendly" first and foremost??? Parents have to be responsible and decide what their kids see and only they are responsible. Do those parents prevent those same kids from watching Miley? Britney? The rest of them?

I hate it that he even has to explain himself or sound apologetic because even though he doesn't really apologize he still somehow does by having to explain that "he's not all about that", he didn't mean to offend anyone, blah, blah.

The double standard is so obvious it screams! He is so right. It's all because he's a gay man. :|
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Fier_E09' date='Nov 25th 2009, 11:07 AM'

adamlambert

Thank you to everyone who waited in the cold so early this morning for my CBS Early Show performance! Your support is so important to me.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'istersay' date='Nov 25th 2009, 12:04 PM'

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&c...ly-show-amas%2F
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'snl89' date='Nov 25th 2009, 1:26 PM'

SO FREAKING GOOD ::wub:: ::wub:: ::wub:: ALL of it <3 klsfjaklsjfd Music Again was perfectionnn!
Can I just say, though, interview wise: I am sooooo sick of people pulling the whole "zomg what about all the little kids" bs. Okay, I could understand if all the other performers had put on more tame, kid-friendly shows and then Adam came out and did what he did. THAT I would willingly admit "okay, most people couldn't have been prepared for that". But the fact is that the entire freaking show was racy. STOP blaming it on Adam!! Parents should have known FULL well from the very start of the show that a lot of the performances weren't going to be appropriate for kids. So if they honestly thought it was a good idea to let their kids stay up till 11:00 and watch a performance from an artist they KNOW is more mature, on an awards show that was ALREADY super sexual, then the fault is ENTIRELY THEIRS. Adam's right- he's not a babysitter. It's NOT his responsibility to be monitoring what kids do and do not see. Parents need to wake up and start taking responsibility for their OWN poor judgements
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'HollyinCa' date='Nov 25th 2009, 1:34 PM'

Yep. Obviously there are 5 million articles being written about his appearance this morning but I like this one.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracke...early-show.html
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'judesmum' date='Nov 25th 2009, 3:04 PM'

Of course he'll take the band with him !! This is why he put one together...not just for these tv appearances. I wish we would have gotten a little more info about them from the question asked as most of us knew about the Monte connection already.

He does expand a bit in one of the segments with Jim Cantiello....but not much.

Glad to see that the people who were hating on the Pink song, liked it.

It's a great song, and deserves to get some credit.....the lyrics are beautiful.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'marie71' date='Nov 25th 2009, 3:05 PM'

I agree with everyone regarding the fact that his performance today was beyond amazing - his vocals, gorgeous looks, charming personality, articulate answers, etc. However, I disagree that he somehow needed to redeem himself, or prove himself after his AMA performance. Adam has absolutely nothing to prove to anyone. He has countless numbers of flawless performances under his belt, as well as an infinite supply of incredible interviews. He is extremely consistent in a way I have never before seen. His AMA performance was just another version of Adam - a raw, sexually charged, charismatic vision of an erotic song. Even though it wasn't his best vocal, he wiped the floor with everyone else, and his bar is set so high, that anything less than absolute perfection causes people to doubt him. I loved his AMA performance, and this reaction just bothers me. You know what I mean?
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'nuuskamuikkunen' date='Nov 25th 2009, 5:06 PM'

Post at AO from someone who was at CBS this morning

http://www.adamofficial.com/us/node/982960#comment-983091
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Nov 25th 2009, 7:46 PM'

where this pic came from is it a rehearsal !! i didn't see it !!

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'GlamLamb' date='Nov 25th 2009, 8:22 PM'

I'm all caught in reading so I'll post my thoughts about The Early Show!

ADAMLICIOUS LAMBRILLIANCE!

OK, I'm done! ::flowers::

Seriously, I set my alarm, the VCR last night but couldn't sleep in case the alarm didn't go off and the VCR didn't go on ... so I was up at 7.

It was so much more than I expected ... Adam had 'face time' and saying 'good morning, America' on The Early Show. Perfect strategy to have him on in every segment, even if just for a quick look-see. It kept people riveted.

He looked gorgeous and sang like an angel. I loved him singing 'lead' to his own backing vocals ... genius cuz no one sings better than Adam. I loved WWFM ... perfect and I thought MA was, too. I didn't notice any 'false' note of falsetto at all, but I just wonder why in a brilliant performance, that one small slip that I never noticed had to even be brought up here ... I just don't get it. Can't we just concentrate on what he does right instead of pointing out a flaw in his singing? Is there a legitimate reason for this; if so, please enlighten me.

To Peggy ... congrats on 'meeting' Adam and getting your CD signed. You Go Girl.

To Juliana ... Congrats on your terrific question ... way to go.

To Leila ... you are the "best Mommy" in the world! And Adam knows it too!!

To CBS ... for having the balls to have Adam on and increase their ratings ... smart move.

To Adam ... for just being you! I. JUST. LOVE. YOU ...

P.S. But Mario Lopez and Extra were really pissing me off. When they went into Adam's performance today, they emphasized for drama that "Adam REFUSED to aplogize" and that Adam said "I'm a PERFORMER NOT a babysitter ... again with a lot of aggression in his voice. What the hell is up with that, Mario?
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life' date='Nov 25th 2009, 8:27 PM'

The statement from the CBS rep reads:

"We gave this some real thought. The Madonna image is very familiar and has appeared countless times including many times on morning television. The Adam Lambert image is a subject of great current controversy, has not been nearly as widely disseminated, and for all we know, may still lead to legal consequences."
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Jerilin' date='Nov 25th 2009, 8:55 PM'

Saw this on HM.... :|

http://twitter.com/moaningcrow/statuses/6067011615

wow. #ShameOnYouABC RT Zeee1: ABC changed from Adam Lambert's 'Mad World' on General Hospital to the Gary Jules' one... Oh you ABC, oh you.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Tiki'srose' date='Nov 25th 2009, 8:55 PM'

Access Hollywood stood up for Adam tonight on CBS showing the Brittany/Madonna kiss and not the one of him and Tommy. It was nice to hear that they thought that was discrimination.

They also showed a lot of Adam from the early show as well as the making of his FYE video. ::thumbup::

I am so thankful that CBS had Adam on this morning. Not only for him but for all the fans that had made arrangement from all over to come and see him today. CBS very nicely pointed out that fans came from Japan and Pakistan.

ABC certainly didn't give any thought to his fans and the expense they may have occurred by their cancellation of Adam.

Return to “2009 E&A”