Image Image
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

2010 Media - Print Articles

Post by glambertparty »

'Crazyadamfan09' date='Jan 11th 2010, 7:56 PM'

http://pics.livejournal.com/mayonegg/pic/0002aw0p/

Pic of Adam with Ellen in the new EW with Ellen and Simon on the cover!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'claysscgirl' date='Jan 17th 2010, 12:20 AM'

Ok, here are the EW scans. I have some other new scans to put up also, but will go ahead and post these.

Entertainment Weekly January 15, 2010
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

InTouch January 18, 2010

OK January 25, 2010
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'claysscgirl' date='Jan 17th 2010, 12:43 AM'

I'll scan it, Vortex. Coming right up! ::haha::

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'AdamLuva' date='Jan 22nd 2010, 6:33 PM'

From the February 1, 2010 issue of Life & Style...they loved him!! ::wub::

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'glitterynfierce' date='Jan 23rd 2010, 2:42 PM'

Got this from the Grammy thread.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2vbwk0y.jpg
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'glitterynfierce' date='Jan 28th 2010, 7:46 PM'

I was just watching MOD from Tuesday's show...the VJ showed the free Metro newspaper with Adam and the funny singing girl in the front...did anyone get that paper and kept it? If so, please scan the front page and inside article, if there is one. Thanks!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'kmartin' date='Feb 3rd 2010, 6:35 PM'

This is really old (posted December 31 2009) but Adam made J-14's hottest stars of 2009 list :haha: J-14 is a teen magazine. He's number 14.

http://www.j-14.com/2009/12/j-14s-hottest-stars-of-2009.html

Just thought I'd post this here incase anyone cares ::haha::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Feb 4th 2010, 8:42 PM'

this is from People mag ::flowers::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'adamazing' date='Feb 6th 2010, 6:55 AM'

Just saw an interesting article on ONTD_AI, but I don't know how to bring it here so I just copied the text. Here is the link:

http://www.touyaxyukito.com/adam/adammacleans.jpg

Shy Adam Lambert comes to town

The 'American Idol' runner-up shares his views on gays on TV and the 'closed-minded'

By Elio Iannacci

Adam Lambert is not a fan of the phrase "less is more." Sitting in an office at a Toronto radio station, the 28-year-old American Idol runner-up has just under-gone his seventh makeup application for the day, and is wrapped in a grey scarf that is the size of a small comforter. "It's a gift from Oprah," he explains, as he starts to take off the fabric - which covers his six-foot-one frame like a sari - "she's such a sweetie." Although today's schedule does not include any live performances, Lambert is completely stage-ready, sporting his signature black guyliner, spiked raven-coloured hair, and a face fully coated with a heavy dose of beige concealer. "I've never been that guy..." the singer nicknamed "Glambert" says, before untangling the nest of silver necklaces and feathers hanging down his chest. "You know, the one who's always wanted to have a quiet, subtle life."

The past few months for the openly gay singer have been anything but quiet. On Nov. 22, a day before the release of his disc, For Your Entertainment, Lambert performed at the American Music Awards, broadcast on ABC. During his number, he proceeded to grind one of his dancer's faces into his pelvis, grab the crotch of another, and passionately kiss his male keyboardist. ABC got over 1,500 complaint calls and subsequently reneged on the offer to have him perform on Good Morning America.

Looking aback, Lambert is surprisingly upbeat about the fallout. "My performance is something I'm extremely proud of and I wouldn't change a thing. I am glad it facilitated a conversation about what kind of double standards there are out there, since Christina Aguilera, Britney, and Madonna have kissed [on air] before without getting [banned]." Lambert added, "I do think it was ironic that I was replaced [on Good Morning America] with Chris Brown [convicted of assaulting girlfriend Rihanna]."

What Lambert feels should be of more concern to TV networks is how gays are being represented on mainstream television shows. "All you see is the same type of gay stereotype on Glee,Ugly Betty, and Entourage. There's a clown element to them all. It's always the sissy guy that's passive and effeminate who gets it," he clarifies. "I've seen a little bit of the polar extreme opposite too - the gay guy who's a total butch dude, but we need to see [gay roles] that are much more human and complex. Showing diversity is a way of fighting discrimination. And it is still out there. If you go on iTunes, there are a ton of beautiful reviews of my music, but there is also a large portion of ignorant people posting things like, "'Gross, he's gay.'"

According to Lambert, "closed mindedness has made rock music become so conservative and filled with [macho] dudes when it should be filled with people like David Bowie," who, he says, "challenged people's perceptions with his work." One musician Lambert feels is building on Bowie's legacy is fellow popster Lady Gaga. "I swear, she is a gay man, and I mean that is the most affectionate way. Nobody else respects gay culture the way she does because she's lived it, worked in the clubs, and has a close-knit family of guys who look out for her. She knows how to push the envelope in the right way."

Lambert was so impressed with Lady Gaga's first album, The Fame, that he ended up recording a track she gave him called Fever. "The session was amazing," he recalls. "She walked in wearing a costume - which is really daywear for her - and I loved it because i went totally costume-y that day too. Before cutting the track, we had a little listening party. She played songs off The Fame Monster - it hadn't come out yet - and I played my demos. She gave her two cents on my songs and we had a couple of whiskeys. Then we recorded the song."

Following in Gaga's platformed footsteps, Lambert's next career move will be planning a soon-to-be-announced tour as well as releasing an EP which will contain remixes of his first two singles plus a brand new track. In terms of staging his next slew of concerts, Lambert says he wants to keep everything "really simple - a bunch of hot dancers, arty video graphics, a lot of costume changes and fire. You know, just the basics."

As for the show that launched him, "I hope my success on Idol can be seen as a symbol of ongoing change," he says. "They've had contestants on the show who have either been gay or seemed gay but they didn't get very far, but I don't think that will be the case anymore. If they ask me to be a judge, I would definitely say yes."
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life' date='Feb 6th 2010, 4:01 PM'

^That's from Maclean's magazine here in Canada. Here's a scan that I found.

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'jacci' date='Feb 6th 2010, 7:13 PM'

not a magazine, but page R6 in today's Toronto's Globe and Mail. Photo courtesy of PF's satisfied's husband. Always happy when hubbies help.

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/JianCBC/img008.jpg
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Kilroy' date='Feb 7th 2010, 12:54 AM'

There is a small picture of Adam in the February issue of IN STYLE, with Heidi Klum on the cover. I gave my magazine away and can't scan. It had pictures of a few of the female performers at the AMAs - Lopez, Rihanna - and what architectural structures their dresses looked like. At the bottom of the page, the magazine posed the question of "What's the one dance song you'd want to listen to?" There are four singers at the bottom of the page, Adam is on the left, in that posed pic from the AMAs with his suit, you can see his spiky gloves. He says, Boom Boom Pow because it's got that booty bass going on [am paraphrasing]. Keith Urban is quoted as saying he likes Britney Spears's 3 LOL.

And glad to hear that ebay has VMAN. In that thread, I volunteered to get some copies from my local Universal News (it had 7 copies last time I went) but it sounds like ebay is the much better bargain. The store price is US $5.50.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'AniMaL' date='Feb 8th 2010, 2:28 PM'

Cosmopolitan Magazine~
http://fansofdavid.com/?p=35145
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'AdamLuva' date='Feb 21st 2010, 1:37 PM'

From the March 1, 2010 issue of OK...

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'claysscgirl' date='Feb 21st 2010, 5:59 PM'

I realize some of these are dups of scans already posted, but I'm putting mine up anyway.

OK (March 1, 2010)

Rolling Stone (March 4, 2010)

People (February 1, 2010)

US (February 15, 2010)
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'claysscgirl' date='Feb 25th 2010, 1:47 PM'

Question for everybody who can help:

What issue was it that Adam was in Hello mag? Is it still available?
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'JosyLoosBR' date='Feb 25th 2010, 7:50 PM'

is this?!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'last1013' date='Feb 27th 2010, 2:24 PM'

Since I struggled so much to get this up in another thread I thought I would post it here too. :P

From J-14 March 2010
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Mar 4th 2010, 8:41 PM'

Flaunt mag ::spaz:: ::spaz:: ::woot:: freakin Hot ::devil:: from HM

Return to “2010 Archives”