2016-03-30 TOH Tour - Denver, CO at Paramount Theatre

Paula

Post by Paula »

Sealuv » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:55 pm wrote:ok ...here is my long-winded recap (wish i knew how to paste this into the thread..gonna have to do it the old fashion way..type it in)

well...where to start....guess the M&G..

I got to the venue about a half hour early...dumb, didn't really need to...very cold outside...but hung out with some really sweet 16/17 year olds, who were seeing adam for the first time and soooo excited. One of the girls was wearing a rainbow sherpa style cap and she couldn't believe she was finely meeting him. They asked what the VIP1 entailed and told them I was going to meet him face to face. Of course, they went into "OMG!" mode and asked if I had met him before......told them "no, first time" and was a wee bit nervous!

Once we VIP peeps entered the venue, we collected our bag of goodies and proceeded up the stairs to the balcony lobby. We waited about 20 minutes till a woman came to us to give "THE SPIEL"..."when you go into the room with adam, he will put his arm out (she demonstrated) you stand next to him, i'll count to 3 and take the shot, then you exit"...definitely got the impression that this was not a M&G for dallying...lol....so, i go through a wall of black curtain and into a very low lite room...almost dark...adam is wearing his damn cap!, so his beautiful eyes were in shadow...his cheek bones were very pronounced due to the lighting in the room...his beard was immaculate....perfect... no bare spots, like some men have....(think the beard probably was a factor in creating the hollow cheek look along with the lighting) ...he half smiled said hello, some slight eye contact, put his arm out for me to stand next to him...to be honest, he didn't seem that engaged...it might be because i was one of the first to see him and he wasn't warmed up yet. Also found out later that there were 80 of us he had to M&G!!...Now that would be overwhelming, thinking you had to do this 80 times!....anyway , i said hello back to him or something in the line of "this is a treat" or who the 'blank' knows?...haha!...(i wish i had, at least, introduced myself in name. I later talked with an individual who said adam really likes you to tell him your name...so for any of you, who are still going to a M&G...intro yourself). So, did the hellos...put my arm lightly around his waist...the pic was taken (have no memory what i did there..not even sure i was smiling)...then as i headed out the curtain, i turned around and told him that i was really looking forward to the show and that was when he connected with me...that instant eye connection. So i left happy...it truly was only about a 15 second M&G, but still worth it. As to my impression of adam's physical being...tall (i'm 5'9" and he still seemed tall) thin in good way...and as i said before, his face was almost chiseled looking due to the shadowing from the lighting.....he does have an aura about him...a "Star" quality...also, a gentleness.....he seems very centered.

Now for the show.....i was in the second row...about 5' from him performing. I've seen him 2xs at the GNT, but many rows back, so this was the real treat of the nite, for me.
When you are this close to the stage, you lose a lot of the lighting effects, but, man, do you get to see adam!...every nuance of his facial expressions...his joy of performing...(you really can see how his background in theater makes him such a unique entertainer)...and you also see who adam connects with in the audience. I was sitting next to a cute gay guy...kinda punk style....and hoped adam would have eye contact with him. About mid-way through the set, adam did make eye contact...i nudged him and told him "wow, adam just gave you the eye!"...the guy was in seventh heaven...his nite was made!..The show, in general, was great....but could tell he was holding back some and not pushing the high notes...probably conserving his voice for Vegas...LA (think these shows are going to be killers) Right before the show started...a guy came out on stage and crossed off something on the setlist ...so many of us were concerned that he wasn't going to do the encore...but looks like he crossed off TB......cuz we got our encore!...also... the crowd's noise demanded it...was a great audience!

In all... a fabulous nite of entertainment with the Master...oh....and i found the rainbow sherpa girl after the show and gave her the TOH logo cap and water bottle...she was thrilled...so cute.....

Also, something interesting....when you stand in a VIP line or sit in the first two rows, you meet some very hardcore fans...(fans who follow him everywhere to the venues)....and hear little tidbits.....not going to pass on...but...will say...a fanbase can definitely be a fascinating world...and how fans perceive their role in it... (would be a good story for a journalist .....on any fanbase).

again...sorry about the length ....but it was great to do ...helped me to remember everything... ::grin:: also hope it is readable...too lazy to go back and proof...

one more thing ...looking at those pics of fans meeting adam at the buses.....why do M&G...this is the time to catch him, when he is high off of the Show...just look at him grinning!! ::grin::
Awwww, yay!!!! I'm glad that you had a great time! ::huggy:: I can't wait to see your pic with him!!!!! ::wub::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

Awwww, yay!!!! I'm glad that you had a great time! ::huggy:: I can't wait to see your pic with him!!!!! ::wub::
thanx Paula!...only problem now is i'm spoiled by being in that second row...can't imagine going to another show further than 5' from the stage....watching him perform so close is unbelievable......
Paula

Post by Paula »

Sealuv » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:43 am wrote:
thanx Paula!...only problem now is i'm spoiled by being in that second row...can't imagine going to another show further than 5' from the stage....watching him perform so close is unbelievable......
I know, right? I've never been front row, ever, and I doubt I ever will be again!
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

elijah_meader
Thank you @adamlambert for such an amazing night last night! It was a pleasure finally getting a chance to meet you.
I'm glad you enjoyed the outfit I made for myself
#TheOriginalHighTour #MileHigh #Denver #Designer #InstaGay #Style #Glamour #Image

With @adamlambert last night.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

The OP has been updated. ::hello::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin