Site Admin

2015-12-03 Mix 96.9 - Merry MixMAS - Celebrity Theater, Phoenix, Az

Post by madamimadam »

The OP has been updated. ::hello::
"It is what it is!"
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

zackmassey Snapped a super quick portrait of @adamlambert backstage at @mix969fm's Mix-mas show last week.

Paula

Post by Paula »

bebeg » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:05 pm wrote:zackmassey Snapped a super quick portrait of @adamlambert backstage at @mix969fm's Mix-mas show last week.

Gorgeous. ::wub::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

The OP has been updated. ::hello::
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

It is just over a week since I saw Adam in Phoenix. It took me a while to recover from my trip and then I was very busy at work and attended two evening Christmas parties and went bowling on Tuesday night (bowled a 214 game!).

I made plans with my friend to drive to Phoenix and meet up with Dorena and her sister. My friend was going to have me drive her to work Thursday morning and then I was going to pick her up so that we could use her car and leave for Phoenix directly from her work. Our plans went haywire when she became sick early Wednesday morning. She was supposed to call me by Thursday at 1:00 pm to give me her status. I tried calling several times between 1:00 and 3:00. At 3:05 she finally picked up the phone to say that she couldn’t go and she was so sick that she slept through all of my previous calls. At this point, it was too late to try to rent a car since I don’t trust my old car so she let me use her car anyway.

Finally, at 3:15 I was on my way to Phoenix. I made it there by 5:25 and Dorena met me at my hotel a little after 6:00 and we proceeded to enjoy a nice dinner and finished just in time for a short trip to the Celebrity Theatre and we took our seats just a few minutes before Echosmith began their set.

I like Echosmith’s songs and the band is quite talented. The female singer is lively with a fairly strong, pleasant voice that doesn't need autotune; but the speakers for their instruments were turned up too loud and they use multiple drums in their songs that added to the noise level. The audience didn’t stand for a single song and just clapped politely. I am sure that if the audience was much younger and if they had been at an outdoor event, their performance would have been much easier to listen to.

Then, after a lengthy intermission….mainly due to the venue having restrooms and snack bars that were too small, it was time for Adam to perform. The instruments placed on the stage were very sparse in contrast to Echosmith who had the whole stage filled with equipment. For Adam, there was 1 drum set, 1 keyboard with computers perched above the keyboard, a 1 or 2 extra guitars and not much else. We were in the 7th row and I think that the circular stage rotated with the front facing in our direction more than most of the venue. The stage circles around then comes back in the opposite direction during each song. We were fairly close to the ramp going down to the dressing room and directly in front Adam’s mic stand at the start.

The crowd was impatient and started chanting until the announcer came out to introduce Adam. I turned on periscope to catch the end of his speech and then the announcer left the stage and there was a loooonnnnng pause so I turned off the periscope because I didn’t want to waste my battery and wasn’t sure how much of my data plan was being eaten away. Turns out that periscope uses very little data. My whole transmission was less than .40 gb. I had almost 3.00 gb available.

Then, the people next to the ramp started screaming and the whole crowd joined in and we were all standing and the band came out and then finally, Adam. All this time I saw Marie tweeting to remind us to tweet out the periscope information so I had to re-enter the periscope broadcast since I forgot to tweet it out first and was in a panic because everything I pressed wasn’t responding. Finally, it started just as Adam began to sing Ghost Town. OMG…what a beautiful sound coming out of Adam! I would say that the quality in person is about 35% better than what we get on the best HD Youtubes. The acoustics for the band were perfect in relation to Adam’s commanding, clear as a bell voice! WOW!!! He was so very happy and very animated on that stage…how could he not be; it was moving! ::haha:: I know that he looked directly at me a few times because I am tall and I was fist pumping while trying to be quiet and recording. Then he started singing The Original High, I realized that I forgot to begin recording on an extra phone that I brought so I turned it on and only got part of TOH but left it on the rest of the concert and until we got back to the hotel! ::wacko:: I haven’t done anything with it because the last hour needs to be cut out.

If you saw my periscope, I guess it was better to listen rather than watch since it is mostly sideways and very poor quality video. This was a totally new experience for me and I thought it would be easy. ::no:: ::crying:: First, when the crowd started screaming, I could hardly type in the information because I was so nervous! Then, if you double click on your screen it switches to the selfie mode which is far too easy to do when you need to adjust the zoom or other items while recording. I lost the video once because my hand got tired and I hit the off switch on my phone when adjusting my grip. I lost it another time when I was trying to figure out why the chat wasn’t turned on. I’m not sure what went wrong a couple of other times. Another distraction was when tweets kept coming in while I was trying to restore the transmission; the screen on my phone was covered in tweets where I was tying to see what I was typing. It is much too easy to accidentally turn off the broadcast and too hard to re-start it. Also, I knew that you have to keep your phone in either portrait or landscape mode. You can't switch from one to the other during the broadcast. I wanted to record in landscape mode but just couldn’t seam to type in landscape mode and then forgot to keep the phone in portrait mode after entering in that mode. I will blame that on being in a state of panic after accidentally stopping the transmission and trying to pay attention to Adam at the same time! He is very distracting from less than 20 feet away! ::drool::

Anyway, this was not the first time I saw Adam but I would say that I was definitely on an Original High! ::spaz:: This is based on the feeling I had with him so close, so commanding in his performance, so perfectly handsome, so supremely wonderful sounding and the joy he was sending out was highly infectious. Everyone was standing, singing, clapping, cheering and I am sure we all could have endured another couple of hours of what now seams like the perfect (except for the Periscope/recording fiasco) dream. Seeing this just left me hungry for more...need TOH Tour ASAP!
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Thanks for your efforts

::flowers::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »