2015-04-30 The Ellen Show

Moonlightchiara

Post by Moonlightchiara »

After the Ellen Show, I got an email from someone I used to work with who told me she saw Adamon Ellen and he looked good, that he had a look she hadn't seen before, and that he looked more "normal". This was someone who would cringe whenever I brought his name up in the past. She couldn't get past the makeup, etc. I'm thinking that there are other people out there like that who might be more open to him now.

I just want to clarify that I personally will take him any which way he wants to present himself.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

hotouthere wrote:
Carmi wrote:
vistadiva wrote:
Tiki wrote:Just putting this out here, but after watching the video a gazillion times, I am wondering if the whistling is not done by a person, but with a flute. [0062.gif] Had anyone heard yet who or what is doing the whistling. Dying to know. [smile.gif]
It was a guy (I think a friend of Adam's). It was all over twitter a few days ago...his name escapes me...maybe Bebeg remembers.

AND..finally..on T.

When Adam left RCA a huge "image re-make" of Adam began. If you remember, he stopped wearing makeup..no more eyeliner...grew Melvin...started "designer dressing" and doing interviews that showed him as more low-key. YES, he was still Adam..but a much more sophisticated Adam. Allowing his masculine side to completely override his feminine side.

IMHO, all of this was a plan for his career, hatched and guided by DMG and WBR. As part of this "remake" and Era 3 rollout, his live performances had to showcase him as a solo artist...smooth and sophisticated. The "gay guy from Idol" had to vanish. Part of that was a new backing band.

So, IMO, kudos to DMG & WBR...they have done a stellar job!!

Wait..."the gay guy from Idol had to vanish" What are you saying here? As if being gay is bad or something that the public can't handle? Elton, Sam Smith, Mary Lambert et al haven't tried through their label and managements to make their "gay" vanish.

Is it really your opinion that WBR and DMG was the reason that Tommy was not hired for Adam's promo band? That Tommy made Adam look too gay? Not being snarky at all. Please help me understand your comments.

During the Trespassing era, when he was still with RCA, Adam was already wearing sleek designer clothes. And had toned done his make up. He still wore make up at that time, which I personally love, but the glitter and rhinestones were gone. I believe him when he said all that stuff was a lot of work to do everyday. I also believe he was evolving during Trespassing era. Just wondering why you think he changed make up and clothing style after he was signed by WBR. He obviously didn't if you were paying attention. Just sayin

I know many here are very sensitive about anyone commenting on their posts. I AM NOT being argumentative. Just trying to have a respectful conversation and dialogue. I can't be the only one that found the "the gay from Idol had to vanish" a little off putting. The comment, to me, was making him less than again. As if he could EVER make his gay vanish. And why would he or we ever want that to happen. Or even percieve that it could happen. I support and respect him just the way he is and how the universe created him.

edited for typos

I think what she is trying to say is that Adam and his record company and management are working hard to put "the gay guy" solidly into the background and let it be about the music where the conversation should be. I am sure you heard what Adam said about wanting it to be accepted and no longer a big deal in the eyes of the public and not focused on so much by the entertainment industry.

EXACTLY...and thank you for your excellent clarification!! Adam wants it to be about the music...my post was simply saying that the changes are putting the music front and center. Instead of discussing Adam's eyeliner, people not familiar with him are discussing his music. Adam (with or without the advice of his team...before, after or during TP) has pulled back some of the flamboyance...and IMHO that may be a good thing in trying to appeal to a broad mass audience.

When I used the phrase "the gay guy from Idol" I was referring to the image some people may have had of him...which may have hurt his record sales. I was not calling him that. I was simply discussing strategy in the light of the reality of Adam wanting the music to be front & center.

Anyone that knows me...and I've been a vocal, active fan on this board since Idol....knows that I adore Adam no matter how he chooses to present himself...and I would NEVER suggest he be anyone but who he is.

Looks like I stirred up a hornets nest without meaning too. It's probably a VERY good thing I didn't see the posts that Marie found necessary to delete.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

svca wrote:Heh, I think Vista would be the LAST person on the planet to want to shove Adam back into the closet, IMO.
Thanks, BB....nice to know that someone knows me well enough to know where I was coming from. [hug.gif]
nica575

Post by nica575 »

madamimadam wrote:I always thought that Adam coming out of AI and his first tour was Adam stomping his foot and saying I'll be who I'll be and people can take me or leave me... then he saw that people 'took' him and the toning down of his look started emerging at the end of GNT.

I remember Lee Cherry saying that Adam had been in charge of the whole concept of GNT and that Adam portrayed himself as 'he saw himself AT THE TIME'... I always found that comment quite insightful.

Adam can be petulant in his desire to prove a point and he did, mostly to himself, I think.

Once he saw that the acceptance did not waiver, he slowly left the 'mask' behind him.

I don't think that this was a WBR/DMG decision as I don't believe for a minute that Adam would stand for such a thing, no matter how much he wants success.

He's no longer the club kid that emerged from AI... he's a grown man secure in his manhood!

IMHO....
Agree with every word and especially the bolded part.

Adam evolves and changes as most of the young people his age do. Perhaps being under constant scrutiny makes these changes more conscious, more thought through...it is amazing Adam chooses to "explain" the changes, to let us "in"... Not for a moment do I think these were changes imposed on him by someone rather than himself.
I miss the glittery period actually and hope one day it'll return. One thing I know for sure - more changes will come and all of them will be fascinating and entertaining for us to watch! [Love.png]
Paula

Post by Paula »

rustycat wrote:the performance needs dancers...that is all imo...his singing was good and will only get better, the band/backing track was fine...but if you are going to have a wordless chorus you gotta have dancers to fill the void...I was really surprised he didn't have at least 2 dancers with him for the performance..this is a song that screams for dancers in live performances....he's used dancers on Ellen before...hope that dancers get added to future live performances...adam is a pop star, pop stars have dancers
YES! Thank you! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thought that.
misswood wrote:I wish his hair hadn't have vanished [rip_1.gif]
[0144.gif] Girl, I love you. I miss his hair too, though.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

The Ellen Show

1033ampradio · 8h 8 hours ago
. @AdamLambert debuted #GhostTown on @TheEllenShow! Watch his performance here: http://1033ampradio.cbslocal.com/2015/0 ... llen-watch

MIX1051 · 6h 6 hours ago
The video for @AdamLambert's new song #GhostTown got a debut on @TheEllenShow http://cbsloc.al/1E2ocSN

_AOStarlighter_ · 5h 5 hours ago
Adam Lambert Debuts Live Version Of ‘Ghost Town’ On ‘The Ellen Show’ Trending News : Franchise Herald: http://www.franchiseherald.com/articles ... t-town.htm
"It is what it is!"
Moonlightchiara

Post by Moonlightchiara »

Paula wrote:
rustycat wrote:the performance needs dancers...that is all imo...his singing was good and will only get better, the band/backing track was fine...but if you are going to have a wordless chorus you gotta have dancers to fill the void...I was really surprised he didn't have at least 2 dancers with him for the performance..this is a song that screams for dancers in live performances....he's used dancers on Ellen before...hope that dancers get added to future live performances...adam is a pop star, pop stars have dancers
YES! Thank you! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thought that.
misswood wrote:I wish his hair hadn't have vanished [rip_1.gif]
[0144.gif] Girl, I love you. I miss his hair too, though.

And see, I don't want to see the return of the dancers, for the most part.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Adam is a pop star so he needs dancers. But depending on the performance arises. I think 2 at tops would be okay. But I am fine with Adam's current set. Just Adam and his voice is all he needs tbh. And what's this with his hair, did he go bald? lol, I guess being a guy I don't notice a difference haha.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I loved the dancers GNT era........ Not so much Trespassing Era...... [confused.gif] [no2.gif]

If Adam could get a mix similar to the GNT era dancers....that would be [thumb.gif]

Adam seems to love to play off the other artists on the stage.....

I would really prefer he gain more musicians that sing....and interact with them....

Helping him create a larger sound.....similar to Queenbert [Love.png]

Often dancers can be distracting [roll.gif] just my 2 cents $ [roll.gif] [0146.gif]

We shall see [smile.gif]
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Love2Lurk wrote:I loved the dancers GNT era........ Not so much Trespassing Era...... [confused.gif] [no2.gif]

If Adam could get a mix similar to the GNT era dancers....that would be [thumb.gif]

Adam seems to love to play off the other artists on the stage.....

I would really prefer he gain more musicians that sing....and interact with them....

Helping him create a larger sound.....similar to Queenbert [Love.png]

Often dancers can be distracting [roll.gif] just my 2 cents $ [roll.gif] [0146.gif]

We shall see [smile.gif]
I agree. I think dancers are distracting. They may make sense for special appearances like on tv shows (Ellen, award shows) but not in concert. I enjoy watching Adam in concert when he's just doing his thing, feeling the music and just moving. I don't like the choreographed, too rehearsed feel.
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

My new wallpaper/screen saver! [thumbsup.gif] [0016.gif] [clap.gif] [0010.gif]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CELQMPjWEAAXz3W.jpg
svca

Post by svca »

I really, really love that, Barb.

Does anybody know if there is any way to make that my siggy? I've never had one, and I don't know how to make one [oops.gif] [oops.gif]

Is that too big, or the wrong size/shape?

It sure is gorgeous...thanks for posting that, Barb [hug.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

The Ellen Show

AdamLambertSG · 10h 10 hours ago
Singapore local channel, Channel 5, airing Adam Lambert performance of Ghost Town on Ellen: 11 May, 11am and 5pm.

warnermusicde · 7h 7 hours ago
Ganz in weiß: @AdamLambert trat mit "Ghost Town" erstmals im TV auf, bei @TheEllenShow: http://www.warnermusic.de/news/2015-05- ... -degeneres

WarnerMusicID · 7h 7 hours ago
@adamlambert performed at @TheEllenShow > http://ellentube.com/videos/0-02msege8/ … .. my heart is a ghost town ..

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

The Ellen Show

Lite 100.5 WRCH @wrch · 5h 5 hours ago
ICYMI: @AdamLambert performs #GhostTown on @TheEllenShow WATCH: http://bit.ly/1FKFVDW

Todays1019 · 1h 1 hour ago
Did you see @AdamLambert's TV debut of 'Ghost Town' on 'Ellen'? Watch it here: http://cbsloc.al/1KAoFkH
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

The Ellen Show

_AOStarlighter_ · 13h 13 hours ago
ICYMI: Adam Lambert Performs “Ghost Town” On Ellen; New Album Due In June!! http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2015/05/04 ... 2M.twitter

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

The Ellen Show

970wfla · 6h 6 hours ago
#AdamLambert Performs 'Ghost Town' http://www.970wfla.com/onair/am-tampa-b ... -13553105/ … @adamlambert @TheEllenShow via @970wfla http://970wfla.com/listen

SASpurs21Fan · 4h 4 hours ago
So, my hairstylist, non-Adam fan, saw @adamlambert on Ellen. Said loved performance of #GhostTown and asked how he's gotten so good lookin!

MainEventShows · 4h 4 hours ago
Adam Lambert cantó “Ghost Town” en el show de Ellen DeGeneres http://ow.ly/MyYtZ

MDMOLINARI · 2h 2 hours ago
@adamlambert on @TheEllenShow

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

The Ellen Show

BUSYBEE8 · 20h 20 hours ago
drummer

ScorpioBert · 6h 6 hours ago
gladys_tamez_millinery IG

DL https://igcdn-videos-e-18-a.akamaihd.ne ... 6332_n.mp4

LibraLaurie · 3h 3 hours ago
Music Regram: Adam Lambert Hangs With Ellen http://po.st/EbJKKk via @ARTISTdirect
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

MainEventShows · 3h 3 hours ago
Adam Lambert cantó “Ghost Town” en el show de Ellen DeGeneres http://ow.ly/MyYtZ
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

AdamLambertSG · 3h 3 hours ago
TMR: MON,11/5: @adamlambert's performance of Ghost Town on Ellen: local channel, Channel 5: 11am and 5pm.

"It is what it is!"

Return to “2015 E&A”