2015-08-03 Sunrise - Australia

svca

Post by svca »

Just an opinion, guys, just an opinion.

There's a little bit of Adam for everybody apparently....who knows what the next era will bring.
leothelion

Post by leothelion »

DerekMcG » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:10 pm wrote:
svca » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:30 am wrote:Oh, I agree, Derek, it's purely a personal opinion....I'm extremely happy with the attention the song is getting. I just find it ironic that a song that has really nothing to it except a beat and a whistle is getting this much love and attention....

I will never understand radio for sure, that's why I don't listen to it lol.

I'm hoping he gets to do a tour so we can hear some of his other songs also....now he has 3 albums to choose from.

When all is said and done, it doesn't really matter what I think, as I'm buying his music anyway. And I doubt that my opinion will sway anybody one way or the other. I think overall I just miss GNT Adam....this one's a bit too tame for me lol ::laughing::
Oh, I'm confident that GNT/rockier Adam will return at some stage, especially when he no longer has to worry about courting Pop Radio. But for now he has to regain commercial viability, and he's doing it brilliantly with this album (which I love, by the way).

Yes, it might seem ironic that a song with "nothing to it except a beat and a whistle" is getting so much love. "Skeletal cinemascapes," as one critic said admiringly of it. But

simple---with loads of repetition of key phrases---seems to work best on Pop Radio. I think that's part of the reason Adam's singles during the last era didn't make the splash they should have. ("Too wordy!" my partner complained at the time.)

Getting back to the subject of this thread ::smile::, that was another fine performance of GT on Sunrise! Sure, he momentarily messed up the words, but very few would have noticed. And I'm glad that Adam's peculiar handling of "satire" on last night's

The Voice wasn't repeated here ::laughing::

Singing on a prime time evening show and then having to get up for an early morning show?! How the hell does he do it? Singers hate performing in the morning, as the voice takes hours to warm up. But Adam sounds flawless here as usual (even if the song itself seems out of place in a daytime setting, with traffic going past in the background!).

I am pretty sure that the Sunrise performance was pre recorded Derek. I actually preferred it to the Voice performance but both were excellent. Its an interesting phenomena to me that the combination of some pre existing recognition of a song combined with a great live performance on a high profile show can catapult it to the very top, and take the album with it. GT had been on high rotation on lots of radio stations in Australia before this promotion, so its a winning combination. My son in law who lives in Melbourne said to me as soon as he heard GT "The Aussies will be all over this" ::thumbup:: I think the tickets to the January 2016 shows will be more competitive than I first thought. ::noexpression::
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

leothelion » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:11 pm wrote:

I am pretty sure that the Sunrise performance was pre recorded Derek. I actually preferred it to the Voice performance but both were excellent. Its an interesting phenomena to me that the combination of some pre existing recognition of a song combined with a great live performance on a high profile show can catapult it to the very top, and take the album with it. GT had been on high rotation on lots of radio stations in Australia before this promotion, so its a winning combination. My son in law who lives in Melbourne said to me as soon as he heard GT "The Aussies will be all over this" ::thumbup:: I think the tickets to the January 2016 shows will be more competitive than I first thought. ::noexpression::
Oh, how silly of me! Of course, it would have been prerecorded!

That old adage that "People like what they know" is certainly true when it comes to pop music---and especially true of Ghost Town ::yes:: Just compare the audience reaction on The Voice, for example, when that house beat first started kicking in with the much more subdued reaction from, say, the Ellen audience---a group that was mostly hearing the song for the first time.

I'm just so happy with the love shown to this song---particularly by the Australians, Dutch, Germans, South Africans, and Finns. But the UK sorely needs to catch up!

I'm also annoyed with NZ Radio, which has been willfully neglecting GT, and I hope that the Australian version of The Voice, which is also screened in NZ, will give the song a decent boost. That and Adam's upcoming promo in NZ, of course ::smile::
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

SUNRISE OFFICIAL VIDEO!!

ADAM INTRO AND GT PERFORMANCE....
https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/w ... ive/#page1
1:33 AM - 3 Aug 2015
leothelion

Post by leothelion »

DerekMcG » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:44 pm wrote:
leothelion » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:11 pm wrote:

Oh, how silly of me! Of course, it would have been prerecorded!

That old adage that "People like what they know" is certainly true when it comes to pop music---and especially true of Ghost Town ::yes:: Just compare the audience reaction on The Voice, for example, when that house beat first started kicking in with the much more subdued reaction from, say, the Ellen audience---a group that was mostly hearing the song for the first time.

I'm just so happy with the love shown to this song---particularly by the Australians, Dutch, Germans, South Africans, and Finns. But the UK sorely needs to catch up!

I'm also annoyed with NZ Radio, which has been willfully neglecting GT, and I hope that the Australian version of The Voice, which is also screened in NZ, will give the song a decent boost. That and Adam's upcoming promo in NZ, of course ::smile::

It is a total mystery to me why NZ radio has not picked up on GT. TOTAL!! Surely the promo this week will help?? Also, Singapore (!) I really thought it would be a big hit there. I wonder how much of it comes down to the push by WB in the various countries.
leothelion

Post by leothelion »

I meant to clarify by saying that WB in South Africa were just so into Ghost Town tweeting about it even before it was released and then lo and behold, South Africa has been one the most successful countries for this era over the whole period from release until now.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

sunriseon7 Aug 2
HUGE week ahead on @sunriseon7! @adamlambert, @5SOS @WeAreMKTO PLUS we're heading to sunny Queensland! #sun7

adamlambert Aug 2
Tune into @sunriseon7 on this Monday to see me perform #GhostTown https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/

sunriseon7 22h22 hours ago
Calling all @adamlambert fans! The American Idol star performs his new hit song on @sunriseon7 soon! Don't miss it! #sun7

sunriseon7 22h22 hours ago
Remember you can LIVE stream @sunriseon7 here https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/a ... rise_live/ … #sun7

sunriseon7 21h21 hours ago
@adamlambert performs soon! #sun7

WarnerMusicAU 20h20 hours ago
Tune into @sunriseon7 right now to see @adamlambert! #AdamLambert #GhostTown

adamaju4 20h20 hours ago
Sunrise @adamlambert #sun7

jazzzon 20h20 hours ago
Wow! Just fell in love with #AdamLambert

Platinum9111 20h20 hours ago
Amazing performance by @adamlambert on #sunriseon7 what a great way to start the week!!

adamaju4 20h20 hours ago
Adam! Sunrise @adamlambert #sun7

Directionauhl 20h20 hours ago
@adamlambert JUST KILLED IT! HELL YEAH! SO GOOD!

GMsAussieangel 20h20 hours ago
Just saw @adamlambert on @sunriseon7 Looking hot Adam! Love Ghost Town & the album The Original High! Have fun in Sydney! Cheers!

ScorpioBert 20h20 hours ago
Sunrise

mmadamimadamm 19h19 hours ago
SUNRISE OFFICIAL VIDEO!!!
ADAM INTRO AND GT PERFORMANCE....
https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/w ... ive/#page1
"It is what it is!"

Return to “2015 E&A”