2016-05-14 G-A-Y Club, London, UK

3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

While Adam was surprised at the whistling. By no means imo was he angry lol. HE turned around and laughed. I just think he was like WTF that noise? Then like ok then. I don't think he was pissed off or anything. I get preserving quality of performance. And @Hot yo u maybe right. But in reality this was a club rave type environment. A lot of young gay guys, and some women. So it was never going to be as controlled, and theatrical as his toh shows. Which I enjoyed it was more spontanoues. And free, and unhibited. But that's just me.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

hotouthere » Mon May 16, 2016 12:10 am wrote:I have been to several of Adam's concerts. I was not in the best position at two of those concerts as all I could hear the first time was Tommy's bass and the other was the drums. My enjoyment of those concerts was severely reduced because I could hardly hear Adam's voice. The other concerts were aurel heaven! I also would not enjoy a concert if I heard constant whistles or someone singing loud and flat behind me for an entire concert. I realize that some younger people think it is fun and as we already know, most of those younger audiences don't really give a damn about the quality of the music or if they are interfering with someone else's enjoyment. I would only think it might be appropriate at a concert being hosted by a DJ playing tunes on a turntable that don't involve a live performer! I don't care if it is some kind of tradition. I think it is really disrespectful and obnoxious! I also don't think Adam was expecting it based on his initial reaction. His "What the F..K" reaction was a good way to let people know that it wasn't the most pleasing sound or a good way to show their appreciation of the person trying to perform. Even his facial expression looked like he was in pain from the noise! Maybe a few of those young people need to be educated in how to behave in front of a live performer! I guess when your idea of live performing involves lip syncing or autotuned crap, it doesn't matter how you behave!

Of course, this is my personal opinion which I am entitled to!

I hear what you are saying. But first of all, this was not a concert. It was a gay bar club. That is a whole other kettle of fish. The venue was much looser than a concert setting. Young people were there to drink, dance, listen to music and have a good time. Adam seemed very happy to me as well as the audience members. No harm, no foul.

As far as appreciating him, I believe they did. It was evident in the vids that they loved him. Young people just show it differently than a more mature fan would. The whistle blowing was being one with him and his music. The more whistles that were blown, was more of them showing the love for him. Did you really expect everyone to be stone silent and stand there like statues and listen intently to him singing? THAT, imo, would have freaked him out more. He needs the audience to show enthusiasm and that they are into him and his music to perform and give that same energy right back. At G A Y, the whistles did just that.

I don't agree that he was "in pain" from the whistles. He is a pop singer that sings in front of blistering drums, bass, keys and amped up guitars all the time. A small plastic whistle, even blown in unison, would not imo cause him pain. You saying he looked "in pain" is a pretty large leap for me.

I would love to know how you would educate young people to act in front of a live performer. lol Good luck with that.

I also can't blame young people for liking lip syncing and autotune. It is after all what the ~adults at record companies ram down their throats and they don't know any different.

Adam is a big boy. I'm sure he survived his six song set with whistles. He was at QAL rehearsal today, and that was by far louder on his eardrums than G A Y.

And speaking of QAL, only four more days till Lisbon. ::spaz:: ::clapbig:: ::wootdance::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

The OP has been updated. ::hello::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

adamlambert_pic May 16
skingraftdesigns: Our buddy @adamlambert looking slick in the #Skingraft voyager vest

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

The OP has been updated. ::hello::
"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Kathy Katz
Adam Lambert G-A-Y Heaven London - 15-05-2016
[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/RZeXrvrf6QQ[/bbvideo]

source from rodolfo.reginaldo FB video:
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

jackbanderson
So last week my Little Sister Turned 21!
I discovered she had never been to a club before nor a Gig, so on Saturday we ticked Both them boxes!
Love you Hollie! Happy Birthday

Return to “2016 One-Off Concerts”