2016-08-04 Greatest Hits Finale

rustycat

Post by rustycat »

so he is clearly singing either George Michael's Faith, or something from the Faith album...probably Faith, but there are lots of good choices from that album..I'm surprised Adam hasn't covered anything of George's before (on idol in concert, wherever)...great choice...should be fun
Paula

Post by Paula »

madamimadam » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:31 pm wrote:ScorpioBert 15h15 hours ago
RT @mmyy9
Greatest Hits playlist on abc's official YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Onz9pcZ6bb

If you look at the length of the clips, though, they're about 30 seconds of each song.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

goldstar 2h2 hours ago
See @greatesthitsabc live in #LA with @adamlambert @SherylCrow @ArianaGrande and more! https://www.goldstar.com/events/los-ang ... le-tickets … #SoundsofSummer

"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Paula » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:17 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:31 pm wrote:ScorpioBert 15h15 hours ago
RT @mmyy9
Greatest Hits playlist on abc's official YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Onz9pcZ6bb

If you look at the length of the clips, though, they're about 30 seconds of each song.
The songs I played on that playlist were about 1 minute. Sort of a waste of time to listen to them when you can't hear the whole song! ::angry:: I watched the last 2 shows and enjoyed them however the sound system isn't great and the band drowns out the voices...at least that is how it is on my TV.

I look forward to seeing the finale and Adam.....that's the only exciting thing happening this week for me! ::spaz::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

From what I hear its just short clips. The actual songs is like 3 minutes on tv from what I hear. I would have no problem with Adam singing GM Faith.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

How do we know for sure that he is singing a George Michael song from the Faith album? ::think:: Is it because that tweet had the word faith in it? Or do we have solid info? If he does sing a song from that album, I would love for it to be I Want Your Sex. I think it suits him better vocally than Faith. Faith, to me, is just SO identifiable with George. I Want Your Sex imo could be played around a little bit more with Adam's voice.

Whatever song he sings will be a treat. So happy that we will hear him and the surprise song in just a few days. ::thumbsup::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Carmi » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:46 am wrote:How do we know for sure that he is singing a George Michael song from the Faith album? ::think:: Is it because that tweet had the word faith in it? Or do we have solid info? If he does sing a song from that album, I would love for it to be I Want Your Sex. I think it suits him better vocally than Faith. Faith, to me, is just SO identifiable with George. I Want Your Sex imo could be played around a little bit more with Adam's voice.

Whatever song he sings will be a treat. So happy that we will hear him and the surprise song in just a few days. ::thumbsup::
well that tweet. I don't think it matters what song suits GM or Adam. The show is GREATEST HITS. Faith was #1 in US. So it makes sense he performs one of GMS biggest hits.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Carmi » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:46 am wrote:If he does sing a song from that album, I would love for it to be I Want Your Sex. I think it suits him better vocally than Faith. Faith, to me, is just SO identifiable with George. I Want Your Sex imo could be played around a little bit more with Adam's voice.

Plus? Not to be punny or anything, but it would be sexy as hell to hear him sing that! ::winking::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

Carmi » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:46 am wrote:How do we know for sure that he is singing a George Michael song from the Faith album? ::think:: Is it because that tweet had the word faith in it? Or do we have solid info? If he does sing a song from that album, I would love for it to be I Want Your Sex. I think it suits him better vocally than Faith. Faith, to me, is just SO identifiable with George. I Want Your Sex imo could be played around a little bit more with Adam's voice.

David Wild wasn't being subtle lol... he was dropping a thinly veiled hint....Adam is clearly singing George Michael, most likely Faith
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

rustycat » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:53 am wrote:

David Wild wasn't being subtle lol... he was dropping a thinly veiled hint....Adam is clearly singing George Michael, most likely Faith
You are probably right rustycat about Adam singing Faith, but I am hoping for One More Try. ::grin:: I think he would blow this song out of the water and I'm thinking his vocals are more suited to this song. JMO. ::thinking:: ::grin:: Not sure though just how big it was, but it was a #1 hit in the US in 1988.

One More Try" was a soul song in the tradition of songs by Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder with lyrics of a man who pushes his lover away out of fear of repeating past relationships, only to accept the invitation in the end.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG5N3GC-m20[/bbvideo]

Faith was also #1in 1987
[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu3VTngm1F0[/bbvideo]
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

3ku1 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:43 am wrote:

well that tweet. I don't think it matters what song suits GM or Adam. The show is GREATEST HITS. Faith was #1 in US. So it makes sense he performs one of GMS biggest hits.

Well, I have to disagree with you. ::flowers:: I think it absolutely matters to Adam what song will suit him voice wise and lyrics wise. He always stays true to himself and that is to be admired. I don't think that he will sing a George Michael song without thought going into it. imho

Faith , the album had a lot of hits from it. Five or six I believe. So Adam has choice. Kissing A Fool is a nice choice too. Also Father Figure is pretty dramatic as is One More Try. Monkey can surprise us all coming out of left field.

Anyway.....speculation is so much fun! ::haha:: ::popcorn::

I also thought that if he sang a Sheryl Crow song, that All I Wanna Do would be awesome. I would love to hear Adam singing about Billy and him drinking and observing people at the car wash. ::winking::

Two more days and we will have our answer. ::wheee::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

belindasLAmusic 2h2 hours ago
I can't wait to see @adamlambert perform Faith by @GeorgeMichael on @greatesthitsabc live. Love both artist so much. Perfect for Adam.

belindasLAmusic 51m51 minutes ago
@dagda_knowledge @adamlambert @GeorgeMichael @greatesthitsabc ABC announced it no surprise
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

mmadamimadamm 10s10 seconds ago
'Greatest Hits' live finale
Adam Lambert - “Faith” (George Michael)

http://www.tvmusicnetwork.net/2016/08/g ... l?spref=tw
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

mmadamimadamm 11s11 seconds ago
ABC's 'Greatest Hits' Season Finale Stars John Legend, Adam Lambert http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archi ... vcgrJWU3DN … via @AllAccess "ADAM LAMBERT - “Faith”
"It is what it is!"
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

So it's for sure Faith. Now I really can't wait for Thursday night. ::yessss:: Wonder if he is going to go all literal with the guitar and butt shaking. ::icant:: I wouldn't complain. ::rofl:: He has the look already with the facial hair tight jeans and jackets. He has even sported the big (ankh not cross) earring during QAL 2014 shows. Now we just have to wait for the "he's no George/Freddie Michael" comments. ::haha:: You KNOW they will happen. At least he is used to such comments now and I don't believe they will bother him as much as the Freddie ones did.

I love the way Adam always makes a song his own. I just don't think he can do that on this show. He more than likely has to sing the song as the original was sung. Going to be interesting and fun for sure. ::wootdance::

Also, very happy that he is on US tv again. I'm sure there will be Americans that haven't seen him in ages and will hopefully look him up and buy his last two albums. Fingers crossed for a bump for him. ::flowers::
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Adam will certainly be able to match George Michael's look...without even having to go out and buy any clothes or sun glasses or get his hair done! ::haha::

I hadn't listened to the song for a very long time and on first listen today, Faith kinda has a Michael Jackson vibe to it so I am sure that Adam can handle it. These Boys and Pop That Lock fall into that same grove. I don't think he needs to bother with a guitar...that would just make it weird for him. Just hope he lets loose and comes up with some hot ::devil:: dance moves. Knowing Adam, he will just be spinning around on the stage a lot! ::hysterical::

The performers that I saw during the last 2 weeks were giving their own bit of creativity to the songs but not straying too far from the originals so it is not like watching a bunch of imitators. They are doing a lot of duets and combining individual singers with groups so it is something different and enjoyable to watch and listen to for a change.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

WC: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... 1=179&ah=2

INTERNATIONAL FANS

USTREAM:

PERISCOPE: @angel0051
"It is what it is!"
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Makes sense. Faith was GM's biggest hit ever. Was top ten around the world, #1 in the US. And was the biggest selling single of 1988. So makes sense. And when I said Adam doesen't have to suit the song. I meant the constant comparisons he gets to greats. He is not suddenll going to be GM 2.0. We know he can put his own spins on songs. And I am sure he well expereiment with the arrangement haha.
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

David Wild ✔@Wildaboutmusic
We're rehearsing now 4 @greatesthitsabc. Tune in Thursday 2 c @NewEdition, @ArianaGrande, @adamlambert & @SherylCrow
3:27 AM - 3 Aug 2016
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

WarnerBrosPromo @WarnerBrosPromo
.@adamlambert performs a @GeorgeMichael classic tomorrow night on @greatesthitsabc! 9p EST on ABC! http://goo.gl/585AQd
4:10 PM - 3 Aug 2016

Return to “2016 E&A”