Which Bonus Song?

Which bonus track from TOH is your favorite?

After Hours
20%
Shame
47%
These Boys
33%

Total votes: 15

hotouthere

Which Bonus Song?

Post by hotouthere »

3ku1 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:55 pm wrote:In comparison with Queen songs? Queen songs have nothing to do with TOH. It is a pop album, make more logical sense to compare to other pop songs or albums. When he performs them live people seem uplifted, so don't really get those views.
I am comparing the feeling that rock or high energy songs bring out vs many songs on TOH. I just used Queen as an example. I also agree with those who have said that familiarity has an effect. Adam singing Strut, Shady, Treaspassing, Cukoo, Fever, Pop That Lock, etc. all produce a much more energetic feeling then many songs on TOH. Adam will just have to accept that he won't have that same exchange of energy during many of the TOH songs. His audience will be quieter but that wont mean that they are not enjoying the songs. The cheers at the end will be important and also when the audience is singing along no matter what the song is will help the energy level.
Carmi
Which Bonus Song?

Post by Carmi »

Adam has reiterated more times than I can count during TOH promo that this album IS melancholy. Fans that will attend TOH forth coming tour KNOW that going forward. This is not a bad thing, just a different flavor we will get to taste of his voice.

I do not ever think that his audience will be more quite for TOH tour. It is an impossibility that I cannot fathom. I will concede that there will be quite ~moments as there were with Soaked on GNT and Stay from WAG. Quiet moments to me are another flavor too.

Adam has historically divided his tour shows into specific parts or acts if you will. He has a big opening, a subtler middle and an uplifting ending. He will more than likely plan TOH tour that way also. So IMO the melancholy songs will have a place in the middle.

Adam, now also has a catalog of work to pull from. He will more than likely pick favorites from the past and keep the show jumping and high energy. TOH has very high energy songs too. The Light, Evil In The Night, Ghost Town, These Boys, and Another Lonely Night are high energy IMO.

I just respectfully don't agree that the audience will be quiet and observe his voice and physical beauty. None of his tours, one off shows, or TV performances prove that to be true. And he would never IMO want his audience to do that. ::smile::
hotouthere

Which Bonus Song?

Post by hotouthere »

Carmi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:01 am wrote:Adam has reiterated more times than I can count during TOH promo that this album IS melancholy. Fans that will attend TOH forth coming tour KNOW that going forward. This is not a bad thing, just a different flavor we will get to taste of his voice.

I do not ever think that his audience will be more quite for TOH tour. It is an impossibility that I cannot fathom. I will concede that there will be quite ~moments as there were with Soaked on GNT and Stay from WAG. Quiet moments to me are another flavor too.

Adam has historically divided his tour shows into specific parts or acts if you will. He has a big opening, a subtler middle and an uplifting ending. He will more than likely plan TOH tour that way also. So IMO the melancholy songs will have a place in the middle.

Adam, now also has a catalog of work to pull from. He will more than likely pick favorites from the past and keep the show jumping and high energy. TOH has very high energy songs too. The Light, Evil In The Night, Ghost Town, These Boys, and Another Lonely Night are high energy IMO.

I just respectfully don't agree that the audience will be quiet and observe his voice and physical beauty. None of his tours, one off shows, or TV performances prove that to be true. And he would never IMO want his audience to do that. ::smile::
I don't disagree with you, we were just discussing why Adam should include the bonus songs, especially Shame and These Boys to liven things up without having to go too far into his old catalog. I personally just really look forward to hearing him sing these songs live.
Love2Lurk
Which Bonus Song?

Post by Love2Lurk »

I love the bonus tracks !!! Hoping they are in his tour show as well !!

We all know ....Adam is a master at changing up songs for an amazing performance....

Which is what happened with GT this week..... ::thumbsup::

So far we have only seen promo performances of songs....

Which have been amazing.....however....can be very different that the actual ...tour show version ::thumbsup::

I feel sure Adam's tour show will have some very high energy moments..... ::banana:: ::wheee:: ::woohoo::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
hotouthere

Which Bonus Song?

Post by hotouthere »

I think the tour performances can be higher energy than what we have already seen however, I think that will depend a lot on the band. Brian May knows how to ratchet up the instrumentals in a performance and interact with Adam in an enjoyable, spirited manner.

Adam's backup band members have been using backing tracks and minimal instrumentation. It is not just Adam's performance that will liven things up, the band needs look like they are also enjoying and involved in the performance.

With that said, we also don't want band members interfering with the performance with their own idiosyncrasies, hogging the stage or looking totally bored like we have seen in the past! ::wacko::
3ku1
Which Bonus Song?

Post by 3ku1 »

To be fair reason Queen produces that ecstasy, is familiarity. They are from a classic era, they completely contrast the current music scene. Also its rock, so its purley pure and raw. Adam is doing pop, so could say has not resonated, has not had the time. Look at Katy Perrys hits, can we say she produces that same energy? No her pop songs are no different, all pop is. Adam is prob the only music artist in the world, who can switch between genres, and nail all of them.
3ku1
Which Bonus Song?

Post by 3ku1 »

hotouthere » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:53 pm wrote:I think the tour performances can be higher energy than what we have already seen however, I think that will depend a lot on the band. Brian May knows how to ratchet up the instrumentals in a performance and interact with Adam in an enjoyable, spirited manner.

Adam's backup band members have been using backing tracks and minimal instrumentation. It is not just Adam's performance that will liven things up, the band needs look like they are also enjoying and involved in the performance.

With that said, we also don't want band members interfering with the performance with their own idiosyncrasies, hogging the stage or looking totally bored like we have seen in the past! ::wacko::
I know I Shouldn't, but your last statement, screams Tommy lol.
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2015 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:30 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”