Which Bonus Song?

Which bonus track from TOH is your favorite?

After Hours
20%
Shame
47%
These Boys
33%

Total votes: 15

Paula
Which Bonus Song?

Post by Paula »

Which of the three bonus tracks from TOH is your favorite?
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
crocked
Which Bonus Song?

Post by crocked »

Before I would put These Boys as my fav. Now, both shame and after hours grow on me. I love them all!!!! So I can not vote which song is my fav.
Love2Lurk
Which Bonus Song?

Post by Love2Lurk »

This is a hard one..... ::thinking::

I love them all....and....they have become my favorite of the album ::wub::

Each is so different......yet....so Adam !!!

At first ...These Boys...was my fav.....and....Shame ....makes me smile !!!

After Hours.....is such a smooth vibe & could really be marketable ...IMO

Soooo .....not sure .....love them all ::wub::

I just voted for After Hours.......

I was surprised it had the most votes ::yessss::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
svca

Which Bonus Song?

Post by svca »

I don't care for After Hours, but I love These Boys. I like parts of Shame, but not all of it ::haha::

I know, I know, I'm picky lol.
Love2Lurk
Which Bonus Song?

Post by Love2Lurk »

For me.....it seems Adam's bonus tracks....on both TP & TOH......

Are more Adam's artistry......not a combo of many....even thought they are colabs too.....

I feel his influence on the bonus tracks more ....for some reason.....

I am probably totally wrong.....oh well ::rolleyes::

Anyways ::rolleyes:: .....I love all of Adam's music.,,,,just really love the bonus tracks ::wub:: ::wub::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
DerekMcG
Which Bonus Song?

Post by DerekMcG »

Hi Paula: If I had to choose just one favourite from those three bonus songs, it would be "These Boys." But "Shame" is equally as much fun, and "After Hours" is soooo sexy. Talk about being spoiled for choice!

I see in another poll here that "Shame" and "These Boys" are the fifth and sixth most popular songs from the entire album (even more popular than GT!)---at least among those who have voted:

http://adamlambertmtt.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=719

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Adam's wider fandom feels the same way about those two bonus jewels, and I'm convinced we'll see both of them featured at some point on the TOH tour ::thumbup:: After all, neither of them presents the vocal difficulty of something like "Runnin'," and we have precedence in our favour, since the Glam Nation tour even began with bonus songs ::grin::
3ku1
Which Bonus Song?

Post by 3ku1 »

Personally they are nice songs, but they feel like leftovers to me on an outstanding pop album. They could fit on Katy Perry's next album. I like Shame the best though.
Paula
Which Bonus Song?

Post by Paula »

DerekMcG » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:50 am wrote:Hi Paula: If I had to choose just one favourite from those three bonus songs, it would be "These Boys." But "Shame" is equally as much fun, and "After Hours" is soooo sexy. Talk about being spoiled for choice!

I see in another poll here that "Shame" and "These Boys" are the fifth and sixth most popular songs from the entire album (even more popular than GT!)---at least among those who have voted:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Adam's wider fandom feels the same way about those two bonus jewels, and I'm convinced we'll see both of them featured at some point on the TOH tour ::thumbup:: After all, neither of them presents the vocal difficulty of something like "Runnin'," and we have precedence in our favour, since the Glam Nation tour even began with bonus songs ::grin::
I hope that we see them live! We've already seen AH live! :D
DerekMcG
Which Bonus Song?

Post by DerekMcG »

Paula » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:37 pm wrote:
DerekMcG » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:50 am wrote:Hi Paula: If I had to choose just one favourite from those three bonus songs, it would be "These Boys." But "Shame" is equally as much fun, and "After Hours" is soooo sexy. Talk about being spoiled for choice!

And very seductive that performance of After Hours was too! I honestly didn't think it would translate so well to a live setting. In fact, it was even sexier than the studio recording!
Paula
Which Bonus Song?

Post by Paula »

DerekMcG » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:45 am wrote:
Paula » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:37 pm wrote:

And very seductive that performance of After Hours was too! I honestly didn't think it would translate so well to a live setting. In fact, it was even sexier than the studio recording!
Agreed!!! I couldn't stop watching the video of that for days!
Carmi
Which Bonus Song?

Post by Carmi »

I love all three bonus tracks. So hard to choose just one. Nothing leftover sounding to me at all. Adam said that they were the first songs he recorded in Sweden. I'm sure he has a fondness for them also. Maybe they just didn't create the flow of the story he would be trying to tell with the songs that he did select for the album. But nonetheless he did like them and included them as bonus tracks.

I agree with you Derek. He did use bonus tracks heavily during GNT. I loved Voodoo and Rabbit Hole a lot. I have no doubt that he will use at least After Hours for TOH tour.

When he played Morongo, he sang After Hours (so sexy) and then followed with The Original High. IMO, both songs flowed with each other spectacularly. The fit and flow was heavenly.

He is so creative and smart. Morongo was probably a proving ground to test that combo. I would not be surprised if he didn't have them side by side in the set. ::smile::
Paula
Which Bonus Song?

Post by Paula »

Carmi » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:22 pm wrote:I love all three bonus tracks. So hard to choose just one. Nothing leftover sounding to me at all. Adam said that they were the first songs he recorded in Sweden. I'm sure he has a fondness for them also. Maybe they just didn't create the flow of the story he would be trying to tell with the songs that he did select for the album. But nonetheless he did like them and included them as bonus tracks.

I agree with you Derek. He did use bonus tracks heavily during GNT. I loved Voodoo and Rabbit Hole a lot. I have no doubt that he will use at least After Hours for TOH tour.

When he played Morongo, he sang After Hours (so sexy) and then followed with The Original High. IMO, both songs flowed with each other spectacularly. The fit and flow was heavenly.

He is so creative and smart. Morongo was probably a proving ground to test that combo. I would not be surprised if he didn't have them side by side in the set. ::smile::
I absolutely agree with everything you said! ::thumbsup::
hotouthere

Which Bonus Song?

Post by hotouthere »

If nothing else, Shame and These Boys are spunky and sassy and would be a lighthearted break from the other more melancholy songs.
sandyrk
Which Bonus Song?

Post by sandyrk »

hotouthere » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:18 pm wrote:If nothing else, Shame and These Boys are spunky and sassy and would be a lighthearted break from the other more melancholy songs.
I agree, Rose. I think that the album IS melancholy. Watching QAL, it's interesting to see the difference in tone.
hotouthere

Which Bonus Song?

Post by hotouthere »

sandyrk » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:25 pm wrote:
hotouthere » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:18 pm wrote:If nothing else, Shame and These Boys are spunky and sassy and would be a lighthearted break from the other more melancholy songs.
I agree, Rose. I think that the album IS melancholy. Watching QAL, it's interesting to see the difference in tone.
Hi Sandy!

His album is lovely to listen to but most of the songs definitely don't inspire me to jump, dance and clap to the beat.
hotouthere

Which Bonus Song?

Post by hotouthere »

In comparison with Queen songs, Adam's current album is missing some of the euphoric, lightheartedness that motivates a crowd to experience a certain amount of ecstasy and wild abandon that gets people to their feet!

We will just have to enjoy it in a totally different mindset...just quietly concentrate on enjoying his vocal elegance and his physical beauty!
3ku1
Which Bonus Song?

Post by 3ku1 »

In comparison with Queen songs? Queen songs have nothing to do with TOH. It is a pop album, make more logical sense to compare to other pop songs or albums. When he performs them live people seem uplifted, so don't really get those views.
sandyrk
Which Bonus Song?

Post by sandyrk »

3ku1 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:55 pm wrote:In comparison with Queen songs? Queen songs have nothing to do with TOH. It is a pop album, make more logical sense to compare to other pop songs or albums. When he performs them live people seem uplifted, so don't really get those views.
I do love this new album. But having been at both TOH and QAL shows, there is a difference, which Rose is pointing out. I think that music has just changed, and it is what it is...
I'm pleased that Adam is radio-friendly now...
DerekMcG
Which Bonus Song?

Post by DerekMcG »

hotouthere » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:45 pm wrote:In comparison with Queen songs, Adam's current album is missing some of the euphoric, lightheartedness that motivates a crowd to experience a certain amount of ecstasy and wild abandon that gets people to their feet!
I think that a big part of that euphoria---at least, on the audience's part (and we know that Adam always feeds off the energy of the crowd)--- is due to the familiarity of most of the Queen songs themselves. People like what they know, and the fact that many in the audience would have grown up with these songs must surely make a huge difference in how they react to hearing them. (Of course, it helps that Adam sings them brilliantly!)

I also feel that while there are a handful of Queen songs that show off Adam's voice like none other, plenty of his own music (and I don't just mean the songs he's co-written) also exploits his voice pretty spectacularly ::smile:: And that includes his latest album, of which he's only really scratched the surface so far in live performances. Just wait till the full TOH concerts come along!!
Love2Lurk
Which Bonus Song?

Post by Love2Lurk »

I do agree....when the audience knows the music...as with the Queen songs.....

They react in a more exciting way.....if done well....as Adam does !!

If Adam were not as dynamic as he is when he performs these 'known' songs....the Queen audience would not enjoy it at all .....

Adam's strength is in his live performances...He owns the stage & the audience ::wub:: ...

IMO....with current pop music....most artists seem to restrict themselves while performing their music....to the exact sound that is on the released single.....Adam has done that as well with TOH performances.

There was a big difference in Adam's Ghost Town/Queen version....that other Ghost Town performances we have seen to date....IMO !!!

That live performance...with out being confined by the backing tracts....allowed Adam & Queen to give a natural explosive flow to that song ??? It was amazing !!!

I think when Adam is building TOH tour....He & his band will become more familiar with each other.....creating a higher energy performance !!
Can't wait for ....TOH tour !!! ::thumbsup:: ::thumbsup:: ::wub::
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2015 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:30 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”