Which Bonus Song?

Which bonus track from TOH is your favorite?

After Hours
3
20%
Shame
7
47%
These Boys
5
33%
 
Total votes: 15

User avatar
Paula
Posts: 956
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:04 am
Location:

Which Bonus Song?

#1

Postby Paula » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:30 pm

Which of the three bonus tracks from TOH is your favorite?
Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.

User avatar
crocked
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:21 am
Location:

Which Bonus Song?

#2

Postby crocked » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:36 pm

Before I would put These Boys as my fav. Now, both shame and after hours grow on me. I love them all!!!! So I can not vote which song is my fav.

User avatar
Love2Lurk
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:37 pm
Location:

Which Bonus Song?

#3

Postby Love2Lurk » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:07 pm

This is a hard one..... ::thinking::

I love them all....and....they have become my favorite of the album ::wub::

Each is so different......yet....so Adam !!!

At first ...These Boys...was my fav.....and....Shame ....makes me smile !!!

After Hours.....is such a smooth vibe & could really be marketable ...IMO

Soooo .....not sure .....love them all ::wub::


I just voted for After Hours.......

I was surprised it had the most votes ::yessss::
It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!!

User avatar
svca
Posts: 1376
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:04 pm
Location: California

Which Bonus Song?

#4

Postby svca » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:35 pm

I don't care for After Hours, but I love These Boys. I like parts of Shame, but not all of it ::haha::

I know, I know, I'm picky lol.

User avatar
Love2Lurk
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:37 pm
Location:

Which Bonus Song?

#5

Postby Love2Lurk » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:45 am

For me.....it seems Adam's bonus tracks....on both TP & TOH......

Are more Adam's artistry......not a combo of many....even thought they are colabs too.....

I feel his influence on the bonus tracks more ....for some reason.....

I am probably totally wrong.....oh well ::rolleyes::

Anyways ::rolleyes:: .....I love all of Adam's music.,,,,just really love the bonus tracks ::wub:: ::wub::
It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!!

User avatar
DerekMcG
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:22 am
Location:

Which Bonus Song?

#6

Postby DerekMcG » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:50 am

Hi Paula: If I had to choose just one favourite from those three bonus songs, it would be "These Boys." But "Shame" is equally as much fun, and "After Hours" is soooo sexy. Talk about being spoiled for choice!

I see in another poll here that "Shame" and "These Boys" are the fifth and sixth most popular songs from the entire album (even more popular than GT!)---at least among those who have voted:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=719

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Adam's wider fandom feels the same way about those two bonus jewels, and I'm convinced we'll see both of them featured at some point on the TOH tour ::thumbup:: After all, neither of them presents the vocal difficulty of something like "Runnin'," and we have precedence in our favour, since the Glam Nation tour even began with bonus songs ::grin::

3ku1
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:22 pm
Location:

Which Bonus Song?

#7

Postby 3ku1 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:06 am

Personally they are nice songs, but they feel like leftovers to me on an outstanding pop album. They could fit on Katy Perry's next album. I like Shame the best though.

User avatar
Paula
Posts: 956
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:04 am
Location:

Which Bonus Song?

#8

Postby Paula » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:37 am

DerekMcG » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:50 am wrote:Hi Paula: If I had to choose just one favourite from those three bonus songs, it would be "These Boys." But "Shame" is equally as much fun, and "After Hours" is soooo sexy. Talk about being spoiled for choice!

I see in another poll here that "Shame" and "These Boys" are the fifth and sixth most popular songs from the entire album (even more popular than GT!)---at least among those who have voted:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=719

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Adam's wider fandom feels the same way about those two bonus jewels, and I'm convinced we'll see both of them featured at some point on the TOH tour ::thumbup:: After all, neither of them presents the vocal difficulty of something like "Runnin'," and we have precedence in our favour, since the Glam Nation tour even began with bonus songs ::grin::


I hope that we see them live! We've already seen AH live! :D
Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.

User avatar
DerekMcG
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:22 am
Location:

Which Bonus Song?

#9

Postby DerekMcG » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:45 am

Paula » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:37 pm wrote:
DerekMcG » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:50 am wrote:Hi Paula: If I had to choose just one favourite from those three bonus songs, it would be "These Boys." But "Shame" is equally as much fun, and "After Hours" is soooo sexy. Talk about being spoiled for choice!

I see in another poll here that "Shame" and "These Boys" are the fifth and sixth most popular songs from the entire album (even more popular than GT!)---at least among those who have voted:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=719

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Adam's wider fandom feels the same way about those two bonus jewels, and I'm convinced we'll see both of them featured at some point on the TOH tour ::thumbup:: After all, neither of them presents the vocal difficulty of something like "Runnin'," and we have precedence in our favour, since the Glam Nation tour even began with bonus songs ::grin::


I hope that we see them live! We've already seen AH live! :D


And very seductive that performance of After Hours was too! I honestly didn't think it would translate so well to a live setting. In fact, it was even sexier than the studio recording!

User avatar
Paula
Posts: 956
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:04 am
Location:

Which Bonus Song?

#10

Postby Paula » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:49 am

DerekMcG » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:45 am wrote:
Paula » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:37 pm wrote:
DerekMcG » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:50 am wrote:Hi Paula: If I had to choose just one favourite from those three bonus songs, it would be "These Boys." But "Shame" is equally as much fun, and "After Hours" is soooo sexy. Talk about being spoiled for choice!

I see in another poll here that "Shame" and "These Boys" are the fifth and sixth most popular songs from the entire album (even more popular than GT!)---at least among those who have voted:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=719

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Adam's wider fandom feels the same way about those two bonus jewels, and I'm convinced we'll see both of them featured at some point on the TOH tour ::thumbup:: After all, neither of them presents the vocal difficulty of something like "Runnin'," and we have precedence in our favour, since the Glam Nation tour even began with bonus songs ::grin::


I hope that we see them live! We've already seen AH live! :D


And very seductive that performance of After Hours was too! I honestly didn't think it would translate so well to a live setting. In fact, it was even sexier than the studio recording!


Agreed!!! I couldn't stop watching the video of that for days!
Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.

User avatar
Carmi
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:14 pm
Location:

Which Bonus Song?

#11

Postby Carmi » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:22 pm

I love all three bonus tracks. So hard to choose just one. Nothing leftover sounding to me at all. Adam said that they were the first songs he recorded in Sweden. I'm sure he has a fondness for them also. Maybe they just didn't create the flow of the story he would be trying to tell with the songs that he did select for the album. But nonetheless he did like them and included them as bonus tracks.

I agree with you Derek. He did use bonus tracks heavily during GNT. I loved Voodoo and Rabbit Hole a lot. I have no doubt that he will use at least After Hours for TOH tour.

When he played Morongo, he sang After Hours (so sexy) and then followed with The Original High. IMO, both songs flowed with each other spectacularly. The fit and flow was heavenly.

He is so creative and smart. Morongo was probably a proving ground to test that combo. I would not be surprised if he didn't have them side by side in the set. ::smile::

User avatar
Paula
Posts: 956
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:04 am
Location:

Which Bonus Song?

#12

Postby Paula » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:45 pm

Carmi » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:22 pm wrote:I love all three bonus tracks. So hard to choose just one. Nothing leftover sounding to me at all. Adam said that they were the first songs he recorded in Sweden. I'm sure he has a fondness for them also. Maybe they just didn't create the flow of the story he would be trying to tell with the songs that he did select for the album. But nonetheless he did like them and included them as bonus tracks.

I agree with you Derek. He did use bonus tracks heavily during GNT. I loved Voodoo and Rabbit Hole a lot. I have no doubt that he will use at least After Hours for TOH tour.

When he played Morongo, he sang After Hours (so sexy) and then followed with The Original High. IMO, both songs flowed with each other spectacularly. The fit and flow was heavenly.

He is so creative and smart. Morongo was probably a proving ground to test that combo. I would not be surprised if he didn't have them side by side in the set. ::smile::


I absolutely agree with everything you said! ::thumbsup::
Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.

User avatar
hotouthere
Posts: 650
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Arizona

Which Bonus Song?

#13

Postby hotouthere » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:18 pm

If nothing else, Shame and These Boys are spunky and sassy and would be a lighthearted break from the other more melancholy songs.

User avatar
sandyrk
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:09 pm
Location:

Which Bonus Song?

#14

Postby sandyrk » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:25 pm

hotouthere » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:18 pm wrote:If nothing else, Shame and These Boys are spunky and sassy and would be a lighthearted break from the other more melancholy songs.

I agree, Rose. I think that the album IS melancholy. Watching QAL, it's interesting to see the difference in tone.

User avatar
hotouthere
Posts: 650
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Arizona

Which Bonus Song?

#15

Postby hotouthere » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:34 pm

sandyrk » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:25 pm wrote:
hotouthere » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:18 pm wrote:If nothing else, Shame and These Boys are spunky and sassy and would be a lighthearted break from the other more melancholy songs.

I agree, Rose. I think that the album IS melancholy. Watching QAL, it's interesting to see the difference in tone.


Hi Sandy!

His album is lovely to listen to but most of the songs definitely don't inspire me to jump, dance and clap to the beat.

User avatar
hotouthere
Posts: 650
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Arizona

Which Bonus Song?

#16

Postby hotouthere » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:45 pm

In comparison with Queen songs, Adam's current album is missing some of the euphoric, lightheartedness that motivates a crowd to experience a certain amount of ecstasy and wild abandon that gets people to their feet!

We will just have to enjoy it in a totally different mindset...just quietly concentrate on enjoying his vocal elegance and his physical beauty!

3ku1
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:22 pm
Location:

Which Bonus Song?

#17

Postby 3ku1 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:55 pm

In comparison with Queen songs? Queen songs have nothing to do with TOH. It is a pop album, make more logical sense to compare to other pop songs or albums. When he performs them live people seem uplifted, so don't really get those views.


Return to “The Lesser Used Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests