"Welcome to the Show" New Single

rustycat

Post by rustycat »

3ku1 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:01 pm wrote:Wtts going viral in Nz. First time ever Wtts.enters the Nz Top 50 Viral Tracks at #24. Going to be a hit here. Was also the most requested song last night on.Zm. ONE of Nz biggest rs ::grin:: .

FANTASTIC!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Kathy Katz Retweeted
Marilyn Cole ‏@ripleysmom 21m21 minutes ago
SINGLE REVIEW: Adam Lambert – Welcome To The Show http://thomasbleach.com/2016/03/23/sing ... -the-show/ … via @wordpressdotcom
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Wtts was just played again. Debuting #2 on Discover five. Which is the top five hottest or future breaking hits. Wtts is gonna blow up.here. I remember this response with Wwfm
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

AnnieT ‎‎@AnnieWT
Over 1 Million Streams!!! 1,006,811 #iHeartAwards #BestFanArmy #Glamberts
Adam Lambert • #WelcomeToTheShow
4:25 PM - 24 Mar 2016
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

digitalspy 24h24 hours ago
Listen to the hottest new tracks from Iggy Azalea, Adam Lambert and Ariana Grande:
http://go.dspy.me/aHQh

CelebritiesRep 11h11 hours ago
Adam Lambert Posted Instagram Photo & Videos: #WelcomeToTheShow backstage turn up #AdamLambert http://celebritiesreport.com/?p=172622

sh3rylt 11h11 hours ago
Ooh #WelcomeToTheShow got on 987's Hot 20 countdown today & it's already at #7! \o/ :)) http://radio.toggle.sg/en/987-fm/hot20/ ... 16-6245326

IvaaLambert 11h11 hours ago
On bestellers list in Poland WTTS is jumping over #3 and #2 places- currently WTTS is #2 :) http://www.empik.com/muzyka-mp3

_AOStarlighter_ 10h10 hours ago
The Spotify Viral Chart: A New Metric for a New Age https://www.spotifyartists.com/spotify-viralchart/ … (WTTS debuted on NZ Viral #24)

Blinglam 9h9 hours ago
Adam Lambert’s back with TWO new singles! - http://populove.net/adam-lamberts-back-two-new-singles/

AnnieWT 4h4 hours ago
Over 1 Million Streams!!! 1,006,811 #iHeartAwards #BestFanArmy #Glamberts
Adam Lambert • #WelcomeToTheShow

CELEBUZZ 3h3 hours ago
The 10 best new songs of the week feat. @AdamLambert, @ArianaGrande, @Tinashe, and more: http://celeb.bz/1Udb0bk

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

DabrinaRolf 14h14 hours ago
@adamlambert played Welcome to the Show bowling tonight
CLICK HERE:

ardanradio 12h12 hours ago
@ArianaGrande - Dangerous Woman
NEW ENTRY!
***Hot Shoot Debut***
@adamlambert ft @laleh - Welcome To The Show
#FLIGHT40 No.270

TALCvids 2h2 hours ago
TALCvids Retweeted welcoмe тo тнe ѕнow
Yay!! Adam Lambert's #WelcomeToTheShow over 1.2 Million streams!

TALCvids added,
welcoмe тo тнe ѕнow @goldandleather
WTTS Spotify: 1,134,047 > 1,243,514!

"It is what it is!"
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Wtts gone up to #26 on nz top 50 viral.
Ohawk

Post by Ohawk »

WTTS was playing to open the Elite 8 NCAA game tonight on CBS!!
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

I've been lukewarm on this song---purely as a song; after all, Adam's vocals are flawless, and you couldn't ask for more nuanced, sensitive singing---but in spite of myself, I can't get certain phrases out of my head ::smile:: ("They feel like me out there," "My li-i-i-fe," etc.) It's a sneaky little grower ::haha::

I wonder if it's having the same impact on others? For me, this is a song that unlike, say, "Can't Go Home," takes several playings to get under one's skin.

I've been keeping an eye on the song on YouTube over the last 24 hours, and I see that the official audio has gone from 332,964 to 345,514 during that period, while the American Idol video (official version; I wish others wouldn't upload it) has jumped from 541,613 to 569,043. Not bad!
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

DerekMcG » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:58 pm wrote:I've been lukewarm on this song---purely as a song; after all, Adam's vocals are flawless, and you couldn't ask for more nuanced, sensitive singing---but in spite of myself, I can't get certain phrases out of my head ::smile:: ("They feel like me out there," "My li-i-i-fe," etc.) It's a sneaky little grower

I wonder if it's having the same impact on others? For me, this is a song that unlike, say, "Can't Go Home," takes several playings to get under one's skin.

I've been keeping an eye on the song on YouTube over the last 24 hours, and I see that the official audio has gone from 332,964 to 345,514 during that period, while the American Idol video (official version; I wish others wouldn't upload it) has jumped from 541,613 to 569,043. Not bad!
Funny I loved wtts on first listin. Cgh too.
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Christine ‏@tinydolly Here is the full clip of @adamlambert during the NCAA playoffs! http://youtu.be/ypegCSm6eK4
Mar 26, 2016 #MarchMadness on CBS TV ::yessss:: ::thumbsup:: ...
[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypegCSm ... e=youtu.be[/bbvideo]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

TALCvids 23h23 hours ago
TALCvids Retweeted Ali K
Look! A convenient Double Whammy playlist. *plays on repeat* TALCvids added,
Ali K @Alikat1323
I made a playlist for streaming WTTS & CGH on S p o t i f y here … (It might only play WTTS if CGH isn't working yet)
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

swiftee14 15h15 hours ago
The cutest Chibi I had ever seen by @creativesharka #Glamberts #BestFanArmy #IHeartAwards

"It is what it is!"
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

DerekMcG » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:58 pm wrote:I've been lukewarm on this song---purely as a song; after all, Adam's vocals are flawless, and you couldn't ask for more nuanced, sensitive singing---but in spite of myself, I can't get certain phrases out of my head ::smile:: ("They feel like me out there," "My li-i-i-fe," etc.) It's a sneaky little grower ::haha::

So happy to see you here Derek! ~waving from the other side of the world~

Like you, I wasn't crazy about it at first, but it's DEFINITELY grown on me, especially after the AI performance. I really wish that the label would get behind it as a single . . . it's extremely catchy, Adam's vocals are to die for, and it's just so much better than most songs that I hear on the radio nowadays.
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

marlock276 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:26 pm wrote:
DerekMcG » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:58 pm wrote:I've been lukewarm on this song---purely as a song; after all, Adam's vocals are flawless, and you couldn't ask for more nuanced, sensitive singing---but in spite of myself, I can't get certain phrases out of my head ::smile:: ("They feel like me out there," "My li-i-i-fe," etc.) It's a sneaky little grower ::haha::

Like you, I wasn't crazy about it at first, but it's DEFINITELY grown on me, especially after the AI performance. I really wish that the label would get behind it as a single . . . it's extremely catchy, Adam's vocals are to die for, and it's just so much better than most songs that I hear on the radio nowadays.

all the different opinions are so interesting...when I first heard WTTS I liked it a lot but immediately thought it was not for radio -- usa radio that is. Just did not think it was made for radio here. On the other hand I thought it was absolutely perfect for commercial opportunities and that Warner needed to get its sync department on that stat...just a perfect song to be used in tv commercials, for sporting events etc. It has turned out to be one of his earwormiest songs for me...really just stuck in my head.....I do think fans need to have a better understanding of the economics of the record business; after ALN, no third single, whether it was from TOH or a new standalone offering, was going to get a label push in the usa. If for some reason it took off virally, or they get it a great commercial placement that makes it take off virally/organically, then at that point the label might devote resources to pushing it. But absent that, any new single (again whether from TOH or something new) is really just for the fans, for overseas markets and to have something new to sing on tour (he got more press from singing a new song on Idol than if he had sung TOH). The next big single push for Adam will be when he is ready to release a new album
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Yeah usually when theirs a big single push is when theirs an album to.support. Looks like after Queen tours done. Adam well take some time off. And bring out a new album in.the Spring. Based on.what he said. Wtts was a great move tho. Got more publicity.then any of the other toh songs would. Toh era aint dead for now. Just he has a new single haha. It has dropped off top 50 charts on spotify here unfortunately tho. And iTunes. But hopefully it starts getting airplay.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

ScorpioBert 22m22 minutes ago
New Music! Welcome To the Show - A Little Bit Pop Punk http://bit.ly/1RNMgzY

idolator 17m17 minutes ago
We speak to @laleh about that @adamlambert collab & writing hits with @ddlovato: http://idola.to/235qwaN
"It is what it is!"
crocked

Post by crocked »

madamimadam » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:26 pm wrote:TALCvids 23h23 hours ago
TALCvids Retweeted Ali K
Look! A convenient Double Whammy playlist. *plays on repeat* TALCvids added,
Ali K @Alikat1323
I made a playlist for streaming WTTS & CGH on S p o t i f y here … (It might only play WTTS if CGH isn't working yet)
OK... I am in.... and loving it !! Thank you for making it possible... 1 hour of playing would have ~ 15 streams and if the computer is turned on 24 hours...360 streams !! I computed it assuming the song is 4 min... In a month, it would be 10800 streams, and it will just take 100 of us to make it more than 1 million streams in a month!
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

rustycat » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:22 am wrote:
marlock276 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:26 pm wrote:

all the different opinions are so interesting...when I first heard WTTS I liked it a lot but immediately thought it was not for radio -- usa radio that is. Just did not think it was made for radio here. On the other hand I thought it was absolutely perfect for commercial opportunities and that Warner needed to get its sync department on that stat...just a perfect song to be used in tv commercials, for sporting events etc. It has turned out to be one of his earwormiest songs for me...really just stuck in my head.....I do think fans need to have a better understanding of the economics of the record business; after ALN, no third single, whether it was from TOH or a new standalone offering, was going to get a label push in the usa. If for some reason it took off virally, or they get it a great commercial placement that makes it take off virally/organically, then at that point the label might devote resources to pushing it. But absent that, any new single (again whether from TOH or something new) is really just for the fans, for overseas markets and to have something new to sing on tour (he got more press from singing a new song on Idol than if he had sung TOH). The next big single push for Adam will be when he is ready to release a new album
Thanks for welcoming me back, Cindy!

WTTS continues to grow on me, and I loved Adam's AI performance of it. It's amazing how similar he sounds on both the live performance and the recording. (Poor Laleh, on the other hand, had pitch problems on the AI performance, especially on that off-key shriek near the end.)

But I'm still not convinced that it's a radio-friendly song; like Rusty, I think it's better suited to sporting/stadium events, commercials, and the like. It reminds me of (the song) Trespassing in that respect. In fact, just last week most of Trespassing was played on Korean TV during the highlights of an international soccer game, and it was the perfect accompaniment!

I still feel that TOH, and to a slightly lesser extent Underground (which I see, by the way, has racked up plenty of views on YouTube) and Rumors, would have been far more radio-ready than WTTS, even without a major push by Warners. (One thing's for sure: very few of us here wanted ALN to be the second single---and for good reason, as it's turned out!) Yes, I know that TOH didn't chart in Poland, Australia or NZ, but not every country embraced Ghost Town either, and that song still did very well overall internationally.

Still, even if I'm wrong about WTTS's radio chances (and I hope I am!), it's certainly going to remain a crowd favourite at Adam's concerts.

And a crazy thought occurs: wouldn't it be just perfect if the song were to be featured as the opener at the coming QAL concerts? ::grin::
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

Welp,Shosh responded to someone on twitter five hours ago that WTTS was the single. I don't even know what that means anymore. ::haha:: ::wacko:: Funny thing is, she didn't do her usual delete of the tweet. That's very odd for her. She always deletes.

Will it get an add date? Do we start requesting? Those twitter questions she is NOT answering.lol Is this all a bad April Fools? ::icant:: ::hysterical:: ::whistle::

Shoshanna Stone....Woman Of Mystery... ::crylaugh:: Stay tuned.
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2016 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:31 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2016 Adam Music”