"Can't Go Home Like This" - Steve Aoki & Felix Jaehn ft. Adam Lambert

3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Dude you can sing the phonebook! The dawg was right. This could cross ovrr to mainstream pop. Sounds like Steve wants radio play.
Paula

Post by Paula »

AHHHHHHHH!! Sounds amazing!!! I love this so much. I'm going to make an Adam mix CD to play on the way to the concert and on the way home, and this is going on there for SURE!
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

Sealuv » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:47 pm wrote:in my little world of listening to current tracks on Top 40... am thinking CGH has a good chance of hitting it big......
EDM tracks are not a scarcity for Top 40....and adam's vulnerable vocals is a big plus for the lyrics.......he is the track's foundation........really believe this could be a winner ...and Steve seems to be very comfortable in giving credit where it is due......a cool dude, in my book.
I think fans in the USA really need to remember that Aoki is not a mainstream radio guy here. He gets dance radio play. that's pretty much it....maybe some play on edm/dance syndicated shows that play on chr stations late at night. He has his own label. he doesn't have a major label radio promotion staff pushing his stuff to mainstream radio.....there is no indication that this song is being marketed to mainstream radio...I see lot of fans expecting that this will be a mainstream radio song but there is no indication of that and no past Aoki track record to base it on. Certainly has potential to get lots of dance radio play, and it looks like that's already started...would be great for adam to get more exposure in that format. LMD charted on the dance radio format in the USA
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

rustycat » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:35 pm wrote:
Sealuv » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:47 pm wrote:in my little world of listening to current tracks on Top 40... am thinking CGH has a good chance of hitting it big......
EDM tracks are not a scarcity for Top 40....and adam's vulnerable vocals is a big plus for the lyrics.......he is the track's foundation........really believe this could be a winner ...and Steve seems to be very comfortable in giving credit where it is due......a cool dude, in my book.
I think fans in the USA really need to remember that Aoki is not a mainstream radio guy here. He gets dance radio play. that's pretty much it....maybe some play on edm/dance syndicated shows that play on chr stations late at night. He has his own label. he doesn't have a major label radio promotion staff pushing his stuff to mainstream radio.....there is no indication that this song is being marketed to mainstream radio...I see lot of fans expecting that this will be a mainstream radio song but there is no indication of that and no past Aoki track record to base it on. Certainly has potential to get lots of dance radio play, and it looks like that's already started...would be great for adam to get more exposure in that format. LMD charted on the dance radio format in the USA
thanx rusty for the info...was thinking earlier today about how Aoki promoted his music....
was curious how Avicii got Wake Me Up mainstream?.....major label push?

Aoki did tweet for fans to push CGH to radio play via requesting ..guess his way of marketing?
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Steve Aoki ✔‎@steveaoki
MAJOR FEELS w/ @FelixJaehn + @AdamLambert for CAN'T GO HOME! Out everywhere! Grab it here: http://smarturl.it/CantGoHome
6:12 PM - 25 Mar 2016

Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Felix Jaehn ✔‎@FelixJaehn
#CantGoHome together w/ @steveaoki & @adamlambert is OUT NOW!
Stream & Download: http://smarturl.it/CantGoHome
6:11 PM - 25 Mar 2016

Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

steveaoki
Me and @adamlambert got those major feels so we had to do this pose for our new song w/ @felixjaehn #CantGoHome out now everywhere around the world!! Wooohoooo ❤️ Link in bio!
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

Beiber also had great success with his EDM hit Where Are You Now with Diplo and Skrillex. I hope that CGH translates to Top 40 mainstream for Adam, Felix and Aoki too. I can dream. Dream are free. ::haha:: It can happen. ::sorcerer::
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Adam commented on the video

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxWbpdE ... e=youtu.be[/bbvideo]

rustycat

Post by rustycat »

Sealuv » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:36 pm wrote:
rustycat » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:35 pm wrote:
thanx rusty for the info...was thinking earlier today about how Aoki promoted his music....
was curious how Avicii got Wake Me Up mainstream?.....major label push?

Aoki did tweet for fans to push CGH to radio play via requesting ..guess his way of marketing?
yes...avicii's True era singles and album were all released by a major label and got a major label radio push and promotion
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

RaveologyEDM Mar 24
Big thanks to @peoplemag for premiering my single CAN'T GO HOME with the yung gun @felixjaehn and featuring the one…

ScorpioBert 20h20 hours ago
Adam Lambert - Can't Go Home http://peoplem.ag/OWlh2PC http://bit.ly/1T8Fdab

TALCvids 9h9 hours ago
wbr IG: Have you heard @steveaoki's "Can't Go Home" featuring @adamlambert

steveaoki 5h5 hours ago
Me+ @adamlambert got major feels so we did this pose for #CantGoHome w/ @felixjaehn out now! http://smarturl.it/CantGoHome

SusieFierce 4h4 hours ago
Steve's got it bad... :)))

TALCvids 2h2 hours ago
Listen to @steveaoki, @FelixJaehn & @adamlambert Collab 'Can't Go Home' http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... home-dance … via @billboard #cantgohome

TALCvids 7h7 hours ago
Steve Aoki FB: MAJOR FEELS with Felix Jaehn and Adam Lambert for our single CAN'T GO HOME!! (video)

lilybop2010 6h6 hours ago
Steve Aoki talks about @AdamLambert #CantGoHome ~6:20
GRAMMY Pro Interview w/ Steve Aoki At Miami Music Week 2016 https://youtu.be/6ImX_XMZLDY

lilybop2010 1h1 hour ago
Steve Aoki: "His voice is absolutely incredible and perfect for this track."
IG video:

lilybop2010 5h5 hours ago
Extended Official version! Steve Aoki & Felix Jaehn #CantGoHome Can't Go Home Ft. Adam Lambert #WelcomeToTheShow
https://youtu.be/cxWbpdEtOQ0
"It is what it is!"
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I am loving this song..... wishing I could get it on iTunes ::flowers::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Love2Lurk » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:48 pm wrote:I am loving this song..... wishing I could get it on iTunes ::flowers::
Why can't you get it on iTunes? It's on all around the world!!!!
"It is what it is!"
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

madamimadam » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:53 pm wrote:
Love2Lurk » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:48 pm wrote:I am loving this song..... wishing I could get it on iTunes ::flowers::
Why can't you get it on iTunes? It's on all around the world!!!!
How is it listed.....have looked under ....Adam Lambert & Can't Go Home .....

must be me ::wacko:: ::whut:: ::haha::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

NVM.......just found it ::duh:: ::thinking:: ::haha::
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

::wheee:: listening on repeat now ::banana:: ::banana:: ::wheee::

carry on....Imma idiot ::duh:: ::haha::
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

I'm really excited about "Can't Go Home." The lyrics are gorgeous (favourite lines: "When the bed's half-made and the light's blown out/We can build our fate over hollow ground"), the melody is irresistible, and the production is perfect! It's also one of those seamless gems that features a verse that's every bit as memorable as the terrific pre-chorus and chorus.

But it's Adam's vocal that lifts the song into another dimension. He's somehow sexy and vulnerable at the same time---God, what phrasing! He's doing so much with his voice and the words here (favourite moment: the way he sings "Got my heart on a string behind you").

I predict this song is going to fly through sheer word of mouth!
svca

Post by svca »

Derek !!! ::hello:: ::hello:: ::hello::

Long time no see you !!

I like the song too....hunting for it on Itunes today....I made the mistake of updating my Itunes last week and now it looks totally different and I can't find a damn thing ::laughing::

I looked under Steve Aoki but I couldn't find the song either, so don't feel bad L2L.

I'm just so excited to have 2 new songs from Adam ::wootdance:: ::wootdance:: ::wootdance::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

So good to see you, Derek! It's been a minute! ::hugkissblush::
"It is what it is!"
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

madamimadam » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:13 pm wrote:So good to see you, Derek! It's been a minute! ::hugkissblush::
Thanks, svca and Marie! (Sadly, Real Life had nabbed me.)

svca: You should be able to find Can't Go Home on iTunes listed under Adam Lambert. That's where I found it on NZiTunes, anyway---though I did have to scroll down quite a bit.

I love the cleaner, crisper sound compared with the YouTube reproduction.

We really were spoilt with two singles merely a week apart. And it's interesting: almost no one seems to love them both equally. (That goes for me too.) The popular/snarky UK pop music site, popjustice.com, for example, surprised me by choosing "Welcome to the Show" as the best new release of the week last Friday; yesterday, by contrast, it dismissed "Can't Go Home" as "not very good." I suspect popjustice is in the minority there, though.

It's going to very interesting seeing how both singles fare, not just on iTunes, Spotify, etc, but on radio. Of course, "Welcome to the Show" has already been picked up by at least one US radio station; will "Can't Go Home" end up getting added courtesy of public demand? Now that would be something ::smile::
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2016 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:31 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2016 Adam Music”