Suggestions, Tips and Help

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Paula wrote:How do I get rid of the little up & down arrows in the lower right hand corner? Or can I get rid of them?
They're there to stay. You can't get rid of them, BB.

If enough people tell me they don't like them, I can remove them but that will be for EVERYONE...

Speak up, peeps!

Yay or nay?
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

madamimadam wrote:
Paula wrote:How do I get rid of the little up & down arrows in the lower right hand corner? Or can I get rid of them?
They're there to stay. You can't get rid of them, BB.

If enough people tell me they don't like them, I can remove them but that will be for EVERYONE...

Speak up, peeps!

Yay or nay?
I vote nay, only because they don't do anything except bring you to the bottom of the board, or to the top of the board. I'd like to access what's in between, so they're kind of useless to me.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

I really like the arrows and love that we now have a down arrow ::thumbup:: as well as an up so now we can go right to the last post instead of having to scroll all the way down if you want to post something.

We've always had to scroll to see each post, so the only thing that is different is the down arrow. You could always hit the Top icon on the old board if you wanted to go right back to the top of the thread.

Nobody has to use the arrows unless they want to but for those that like them, they are a bonus. ::grin:: ::yes::
graceinc

Which VPN is recommended?

Post by graceinc »

Here, anyone uses a VPN? To watch Australian channels outside AU. One which does not keeps logs and also not very expensive.

Regards

Recently, during my search for a vpn to watch Australian Channels outside AU. I came across this blog for PureVPN which also provides the feature to get a Dedicated IP with DDos protection.
Here is the article which i came across: https://www.vpnranks.com/purevpn-review/add-ons/

I guess this would also help people who are not aware of the dedicated IP feature on a VPN.
Paula

Post by Paula »

graceinc wrote:Here, anyone uses a VPN? To watch Australian channels outside AU. One which does not keeps logs and also not very expensive.

Regards
The app Hola is good, and it's free.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I use ExpressVPN, but it's $100 a year.
"It is what it is!"
graceinc

Post by graceinc »

madamimadam wrote:I use ExpressVPN, but it's $100 a year.
Have you got a dedicated IP with Express vpn? I think it adds- up to the usual subscription cost?
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

graceinc wrote:
madamimadam wrote:I use ExpressVPN, but it's $100 a year.
Have you got a dedicated IP with Express vpn? I think it adds- up to the usual subscription cost?
All I know is that when I turn it on and pretend I'm in Switzerland or England or wherever, my IP address changes. I don't know what you mean by "dedicated"...
"It is what it is!"
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Luv the down arrow....such a great convenience to speed up and eliminate the incessant
scrolling required to access all of the fun/information that the internet provides.
Especially Adam stuff of course! ::yessss:: ::thumbsup:: ::wub::
graceinc

Post by graceinc »

As per my knowledge, a user is provided a shared IP with a VPN connection. For example if you connect your vpn once you might be having a masking IP from say New Zealand may be. Disconnect and connect again you might be having an IP from somewhere in Australia.
With a dedicated IP the vpn provider assigns you with a fixed IP address like if you choose to go online from a USA IP address say NewYork every time you connect you will be going with the same location.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Should there be threads made for the stuff in the upcoming events without their own threads post, LIKE the Glamour Awards 2017? If someone wanted to go back and find pictures & tweets from that event, they wouldn't be able to, because there's no separate thread for it.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Paula, I think that making a new thread for every event Adam attends would cause too much clutter. Some of these events are only brief appearances attended by Adam and he is not the main attraction (except for his glamberts!). I think the Events Without Their Own Threads serves its purpose just fine as a catch all for these less significant appearances.
Aviddem

Post by Aviddem »

I can't view many of the pages in the QAL concert threads because of frequent page reloads and eventual page crashes. Is it just me? I'm on an iPad Air 2.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Aviddem wrote:I can't view many of the pages in the QAL concert threads because of frequent page reloads and eventual page crashes. Is it just me? I'm on an iPad Air 2.
Try deleting all the board cookies (bottom right). But with the way we post tweets now, pages do take longer to load, but it shouldn't be crashing.
"It is what it is!"
Aviddem

Post by Aviddem »

madamimadam wrote:
Aviddem wrote:I can't view many of the pages in the QAL concert threads because of frequent page reloads and eventual page crashes. Is it just me? I'm on an iPad Air 2.
Try deleting all the board cookies (bottom right). But with the way we post tweets now, pages do take longer to load, but it shouldn't be crashing.

Cool, I'll try that and report back if I keep having problems. Thanks! ::flowers::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Aviddem wrote:
madamimadam wrote:

Cool, I'll try that and report back if I keep having problems. Thanks! ::flowers::
My pleasure! ::hello::
"It is what it is!"
Ohawk

Post by Ohawk »

Hello! I really enjoy this site and come every day. It makes me log back in every day though, so can you assist with that? Sorry if already covered here..I’ve PM’d several times but no response and just saw this thread. Thanks for your help and the wonderful board!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Ohawk wrote:Hello! I really enjoy this site and come every day. It makes me log back in every day though, so can you assist with that? Sorry if already covered here..I’ve PM’d several times but no response and just saw this thread. Thanks for your help and the wonderful board!
Hi!

I never got any PM's from you... ::no::

Let me check with Vampfire if she can work some magic on your account. ::yes::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam wrote:
Ohawk wrote:Hello! I really enjoy this site and come every day. It makes me log back in every day though, so can you assist with that? Sorry if already covered here..I’ve PM’d several times but no response and just saw this thread. Thanks for your help and the wonderful board!
Hi!

I never got any PM's from you... ::no::

Let me check with Vampfire if she can work some magic on your account. ::yes::
Did you click on "Remember me"?
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Hi Ohawk.......Not sure what is happening. Are you logging out each time? The only thing, that I know of is not to log out when you are finished. This should keep you continually logged in. Hope this helps you out and am sorry you were not answered as I never saw your pms about this. If this doesn't help you, I am not sure what else can be done.:)

Oh! I see Marie beat me on this. Hopefully Vampire has a better answer than mine. ::yes::

Return to “Let's Talk!”