Which VPN is recommended?

graceinc

Postby graceinc » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:19 am

Here, anyone uses a VPN? To watch Australian channels outside AU. One which does not keeps logs and also not very expensive.

Regards

Recently, during my search for a vpn to watch Australian Channels outside AU. I came across this blog for PureVPN which also provides the feature to get a Dedicated IP with DDos protection.
Here is the article which i came across: https://www.vpnranks.com/purevpn-review/add-ons/

I guess this would also help people who are not aware of the dedicated IP feature on a VPN.

Paula

Postby Paula » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:34 am

graceinc wrote:Here, anyone uses a VPN? To watch Australian channels outside AU. One which does not keeps logs and also not very expensive.

Regards

The app Hola is good, and it's free.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby madamimadam » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:13 am

I use ExpressVPN, but it's $100 a year.
"It is what it is!"

graceinc

Postby graceinc » Wed May 03, 2017 5:52 am

madamimadam wrote:I use ExpressVPN, but it's $100 a year.

Have you got a dedicated IP with Express vpn? I think it adds- up to the usual subscription cost?

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby madamimadam » Wed May 03, 2017 6:42 am

graceinc wrote:
madamimadam wrote:I use ExpressVPN, but it's $100 a year.

Have you got a dedicated IP with Express vpn? I think it adds- up to the usual subscription cost?

All I know is that when I turn it on and pretend I'm in Switzerland or England or wherever, my IP address changes. I don't know what you mean by "dedicated"...
"It is what it is!"

graceinc

Postby graceinc » Wed May 10, 2017 3:37 am

As per my knowledge, a user is provided a shared IP with a VPN connection. For example if you connect your vpn once you might be having a masking IP from say New Zealand may be. Disconnect and connect again you might be having an IP from somewhere in Australia.
With a dedicated IP the vpn provider assigns you with a fixed IP address like if you choose to go online from a USA IP address say NewYork every time you connect you will be going with the same location.

Moved from Let's Talk! to The Lesser Used Threads on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:10 pm by madamimadam

Return to “The Lesser Used Threads”