***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

svca » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:14 pm wrote:
infinite » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:13 am wrote:Adding my two cents.... ::tomato::

I was happy as you added the "Gabfest" thread because I missed the conversation too.
And there was conversation, but IMHO we are dumping to much information/tweets/pictures in this thread.
Don't get me wrong of course we should post these things but I think it's better if we post only things we want to talk about and other things in the specific threads. Because too much information in here slows the conversation down.
In addition to that ....real life and baby stuff is keeping me busy at the moment and the timezone is a issue for me too.
Sneaking in here before work to agree with Infinite...

And to give her hugs for the baby news!!!!Yayyyyyyy! Congrats, and how exciting ::flowers:: ::flowers::
Awww.... Thank you ::huggy::
svca

Post by svca »

madamimadam » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:57 am wrote:I saw an interview with Boy George a while ago (I think the interview was a few years old) and he is so savvy and intelligent. He's all grown up now. ::yes::
I've seen a couple of interviews with him, and he IS very thoughtful and intelligent. It's so nice to see someone that has made their share of mistakes, but turned their life around like that. I showed the interview to my son and he was impressed.

He's really skinny now though, almost too skinny.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:17 am wrote:
madamimadam » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:57 am wrote:I saw an interview with Boy George a while ago (I think the interview was a few years old) and he is so savvy and intelligent. He's all grown up now. ::yes::
I've seen a couple of interviews with him, and he IS very thoughtful and intelligent. It's so nice to see someone that has made their share of mistakes, but turned their life around like that. I showed the interview to my son and he was impressed.

He's really skinny now though, almost too skinny.
It's strange to watch artists go through their lives in the media.

I have watched Queen - Days of Our Lives many times, and they, too, did plenty of drugs, women, excess and yet they came through it healthy and strong.

I wonder what it is that makes some people 'survive' their wild youths and others not (Elvis for example)....
"It is what it is!"
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

For me the individual threads are just for getting Information - there is no way to have a conversation among and between the endless stream of pics, Videos, tweets and links.
That basically leaves the "This and That" thread and the Gabfest.

At the Moment Adams timeline suits me just fine because of the same timeline but on the other hand this is my busiest work week of the year, so not much time other then checking in briefly.

We all are coming from different countries, backgrounds and also Age.
I also want to talk about Adams looks, what is he wearing or enjoy seeing him in pics with cute guys. I am not just "here for the music". For those who are there are enough threads just about Adams concerts and events.

And for me lively discussions means also to disagree on certain things without being called out. I loved Adams outfit for the Radio interviews (black leather coat and White Jeans) and then I was disappointed when I saw his boring suit for the Attitude Event.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I think to make it easier (and perhaps clearer) for everyone, I am going to lock the This and That thread which was created at IDF because we weren't allowed to have 'non-Adam' threads. I carried it in here when I set up MTT.

With the advent of our Gabfest thread where EVERYTHING goes, we don't really need it anymore.

Off to lock the This and That thread.

::hello::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Home of the "This and That" news/info/etc.

Post by madamimadam »

This thread served us well when we didn't have our Gabfest thread. It has now served its purpose and is no longer needed.

::hello::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Waving bye bye to our old friend, the This & That thread ::cryblownose:: ::cryblownose::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:39 am wrote:Waving bye bye to our old friend, the This & That thread ::cryblownose:: ::cryblownose::

*sings Auld Lang Syne*
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

madamimadam » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:40 am wrote:
svca » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:39 am wrote:Waving bye bye to our old friend, the This & That thread ::cryblownose:: ::cryblownose::

*sings Auld Lang Syne*

No singing ::nono:: ::nono::

I've heard your shower complain ::grin:: ::grin::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:42 am wrote:
madamimadam » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:40 am wrote:

*sings Auld Lang Syne*

No singing ::nono:: ::nono::

I've heard your shower complain ::grin:: ::grin::

Oh, crap!!!! Your memory is too good, gurllll!

::crylaugh::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Hehehe, love you, Marie !! ::wub:: ::wub:: ::flowers:: ::flowers:: ::flowers::

::haha:: ::haha::

Seeing L2L's post in the T & T thread (lol) about the Sir Paul concert....what's everybody listening to these days? I know we're all Adam superfans, but I'm sure there are other singers that get us through the day. I love to hear about what music other people listen to. I'm not a Sir Paul fan, didn't really like the Beatles, but I'm so happy L2L got to see him in concert.

I seem to have this weird thing about singers from other countries, not sure why. Other than Adam, most of my music playlist is from other countries, I just realized the other day. My current jam and favorite album is from Conchita, drag artist extraordinaire from Austria...winner of the 2014 Eurovision contest. I've watched tons of interviews with Conchita and I've just totally fallen in love with her. While not a vocal talent like our Adam (not many who are), she puts her heart and soul into singing, and her first album is really good. She's just lovely and I really appreciated somebody mentioning her on another board so I could check her out.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

svca » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:58 am wrote:Hehehe, love you, Marie !! ::wub:: ::wub:: ::flowers:: ::flowers:: ::flowers::

::haha:: ::haha::

Seeing L2L's post in the T & T thread (lol) about the Sir Paul concert....what's everybody listening to these days? I know we're all Adam superfans, but I'm sure there are other singers that get us through the day. I love to hear about what music other people listen to. I'm not a Sir Paul fan, didn't really like the Beatles, but I'm so happy L2L got to see him in concert.

I seem to have this weird thing about singers from other countries, not sure why. Other than Adam, most of my music playlist is from other countries, I just realized the other day. My current jam and favorite album is from Conchita, drag artist extraordinaire from Austria...winner of the 2014 Eurovision contest. I've watched tons of interviews with Conchita and I've just totally fallen in love with her. While not a vocal talent like our Adam (not many who are), she puts her heart and soul into singing, and her first album is really good. She's just lovely and I really appreciated somebody mentioning her on another board so I could check her out.

TY ::yessss:: I love hearing about others' musical experiences too !!

Love sharing musical jams as well !!!! Music just makes life better...IMO ::wub::

For me....Sir Paul was my first ...Music Boyfriend....way before Adam ::wub::

The other night.....Paul sang 42 songs played multiple guitars & piano.....never left the stage....3 hours !!!

Sounded amazing.....and it was a wonderful trip down memory lane with pyro & laser beam light display as well....

It was truly a ...Magical Musical Tour ::wub::

Adam will remain my favorite though....His voice is so sweet & love how he owns the stage ::wub::

Can't wait to see him again....either with Queenbert or Adam solo !!!

I am forever a Glambert ::wub:: ::yessss::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Out of curiosity, how many of you actually use/read the Daily News thread?

::think::
"It is what it is!"
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

I don't use the thread... ::blushing::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

infinite » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:25 am wrote:I don't use the thread... ::blushing::
Thanks for letting me know. ::thumbup::
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

infinite » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:25 am wrote:I don't use the thread... ::blushing::
Sad to say that I don't either. I just go to the individual threads when the news is posted. ::stealth::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Paula » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:54 am wrote:
Sad to say that I don't either. I just go to the individual threads when the news is posted. ::stealth::
Nothing wrong with that, BB. I'm just trying to figure things out to make everyone happy... The members here and the guests we get from twitter.

::yes::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

I like going to the individual threads also...especially if I'm busy...i can pick and choose...
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:10 am wrote:I like going to the individual threads also...especially if I'm busy...i can pick and choose...
OK, BB. Thanks for letting me know...

Thanks for the input, guys! I really appreciate it.

The wheels are turning on how I can make this board better...
"It is what it is!"
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

Just individual threads here too! ::stud::

Return to “Let's Talk!”