"The Original High" Helping Adam for Era #3 Guidelines

Love2Lurk
Helping Adam for Era #3 Guidelines

Post by Love2Lurk »

nica575 wrote:
Love2Lurk wrote:I think the age issues should be put to rest.....

Posting once or twice is fine...most have gotten the message by now [sad.gif]

If this issue is pressed .....it will begin to turn off fans....IMO [cry.gif]

I saw a few disputes on twitter last evening [sad.gif]

I don't think Adam would like it either [Love.png]

just my 2 cents [0134.gif]
Unfortunately the AGE ISSUE IS THE ISSUE FOR RADIO! They have advertisers that are targeting specific age demo and geographic demo. Radio is interested in the audience that lives in their listening area and is specifically targeted by their advertisers as far as age is concerned. FOr POP stations the age is very young!

So, M&Gs at the radio stations are not the same as M&Gs at the concerts, or at CD signings, etc.

If we want radio to play Adam music we need to be smart and give radio what they want. If we don't we will turn radio away, which will hurt album sales, which will preclude the tour... simple, ain't it?

I got it the first time.....

No need to be condescending........
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

That's the problem -- people aren't getting the message. And yes Adam is a sweet guy but I have no doubt he's wishing he was seeing different people at these m & g's. And by different I mean age wise and, as he called them, repeat offender wise. In the last two days he called people out for being repeat offender'. Unfortunately he's done it in years past and people still aren't listening. He also subtly addressed the age thing with his comment about the techno stuff being for your grandkids. Sometimes I think Adam's too nice for his own good - maybe he needs to be more direct.

Watching and listening to him do these radio interviews has been fun and I'm so happy/excited for him. Then I see the pics/tweets/videos from the m & g's and I feel both angry and sad. Angry at people who are so self absorbed they simply don't care what effect they are having on his career and sad for Adam that he has to deal with this yet again knowing that he only gets so many opportunities at this radio success and he's running out of those opportunities.
nica575

Post by nica575 »

Love2Lurk wrote:
nica575 wrote:

Unfortunately the AGE ISSUE IS THE ISSUE FOR RADIO! They have advertisers that are targeting specific age demo and geographic demo. Radio is interested in the audience that lives in their listening area and is specifically targeted by their advertisers as far as age is concerned. FOr POP stations the age is very young!

So, M&Gs at the radio stations are not the same as M&Gs at the concerts, or at CD signings, etc.

If we want radio to play Adam music we need to be smart and give radio what they want. If we don't we will turn radio away, which will hurt album sales, which will preclude the tour... simple, ain't it?

I got it the first time.....

No need to be condescending........
Sorry if I came across that way...I certainly did not mean it.....I just didn't understand why "the age issue should be put to rest" when both age and locale ARE the issues for the radio....I know it is a difficult subject for many of us, including myself.... Sorry again [0146.gif]
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I get it guys.....no need to keep repeating the ageism ....

Bad behavior comes in all .....shapes ....sizes.....ages...

Sometimes.....with good intentions ..........

and yes Adam is too nice....He is a very sweet soul [Love.png]

So you can rest easy...I have never gone to a radio promo thing...and never would.... [roll.gif]
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Love2Lurk wrote:I get it guys.....no need to keep repeating the ageism ....

So you can rest easy...I have never gone to a radio promo thing...and never would.... [roll.gif]
I don't think anyone is aiming the discussion at you, BB.

But clearly, from the pictures and videos from yesterday and today a lot of fans are not getting the message or opting to ignore it in pursuit of their personal gain.

I think the members on this board are very aware of what needs to be done and we're preaching to the choir here... but there are a lot of 'guests' who come by and read here... If we can get ONE person to see the light (and spread it to her friends), we are helping Adam out.

I am 61 years old and take absolutely no offense to something that clearly makes so much sense!!! Demographics are targeted by the stations advertisers, the same as television. Glee doesn't have the same advertisers as the Walking Dead... Same thing with radio.

I watch both shows and giggle at the acne commercials on Glee and cringe at the cruiseship commercials on Walking Dead... Age doesn't make one old, one's spirit does.

I can greatly admire the fashion sense of some young actress or singer, but wouldn't dream of wearing it...

It's all in the same vein... I may be young at heart, but my age demands a certain amount of decorum which I'm happy to supply since it allows for my lazyness!

[foxes_251.gif]
"It is what it is!"
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

madamimadam wrote:
Love2Lurk wrote:I get it guys.....no need to keep repeating the ageism ....

I don't think anyone is aiming the discussion at you, BB.

But clearly, from the pictures and videos from yesterday and today a lot of fans are not getting the message or opting to ignore it in pursuit of their personal gain.

I think the members on this board are very aware of what needs to be done and we're preaching to the choir here... but there are a lot of 'guests' who come by and read here... If we can get ONE person to see the light (and spread it to her friends), we are helping Adam out.

I am 61 years old and take absolutely no offense to something that clearly makes so much sense!!! Demographics are targeted by the stations advertisers, the same as television. Glee doesn't have the same advertisers as the Walking Dead... Same thing with radio.

I watch both shows and giggle at the acne commercials on Glee and cringe at the cruiseship commercials on Walking Dead... Age doesn't make one old, one's spirit does.

I can greatly admire the fashion sense of some young actress or singer, but wouldn't dream of wearing it...

It's all in the same vein... I may be young at heart, but my age demands a certain amount of decorum which I'm happy to supply since it allows for my lazyness!

[foxes_251.gif]

I didn't think anyone was aiming at me directly ..... [friends.gif]

I just didn't want anyone thinking I was the disgusting old fart showing up everywhere [roll.gif]

Well....my protest allowed for the fandom's consensus to be driven home....completely [roll.gif] [confused.gif] [shock.gif] [0144.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Love2Lurk wrote:

I just didn't want anyone thinking I was the disgusting old fart showing up everywhere [roll.gif]

Well....my protest allowed for the fandom's consensus to be driven home....completely [roll.gif] [confused.gif] [shock.gif] [0144.gif]
Was it good for you? [0002.gif] [lmao.gif] [rolling.gif]
"It is what it is!"
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

madamimadam wrote:
Love2Lurk wrote:

No....I feel used [tomato.gif] [0059.gif]
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

[foxes_251.gif][/quote]

I'm 60. I've had one m&g which I'm kind of proud came through my contribution to Donor's Choose. (And I'm also glad that they added my husband to the event.) Since I was going to the concert that night, I was happy to take the day off to go to the m&g.

I still work. I have clients who count on me being available. I gather that the "repeat offenders" are retired and can devote their days to pursuing these opportunities. And since they do it in a group, it's their rationale for the pursuit. I see there's a cd signing in NY in June. I can't even get to that.

I don't have an answer. I listen to z100, and kiis on my commute. And also sirius edm channels.

How do you get the perrenial people to back off?
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

This is one controversial issue...

It keeps me going to QAL wherever, and it's why I wouldn't go to a radio m&g. Adam's smile is getting more and more tepid with the repeat offenders. It actually cracks me up to see the pictures now.

I do wonder what going to a solo show this era will be like. I'm looking forward to it in some ways, and not in other ways.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Love2Lurk wrote:
madamimadam wrote:
Love2Lurk wrote:

No....I feel used [tomato.gif] [0059.gif]
Why? You're not into the wham bam, thank you ma'am stuff? [0144.gif]

And by the way I don't think those fans are disgusting old farts... I think they're lovely ladies and I fully understand their enthusiasm and how young Adam makes them feel... He does the same to me... Brings back memories of my youth. [icon_evil.gif]

I think that these ladies (myself included) have worked hard, raised kids, done right by their families and have earned the right to attend as many concerts as they can afford and Adam will be delighted to see their familiar faces then... just not at radio stations M&G...
"It is what it is!"
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I don't think we want them to back off too much....

Adam is not a teen idol....so I don't think teens are going to show up....

20s to midlife group are working mostly.....

I really don't think we want to discourage too much......

Adam has a very different & mixed fandom.....it is what it is [roll.gif]
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

I think every older woman who insists on going to these radio station events should bring a 13 - 33 year old with them.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

It's not ageism it's just common sense. It's not meant to take offense over. It's just reality. Radio target a more young based audience. Top 40 Mainstream Pop most of the pop stars is a young persons game. Taylor Ariana e.t.c. All under 30. So naturally so are fans. That's not to say a 18 year old went too three MGS. Would be the same thing. Adam be like are you stalking me? lol. Fans should think of the big picture. And what message it sends.

1. Going to a M and G in your area Okay. You are entitled to meet your idol

2. Going to consecutive M and G's when you just meet Adam. And it is not in your radio demographic. Sends the wrong message.

That's it. People of a certain age need to stop acting all insulted. Only reason this is still happening because clearly the message has not sunk in.
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

Like many of you, I was totally bummed to see the demographic that showed up for these m&gs……….my first thoughts were …here we go again…déjà vu of past eras. My question is …….where are the peeps from the right demographic?...Is it impossible for them to get to these m&gs?....Is it due to school and work?...Who shows up for ….Tove Lo?…..Ellie Goulding?…..Jason Derulo?….Ella Henderson?…….etc..etc….??? If these artists’ m&gs have the “correct” demographic for radio……..that means it is possible to have younger people make these day m&g gigs……..

So again …why can’t Adam bring in the 18 – 29 year olds? Is the passion not there to try to win these m&gs?

Seeing Adam in these various vids and pics……….all I could think about was..... what was going thru his head?……..sure he was thinking déjà vu, too…….

Have another question…….how relevant/important are these visits to radio stations in obtaining adds/spins for an artist?……….do they really have an effect other than the audience hearing the interview and the track ? ….. Maybe that is enough? Gets someone interested in buying the track……listen on spotify…..go to the music vid……..anyway….was really hoping to see some fresh young faces for these m&gs……….and what is so frustrating...he does have young fans ...lots of them.....but, again, why are they not proactive in trying to meet him?
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

Adam has surely fans who are fitting into the radio demographic but for reasons I do not understand they are not present at those radio M&G.
And if I - living in Germany - are able to identify certain people on pics with Adam something is wrong. And when Adam has to address it and calls a fan "repeat offender" something is even more wrong.
Why can`t those winners not bring a young fan or even relative to those events as the +1?

Interesting that the perception of his fanbase outside of the US is completely different.

Yes, it some kind of a deja-vu but this time he is actually getting airplay and is not some kind of a "beggar" when he is visiting the stations.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

bebeg wrote:

That's the problem -- people aren't getting the message. And yes Adam is a sweet guy but I have no doubt he's wishing he was seeing different people at these m & g's. And by different I mean age wise and, as he called them, repeat offender wise. In the last two days he called people out for being repeat offender'. Unfortunately he's done it in years past and people still aren't listening. He also subtly addressed the age thing with his comment about the techno stuff being for your grandkids. Sometimes I think Adam's too nice for his own good - maybe he needs to be more direct.

Watching and listening to him do these radio interviews has been fun and I'm so happy/excited for him. Then I see the pics/tweets/videos from the m & g's and I feel both angry and sad. Angry at people who are so self absorbed they simply don't care what effect they are having on his career and sad for Adam that he has to deal with this yet again knowing that he only gets so many opportunities at this radio success and he's running out of those opportunities.
[thumb.gif] Great post, Bebeg! These "repeat offenders" need to realize that if Adam were so happy in seeing you again and again, he would have asked for your phone #!!

And, I truly feel for him, because the parade of these groupies must be unnerving to him...knowing that they may hurt his chances of further radio play...a yet being too nice to be rude.
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

Sabine wrote:Adam has surely fans who are fitting into the radio demographic but for reasons I do not understand they are not present at those radio M&G.
And if I - living in Germany - are able to identify certain people on pics with Adam something is wrong. And when Adam has to address it and calls a fan "repeat offender" something is even more wrong.
Why can`t those winners not bring a young fan or even relative to those events as the +1?

Interesting that the perception of his fanbase outside of the US is completely different.

Yes, it some kind of a deja-vu but this time he is actually getting airplay and is not some kind of a "beggar" when he is visiting the stations.
yes the demographic would be so completely different if these m&g were in Europe...Asia .....England ....NZ...Australia.... etc..........(shosh said he will be doing radio in Europe ....does that mean he may actually go over there in the flesh or just via phone?)

anyway ....you are right about the airplay...thank god.........maybe adam just shouldn't do m&g in the US.....they don't seem to be doing him service...more disservice......also these m&g are keeping the mind set that his fans are a bunch of older women ...

thought it was interesting what he said about the grandmas/older women saying they didn't get the techno part of GT in one of the interviews yesterday and said
GT was for their grand kids .......or something like that...which iterates who he is catering to for his demographic (no brainer, really) with TOH...........
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Putting the high school drama aside [roll.gif] [0144.gif]

This has been the best radio opening for Adam [thumb.gif]

So....yayyyyyyyyyyyyy for Adam [clap.gif] [0071.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

LambertMusic411 · 3h 3 hours ago
Shazam is a song ID tool that radio looks at. *Only 1 Shazam per acct counts.* Get others to Shazam after you have! http://requestadamlambert.com/shazam-the-song/
"It is what it is!"
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2015 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:30 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”