"The Original High" Helping Adam for Era #3 Guidelines

Carmi

Post by Carmi »

Thanks RUSTYCAT [0146.gif]  I appreciate the insight.
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

Sorry my posts got messed up.  derulo had a specific shazam promo tied to his singke rejeSe date. He tweeted his fans to shazam. As did shazam. And iheart stations.  We should wait until adam or shazam ask us to shazam
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

rustycat:9748 wrote: Deruko had a drop date shazam promo. He told his fans to shazam. Shazam said to shazam and iheart stations said to shazam.   Wait until adam or shosh or shazam say to shazam
OOOF! Thanks Rusty! I was getting worried that I had gotten 'roped in' to something I shouldn't have.

I'll have clarification from Shosh tomorrow though.

What you're saying and what is posted at that link is basically the same thing... so I feel somewhat better!

:hug:
"It is what it is!"
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

Remember that the only adds date we know of is 4/28. A week after release. It may be they want the fanbase to give shazam a big jolt a week after it's out at same time as radio adds to show radio interest in song.  Also lots of artists have shazam promos n stuff now. We know he met w a shazam guy in London. Maybe there is a promo w shazam for week 2.  Derulo had a promo with them.   Maybe Adam does too
svca

Post by svca »

I have to giggle every time I read the word Shazam.....didn't there used to be a tv show by that name, a long, long, long, long time ago?

I vaguely remember some guy turning into a superhero yelling Shazam.

Back on topic....when did all this album and music stuff become so complicated??  :seestars:  :seestars:

Whatever happened to just buying the album lol?

The music business is not for the faint of heart.....kudos for Adam for hanging in there.  Hopefully WB has his back this time around.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

rustycat:9746 wrote:
nica575:8966 wrote:

Pat H
‏@PattiHum
Food for thought. Don't buy the album on iTunes at all. If you do, you can never purchase just singles, because your album will be complete

I Understand this argument but its a terrible idea. I high iTunes chart position is great promo for the album. If fans don't but the album it won't get a high chart position.
I can't guarantee, that you can still buy the album and still purchase the singles, but I have done it before to help Adam's sales.  I just got a message saying  my album was complete and that I already had purchased the song, did I still want to purchase another.  Just clicked yes, and I was able to purchase a second single.  I can't remember the exact wording, but that is close enough.  I just took it as a reminder, in case I was making a mistake on my part. :Smile:

I will still buy the album from Itunes, as well as the singles as they are released from the album unless things have changed and Itunes will not allow you to do that, but I cannot see that happening as it is sales to them.  :Smile:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca:9756 wrote:I have to giggle every time I read the word Shazam.....didn't there used to be a tv show by that name, a long, long, long, long time ago?

Back on topic....when did all this album and music stuff become so complicated??  :seestars:  :seestars:

The music business is not for the faint of heart.....kudos for Adam for hanging in there.  Hopefully WB has his back this time around.
IKR....It's gotten to be a nightmare. :laugh: I have no doubt WB will have Adam's back. :Smile: They seem to be doing a pretty good job as it is. :Smile:
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

svca:9756 wrote:I have to giggle every time I read the word Shazam.....didn't there used to be a tv show by that name, a long, long, long, long time ago?

Oh I agree with you wholeheartedly. Anyone who makes it in the music industry is a hero/warrior to me. It's so cutthroat. An artists talent and voice seem to be an incidental. It's not easy.

I am glad that Adam has said he is "in it to win it." And he will "fight for it". But a toll is for sure taken   on him and all others too. We just listen to the music and sing along and jam out. But high dues are paid by the artists. It gives one a better appreciation for the tunes and hard work. At least it does for me. :wub:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Carmi:9764 wrote:

Oh I agree with you wholeheartedly. Anyone who makes it in the music industry is a hero/warrior to me. It's so cutthroat. An artists talent and voice seem to be an incidental. It's not easy.

I am glad that Adam has said he is "in it to win it." And he will "fight for it". But a toll is for sure taken   on him and all others too. We just listen to the music and sing along and jam out. But high dues are paid by the artists. It gives one a better appreciation for the tunes and hard work. At least it does for me. :wub:

Yes, it sure isn't like it used to be where vocals used to count.   :sad:  Now with autotune, you don't need to have good vocals, just have the looks, dress, and even be a little bit weird. :laugh:

The music industry is so cuthroat, I think today, is because there are so many out there trying to make it thru the door and have staying power and with the advent of You Tube, those who are looking for new talent, don't even have to travel the bars etc. looking for  new talent. Plus they don't seem to care, that they may only be 1 hit wonders.  Values, have sorely changed IMO. :Smile:
indybeck71

Post by indybeck71 »

Hi everyone. Some of you may remember me: I was indybeck71 at the old IDF board.

I also wanted to let you that I'm running the @LambertMusic411 and requestadamlambert.com web site. I saw there was some concern about the information. I'll answer what questions I can but can't spell some things out.

Adam or both will be directing us about Shazam. I know that for certain.

I received the info to get the word out to not Shazam early and then have fans waste their one Shazam per account. All I know is that the info is 100% solid and it's deemed important.

Also, when a song is brand new, an entire fandom glued to radio to hear the song the first day or even first week is likely too obvious and shows our true colors as mega Adam fans.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

indybeck71:9775 wrote:Hi everyone. Some of you may remember me: I was indybeck71 at the old IDF board.

I also wanted to let you that I'm running the @LambertMusic411 and [requestadamlambert.com web site. I saw there was some concern about the information. I'll answer what questions I can but can't spell some things out.

I received the info to get the word out to not Shazam early and then have fans waste their one Shazam per account. All I know is that the info is 100% solid and it's deemed important.

Also, when a song is brand new, an entire fandom glued to radio to hear the song the first day or even first week is likely too obvious and shows our true colors as mega Adam fans.
Hi indybeck, happy to see you found your way here. Welcome to our new home. :Smile:  :flowers:
Thank you for all the info you are giving us.  :thumbsup: It was getting very confusing to a lot of us,  regarding Shazam. :Smile:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

indybeck71:9775 wrote:Hi everyone. Some of you may remember me: I was indybeck71 at the old IDF board.

I also wanted to let you that I'm running the @LambertMusic411 and [requestadamlambert.com web site. I saw there was some concern about the information. I'll answer what questions I can but can't spell some things out.

Indy!!!!! That's you???????????????? Why didn't you tell me, you sneaky gurllll!!!!!

OK, without giving us names, where/how did you get this information?
"It is what it is!"
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

rustycat:9748 wrote:
Carmi:9739 wrote:
bebeg:9738 wrote:
Carmi:9737 wrote:
madamimadam:9687 wrote:mmadamimadamm  2m2 minutes ago
PLZ RT! IMPORTANT!

SHA ZAM FOR GT IS NOT TO HAPPEN UNTIL WEEK OF 4/27. WAIT FOR ADAM / SHA ZAM' S INSTRUCTIONS!!!

http://requestadamlambert.com/2015/04/1 ... host-town/

Is there anyone here who can explain this better? RUSTYCAT are you around and can help?

Why do we need to wait six days to Shazam? The song could potentially tank by then without interest shown to it. Six days is a long time in radio business. I know we are a fandom and want to do right by Adam, but what about the general public Shazaming? Will that hurt him? imo, I don't think it will.

This statement from requestadam is very strange to me. But what do I know. :thinks: Any clarity would be appreciated. :flowers:
That's what I think -- if there's no interest shown when they initially play it, why would they continue to play it?    

I know Shoshanna said they will tell the fans when to shazam/request it.  But did she ever imply it would be later than when it starts playing on radio.  I always assumed she meant don't request the song that's not yet been released.

That is how I interpreted Shoshanna too. :thinks:

I hate to keep overstating Derulo...but, the general public Shazamed the hell out of his recent single from the get go and no harm seemed to have come from it. It only made his exposure greater for the song being liked.

I know the general public will act accordingly. And we can't stop them. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Deruko had a drop date shazam promo. He told his fans to shazam. Shazam said to shazam and iheart stations said to shazam.   Wait until adam or shosh or shazam say to shazam
So Shazam tells people when to shazam a song?  Doesn't that defeat the purpose?  Shouldn't a song become a hit naturally because people like it?   I don't know..I guess I just find all the game playing strange.  I'd much rather Adam have success because it's suppose to happen and not because fans are sitting around waiting to be told what to do and when to do it.

I guess it's all part of the way things work today in the music industry.
indybeck71

Post by indybeck71 »

madamimadam:9778 wrote:

Indy!!!!! That's you???????????????? Why didn't you tell me, you sneaky gurllll!!!!!

OK, without giving us names, where/how did you get this information?
Yes, it's me!! I really can't say anything...would if I could. But you can be assured I'm not pulling all this info out of thin air!  :laugh: All I can say is someone who knows 100% the plans communicated it to me.
indybeck71

Post by indybeck71 »

bebeg: Nothing much truly happens organically in music nowadays. That's just the way it is. The music industry itself is a game. There are all sorts of strategies and promos to maximize what is out there to impact radio and sales. Adam clearly wants to win the game and get a hit with "Ghost Town" -- that's the way I look at it and what motivates me. :flowers:
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

But lots of songs DO hit organically. There is no denying it with Pharrell's "Happy" and Thicke's "Blurred Lines". I don't know. It seems like stacking the deck for GhostTown. When Trespassing came out, we as a fandom, shot it up to #1 the first week. Then it fell abysmally off the second week. I don't want that for GhostTown.

Also, how do we stop world wide fans that have Shazam accounts, that will no doubt Shazam it as soon as they hear it on Monday?

I want the best for him. As I always have. But all these instructions are getting tedious. I wish you can tell us where your information is sourced from. It would make it easier for me to digest. Thanks for sharing what you can though.   :Smile:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK, my eyes are closing... I'm off to bed... Tomorrow is another day which, I hope, will bring more clarity to what we can do to 'help' Adam, not 'hinder' him!

"It is what it is!"
indybeck71

Post by indybeck71 »

Carmi:9786 wrote:But lots of songs DO hit organically. There is no denying it with Pharrell's "Happy" and Thicke's "Blurred Lines". I don't know. It seems like stacking the deck for GhostTown. When Trespassing came out, we as a fandom, shot it up to #1 the first week. Then it fell abysmally off the second week. I don't want that for GhostTown.

Also, how do we stop world wide fans that have Shazam accounts, that will no doubt Shazam it as soon as they hear it on Monday?

I want the best for him. As I always have. But all these instructions are getting tedious. I wish you can tell us where your information is sourced from. It would make it easier for me to digest. Thanks for sharing what you can though.   :Smile:
It may appear that things happen organically, but we don't know the plans and what went on behind the scenes at all.

We can only do what we can. And in this case, what you think is best. You now have the information. We can't control what someone does in Paris, for example. Besides, my impression was this was more a US thing anyway.

The information I shared is the same regardless of me telling where it came from (and no I'm not going to say who it was; simply can't). I know this info is 100% accurate. It's up to you to follow it (or not), but fans should know that this is the path that I've been told will most help Adam. Thx!
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

Whatever Adam and his team says.  I don't need to be on Shazam or anything else unless it makes an impact.
I just want to hear the new music !!!!
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

indybeck71:9789 wrote:
Carmi:9786 wrote:But lots of songs DO hit organically. There is no denying it with Pharrell's "Happy" and Thicke's "Blurred Lines". I don't know. It seems like stacking the deck for GhostTown. When Trespassing came out, we as a fandom, shot it up to #1 the first week. Then it fell abysmally off the second week. I don't want that for GhostTown.

It may appear that things happen organically, but we don't know the plans and what went on behind the scenes at all.

We can only do what we can. And in this case, what you think is best. You now have the information. We can't control what someone does in Paris, for example. Besides, my impression was this was more a US thing anyway.

The information I shared is the same regardless of me telling where it came from (and no I'm not going to say who it was; simply can't). I know this info is 100% accurate. It's up to you to follow it (or not), but fans should know that this is the path that I've been told will most help Adam. Thx!

Thanks for all your responding. :flowers:

I still say that "Happy" was organic. And then it went viral world wide. There was no amount of Shazaming guidelines for that imo. It was just a massively appealing song that people everywhere loved. I hope the same for GhostTown.

I don't know why you think that, or got the impression that this is only a US thing. In Shoshanna's tweet, she gave the time of the drop in US, UK and Australia. So, IT IS world wide and not exclusive to the US. Shazam is also a UK owned company. And that also lends itself to not being exclusively US.

You're right. I have the info. I will do what "I" feel is best. I guess I am a lot like Adam. I really hate being told what to do.   :laugh:  BTW, I am NOT saying that you are telling me or anyone what to do. I want to be clear about that. I know that you are just the messenger.

Cheers :flowers:
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2015 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:30 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”