"The Original High" Helping Adam for Era #3 Guidelines

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:45 pm wrote:HELPFUL THINGS TO DO FOR TOH

LambertMusic411 6h6 hours ago
ADAM FANS: *Important* daily to-do list 4 #GhostTown — keep streaming + show online support w/station voting (list) http://requestadamlambert.com/daily-to-do !

LambertMusic411 Jun 27
ADAM FANS: Next single talk is fun but nothing on horizon. #GhostTown moving up on HAC & hopefully Pop soon. That WTop 30 interview not new
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:45 pm wrote:HELPING SALES FOR TOH

LambertMusic411 Jul 1
TIP: Shazam is evolving as an engagement tool; read updated look at what that means for Adam fans (more GT Shazams!) http://requestadamlambert.com/shazam-the-song/

LambertMusic411 9h9 hours ago
ADAM FANS: Straight Talk on what HELPS & what HURTS "Ghost Town" http://requestadamlambert.com/2015/07/0 ... host-town/ … - TIPS to aid GT + REMINDER of what we need to avoid
"It is what it is!"
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

Struck out looking for TOH at Barnes & Noble on my way home yesterday. Wondering if there's anything to be found at Walmart. (My husband asked why I got three copies delivered from Amazon. ... Gifts, I told him. Good thing he didn't ask about iTunes or what else may have been in the box with The Original High cap,
nica575

Post by nica575 »

Lambert Music 411 @LambertMusic411
ADAM FANS:

>>> Want to maximize your YT streaming of “Ghost Town”? <<<

Follow these easy steps; makes a difference! http://requestadamlambert.com/2015/07/0 ... refresher/

9:59 AM - 3 Jul 2015
WordPress.com

Auto YouTube Refresher
A trick to make our YouTube streaming of "Ghost Town" have more of an impact! This is what ALL the young fan groups (Selena, Fifth Harmony, etc.) are doing; we need to embrace this to keep pace! **...
crocked

Post by crocked »

nica575 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:58 pm wrote:Lambert Music 411 @LambertMusic411
ADAM FANS:

Follow these easy steps; makes a difference! http://requestadamlambert.com/2015/07/0 ... refresher/

WordPress.com

Auto YouTube Refresher
A trick to make our YouTube streaming of "Ghost Town" have more of an impact! This is what ALL the young fan groups (Selena, Fifth Harmony, etc.) are doing; we need to embrace this to keep pace! **...
WOW! Mystery solved how other artists have number of viewers shoot up!
I try to help as much as I can but my internet is not that reliable. I spotify everytime I open the computer and whenever there is internet, playing the whole album. But I will youtube now except that at present when I click GT official video,I get the message "this webpage is not available". So I wait.
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

crocked » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:40 am wrote:
ADAM FANS:

WordPress.com

Auto YouTube Refresher
I try to help as much as I can but my internet is not that reliable. I spotify everytime I open the computer and whenever there is internet, playing the whole album. But I will youtube now except that at present when I click GT official video,I get the message "this webpage is not available". So I wait.
Do we know for sure that these multiple views do count? Only a couple of weeks ago, it was being claimed by one of the administrators on another Adam forum that just five views per day counted. Anything more than that, this person said, and the behavior would be seen as "suspicious" by YT's guardians and the views swiftly deducted.

It was also claimed on the same site that only full views counted---not just 30-40 seconds.

Very confusing ::argh::

I don't know about anyone else, but I find it a tad irritating that tricks like these are now needed to ensure that Adam doesn't get left in the dust by Selena Gomez & her ilk!
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

DerekMcG » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:24 am wrote:
ADAM FANS:

WordPress.com

Auto YouTube Refresher
Do we know for sure that these multiple views do count? Only a couple of weeks ago, it was being claimed by one of the administrators on another Adam forum that just five views per day counted. Anything more than that, this person said, and the behavior would be seen as "suspicious" by YT's guardians and the views swiftly deducted.

It was also claimed on the same site that only full views counted---not just 30-40 seconds.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find it a tad irritating that tricks like these are now needed to ensure that Adam doesn't get left in the dust by Selena Gomez & her ilk!
MTE...
nica575

Post by nica575 »

DerekMcG » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:24 am wrote:
ADAM FANS:

WordPress.com

Auto YouTube Refresher

re what counts: IDK if Q3 is correct or the author of the article linked below is correct,....here is the link from LambertMusic411's post, that seems to be the source of her info:

http://marketingland.com/whats-a-video- ... ube-128311

What’s A Video View? On Facebook, Only 3 Seconds Vs. 30 At YouTube
The major social networks don't agree on how to count video views; here's a rundown of the sometimes slippery metric.
Martin Beck on May 12, 2015 at 8:05 am

"......In the meantime, here’s the rundown of how the major players count video views:

YouTube: The Google-owned video network counts a view after a user has watched a video for “around” 30 seconds.
."

re "tricks are irritating": same here! but if THAT what it takes to get to the level where Adam belongs - I'll be trying to do it ...despite it being annoying and tiresome...all in the hope that one day we can all stop and just watch the counts rise "organically"...
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

Thanks for your thoughts, Nica. Much as I hate these "games," I appreciate the depressing reality of what it takes to achieve a hit these days, so l'll continue to do my bit to boost those YouTube views ::rolleyes:: (Actually, that's about all I can do here in Korea, as there's no Spotify, Shazam, etc.)

The tactic seems to be working, anyway: after an initial slump a couple of days back after the GT video passed the 8-million mark, things have suddenly sped up in the last 24 hours. The video was at 8,648,264 a few minutes ago. That's 648,000 views in four days ::smile::
nica575

Post by nica575 »

Lambert Music 411
‏lambertmusic411
ADAM FANS: #GhostTown Remixes – How to Buy to Impact Billboard 100 (individually but leave 1 at each retailer) + more http://requestadamlambert.com/2015/07/0 ... board-100/

On Friday, July 10, various remixes of Adam Lambert’s hit, “Ghost Town” will be released for purchase and streaming! The songs will be available for individual purchase and through a remix EP (album).

OUR BEST STRATEGY:
DO NOT BUY THE EP
! If you do, that will count toward the Billboard 200 album chart only; the Remix EP is not going to make the chart. It’s a waste of our time and will not help “Ghost Town” at all.

BUY THE REMIXES INDIVIDUALLY – ALL BUT 1! Individual purchases of the remixes will count toward “Ghost Town” single purchases and help the song chart higher on the Billboard 100 chart. That is what we want – and it’s what is most important right now – to help “Ghost Town” go as far as it can! Radio looks at the Billboard 100 chart, so the higher the song goes the better!

The reason you don’t buy all the remixes individually from any one place (iTunes, Amazon, MyPlayDirect, etc.), is because if you buy ALL of the content of the EP separately, it will be automatically converted to 1 album/EP buy instead of the X single purchases that we want. So if you want all the different remixes, just switch the one you didn’t buy at the second merchant (iTunes, Amazon, MyPlayDirect, etc.).

more...
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Interesting. ::think:: ::thinking::.....
Linda Ladden ‏@4evrmomof4
IMPORTANT .@adamlambert fans, if you mute your streaming audio or video of GT, your stream will not be counted!!!!
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

http://requestadamlambert.com/2015/07/0 ... ity-check/

Let’s Focus on ‘Ghost Town’ + Reality Check

REMINDER: “Ghost Town” is Adam’s SINGLE! Talk of another single may be fun, but it doesn’t appear to be happening soon (especially with the song moving again now on Top 40/Pop chart). So the BEST THING we can do is fully get behind “Ghost Town”! Stream it, buy it, Shazam it, praise it on social media!

Some of you may think that Adam’s “Ghost Town” should now be on virtually all the major stations and played a lot, but that’s not realistic at all. Adam hasn’t had a single out in two years and his most recent hit was five years ago. The radio and music industry is very much a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately business.

I actually agree with them. There is too much talk about the second single already. Even Shoshanna had to make this clear today.
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

Sabine » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:37 am wrote:http://requestadamlambert.com/2015/07/0 ... ity-check/

Let’s Focus on ‘Ghost Town’ + Reality Check

REMINDER: “Ghost Town” is Adam’s SINGLE! Talk of another single may be fun, but it doesn’t appear to be happening soon (especially with the song moving again now on Top 40/Pop chart). So the BEST THING we can do is fully get behind “Ghost Town”! Stream it, buy it, Shazam it, praise it on social media!

Some of you may think that Adam’s “Ghost Town” should now be on virtually all the major stations and played a lot, but that’s not realistic at all. Adam hasn’t had a single out in two years and his most recent hit was five years ago. The radio and music industry is very much a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately business.

I actually agree with them. There is too much talk about the second single already. Even Shoshanna had to make this clear today.
Fair enough, but I don't see any harm in speculating about the next single within the confines of this forum. It's fun to share views, and if we can't do it here, then where can we do it? After all, radio PDs are unlikely to be lurking on this forum ::haha::

Of course, it's a different matter if fans are regularly tweeting Adam/Radio/Warners to ask when and what the next single will be, but I don't think any of us are guilty of that.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I also find these....tricks....by the music industry to be very annoying.....

When...in fact....the #1 spot that over took Adam's first week ....was the sales of JT album.....

I feel Adam may have lost sales & money due to all the over advise of streaming ::livid::

also...if ....as a fandom we want to discuss the next single....we are free to do that. ::rolleyes::

anyways.....carry on ::rolleyes:: ::flowers::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

infinite » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:06 am wrote:
nica575 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:58 pm wrote:Lambert Music 411 @LambertMusic411
ADAM FANS:

WordPress.com

Auto YouTube Refresher
A trick to make our YouTube streaming of "Ghost Town" have more of an impact! This is what ALL the young fan groups (Selena, Fifth Harmony, etc.) are doing; we need to embrace this to keep pace!

Just adding my 2 cents...
I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do. ::think::
Of course we would like Adam to have success on the charts, but how I see it ...that's cheating. I'm not really convinced that's what Adam wants. I listen to "Gost Town" on youtube when I'm on my computer what means if I have time I stream it to 3 times at day. If that's not enough... then I don't know ::unsure:: .
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

ok....just bought all but one.....

really like the KREAM one ...my fav ::thumbup::

Did not buy the Dave one.....sort of had the ...moo quality to it ::rolleyes:: ::haha::

Anyways.....doin' my part ::thumbsup::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

infinite » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:06 am wrote:
ADAM FANS:

WordPress.com

Auto YouTube Refresher
A trick to make our YouTube streaming of "Ghost Town" have more of an impact! This is what ALL the young fan groups (Selena, Fifth Harmony, etc.) are doing; we need to embrace this to keep pace! **..

Of course we would like Adam to have success on the charts, but how I see it ...that's cheating. I'm not really convinced that's what Adam wants. I listen to "Gost Town" on youtube when I'm on my computer what means if I have time I stream it to 3 times at day. If that's not enough... then I don't know ::unsure:: .

IMO....it isn't cheating ::flowers::

I think what you are doing is great !!! ::thumbup::

We all do what we can do .....don't let the craziness get in the way of enjoying the music !!! ::wub::
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Here is the KREAM Remix....from Adam's YT !!!! ::flowers::

Adam Lambert - Ghost Town [KREAM Remix]
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

infinite » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:06 am wrote:
ADAM FANS:

WordPress.com

Auto YouTube Refresher
A trick to make our YouTube streaming of "Ghost Town" have more of an impact! This is what ALL the young fan groups (Selena, Fifth Harmony, etc.) are doing; we need to embrace this to keep pace! **..

I understand what you're saying. I would love to see all this stuff happen organically. And artists be successful/popular simply because more people bought their music, requested their songs, etc. But, that's not how it works.

It's a game. And everyone has to play (artists and fans). However, I do believe that quality still matters. After playing all the games, you better have the goods to back it up or people won't stick around.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:36 pm wrote:HELPING OUT WITH ALN YT VIEWS

LambertMusic411 4h4 hours ago
**PLAY, HIT REFRESH & REPEAT** Adam Lambert's #AnotherLonelyNight video at https://youtu.be/JT_xnNh5wbE <<< Forget about any poll; THIS matters!

LambertMusic411 3h3 hours ago
ADAM FANS: Another way to view #AnotherLonelyNight video on YT on top of your regular streaming efforts ;) http://requestadamlambert.com/2015/10/1 ... refresher/
"It is what it is!"
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2015 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:30 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”